Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,556 members, 7,823,442 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

What Made You Stronger? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Made You Stronger? (1710 Views)

My 17th Wedding Anniversary Today And Getting Stronger / What Is The Hardest Truth You Had To Accept About Life That Made You Stronger / We Have Stronger Women And Weaker Men Now!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Made You Stronger? by illicit(m): 3:55pm On Oct 31, 2021
The saying " what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger " means a lot.... To me.

I have been through Malaria and thyphoid, I doubt if those two diseases can kill me any longer because they hadnt yet.... I once had thyphoid that I couldn't eat for days.

I wonder how I survived.

When I was an adolescent, I had a bout of stomach problem which makes my stomach felt like it wants to turn itself inside out....

Men, this went on intermittently for about two years, men it was thyphoid because our water was polluted and our food too, I was the youngest in my family and seriously affected but I survived after a family friend gave me a potion that smelled like cow urine undecided
Seriously

I lost a cousin too embarassed very young and brilliant boy Ayoola wẹ were close.
I promise to name a son after him.

I once had rashes on my body from head to toe when I was about ten, We never knew what it was as we never went to hospital, my mum would bath me with mere grass and black soap, she would cook me some local fowl egg and make me eat it with my back on the wall, Stark naked while she mumbles some incantations and prayers.

We were poor but I survived.

Some people could have spent a fortune and still died.

One little boy I was playing with as a kid threw sand in my eyes, I couldn't see for days until a doctor did something, I can't remember what exactly.

When I started primary school, my sister and I do walk a lonely route home some of the time and we picked fruits in nearby bushes, any kid that does that these days might be kidnapped, harvested or ritualised shocked undecided

A boy I played with, we were about 5 years old his mum went to the US, she became a nurse, she was going to bring him to the US
That was the same week, he went to swim in a pond and drowned.... I learnt to be careful

I searched for admission for years, I didn't give up.

A guy in my school killed himself because he spilled, I had an extra semester, it was actually administrative error.

I took it in good stride, no qualms....

When I remember some ugly events , I have nostalgic feelings. I smile.

I also had insomnia for a long time, longer than usual, that was how I picked up smoking marijuana because it helped. I never found out what caused this insomnia, cause my sleep just came back really naturally after a stick like nothing happened, some people would have spent a fortune visiting doctors and psychiatrist. I quit smoking much much later.

Experience is the best teacher but you can't be sure that you will survive some experiences, how I got the energy to go on today is because of my past experiences that didn't kill me

Don't ever try to take your life, no matter how sick, broke or unfortunate you think you are.

Even if you tried to kill yourself, if you would survive, somehow you still would.

Its not like there are no problems but killing doesn't do much.

Everyone else has survived one or two diseases, disasters, accidents, yes, just ask around. You will hear, you will see, you will know.

Where there is a way, there is another way.

To those who didn't survive, we don't mock you but we live with your memories.

May we never encounter problems that defy help.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Made You Stronger? by chatinent: 4:00pm On Oct 31, 2021
Once there's life, there's hope.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Stronger? by Candidlady: 4:22pm On Oct 31, 2021
chatinent:

no lies in this!

but that same hope is killing some people! For how long will one keep hoping?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Made You Stronger? by house10s: 4:27pm On Oct 31, 2021
chatinent:

once there's life, there's hope for life to get taken.

u see what I did there sad
Re: What Made You Stronger? by Mood11: 4:32pm On Oct 31, 2021
What made me stronger is the realization that Time Passes. Nothing is permanent. Whatever is the present situation too shall pass..
Confused? It shall pass
In pains? It shall pass
Jobless at this time? It shall pass
In debt? It shall pass
Single an searching? It shall pass
Sick? It shall Pass
Hoping for a breakthrough? It shall pass
Whatever the challenging situation is, it always passes away.
The prayer is that we should be alive to experience that which our greatest desires are.
Even Life too Passes.

20 Likes

Re: What Made You Stronger? by chatinent: 4:35pm On Oct 31, 2021
Candidlady:

no lies in this!

but that same hope is killing some people! For how long will one keep hoping?

I don't wait for it.

I go for it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Stronger? by Bluewitch(f): 5:27pm On Oct 31, 2021
chatinent:

Very true
So long as you breathe inspiration and hope comes and opportunities exists.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Stronger? by sisisioge: 5:39pm On Oct 31, 2021
Wow! So much in your young years....may God bless your life.

I guess because I'm not really afraid of anything despite being a very careful person has strengthened me. Also, having conditioned myself to be seriously independent helps. I can be my own friend, I can live my own life, I can clean my own shittt, I can be broke my own broke, I can pay my own way....independence had made me strong.

May God help us all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Stronger? by sisisioge: 5:44pm On Oct 31, 2021
Mood11:
What made me stronger is the realization that Time Passes. Nothing is permanent. Whatever is the present situation too shall pass..
Confused? It shall pass
In pains? It shall pass
Jobless at this time? It shall pass
In debt? It shall pass
Single an searching? It shall pass
Sick? It shall Pass
Hoping for a breakthrough? It shall pass
Whatever the challenging situation is, it always passes away.
The prayer is that we should be alive to experience that which our greatest desires are.
Even Life too Passes.

Abi o...may God help us.

It will get to a point when all of this wont matter....nothing would matter....no one will give a hoot! Even all these trubalist warriors, ipod crooners,evening newspapers crooners, bangthemall coroners, I need money corners,I have money coroners,beautiful corners, etc wont matter then.

Wasnt it yesterday that we were 10yrs old? 20yrs crept in, 30yrs did, 40yrs would and so will 50 and above if God will. In another 20years....we all wont be interested in the things that set us on edge today. May God really bless our lives.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Made You Stronger? by meobizy(f): 1:28pm On Nov 01, 2021
What made me stronger was lifting weights. Without those I subsist on push-ups.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Made You Stronger? by Getdabag: 2:42pm On Nov 01, 2021
meobizy:
change your f to m
Re: What Made You Stronger? by Amanee(f): 10:24pm On Nov 01, 2021
Walking away from a five year relationship because I realized I deserved better wink

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Made You Stronger? by gfon(m): 6:07am On Nov 02, 2021
My erections...okay am kidding.Have been through alot man,from loosing my mum wen i was 5yrs,my dad loosing his job(toughest time of our lives),eating just pawpaw for days...doing menial jobs.Ventured into gambling just to make things better,ended getting worse and a shadow of myself,lost some good money & respect(i ain't into that anymore).I see myself as gold though,cause have passed through fire.I keep wondering how people take their lives when faced with challenges,if you faced half of wat i went through,you gonna die seven times.Everyone has their baggages,but how you gonna nip your's in the bud is what matters.

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Stronger? by Opeyemiextra(f): 9:27am On Nov 02, 2021
The things I have and still experiencing in life are best left unspoken. But, each day I survive.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Stronger? by FaithELEFAN(f): 9:41am On Nov 02, 2021
Perhaps it's the masquerades that keep chasing me in my dreams.

Now I have learnt to fight back with both feet in the air

1 Like

Re: What Made You Stronger? by illicit(m): 4:18pm On Nov 02, 2021
gfon:
My erections...okay am kidding.Have been through alot man,from loosing my mum wen i was 5yrs,my dad loosing his job(toughest time of our lives),eating just pawpaw for days...doing menial jobs.Ventured into gambling just to make things better,ended getting worse and a shadow of myself,lost some good money & respect(i ain't into that anymore).I see myself as gold though,cause have passed through fire.I keep wondering how people take their lives when faced with challenges,if you faced half of wat i went through,you gonna die seven times.Everyone has their baggages,but how you gonna nip your's in the bud is what matters.

Thumbs up
Re: What Made You Stronger? by illicit(m): 4:18pm On Nov 02, 2021
FaithELEFAN:
Perhaps it's the masquerades that keep chasing me in my dreams.

Now I have learnt to fight back with both feet in the air

Lol how will u fight with ur feet in the air
Re: What Made You Stronger? by prettyem(f): 4:21pm On Nov 02, 2021
'No'

The number of NO's I've gotten made me stronger...

I'll be back

1 Like

Re: What Made You Stronger? by muheeb01(m): 5:08pm On Nov 02, 2021
gfon:
well done it is well
Re: What Made You Stronger? by muheeb01(m): 5:09pm On Nov 02, 2021
Life experiences generally,it is well,there always light at the end of the tunnel

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Stronger? by muheeb01(m): 5:10pm On Nov 02, 2021
Never Give Up

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Stronger? by illicit(m): 6:06am On Nov 03, 2021
meobizy:

That's great, it's good to keep fit

1 Like

Re: What Made You Stronger? by Sonnobax15(m): 8:34am On Nov 03, 2021
lipsrsealed
Just realized that none of my wealthy friend is indebted to me cool. And guyman gat to hustle hard if not, he no go get single respect at all undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Stronger? by shaybebaby(f): 9:23am On Nov 03, 2021
Letting of the word " should" and embracing what "is".
Letting go of expectations and appreciating whatever I have. It's not little, it's not a lot, it just IS.
Having my son taught me this. He wasn't the child I thought I would have, yet I had to learn to love and accept what I got. To do that, I had to learn all of what I mentioned above. To do my best in the moment, to accept that my best IS good enough in that moment. To not dwell on the past or future but in the moment. And to not have expectations.
These lessons shaped not only my parenting but my perspective on life.

He is going to be 10 in two weeks and he amazes me everyday. He is who he is, I am who I am and we both grow everyday.

Being his mum has made me a better person and I am thankful that he is mine. Sooo much that if ever given the choice to choose a child, in another lifetime, I would choose him all over again.

He is all that is good about me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Stronger? by Newusername(m): 9:36am On Nov 03, 2021
Hmm...alot.
But when I realized say nobody go help me even my papa wey say e go sponsor my school later fall hand, I no need any prophet/prophetess to tell me I gaz stand up, be stronger and find my path in life.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Stronger? by wordapostle(m): 9:47am On Nov 03, 2021
As the last in my family I got to watch my own back when I had a called to ministry and it pleases God it had to be in Nigeria, that's how 4 of my siblings living in different countries deserted me and told me to my face to go to Nigeria and suffer.

They pushed me away from family joint business and literally disowned me that's including my own biological mother, she told me I want to bring shame to the family Chai if only they know better.

I came back sold few things I own started life here. During my wedding non of them came back. I suffered Kia... I remember how I went to Abu mbaisi after the program they told me God bless you Pastor, your reward is in heaven. I begged them for small money but no they said. I had to trek back to umuahia.

Years later I started selling electronics from my parlor through mini importation from there I learnt crytocurrency and Forex, since then I now help them with some money when they ask.

I learnt how to trust God because anybody can fail.
Re: What Made You Stronger? by illicit(m): 3:15pm On Nov 03, 2021
shaybebaby:
Letting go of expectations and appreciating whatever I have. It's not little, it's not a lot, it just IS.
Having my son taught me this. He wasn't the child I thought I would have, yet I had to learn to love and accept what I got. To do that, I had to learn all of what I mentioned above. To do my best in the moment, to accept that my best IS good enough in that moment. To not dwell on the past or future but in the moment. And to not have expectations.

He is going to be 10 in two weeks and he amazes me everyday. He is who he is, I am who I am and we both grow everyday.

Being his mum has made me a better person and I am thankful that he is mine. Sooo much that if ever given the choice to choose a child, in another lifetime, I would choose him all over again.

Wow this deep

My regards to your son

1 Like

Re: What Made You Stronger? by illicit(m): 3:16pm On Nov 03, 2021
Newusername:
Hmm...alot.
But when I realized say nobody go help me even my papa wey say e go sponsor my school later fall hand, I no need any prophet/prophetess to tell me I gaz stand up, be stronger and find my path in life.

U got to stand up o

At a point, in 300 level, I almost drop out

Some friends encouraged me not to
Re: What Made You Stronger? by illicit(m): 3:17pm On Nov 03, 2021
wordapostle:
As the last in my family I got to watch my own back when I had a called to ministry and it pleases God it had to be in Nigeria, that's how 4 of my siblings living in different countries deserted me and told me to my face to go to Nigeria and suffer.

They pushed me away from family joint business and literally disowned me that's including my own biological mother, she told me I want to bring shame to the family Chai if only they know better.

I came back sold few things I own started life here. During my wedding non of them came back. I suffered Kia... I remember how I went to Abu mbaisi after the program they told me God bless you Pastor, your reward is in heaven. I begged them for small money but no they said. I had to trek back to umuahia.

Years later I started selling electronics from my parlor through mini importation from there I learnt crytocurrency and Forex, since then I now help them with some money when they ask.

I learnt how to trust God because anybody can fail.

Hmmmm this is deep

Do you mean God called u to suffer all that
Re: What Made You Stronger? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 03, 2021
Nairaland made me stronger

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Stronger? by Mariangeles(f): 3:24pm On Nov 03, 2021
shaybebaby:

Inspiring.

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Stronger? by Mariangeles(f): 3:26pm On Nov 03, 2021
Iyaebe:
Nairaland made me stronger

I don't doubt it one bit. cheesy
The way you shake tables on here is next to none. cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aspiring couples, family thread>>2022 / Happy Married Life To Me / Wife of 6 Months Crippled by An Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.