Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Messi's Ligue 1 Goal Drought Continues: No Goal In Five Games - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi's Ligue 1 Goal Drought Continues: No Goal In Five Games (11363 Views)

Chukwueze Ends 17-Game La Liga Goal Drought With Brace In Villarreal Win / Messi Has No Goal In El Clasico Since Ronaldo Left Real Madrid In 2018 / Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi's Ligue 1 Goal Drought Continues: No Goal In Five Games by Lamasta(m): 8:40am On Nov 01, 2021
Messi ma nigga wetin dey happen na grin

Re: Messi's Ligue 1 Goal Drought Continues: No Goal In Five Games by Bahamas95(m): 8:42am On Nov 01, 2021
Maybe he made a mistake joining PSG grin

Manchester City would have been a better option.

1 Like

Re: Messi's Ligue 1 Goal Drought Continues: No Goal In Five Games by Paradigms: 8:43am On Nov 01, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Manchester United 0 vs 5 Liverpool

Ronaldo scored no goal.

Ronaldo’s impact in the game against Liverpool was the same as Lionel Messi’s impacts in PSG league matches for the season so far.

I leave the thread in piece with no table leg broken
Bunkum

1 Like

Re: Messi's Ligue 1 Goal Drought Continues: No Goal In Five Games by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 01, 2021
Ibrahim1810t:
Good
scammer
Re: Messi's Ligue 1 Goal Drought Continues: No Goal In Five Games by lkillbrokehoes: 8:46am On Nov 01, 2021
FalseProphet1:
[s]I prophesied when Messi joined Barca that newly that he won't score up to 20 goals in all competition this season, so many of Messi sympathizers came for my head, now reality has done on them, and it's obvious that their hero might not even see 15 goals sef.

I see PSG offloading Messi at the end of the season, cos they can't bear the cost of maintaining him without winning any trophies.

This I have seen.[/s]
Re: Messi's Ligue 1 Goal Drought Continues: No Goal In Five Games by Fedrick100: 8:47am On Nov 01, 2021
As far as Messi have 3goals in Ucl I don’t have any problem with that,he’ll still score another goal tomorrow
Re: Messi's Ligue 1 Goal Drought Continues: No Goal In Five Games by Nobody: 8:55am On Nov 01, 2021
I Believe Messi is Adapting To the Playing Style of PSG and the Style of The French league. But the Question is for how long .
Re: Messi's Ligue 1 Goal Drought Continues: No Goal In Five Games by Mykel51(m): 9:07am On Nov 01, 2021
As I always say, he is a fraudster... grin

1 Like

Re: Messi's Ligue 1 Goal Drought Continues: No Goal In Five Games by holuwajobar(m): 9:14am On Nov 01, 2021
Iliveforever:
Op tell us, how many bar post did he hit?
hitting bar post is now 3 points ....Messi fans are so dumb ehn .... We are talking of scoring a goal, you are keeping stats on hitting bar post..... Like who even keep stats on hitting bar post? Are people so daft like this ?

Bar post ?? Like bar post ? This is the funniest comment I have seen in a long while.....

Bar post ? Lol...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi's Ligue 1 Goal Drought Continues: No Goal In Five Games by bergs2: 9:24am On Nov 01, 2021
TheKingIsHere:
Make e no be like say we do ojoro

Like for messi, share for Ronaldo

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Messi's Ligue 1 Goal Drought Continues: No Goal In Five Games by ddippset(m): 9:33am On Nov 01, 2021
othermen:
Messi needs a Xavi or an Iniesta to actually get desired results.

Yes, he is perhaps the best player to have ever graced the game, but Messi is not so much on his own a great winner or a facilitator of victory.

He would probably replicate his performance with the Argentina national team, which is spectacular, he led argentina to the world cup final, won the biggest regional tournaments, but Messi could have always done so, had it been he had a peak Xavi or Iniesta behind him...

Messi has many brilliants moments, but less occasionally fruitful moments. I believe he would still thrill us and score beautiful goals, but we may never see the fruitful Messi of the Xavi and Iniesta era. Neymar may be on his side, but even in Barcelona with the array of talents, Messi's struggle to be fruitful at the most important games were evident.

Ronaldo, however has many fruitful moments than he has brilliants moments. From Portugal to Man Utd to juventus to Real Madrid; he has yet shined and has not had his career trajectory depending on some exact players.

Someday, I wish they take two of the Ballon d'or Messi won, and give one each to Xavi and Iniesta.
Someday I wish they take three of the Ballon dors Ronaldo won, and give them to Ribery, Neuer and Messi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi's Ligue 1 Goal Drought Continues: No Goal In Five Games by Polynek(m): 9:34am On Nov 01, 2021
Make una leave my man abeg
Re: Messi's Ligue 1 Goal Drought Continues: No Goal In Five Games by uncleck: 9:35am On Nov 01, 2021
Amotolongbo:
How long shall one continue to wait for the “Ashawo” who is always doing daily menstruation?
As long as we live
Re: Messi's Ligue 1 Goal Drought Continues: No Goal In Five Games by ddippset(m): 9:38am On Nov 01, 2021
The date is October 2020.

Messi hadn't scored from open play. He was struggling with a very poor Barca side and the haters and doubters were happily chanting that he was finished.

September 2021.
After failing to score in the first 2 months he still win the La Liga Golden boot.
He went to Brazil and won Copa America at the Maracana.
A player who was finished won the Golden golden boot and the golden ball.

October 2021 he is the number one favourite for ballon dor 2021.

This is a finished Messi.!!!

These iidiots never learn not to doubt Messi.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi's Ligue 1 Goal Drought Continues: No Goal In Five Games by FahBuLous: 9:39am On Nov 01, 2021
My own is "When he starts banging in goals left right and center, I hope the Ronaldo ass licking OP will still be posting about it...
I trust Messi, he will soon shut u guys up...
Watch and see... grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi's Ligue 1 Goal Drought Continues: No Goal In Five Games by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 01, 2021
obembet:

I don't know why Messi's worshippers can't accept the fact that he's not good as before. He's declining because of new environment n age. But rather,they find all kinds of lyme excuses to make him look better.Messi is not a striker he's a play maker blah blah blah... Is play maker a new Position in the field that has been created by his fans,cuz all I know is there are four positions which are goalkeepers, defenders (center back n fall back), Midfielders (defensive n offensive), Fawarder (strikers n winkers). For all I know n all sensible people,Messi is n has always been a Fawarder by profession. He either play as a winger or striker, if he drops into the midfield it's because he want to, but that's not his position. He has never been classified as Midfielders on any lineup that Fifa post or even by his managers, his main objective on the team is to score, people should play for him to score n he's not seeing that on PSG like Barca cuz there are so many superstars so he sometimes drops into the midfield n come back up as a compliment. Messi will never be the same player that was on Barca. He spent his entire life there n wasn't expecting to play for no other team than Barca. He was a god in Spain, but in Paris Mbappe and Newmar rules. That just the plain and bitter truth.

Lalasticlala
Wow! Your English language needs to be reworked, seriously.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi's Ligue 1 Goal Drought Continues: No Goal In Five Games by Donpaper: 10:23am On Nov 01, 2021
Amotolongbo:

Ronaldo scored no goal.

Ronaldo’s impact in the game against Liverpool was the same as Lionel Messi’s impacts in PSG league matches for the season so far.

You are talking nonsense. Didn't he score a goal that was disqualified? Didn't Liverpool Struggled with Brighton? Didn't he score against Totentham or Totentham wa kere ninu aye ni?
Re: Messi's Ligue 1 Goal Drought Continues: No Goal In Five Games by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 10:26am On Nov 01, 2021
Amotolongbo:

Ronaldo scored no goal.

Ode, using one game to judge a whole league failure
Re: Messi's Ligue 1 Goal Drought Continues: No Goal In Five Games by Chochovini: 10:28am On Nov 01, 2021
Amotolongbo:

Ronaldo scored no goal.

. You lied. Ronaldo scored a clean goal but then, one useless thing called VAR disqualified it and claimed it was offside. In messi‘s case, not even a shot on target from him let alone an offside goal and you are comparing.
I am a Chelsea fan mind you.

2 Likes

Re: Messi's Ligue 1 Goal Drought Continues: No Goal In Five Games by Chochovini: 10:32am On Nov 01, 2021
uncleck:
I'm a Messi fan. I will continue to be patient with him till he fully adjusts to the new environment. Ashawo that has been in the business for years is not same as ashawo that just join the business.
. Lame excuses.

1 Like

Re: Messi's Ligue 1 Goal Drought Continues: No Goal In Five Games by cr7lomo: 10:41am On Nov 01, 2021
U knew he would flop as his performance in la liga wasn't replicated in the champions league. If u wanna know a person that will do well in different leagues, he will be consistent in the champions league and messi hasn't in the champions league. Messi became recognised due to the effect of the Spanish national team between 2008 to 2012, thats when he lit football and won 4 straight balon d'or and thats when the Spanish national team won 2 European cups and the world cup, while he and the Argentine national team were struggling at the same period . The moment the Spanish national team started to decline, Messi and barca started to decline in the champions league. Iniesta, xavi , busquet, puyol , pique , villa were in their prime with national team and club. They added suarez and Neymar and with Dani Alves, they managed to get one more . Villa , puyol retired , xavi and iniesta grew old and retired , dani Alves left and messi then relied on the Spanish league to perform , but struggled in the champions league. Joining PSG just exposed him . The reason why I always maintained that Ronaldo was better was because his Manchester United days, and then even going better with real madrid and made Portugal a world class team with average players and even winning the Euros with them . I just don't understand how a right thinking person will say messi is better . Records and facts show that Ronaldo is better , but messi fans wanna use a sentimental award to claim that Messi is the greatest while the records are showing that Ronaldo is the better one . I just don't get it. How a player uses his attributes to win games should determine who is better or best. A player that uses his positioning attributes to win games should be better that the one thats a good dribbler, but don't win much games with that attribute.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi's Ligue 1 Goal Drought Continues: No Goal In Five Games by cr7lomo: 10:49am On Nov 01, 2021
ThierryJay:
He's still adapting to the French league and injuries and the South American qualifiers schedule have been disrupting this process. The most important part is that he has been prolific in the UCL which is a much bigger stage than the French league. So take a chill pill Obembedi and her likes.

So u are making excuses, and by the way he hasn't been any prolific in the champions league. Mbappe is the reason they are not bottom of the group. Out of the 6 goals PSG has scored in the champions league, Mbappe has been involved in 5 , 3 assists, one goal and a penalty won. Messi has a tap in and penalty and hasn't played to expectation in the champions league.

1 Like

Re: Messi's Ligue 1 Goal Drought Continues: No Goal In Five Games by maestro299: 10:58am On Nov 01, 2021
obembet:

I don't know why Messi's worshippers can't accept the fact that he's not good as before. He's declining because of new environment n age. But rather,they find all kinds of lyme excuses to make him look better.Messi is not a striker he's a play maker blah blah blah... Is play maker a new Position in the field that has been created by his fans,cuz all I know is there are four positions which are goalkeepers, defenders (center back n fall back), Midfielders (defensive n offensive), Fawarder (strikers n winkers). For all I know n all sensible people,Messi is n has always been a Fawarder by profession. He either play as a winger or striker, if he drops into the midfield it's because he want to, but that's not his position. He has never been classified as Midfielders on any lineup that Fifa post or even by his managers, his main objective on the team is to score, people should play for him to score n he's not seeing that on PSG like Barca cuz there are so many superstars so he sometimes drops into the midfield n come back up as a compliment. Messi will never be the same player that was on Barca. He spent his entire life there n wasn't expecting to play for no other team than Barca. He was a god in Spain, but in Paris Mbappe and Newmar rules. That just the plain and bitter truth.

Lalasticlala
Obembet, it's like you typed this in the grip of orgasm. Which one be 'winkers', 'fawarder', 'lyme' biko? Who be 'Newmar' for PSG ni tori Olohun? Is your hatred for Messi making you this discombobulated or was your congo being shined when you sent this?

1 Like

Re: Messi's Ligue 1 Goal Drought Continues: No Goal In Five Games by udemzyudex(m): 11:00am On Nov 01, 2021
Let them sack that mumu coach he knows nothing.
Re: Messi's Ligue 1 Goal Drought Continues: No Goal In Five Games by Maximus85(m): 11:03am On Nov 01, 2021
yanabasee2:
This was the idea... to see if he can excel outside Barcelona.... but he really can't.... He shouldn't be a GOAT after all....

CR7 have proven himself to be a better player in any given club......

10000%
Re: Messi's Ligue 1 Goal Drought Continues: No Goal In Five Games by Maximus85(m): 11:04am On Nov 01, 2021
obembet:

Lalasticlala

You dey mind dem?
Re: Messi's Ligue 1 Goal Drought Continues: No Goal In Five Games by ThierryJay: 11:09am On Nov 01, 2021
cr7lomo:

So u are making excuses, and by the way he hasn't been any prolific in the champions league. Mbappe is the reason they are not bottom of the group. Out of the 6 goals PSG has scored in the champions league, Mbappe has been involved in 5 , 3 assists, one goal and a penalty won. Messi has a tap in and penalty and hasn't played to expectation in the champions league.

3 goals in 3 games is prolific for anybody no matter how you look at it. And the 3 goals are: a wonder goal against a top opponent, a stylish penalty and a tap in as you call it. Yes Mbappe has been crucial but that does not mean Messi should not be appreciated for making the best out of Mbappe's assists. Summary is that both Messi and Mbappe have been excellent in the UCL which is what really matters for PSG.
Re: Messi's Ligue 1 Goal Drought Continues: No Goal In Five Games by Adakintroy: 11:48am On Nov 01, 2021
5games no go in a career span is seen as a drought. Legend this Ronaldo and Messi. Their consistency makes us almost unturn our d fimiyion of "drought"
Re: Messi's Ligue 1 Goal Drought Continues: No Goal In Five Games by cr7lomo: 12:16pm On Nov 01, 2021
ThierryJay:

3 goals in 3 games is prolific for anybody no matter how you look at it. And the 3 goals are: a wonder goal against a top opponent, a stylish penalty and a tap in as you call it. Yes Mbappe has been crucial but that does not mean Messi should not be appreciated for making the best out of Mbappe's assists. Summary is that both Messi and Mbappe have been excellent in the UCL which is what really matters for PSG.

A penalty is a penalty, whether stylish or plainly . Out out messis last 8 goals in the champions league, 5 are penalties. I thought u messi fans always degraded Ronaldo for scoring penalties and also labeled his goals tap ins . This is why you all should never degrade a hard worker because that could come back to hunt you . Messi fans were the first set of fans to troll a player for some of the type of goals he scores , never has it happened in football. You messi fans started the insults because he was scoring lots of goals . Ronaldo fans never had an issue with messi , this hatred between both fans started when Ronaldo win the Euros. Messi fans kept on trolling him cause he had won something with country and when he matched the balon d'or 5.5 , you messi fans went gaga . I see no reason why fans should hate a player for executing his job . You messi fans celebrated modric winning the balon d'or, when clearly it was a pure nonsense. The media have always found a way to degrade Ronaldo. If Ronaldo was the one struggling to score in the EPL with No goals or Assists, u messi fans and the media will troll shege comot im body. Even when its glaring that the defense and the coaches tactics were the problems. You messu fans tried to pin Ronaldo as the problem and tried to exonerate solsjkaer as y'all claimed man united finished 2nd last season , but y'all didnt factor that Liverpool and Chelsea struggled last season Manchester had loads of penalties that favoured them. Real fans said solsjkaer should be sacked since last season and even said if they signed Ronaldo, Messi and Lewandowski, Manchester will still struggle. Now PSG that poch took to Champions league semi final and lost the league title to lille by one point in ligue 1 mainly due to mbappe missing 11 games due to injuries is now being blamed for messi not performing. Y'all are even calling for his sack despite topping his champions league group that also has man City and also topping ligue 1 with 6 points difference just cause messi is struggling to find his feet . PSG has only scored a penalty as goal in the 330 minutes messi has been on the pitch in ligue 1 and loads of goals when he isn't on the pitch and u blame the coach? Why do you messi fans love bringing other professionals down just to try to lift messi . You messi fans have brought down Ronaldo, Mbappe, Higuain, Lewandowski, suarez , griezmann , the Argentine national team, dembele past coaches and now poch ,when it does not go his way just to lift him up.why are u people like this

4 Likes

Re: Messi's Ligue 1 Goal Drought Continues: No Goal In Five Games by offiahvictor(m): 12:20pm On Nov 01, 2021
Amotolongbo:

Ronaldo scored no goal.

cry cry baby...CR7 is Messi's Father,any day any season any league.
Re: Messi's Ligue 1 Goal Drought Continues: No Goal In Five Games by cr7lomo: 12:22pm On Nov 01, 2021
udemzyudex:
Let them sack that mumu coach he knows nothing.

Sack a coach that is topping his champions league group with man city 2nd and leading ligue 1 with 6 points should be sacked because messi is not performing. How do you messi fans think ??
Re: Messi's Ligue 1 Goal Drought Continues: No Goal In Five Games by anonymous1759(m): 12:29pm On Nov 01, 2021
othermen:
Messi needs a Xavi or an Iniesta to actually get desired results.

Yes, he is perhaps the best player to have ever graced the game, but Messi is not so much on his own a great winner or a facilitator of victory.

He would probably replicate his performance with the Argentina national team, which is spectacular, he led argentina to the world cup final, won the biggest regional tournaments, but Messi could have always done so, had it been he had a peak Xavi or Iniesta behind him...

Messi has many brilliants moments, but less occasionally fruitful moments. I believe he would still thrill us and score beautiful goals, but we may never see the fruitful Messi of the Xavi and Iniesta era. Neymar may be on his side, but even in Barcelona with the array of talents, Messi's struggle to be fruitful at the most important games were evident.

Ronaldo, however has many fruitful moments than he has brilliants moments. From Portugal to Man Utd to juventus to Real Madrid; he has yet shined and has not had his career trajectory depending on some exact players.

Someday, I wish they take two of the Ballon d'or Messi won, and give one each to Xavi and Iniesta.

Stop spewing thrash . Who scored the winning goal for Portugal at the Euros? Two out of four champions league cup Ronaldo won at Madrid who were the key players on the big occasion?

First at Euros it was Eder, UCL it was Di Maria, Ramos and Bale. Cr7 wasn’t exceptional. on that day but took the glory.

Messi has scored winning goals in the UCL and you attribute everything to Xavi and iniesta because you hate Messi but fail to acknowledge Ronald’s team mate that help him like he’s a super man.
Messi has scored 3 goals In the UCL in 3 games. Of which you people know is more harder than The league but your stupidity and hatred don’t make you see that .
Messi can score hatrick at any given time and bounce Back. FYI Messi has excelled In Argentina from the beginning to the end without xavi and iniesta.
You guys are jealous Messi has two throphy is bag for PSG already wether you like it or not.
And it’ll be written In his CV that he achieved with more than one club which you guys has been using It to rob him.
Imagine criticizing someone who just played 5 games of which more than 25 games is still remaining does that make sense to you ? If you criticize him In the league you should praise him in the UCL for having a 100% record.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AFCON 2012 3rd Place: Ghana Vs Mali (0 - 2) On 11th February 2012 / Nigeria Drops Four Point In FIFA Rankings / Aubameyang Left Out Of Arsenal's Mid-Season Trip To Dubai, Left In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.