Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Release Kanu, Free IPOB Detainees - South-East Monarchs, Bishops Tell Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Release Kanu, Free IPOB Detainees - South-East Monarchs, Bishops Tell Buhari (14133 Views)

Why We Won’t Release Kanu, FG Tells Appeal Court / South East Monarchs, Workers, Congratulate Ugwuanyi On His Re-election / Osita Chidoka In Court For IPOB Detainees (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Release Kanu, Free IPOB Detainees - South-East Monarchs, Bishops Tell Buhari by bolaayenimo: 7:24am On Nov 01, 2021
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Ahead of the November 6 governorship election in Anambra state, prominent leaders in the South East region, led by the South-East Council of Traditional Rulers and Christian leaders have appealed to the Federal Government to release the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, to them in order to stop the orgy of killings and destruction in the region.

While also calling on the Federal Government to de-proscribe IPOB and release its members in detention, the leaders urged IPOB not to do anything that would hinder the smooth running of the election.

It also pleaded that all scheduled sit-at-home orders should be cancelled, as these have already caused untold hardship for our people.

In a joint statement on Sunday, the South-East Council of Traditional Rulers and representatives of Igbo Archbishops and Bishops asked the Federal Government to de-militarise the region.

While seeking audience with President Buhari on the issue, the leaders said the militarisation of the region had resulted in the killing of Igbo youths and burning of communities by soldiers.

The leaders stated that the heightened inequality and marginalisation of Ndigbo in the scheme of things in Nigeria under President Muhammadu Buhari’s government remained at the core of youth restiveness in the region.

They warned that until the Federal Government took deliberate steps to run a government on the basis of fairness, equity, justice and non-discrimination ‘this restiveness is likely to continue’.

The statement was signed by Chairman, South-East Traditional Rulers Council and Chairman, Ebonyi State Council, Igwe Charles Mkpuma; Chairmen of Traditional Rulers Council of Abia, Eze Joseph Nwabeke; Anambra, Obi Nnaemeka Achebe; Enugu, Amb Lawrence Agubuzu and Imo State, Eze E. C. Okeke.

Representatives of the Christian leaders that signed the statement are Most Rev. Anthony Obinna, Catholic Archbishop of Owerri; Most Rev. Emmanuel Chukwuma, Anglican Archbishop of Enugu; Most Rev. Chibuzo Opoko, Methodist Archbishop of Umuahia.

Others are Most Rev. Valerian Okeke, Catholic Archbishop of Onitsha; Most Rev. Uma Onwunta, past Principal Clerk, Presbyterian Church Nigeria; Bishop Obi Onubogu, Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria and Rev. Fr. Abraham Nwali, Chairman, CAN, South East Zone.

The statement said, “Flowing from similar initiatives taken to bring peace to other troubled parts of the country, we urge the Federal Government and other stakeholders to explore dialogue and negotiation in resolving critical issues that threaten national unity, cohesion and development.

“Accordingly, we refer to our earlier request for the release of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu to the South-East Council of Traditional Rulers and the Representatives of Igbo Archbishops and Bishops and restate this call even more strongly.

“We are of the firm belief that this act of courage and statesmanship is not only imperative but will speedily de-escalate the heightened state of insecurity and dislocation in the South-East zone.
“We also urge President Muhammadu Buhari (GCFR) and the Federal Government to take immediate steps to de-proscribe the Indigenous People of Biafra and release all IPOB members being held in various detention facilities in Nigeria.

“We assert that heightened inequality and marginalization remain at the core of youth restiveness in our region. We urge our apex National Leadership to note that until it takes deliberate steps to run government on the basis of fairness, equity, justice and non-discrimination, this restiveness is likely to continue”.
“We shall respectfully seek audience with Mr President to discuss these issues in exploring political solution and the release of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu”

“On our part, we assure our youths that we have heard their cries of marginalization, injustice and longsuffering. As concerned parents, we feel your pain. However, we urge you to de-escalate the tension and remain law-abiding to enable us to engage especially the Federal Government in finding a lasting solution to the crises”.

“Consistent with the above, we urge IPOB not to do anything that would hinder or be seen to be hindering the smooth running of the forthcoming Governorship Election in Anambra State and to cancel all scheduled sit-at-home orders, as these have already caused untold hardship for our people”.

“Finally, we call on all the candidates in the forthcoming Anambra State Governorship Election to eschew violence and commit to free, fair and credible election” .

https://independent.ng/release-kanu-to-us-free-ipob-detainees-seast-monarchs-religious-leaders-tell-buhari/

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Release Kanu, Free IPOB Detainees - South-East Monarchs, Bishops Tell Buhari by dynicks(m): 7:25am On Nov 01, 2021
Some peeps don't seem to know the kind of person buhari is....That man ain't listening to nobody on matters that concerns nnamdi kanu....For all he cares, southeast can burn!!..Quite unfortunate how ipob played into his gallery by having initially supported activities of the so called ESN/UGM(whether true or false they are made up of Indigenous men or not) which he buhari would now use as an excuse to execute his plan using his animals in the zone!!....IGBOS resident in this zone would be the ones that would suffer this epidemic on the long run if they don't sit up to kick against the activities of these so called ESN/UGM!!

Meanwhile , For those contesting for "first to comment positions",....as u all can see, this happens to be the prize for first commenters as SON OF MAN has come to redeem his!!...

All thanks to LALASTICALA and his goons!!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Release Kanu, Free IPOB Detainees - South-East Monarchs, Bishops Tell Buhari by hisexcellency34: 7:28am On Nov 01, 2021
If i am Buhari, i will listen to this wise counsel. The video of the shooting i saw in Anambra yesterday was shocking. The once peaceful Igboland is now a war theatre

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Release Kanu, Free IPOB Detainees - South-East Monarchs, Bishops Tell Buhari by JavaScript90: 7:29am On Nov 01, 2021
Lol I know mr President is deaf but he should do the right thing so that we can have peace
Hello, I am a fullstack web developer. I develop all types of website and apps. I major in developing complex custom website for businesses and startups. If you have an idea and need a competent programmer to translate your idea into codes, I am the right man for the job. Click my username to see my WhatsApp number on my profiling

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Release Kanu, Free IPOB Detainees - South-East Monarchs, Bishops Tell Buhari by HelloWriter: 7:30am On Nov 01, 2021
hisexcellency34:
If i am Buhari, i will listen to this wise counsel. The video of the shooting i saw in Anambra yesterday was shocking. The once peaceful Igboland is now a war theatre

That Nigerian Police video has been EXPOSED - It is fake. The Nigerian Police was acting a movie with the lives of Anambra people. Read this documentary where it was exposed beyond doubt https://www.nairaland.com/6829172/nigerian-police-acts-war-movie

They think that everyone in Nigeria is a fool.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Release Kanu, Free IPOB Detainees - South-East Monarchs, Bishops Tell Buhari by Pierocash(m): 7:33am On Nov 01, 2021
I was saying it when Kanu was arrested and all the South East Leaders kept mute. I said this is the biggest mistake the government will make by trying to keep in him in detention. This guys will cause so much unrest because they are now armed,they will cause unrest to the point that even the leaders will not sleep.

The first time they kept him locked up for over a year,everyone saw the restivness they caused even without arms then,you can imagine the damage they will cause this time around with arms . If the court just grants him bail,and FG refuses to release him like they did the first time, everybody in the south east including government personnels and ministries may smell hell

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Release Kanu, Free IPOB Detainees - South-East Monarchs, Bishops Tell Buhari by cherishmichael: 7:42am On Nov 01, 2021
Me i'm just confused in this country, may i no lie!!
Re: Release Kanu, Free IPOB Detainees - South-East Monarchs, Bishops Tell Buhari by AntiBMC(m): 7:43am On Nov 01, 2021
If they are expecting the plank to listen, then they are more ignorant than I thought.

Someone who releases thousands of bokoharam terrorists monthly, enlists them in the armed forces, and calls them repentant Bokoharam? Is that the person any sane southerner wants to reason with?

Southern leaders should pray, that by the time they shun greed and actually grow enough balls to demand for referendum, that it will not be too late.

22 Likes

Re: Release Kanu, Free IPOB Detainees - South-East Monarchs, Bishops Tell Buhari by Finnese001: 8:09am On Nov 01, 2021
Okay

1 Like

Re: Release Kanu, Free IPOB Detainees - South-East Monarchs, Bishops Tell Buhari by Tranquillity360: 8:18am On Nov 01, 2021
Nnamdi Kanu is our own.

God bless him.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Release Kanu, Free IPOB Detainees - South-East Monarchs, Bishops Tell Buhari by PIMPAR: 8:38am On Nov 01, 2021
Pierocash:
I was saying it when Kanu was arrested and all the South East Leaders kept mute. I said this is the biggest mistake the government will make by trying to keep in him in detention. This guys will cause so much unrest because they are now armed,they will cause unrest to the point that even the leaders will not sleep.

The first time they kept him locked up for over a year,everyone saw the restivness they caused even without arms then,you can imagine the damage they will cause this time around with arms . If the court just grants him bail,and FG refuses to release him like they did the first time, everybody in the south east including government personnels and ministries may smell hell
When actually will you stop this your chestbeating?

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Release Kanu, Free IPOB Detainees - South-East Monarchs, Bishops Tell Buhari by Pierocash(m): 8:56am On Nov 01, 2021
PIMPAR:

When actually will you stop this your chestbeating?
unless you are blind ,or just playing ostrich .

Everyonr is seeing what is going on in the south east right now and you call it chestbeat. When has causing unrest become a competition? Oponu

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Release Kanu, Free IPOB Detainees - South-East Monarchs, Bishops Tell Buhari by Dhury: 8:58am On Nov 01, 2021
Kanu bail conditions: 1 Bring back all the security forces , innocent Nigerian that kanu killed back alive .2 pay all government and individuals properties damaged by ESN, blood sucking demons, known as known gunmen's sponsoring by kanu.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Release Kanu, Free IPOB Detainees - South-East Monarchs, Bishops Tell Buhari by hisexcellency34: 9:59am On Nov 01, 2021
Who gave the bail conditions?
Dhury:
Kanu bail conditions: 1 Bring back all the security forces , innocent Nigerian that kanu killed back alive .2 pay all government and individuals properties damaged by ESN, blood sucking demons, known gunmen's sponsoring by kanu.

1 Like

Re: Release Kanu, Free IPOB Detainees - South-East Monarchs, Bishops Tell Buhari by mmanwuijele: 10:03am On Nov 01, 2021
Dhury:
Kanu bail conditions: 1 Bring back all the security forces , innocent Nigerian that kanu killed back alive .2 pay all government and individuals properties damaged by ESN, blood sucking demons, known gunmen's sponsoring by kanu.

Should I state what Fulanis and Buhari must do before they can escape the hell they'll face?

7 Likes

Re: Release Kanu, Free IPOB Detainees - South-East Monarchs, Bishops Tell Buhari by Tingotoe: 10:08am On Nov 01, 2021
hisexcellency34:
And whose fault is that?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Release Kanu, Free IPOB Detainees - South-East Monarchs, Bishops Tell Buhari by Tingotoe: 10:11am On Nov 01, 2021
Pierocash:

Oga IPOB dosen't have a fraction of the weaponry boko haram have and 10 years on they are still contained to the shores of the lake Chad and sambisa. Also IPOB don't have even 0.0001% of the resources and manpower available to the FG. He will not be released so do your worst

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Release Kanu, Free IPOB Detainees - South-East Monarchs, Bishops Tell Buhari by Blackfire(m): 10:14am On Nov 01, 2021
This people are not serious.. we are about declaring state of emergency there

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Release Kanu, Free IPOB Detainees - South-East Monarchs, Bishops Tell Buhari by Christistruth00: 11:31am On Nov 01, 2021
Lagos Is still busy repairing the destruction and mayhem Kanu and IPOB unleashed during Endsars

AUTHENTIC audio below are nnamdi kanu's orders to ipob on live Radio during endsars Protests

1hr 35Mins
Destroy every bridge and kill all Police

1hr 46 mins
burn down tinubu’s hotel

1 hr 42 min
Burn down Nitel building and all Govt buildings in lagos, burn down Muritala Mohammed Airport

1hr 39 min kanu orders ipob to Kill Army Officers and manufacture Weapons

1hr 47 min tinubu must go down

1hr 52 min
kanu Confirmed information that Cele and Orile police Stations In lagos are on fire and Is delighted

Orders ipob to use green white green and blood as the Nigerian flag.

Tells ipob to target tinubu and Sanwo Olu and their Children

1 hr 56 min
block every road kill Sabotuers

2hr.00 min
Destroy everything holding the Economy of Nigeria. Burn all pipelines

2.hr09 min
Kill the Army in Lekki [/b]Claims 15 people were killed in Lekki.,Set Dangote Trucks on Fire.

2.hr 15 min
[b] Burn down Every Federal Govt Building attack Police.

2hr 18 mins
Describes again how to make Molotov Cocktail bombs

2hr20min kanu asks where are the ipob People with Double barrel guns in Abuja?

2 hr 22 min
ipob will make an example of Ikpeazu and Sanwo Olu all tinubu’s nvestments should be destroyed

2hr 24min build bombs and lay them by the roadside

2 hr 32 min kill any Governor that declares Curfew

2hr 56min
kanu says tinubu’s hotel is on fire on his orders

3 hr 09 mins

burn everything tinubu owns and Dangote Trucks the war has started

Every Police Station must go down
destroy all Federal Government Property burn down Lekki Toll Gate destroy Dangote refinery burn every Pastors Church that supports one Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktk4uXmlOLs

25 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Release Kanu, Free IPOB Detainees - South-East Monarchs, Bishops Tell Buhari by baralatie(m): 11:41am On Nov 01, 2021
dynicks:
Some peeps don't seem to know the kind of person buhari is....That man ain't listening to nobody on matters that concerns nnamdi kanu....For all he cares, southeast can burn!!..Quite unfortunate how ipob played into his gallery by having initially supported activities of the so called ESN/UGM(whether true or false they are made up of Indigenous men or not) which he buhari would now use as an excuse to execute his plan using his animals in the zone!!....IGBOS resident in this zone would be the ones that would suffer this epidemic on the long run if they don't sit up to kick against the activities of these so called ESN/UGM!!

Meanwhile , For those contesting for "first to comment positions",....as u all can see, this happens to be the prize for first commenters as av come to redeem mine!!...

All thanks to LALASTICALA and his goons!!
Re: Release Kanu, Free IPOB Detainees - South-East Monarchs, Bishops Tell Buhari by Coldie(m): 11:47am On Nov 01, 2021
U people said he did nothing that Buhari should bring him to court why they don’t u people want the court to decide?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Release Kanu, Free IPOB Detainees - South-East Monarchs, Bishops Tell Buhari by Bobotic(m): 11:47am On Nov 01, 2021
But what's good about locking him up while people are still dying everyday in Nigeria? Mr President lead us well cry

2 Likes

Re: Release Kanu, Free IPOB Detainees - South-East Monarchs, Bishops Tell Buhari by Grace001: 11:47am On Nov 01, 2021
Bubu get ear infection he can’t hear.

So South East monarchs are sitting on a long thing

2 Likes

Re: Release Kanu, Free IPOB Detainees - South-East Monarchs, Bishops Tell Buhari by helinues: 11:47am On Nov 01, 2021
undecided

Seh the Bishop no sabi roads to the respective cells where those people are locked up and free them?

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Release Kanu, Free IPOB Detainees - South-East Monarchs, Bishops Tell Buhari by Firpoda: 11:47am On Nov 01, 2021
We know Buhari is a stubborn goat

He won't listen
Re: Release Kanu, Free IPOB Detainees - South-East Monarchs, Bishops Tell Buhari by playapayaski: 11:48am On Nov 01, 2021
Na now day break?
Re: Release Kanu, Free IPOB Detainees - South-East Monarchs, Bishops Tell Buhari by mbahdi(m): 11:48am On Nov 01, 2021
Allahu kubaru

1 Like

Re: Release Kanu, Free IPOB Detainees - South-East Monarchs, Bishops Tell Buhari by wakaman: 11:48am On Nov 01, 2021
grin
Yamrees young and old.

Them sense be like 3 days old chicken brain.

No sense.

Release ko! Cum ni!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Release Kanu, Free IPOB Detainees - South-East Monarchs, Bishops Tell Buhari by Mossadd: 11:48am On Nov 01, 2021
If buhari do that make I bend,first buhari have no say in this matter because malami is the real president you suppose to be begging not buhari and I dont think malami will risk causing world war 3 just to get kanu arrested/kidnapped and just released him like that.ipob are not hurting buhari or malami with their sit at home as a matter of fact,malami and his aboki are enjoying igbo destroying their own people business with their sit at home so malami is not affected in anyway.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Akeredolu Receives Certificate Of Return From INEC(Pics / Atiku Can Be President Without Going To The United States – Tony Momoh / NDDC Procured Rotten Food Items With N6.2bn –PDC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.