Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,187 members, 7,829,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Army Hands Over Arrested TASUED Students To EFCC, Students Union Kicks - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Hands Over Arrested TASUED Students To EFCC, Students Union Kicks (21961 Views)

Army Hands Over 3 Rescued Chibok School Girls, 4 Other Children To Borno Govt / "Why Is Hisbah Disgracing Islam?"-Aisha Yesufu Fumes Over Arrested Barber / Army Hands Over 151 Repentant Boko Haram Insurgents To Borno Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Hands Over Arrested TASUED Students To EFCC, Students Union Kicks by olajide454(m): 7:19pm On Nov 01, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
shocked

This country is tiring and confusing I swear down.

An agbero will do the work of Police.

Police will do the work of FRSC.

FRSC will do the work of VIO

VIO will do the work of Police and FRSC.

Police will still come back and do the work of EFCC.

EFCC will now do the work of DSS.

DSS will do the work of Police.

Police will still come back again and start doing the work of armed robbers.

Army will just wake in the morning, leave their barracks, leave insecurity they ought to be fighting and start doing the work of Police, EFCC, DSS, LASTMA, Immigration, Armed Robbers, Boys Brigade, Man 'O' War, Agbero etc.

God na for your hand we dey oh

You forgot to add Cadet, ICPC, Agbekoya, Amotekun, OPC, Bakassi, etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Hands Over Arrested TASUED Students To EFCC, Students Union Kicks by space9880: 9:49pm On Nov 01, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
shocked

This country is tiring and confusing I swear down.

An agbero will do the work of Police.

Police will do the work of FRSC.

FRSC will do the work of VIO

VIO will do the work of Police and FRSC.

Police will still come back and do the work of EFCC.

EFCC will now do the work of DSS.

DSS will do the work of Police.

Police will still come back again and start doing the work of armed robbers.

Army will just wake in the morning, leave their barracks, leave insecurity they ought to be fighting and start doing the work of Police, EFCC, DSS, LASTMA, Immigration, Armed Robbers, Boys Brigade, Man 'O' War, Agbero etc.

God na for your hand we dey oh
Paste your aza and bank
Re: Army Hands Over Arrested TASUED Students To EFCC, Students Union Kicks by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:54pm On Nov 01, 2021
space9880:

Paste your aza and bank
0040309364. Union Bank
Re: Army Hands Over Arrested TASUED Students To EFCC, Students Union Kicks by flexshop(m): 7:39am On Nov 04, 2021
Cognitivereason:
DAT not true oga...
No security personnel needs a warrant to arrest a criminal especially when caught suddenly...

So in ur mind now...if a soilder discover yahoo plus guys or kidnapper while conducting checks...they should rush to their office get warrant b4 dey do the needful ..right

A soldier has no business in the first place interacting with civilians
Our useless system has so warped our minds that we forget the fundamentals of a decent society
A soldier has no business with civilians I repeat
The army is only called in to fight against internal threats to national security
It should have no business going to a university to look for yahoo boys
Re: Army Hands Over Arrested TASUED Students To EFCC, Students Union Kicks by flexshop(m): 7:42am On Nov 04, 2021
Commentor:

In the UK, a soldier can detain you until such time the proper authorities intervene.

So what sane society are you referring to?

Funny but this is so untrue
I have a relative in the military in the Uk sir
Sometime two years ago or so (during a knife attack) they were drafted to London when there was a suspected terrorist attack to aid the police, he told me of how their squad fully armed with guns picked up the phone and called the police to report an ongoing burglary
It was the police that came to arrest the situation
I repeat our foolish system has warped our minds
Re: Army Hands Over Arrested TASUED Students To EFCC, Students Union Kicks by Commentor: 7:51am On Nov 04, 2021
flexshop:

Funny but this is so untrue
I have a relative in the military in the Uk sir
Sometime two years ago or so (during a knife attack) they were drafted to London when there was a suspected terrorist attack to aid the police, he told me of how their squad fully armed with guns picked up the phone and called the police to report an ongoing burglary
It was the police that came to arrest the situation
I repeat our foolish system has warped our minds

And you have the effontry to post this?

Just say what you know:

In the UK any military personnel can “detain” anyone committing or suspected of committing a crime. I forget the exact wording but it is something like “I am detaining you on suspicion of committing a criminal offence but you are not under arrest. You will be held until such time as the proper authorities arrive”.
Re: Army Hands Over Arrested TASUED Students To EFCC, Students Union Kicks by flexshop(m): 9:55am On Nov 04, 2021
Commentor:

And you have the effontry to post this?

Just say what you know:

In the UK any military personnel can “detain” anyone committing or suspected of committing a crime. I forget the exact wording but it is something like “I am detaining you on suspicion of committing a criminal offence but you are not under arrest. You will be held until such time as the proper authorities arrive”.

Oga say what you know
You are conflating two laws
One is citizens arrest (which can be done by anyone) and the second,arrest of a civilian in a military installation

In both cases the military has no right to detain a civilian outside a military installation

You can read up the below for your further information:
32 CFR § 637.10 - Authority to apprehend or detain.

MPI and DAC detectives/investigators have authority to make apprehensions in accordance with Article 7, Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ); Rule for Courts-Martial 302 (b)(1), Manual for Courts-Martial, United States 2002 (Revised Edition). They may detain personnel for identification and remand custody of persons to appropriate civil or military authority as necessary. Civilians committing offenses on U.S. Army installations may be detained until they can be released to the appropriate Federal, state, or local law enforcement agency.
Re: Army Hands Over Arrested TASUED Students To EFCC, Students Union Kicks by Commentor: 10:50am On Nov 04, 2021
flexshop:

Oga say what you know
You are conflating two laws
One is citizens arrest (which can be done by anyone) and the second,arrest of a civilian in a military installation

In both cases the military has no right to detain a civilian outside a military installation

You can read up the below for your further information:
32 CFR § 637.10 - Authority to apprehend or detain.

MPI and DAC detectives/investigators have authority to make apprehensions in accordance with Article 7, Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ); Rule for Courts-Martial 302 (b)(1), Manual for Courts-Martial, United States 2002 (Revised Edition). They may detain personnel for identification and remand custody of persons to appropriate civil or military authority as necessary. Civilians committing offenses on U.S. Army installations may be detained until they can be released to the appropriate Federal, state, or local law enforcement agency.

You are talking about US while I'm talking about UK.

The point is "sane climes" allow for detention when a crime is being seen to be committed, whereby "release" is done when the appropriate authority on such matters take charge.

Twist it anyway you like, it is permissible.
Re: Army Hands Over Arrested TASUED Students To EFCC, Students Union Kicks by Cognitivereason: 4:35pm On Nov 04, 2021
The army never went into the school to look for yahoo boys....the boys were arrested on a checkpoint more less or on the road..b4 the SUG president was called to intervene....military checkpoint are not abnormal it exist in every developed and developing country... Don't always use the US as a benchmark for every case...
Lastly I still stand on the fact that any security agent ...military inclusive can arrest any suspect of a crime and handover to the right authorities... It has nothing to do with civilian or not...

It will not make sense if a military personnel encountered a smuggler or drug trafficker and let him go simply because he isn't a custom officer or NDLEA guy....
Use ur number 6....if u were to be a victim of a crime and the criminal was caught by the army... Will it sound sane if they let him leave because it not their business or cuz they have no warrant?...
flexshop:

A soldier has no business in the first place interacting with civilians
Our useless system has so warped our minds that we forget the fundamentals of a decent society
A soldier has no business with civilians I repeat
The army is only called in to fight against internal threats to national security
It should have no business going to a university to look for yahoo boys

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okada-Man Flings Himself In Front Of Oncoming Trailer Over Seizure Of Bike / Waziri Replaces Hamman Tukur As TCN Chairman / The Dilapidated State Of Sango rd. Lagos-abeokuta Expressway(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.