Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,792 members, 7,810,060 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:45 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1042370 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (629) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by AbakeTT: 7:40pm On Apr 18, 2022
GraciousWords:

Congrats!!! #AOR2019 #SpecialPeople cheesy
Indeed we are. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lotusgoddess(f): 8:24pm On Apr 18, 2022
Itzlinda:

I will turned 29 this may and I dont have an msc.
what additional degree can I get please within 3 months please.
Thanks

You can check for those short courses on the front page. You could try any out and get points for two or more degrees or certificate. What's your current CRS score?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 6:59am On Apr 19, 2022
Motiranugba:
Hello Everyone,

I have an HND and Bsc , My ielts results L 7.5, R 7.5, W 7.5, S 7.5 . i have over four years experience as an Executive administrator , 30 years of age and i just checked my crs score its 405 , can this fly for canada express entry . Also my score was higer than this in January , i wonder what changed .
Please go rewrite your IELTS, a score of L-8.5, R-8.0, W-7.5, S-7.5 will put you on a 469. I can’t believe you thought your IELTS score were sufficient to hold you. If your occupation is in demand in a province like Alberta who picks from the pool, you will be selected when they resume, Ontario will not look at your side with the CRS score you have but Alberta will, however if your NOC is not in demand in Alberta and you are waiting for EE draw, you may not smell ITA with that score. There are people with CRS above 500 in the pool. You need to work on improving your IELTS scores. Don’t be too comfortable with those scores if you want this to work.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Mstomie: 8:18am On Apr 19, 2022
Landing gist
Abuja- Heathrow- Toronto - Ottawa
Left with BA on the 17th April, family of 3. Check in went smoothly- we had 5 check in bags, 2 hand luggage, 1 diaper bag and a travel system stroller combo. My advice it’s best to check in every single bag that you can , BA will check in your hand luggage for free so it’s something to consider ��‍♀️.

Abuja-Heathrow leg was smooth, we left about 20-30mins late but still left us with enough time to meet the connecting flight to Toronto. The food was ‘meh’ in my opinion but I’ll advise that you take the mail English breakfast option because the other meal option looked like � to me.

Got to Heathrow and after about an hour wait we boarded to Toronto (this flight felt super long to me) but 7 hours after we entered our new country ��.

Went to immigration where we had to first do the self service passport scanning for declaration of items- cash value you’re coming in with, if you had meat, milk, fish and the likes, the machine gives you a slip. I had milk on me but it’s for my baby so I didn’t declare it.

Took the slip to the first leg immigration where we handed over our COPR and passport for stamping and filling address where we want our PR card shipped to. Then we were told “welcome to Canada”

We were sent to border control to fill a form regarding the amount we brought in, but it was nothing serious.

Went to check in for our connecting flight to Ottawa with Westjet, the flight was delayed due to various reasons but we eventually landed Ottawa and got picked up by family. Omo the cold � is real, forget all the talk about spring weather. Buy better jacket when you’re coming.

P.s Travelled with an infant (9months) so when booking we got a bassinet seat, so she could be comfortable. I was able to carry water on all legs of the trip cause of making the baby’s food (the water was tested at Toronto)
We booked directly with BA at Transcorp cause we were particular about getting the bassinet seat.

Mstomie:
IT’S PPR.

A journey of over 2 years has come to an end

Nov 9 2019- - AOR
FEB 2020- ADR for PA work reference
March 2020- - Remedical request

February 11th 2022- ready for visa

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 8:19am On Apr 19, 2022
Teeores:
Thank you.

Yes I did albeit as unaccompanying.

I will sponsor her once I get there.

Wow! The standard processing time for Spousal sponsorship before the pandemic was 1 year, can’t say of now and even when it was one year, for some it took more than that. You had the opportunity to add your wife after receiving 600 nomination points, you could have used it by adding her as accompanying. I wish you all the best bro, may the land favour you once again.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Aibisoye0: 10:26am On Apr 19, 2022
Mstomie:

Landing gist
Left with BA on the 17th April, family of 3. Check in went smoothly- we had 5 check in bags, 2 hand luggage, 1 diaper bag and a travel system stroller combo. My advice it’s best to check in every single bag that you can , BA will check in your hand luggage for free so it’s something to consider ��‍♀️.

Abuja-Heathrow leg was smooth, we left about 20-30mins late but still left us with enough time to meet the connecting flight to Toronto. The food was ‘meh’ in my opinion but I’ll advise that you take the mail English breakfast option because the other meal option looked like � to me.

Got to Heathrow and after about an hour wait we boarded to Toronto (this flight felt super long to me) but 7 hours after we entered our new country ��.

Went to immigration where we had to first do the self service passport scanning for declaration of items- cash value you’re coming in with, if you had meat, milk, fish and the likes, the machine gives you a slip. I had milk on me but it’s for my baby so I didn’t declare it.

Took the slip to the first leg immigration where we handed over our COPR and passport for stamping and filling address where we want our PR card shipped to. Then we were told “welcome to Canada”

We were sent to border control to fill a form regarding the amount we brought in, but it was nothing serious.

Went to check in for our connecting flight to Ottawa with Westjet, the flight was delayed due to various reasons but we eventually landed Ottawa and got picked up by family. Omo the cold � is real, forget all the talk about spring weather. Buy better jacket when you’re coming.

P.s Travelled with an infant (9months) so when booking we got a bassinet seat, so she could be comfortable. I was able to carry water on all legs of the trip cause of making the baby’s food (the water was tested at Toronto)
We booked directly with BA at Transcorp cause we were particular about getting the bassinet seat.

Congratulations....did you get transit visa to fly via UK or you already had a visit visa?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Deniya: 11:19am On Apr 19, 2022
PPR!!!!!!

IELTS- July 2019
AOR PNP(Nova Scotia)- Jan 2020
Nomination- May 2020
ITA- May 2020
AOR- July 2020
Biometrics- September - 2020
ADR PCC- Jan 2022
Remedial- March 2022
Remedial passed March 23rd, 2022
PPR. - April 13, 2022

I had almost lost hope. God is faithful to the very end.

29 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 11:32am On Apr 19, 2022
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 11:46am On Apr 19, 2022
your age changed. If you can get at least 8.5 in listening and others same, your score will be 471-5 (466)
Max out and it can be better.
Motiranugba:
Hello Everyone,

I have an HND and Bsc , My ielts results L 7.5, R 7.5, W 7.5, S 7.5 . i have over four years experience as an Executive administrator , 30 years of age and i just checked my crs score its 405 , can this fly for canada express entry . Also my score was higer than this in January , i wonder what changed .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ahyur: 11:48am On Apr 19, 2022
Hi guys!!

I am happy to share that my wife and I got PPR finally.

AOR: 18th Feb 2021
ADR and Remed: 8th March 2022
Medical Passed: March 30th 2022
PPR: 13th April 2022

P:S is there a group on WhatsApp or telegram for post PPR. Plus if you are heading to Calgary, pls reach out.

20 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Mstomie: 11:59am On Apr 19, 2022
you don’t need transit visa if you’re only stopping in Heathrow
Aibisoye0:

Congratulations....did you get transit visa to fly via UK or you already had a visit visa?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by DelayIsNotDenia: 12:39pm On Apr 19, 2022
Congratulations!!!!
ahyur:
Hi guys!!

P:S is there a group on WhatsApp or telegram for post PPR. Plus if you are heading to Calgary, pls reach out.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 1:19pm On Apr 19, 2022
Mstomie:

Landing gist

Wow I’m hoping to go Ottawa too and travelling with an infant too so thanks for all the tips. I think I’d be using BA too when the time comes because your journey feels pretty straightforward. Though I like good food on flights but British people won’t know good food if it hit them in the face grin. What matters is that Welcome to Canada cheesy Goodluck in Canada

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by kayuseful: 1:29pm On Apr 19, 2022
Upwego:
Hello Nairalanders, loyal reader here...
I just got RFV email like an hour ago
CPC Ottawa
AOR August 2020
I should be rejoicing but body no gree sweet me o because I have been sending webforms (both old and new links) for over 6 weeks informing them I had a baby and I attached all documents required; the 2 IMM forms, birth cert, passport, reciept, Updated POF etc
We got med request in March and I did Upfront for my baby alongside and still sent series of webforms and even emails to Cpc and Cio... Up till now my baby is not reflecting on my CIC profile as dependent.
I have sent webforms and emails to them again with the RFV email screenshot some minutes ago.
Please, what else can I do to get their attention because with IRCC solution no dey too plenty o.
Please ejoor o biko... thank you.
Ps. I love to read PPR gists so I will definitely be sending mine in when the wait is truly over.
Thank you

Gotten an answer?
Added your baby now?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Motiranugba(f): 2:41pm On Apr 19, 2022
thank you all for the response. Any known tutorial or app that teaches french?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by CountVersailles(f): 2:56pm On Apr 19, 2022
Motiranugba:
thank you all for the response. Any known tutorial or app that teaches french?
Duolingo
You should also be able to register for free in a French class

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by charlesu69: 3:25pm On Apr 19, 2022
Hello house!!

Just to confirm, I called the VAC Lagos to get clarification on the fees I need to pay (including courier) and the rep on phone asked when and where I did my biometrics. I responded saying Lagos and she advised that if I’m sending my passport, I wouldn’t need to pay the transmission fee, all I need is the tag I was given during my biometrics collection as that would serve as proof of payment, and only pay the for courier.

Can anyone confirm if this is true.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by icehot: 3:30pm On Apr 19, 2022
charlesu69:
Hello house!!

Just to confirm, I called the VAC Lagos to get clarification on the fees I need to pay (including courier) and the rep on phone asked when and where I did my biometrics. I responded saying Lagos and she advised that if I’m sending my passport, I wouldn’t need to pay the transmission fee, all I need is the tag I was given during my biometrics collection as that would serve as proof of payment, and only pay the for courier.

Yes, very true. You do not need to pay another fee. Except if you want to pay for SMS notification which is optional. I paid for sms but have not received one sms from them yet.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Reedahbaby01(f): 3:34pm On Apr 19, 2022
charlesu69:
Hello house!!

yes it's very true
when going to where you did your biometrics in Lagos which I assume is VFS Lagos just go along with that yellow slip that's the proof of payment the rep is talking about

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by charlesu69: 3:45pm On Apr 19, 2022
Thank you for the responses
Reedahbaby01:
yes it's very true
when going to where you did your biometrics in Lagos which I assume is VFS Lagos just go along with that yellow slip that's the proof of payment the rep is talking about
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Remicynt(f): 3:46pm On Apr 19, 2022
I recently received Ppr , I was also blessed with a baby on the 13th of March 2022. However when we applied my spouse was unaccompanied due to low crs score. Due to this change in my family composition I want to request ircc changes my spouse to accompanied due to the fact I may not be able to cope with 2 children and I need his help in our new home. I have requested my daughter be added to the application. Can I request my husband be changed to accompanied Will our crs score be recalculated Really worried as our Crs score will be low nd it might affect my PR. Plz I need your guidance. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 4:05pm On Apr 19, 2022
ahyur:
Hi guys!!

Congratulations to you & madam !

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Reedahbaby01(f): 4:06pm On Apr 19, 2022
charlesu69:
Thank you for the responses
Anytime

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 4:08pm On Apr 19, 2022
Deniya:
PPR!!!!!!

AOR- July 2020
ADR PCC- Jan 2022
Remedial- March 2022
Remedial passed March 23rd, 2022
PPR. - April 13, 2022

I had almost lost hope. God is faithful to the very end.

Very happy for you! Congrats!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 4:41pm On Apr 19, 2022
Remicynt:
I recently received Ppr , I was also blessed with a baby on the 13th of March 2022. However when we applied my spouse was unaccompanied due to low crs score. Due to this change in my family composition I want to request ircc changes my spouse to accompanied due to the fact I may not be able to cope with 2 children and I need his help in our new home. I have requested my daughter be added to the application. Can I request my husband be changed to accompanied Will our crs score be recalculated Really worried as our Crs score will be low nd it might affect my PR. Plz I need your guidance. Thank you

One or two people on Canada.visa say they have done this.

It doesn't seem clear if IRCC will recalculate CRS or treat it like someone who was single and got married post AOR (where CRS is not recalculated.)

If IRCC recalculates CRS, then changing spouse from non accompanying to accompanying for the average PNP applicant is a no brainer. Their recalculated CRS go still stand gidigba and typically exceed the CRS of the draw that invited them (thanks to 600 points).

For regular FSW, whose CRS may not survive recalculation, it may be a gamble.

Some options that come to mind:
1. Contact an immigration lawyer to be sure and go ahead if you are convinced the outcome will be positive
2. Land alone and spouse applies for visit, study visa or work permit after your landing
3. Land alone and sponsor spouse (I suspect this is usually the plan for non-accompanying spouse crew)
5. Land alone, soft landing, return to Naija to stay with spouse and think through other options within the next 2 years.

All the best!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by abrireta: 4:53pm On Apr 19, 2022
Omo how do you people hold on and have faith.... This wait is soooo agonising and draining. I am actually tired.

How do you guys manage...abeg share tips because as I am now I am just tired and full of despair

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 5:39pm On Apr 19, 2022
abrireta:
Omo how do you people hold on and have faith.... This wait is soooo agonising and draining. I am actually tired.

How do you guys manage...abeg share tips because as I am now I am just tired and full of despair

smileye no easy! Things that seem to work for me:

1. Pray: God na your pikin I be, sort me out, abeg.

2. Distraction: new hobby, new qualification, planning for Canny life

3. Community: friends that know what you are going through and can encourage you. Some people find this in WhatsApp & Telegram groups

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ChiefVal: 5:58pm On Apr 19, 2022
Thanks. So, I sent an email to Accra VFS about this and apparently, you’re to include a separate typed sheet mentioning your return address and phone number. Just mentioning this in case someone else needs it.
MrPein:

Hi
On page 2 of the CVAC consent form which you're to fill, there's provision to provide home address, email, phone number etc.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 7:02pm On Apr 19, 2022
GraciousWords:

smileye no easy! Things that seem to work for me:

1. Pray: God na your pikin I be, sort me out, abeg.

2. Distraction: new hobby, new qualification, planning for Canny life

3. Community: friends that know what you are going through and can encourage you. Some people find this in WhatsApp & Telegram groups

anytime i see you comment from as last comment from the travel page, I rush in expecting ppr testimony . Make this people answer you biko

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 7:21pm On Apr 19, 2022
cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (629) (Reply)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

Viewing this topic: aestake, Gaiusc and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.