Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,670 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1049814 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (631) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 1:39pm On May 18, 2022
Joshmuch:
Thanks alot, I have just crafted the letter, There was a time I did a virtual job fair, I said it in there that booths from Ontario were my choicest, please can I send you a PM and show you for you to see? Or if you can give me your email for me to just send it directly ?
I’ve followed you, that should make it easier to send a pm
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by imarrpopson: 1:55pm On May 18, 2022
Dimple10:
actually it's the other way around. Biometrics is valid for 10yrs. medicals you may need to redo

The fourth bullet point says I have to give my biometrics again if submitting a permanent resident application.

For the medicals, I know it is valid for a year, I just want to be sure if I can use it again or book an upfront medical for mid July.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 2:04pm On May 18, 2022
imarrpopson:

The fourth bullet point says I have to give my biometrics again if submitting a permanent resident application.

For the medicals, I know it is valid for a year, I just want to be sure if I can use it again or book an upfront medical for mid July.
biometrics clause in your letter was waived for many during covid times and former biometrics was used. They will update your profile if they want you to redo biometrics. Your former medicals has expired and no longer valid.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Joshmuch: 2:06pm On May 18, 2022
Allegory:

I’ve followed you, that should make it easier to send a pm
I have sent you the letter. Kindly reply as soon as possible. Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Obiorah8: 2:08pm On May 18, 2022
Pls help a brother, I’m in the same situation,
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by imarrpopson: 2:17pm On May 18, 2022
ednut1:
biometrics clause in your letter was waived for many during covid times and former biometrics was used. They will update your profile if they want you to redo biometrics. Your former medicals has expired and no longer valid.

Oh, thank you. I had the medical exam 4 months ago tho.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Igethope: 2:42pm On May 18, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 3:24pm On May 18, 2022
see here from cic website.

for medicals: If you have undergone a medical exam as part of an application in another category and/or if you have completed an IME in the 12 months before you apply, you can submit a copy of the information printout sheet or the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form in your application.

An IRCC officer may still require a new IME.

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/medical-exams.html

imarrpopson:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 4:59pm On May 18, 2022
Joshmuch:
I have sent you the letter. Kindly reply as soon as possible. Thanks a lot
Replied
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Joshmuch: 5:16pm On May 18, 2022
Allegory:

Replied
Thanks alot . Good job. I just replied too. Kindly respond
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by doctorfunmi: 6:22pm On May 18, 2022
Hi everyone, please I have a question as regards claiming point for work experience.

I know a minimum of 1,560 hours at 30hours/week for 12months is considered 1year work experience.

My question is can someone claim additional years of experience based on number of hours worked if one has an overlapping job, especially someone in tech working remotely full-time for 2 companies?

Has anyone done this before? If yes, how do I go about it? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nobody: 7:14pm On May 18, 2022
I'm coming to share my testimony

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by imarrpopson: 7:52pm On May 18, 2022
Dimple10:
see here from cic website.

for medicals: If you have undergone a medical exam as part of an application in another category and/or if you have completed an IME in the 12 months before you apply, you can submit a copy of the information printout sheet or the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form in your application.

An IRCC officer may still require a new IME.

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/medical-exams.html

Wow. Thank you very much. grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by stacey1994: 7:53pm On May 18, 2022
please has anyone recently completed the IMM008 form?

how do you sign? do you just write your name in the space provided or you print and actually sign and scan back?

please urgent answers will be appreciated
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by okesuku: 8:03pm On May 18, 2022
You have to fill, Validate the document to give you the bar codes, then print and sign.
stacey1994:
please has anyone recently completed the IMM008 form?

how do you sign? do you just write your name in the space provided or you print and actually sign and scan back?

please urgent answers will be appreciated
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by littyprincess: 9:23pm On May 18, 2022
doctorfunmi:
Hi everyone, please I have a question as regards claiming point for work experience.

I know a minimum of 1,560 hours at 30hours/week for 12months is considered 1year work experience.

My question is can someone claim additional years of experience based on number of hours worked if one has an overlapping job, especially someone in tech working remotely full-time for 2 companies?

Has anyone done this before? If yes, how do I go about it? Thanks.

No. Any hours after the first 30hrs per week isn’t considered
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 9:56pm On May 18, 2022
Please guys I was given an additional 30 days to add newborn after PPR but I still don’t think I’d be able to meet up with that timeline parce que it’s been very hard to get a fast track passport and without passport, I can’t even do medicals. Who’s been in my shoes? What do I do next?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 10:17pm On May 18, 2022
Allegory:
Please guys I was given an additional 30 days to add newborn after PPR but I still don’t think I’d be able to meet up with that timeline parce que it’s been very hard to get a fast track passport and without passport, I can’t even do medicals. Who’s been in my shoes? What do I do next?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Pascal122: 10:43pm On May 18, 2022
canadaishome:
It's been a very loooooooooooooong wait but I will summarise as much as possible.

Lots of tears and frustration but we thank Jah

IELTS and evaluation completed October 2018

IELTS and ECA for spouse also done

Refusal letter- March 25 2019 NOC issue for self employment

I did everything right or so I thought except choose the correct NOC
I applied for reconsideration but it was refused.

Ordered gcms notes to know exactly what they were not happy with

Thankfully it was still 2019 and my score was still good for the draws

ITA-April 2019

Aor-May 6 2019

Chose the right NOC this time

For self employment

I submitted CAC business registration documents
(Take note that I didn't submit any tax receipts, I didn't find it necessary but if you have it, you can submit)
Screenshots of my website, social media pages, 14 reference letters from clients,invoices and receipts, letter of explanation stating a breakdown of my business operations in Nigeria.
Bank statements for over 5 years till time of submission
Total number of pages to show evidence was 93! I didn't want to take any chances after the refusal

Baby was born May 28, added her in July

I ordered gcms at some point and ran it by a licensed consultant in Canada in 2020 I think who reassured me that it was fine and that I handled the application well and it was all a waiting game.

Complete silence until November 15 GU then another GU one week later

Fast forward to 2021, we got fed up with Nigeria and left for the UK (masters for spouse) in September

April 2022 came with ADR for PC, schedule a, travel history, remeds, new passports and rprf which I already paid in October 2019

Adr submitted 28th April

Adr for uk police certificate after few days
Meds passed May 7
Submitted UK police certificate on Friday the 13th of May
Sent an email yesterday at 8:06pm saying I don upload o, how far na?
PPR came at 8:46 pm

Less than an hour later

Thank you everyone that has contributed to this thread. I started from the days of newmum and ifeoma and so many others that are no longer active.

I pray IRCC releases everyone waiting soon

It will end in praise. You'll see!

Order gcms notes to know what's happening too

May you have peace!

Hello,

I love your story. Congratulations. I'm also doing self employed proof of work experience. Because I'm a blogger, I choose Noc 0124. I worked for two companies but it was writing gigs, so I used noc 5121. I think my situation is similar to yours. How did you choose the right Noc?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by rume(m): 1:51am On May 19, 2022
Teluv:
Good day my special people,
We received an email today from CIC with the Subject title visa Ready with instructions on how to submit our passport, there is no update on our application .
Family of 4
PNP New Brunswick- December 2021
AOR - December 2021
Application submitted January 2022
Medicals done - December 2021
Medicals passed - March 2022
Visa Ready email May 2022

Pls my dear people which fees is VAC Passport Transmission fee and how is it made to the VAC. We already made all payment at application submission. Abeg make una no vex. Guide a learner please.

Thank You

It is the fee one pays for their passport to be transmitted by VFS. Usually, you won't have to pay if you send your passport to the same VFS office where you had your biometric details taken (you would need to attach the receipt you were given when you did the biometrics thingy).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Yellowmellow(f): 6:30am On May 19, 2022
I got another adr from ircc. This time they’re asking for schedule A, PCC and also asking that I confirm the type of business/company I work in and the number of employees.

Now pls note:
I no longer work there. I stopped since June last year, I work somewhere else now but I didn’t update ircc. I don’t know if this is an issue?

Secondly, my former company was a very small one. All of us were about 5 including the janitor. I hope it won’t be a problem cz I don’t understand why they’re asking for the number of employees. Is there an accepted number of employees that they recognize as a company? I thought your work experience is what matters, I’m feeling very insecure right now I won’t even lie mtshewww

Lastly, this adr they want am I going to send it as an loe or am I using the company’s letter headed paper?

Pls every input is welcome and appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Yellowmellow(f): 7:07am On May 19, 2022
Yellowmellow:
I got another adr from ircc. This time they’re asking for schedule A, PCC and also asking that I confirm the type of business/company I work in and the number of employees.

Now pls note:
I no longer work there. I stopped since June last year, I work somewhere else now but I didn’t update ircc. I don’t know if this is an issue?

Secondly, my former company was a very small one. All of us were about 5 including the janitor. I hope it won’t be a problem cz I don’t understand why they’re asking for the number of employees. Is there an accepted number of employees that they recognize as a company? I thought your work experience is what matters, I’m feeling very insecure right now I won’t even lie mtshewww

Lastly, this adr they want am I going to send it as an loe or am I using the company’s letter headed paper?

To add to this, while filling the schedule A, shey im going to mention this new company where I work to ircc even though I didn’t update them last year when I switched jobs?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 7:17am On May 19, 2022
Yellowmellow:

To add to this, while filling the schedule A, shey im going to mention this new company where I work to ircc even though I didn’t update them last year when I switched jobs?

Yes you wiill
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 7:22am On May 19, 2022
Yellowmellow:

Now pls note:
I no longer work there. I stopped since June last year, I work somewhere else now but I didn’t update ircc. I don’t know if this is an issue? NOT AN ISSUE SINCE YOU’RE NOT CLAIMING POINTS FOR IT. JUST UPDATE YOUR SCHEDULE A AND SEND.

Secondly, my former company was a very small one. All of us were about 5 including the janitor. I hope it won’t be a problem cz I don’t understand why they’re asking for the number of employees. Is there an accepted number of employees that they recognize as a company? I thought your work experience is what matters, I’m feeling very insecure right now I won’t even lie mtshewww I DONT THINK SO. JUST RESPOND TO THE BEST OF YOUR ABILITY AS LONG AS YOUR REF LETTER SUBMITTED MET TYE REQUIREMENTS

YOU’RE RESPONDING WITH LOE BECAUSE IT WAS DIRECTED AT YOU NOT THE COMPANY. WHATEVER YOU DO, DON’T FORGET TO UPLOAD VIA THE PROVIDED PLACEHOLDERS AND TRANSMIT. ALSO SEND VIA WEBFORM. MAKE RECORD OF THIS JUST BECAUSE.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Favouriteguy: 8:21am On May 19, 2022
An advice needed for a friend who has 7years experience in the financial industry but resigned recently and now has a business as a food vendor.

What NOC would she be categorized as.

Pardon me if my questions aren't properly placed.

2ndly, is it too late to get in for the FSW slated for July?

More questions to come pls�
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MrPein: 9:03am On May 19, 2022
Yellowmellow:
Now pls note:

Hi. This is unique
1. Yes. Include your new job in the Schedule A

2. The size of the company doesn't matter. People have gotten PPR with businesses run by just one person. State the positions held by the 5 persons, providing their names is optional. Highlight the services or product the company offers and also highlight the clients.

3. No need for a letter head. The company is not obligated to explain themselves to IRCC. Use an LOE and provide as much details as would be satisfactory and to the best of your knowledge.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MrPein: 9:31am On May 19, 2022
Favouriteguy:
An advice needed for a friend who has 7years experience in the financial industry but resigned recently and now has a business as a food vendor.
What NOC would she be categorized as.
Pardon me if my questions aren't properly placed.
2ndly, is it too late to get in for the FSW slated for July?
More questions to come pls�

Hi.
1. Your friend can use the 7yrs experience in the financial industry to apply even though she has resigned. The job title isn't specific, so one can't advise on NOC category.

2. It isn't too late to enter the pool. Her CRS will be dependent on her age, level of education, IELTS score etc.

3. Read page one.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by acmilan1: 10:40am On May 19, 2022
I'm having problems signing into my express entry account, has anyone else noticed this today?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by acmilan1: 10:49am On May 19, 2022
please guys I need your advice, I want to apply for PNP as EE pool is not promising for me with a score of 464. I am a mechanical engineer with a masters degrees in engineering and work experience in the oil and gas. I am married with a kid. which province is best to apply to as I do not have any relative living in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by SirKelvegaz: 11:24am On May 19, 2022
42 Days till July!

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 12:48pm On May 19, 2022
acmilan1:
I'm having problems signing into my express entry account, has anyone else noticed this today?
Isn’t it like this everyday? Try incognito mode
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 12:51pm On May 19, 2022
acmilan1:
please guys I need your advice, I want to apply for PNP as EE pool is not promising for me with a score of 464. I am a mechanical engineer with a masters degrees in engineering and work experience in the oil and gas. I am married with a kid. which province is best to apply to as I do not have any relative living in Canada.
I don’t know if any province invites mechanical engineers. You can Google the occupations in demand list of the following provinces and see

Saskatchewan
Alberta
Ontario

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (631) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.