Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1054527 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (632) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 1:35pm On May 17, 2022
clow:

Hello

My passport expires September 10 2022, I got PPR on April 6th 2022,4 days after was 10th of April 2022 which will have been less than 6 months validity period (My Passport would most likely have gotten to the VO when its less than 6 months because of the timeline I have seen from other peoples post from when it gets to VFS and later sent to the embassy), I was asked to submit my passport within 21 days but the PPR stated that my passport should have at least 6 months validity on it.
I was unable to because of this.I am already on the process of renewal.

PPR letter states that if for any reason I am unable to send my Passport to them I can raise a webform which I have done, but I haven't gotten a concrete feedback apart from the usual generic response, calling has been difficult I have tried calling since April but to know avail, I have also tried all the tricks posted here also but still I cant reach them.

Any idea how I can go about it.
When I do get my passport do I just send it to the nearest VO even though the 21 days given has elapsed; I intend printing a copy of all the webform raised as well as email sent, along with the response to each.
Please Advise.

I would send my less than 6 month passport and my new passport, an LOE as well as all the webforms to VFS. Shouldn't be a problem, hopefully. Someone said IRCC are not strict about the PPR submission deadline, I don't know if it's true or not.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by canadaishome: 2:40pm On May 17, 2022
GraciousWords:

Thanks so much for sharing........especially the initial rejection and how you rebounded and your self employed docs list.

C.O.N.G.R.A.T.U.L.A.T.I.O.N.S !!!

NOC mismatch still causing issues..... please share with us how you finally arrived at the right NOC .....what did you do differently than the first time round?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by clow(m): 2:48pm On May 17, 2022
GraciousWords:

I would send my less than 6 month passport and my new passport, an LOE as well as all the webforms to VFS. Shouldn't be a problem, hopefully. Someone said IRCC are not strict about the PPR submission deadline, I don't know if it's true or not.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 3:03pm On May 17, 2022
Andyosifo:
It's not compulsory but if you have enough money to spare, you can do it. I didn't notarized my own because of the cost, and there was no issue

Cost me N500
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 3:44pm On May 17, 2022
canadaishome:

Thing is my niche (business) is very unique.
It's art work done on edible food (not cakes) so it was hard and I had not come across anyone with same niche as me till date . Took days to arrive at the correct NOC code. A lot of research and keywords used and settled for Noc 5244 as the best match

Wow...very niche. Good thing is the NOC sef acknowledges that most people in that group are self employed. Congrats again!

Ps: you must be a super creative person! I see you blowing in Canny....

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by canadaishome: 4:39pm On May 17, 2022
GraciousWords:

Wow...very niche. Good thing is the NOC sef acknowledges that most people in that group are self employed. Congrats again!

Ps: you must be a super creative person! I see you blowing in Canny....

Thank you. I appreciate your kind words
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Joshmuch: 5:31pm On May 17, 2022
ednut1:
and so They will call FIRS or LIRS to come do tax investigation lol.
God bless you plenty baba. Please o, I still have another question to you and other seniors. I earlier applied to Québec, though ( yet to submit documents to them for evaluation) before Ontario NOI came, on filling the application form: There is a part that says: "Have you ever submitted or been included in Application under a PNP to Ontario or another province or territory?" Please o, how do I handle this matter?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Thona16(f): 6:24pm On May 17, 2022
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by shutupareyouGOD: 6:54pm On May 17, 2022
Please advise…can I use my previous job description as my NOC and not my current job…I’ve done a lot of roles so I’m a bit confused on which I can use…Or can I use all../if yes..can I use the most preferred on my reference letter…thanks
GraciousWords:

Sorry to hear this.

She has done a wise thing by sending a webform for reconsideration and getting back in the pool. Since webforms sometimes don't get responded to for months, I would say she should keep sending the same webform everyday or every week. She could also repeatedly send emails to her VO and other email addresses floating around on WhatsApp/Telegram groups. She could also try calling the IRCC call centre (page 1 has details on the steps).

Her webform and emails should already contain a revised reference letter (exactly as IRCC wants it, if possible. Required contents are in the application checklist on page 1). Please cross check that the job description really does match the actions described in the lead statement, a substantial number of the main duties, including all the essential duties of her NOC even if it was written as a paragraph instead of bullet points (see this link on how to match NOC https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/283#96895306). Duties that only match some of the chosen NOC may not work..... you guys should do another thorough check....as this may have been the issue (just guessing).

If it were me, I would ask for a reference letter with duties (that match majority of the NOC) in bullet points since that's the NOC format and that's what most VOs are probably used to seeing from applicants. This makes it much easier for a VO to match. Format should not be a case for refusal though, if the content is valid, and she could based on this start talking to a lawyer.

Ideally, she should have included an LOE for salary but her SOA with salary highlighted should have been an ok substitute (was her pay highlighted in each month's SOA?) She could try including pay slips as well.

She may also consider a judicial hearing (see page 1) if the reconsideration fails.

Hope it works out for her.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 7:16pm On May 17, 2022
shutupareyouGOD:
Please advise…can I use my previous job description as my NOC and not my current job…I’ve done a lot of roles so I’m a bit confused on which I can use…Or can I use all../if yes..can I use the most preferred on my reference letter…thanks

Page 1. FAQ 14 & 15
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by adaaso: 7:36pm On May 17, 2022
Just send to Kenya or Cairo for your peace of mind
Haircombb:
Guys please is it reasonable to send my passport to Lagos VFS? How long will it take to get my passport back?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by barby008: 7:48pm On May 17, 2022
Personally,I didn't
I only got commissioner of oaths signature and stamp at the high Court for #50 only! No ADR,gotten PPR since March
Dennyjuff:
People of God, please is it compulsory to notarize a gift deed from mother to daughter for proof of funds

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Joshmuch: 8:41pm On May 17, 2022
Joshmuch:
God bless you plenty baba. Please o, I still have another question to you and other seniors. I earlier applied to Québec, though ( yet to submit documents to them for evaluation) before Ontario NOI came, on filling the application form: There is a part that says: "Have you ever submitted or been included in Application under a PNP to Ontario or another province or territory?" Please o, how do I handle this matter?
Any response to this please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GrAnDwEeZ(m): 11:25pm On May 17, 2022
Yes.
Got an update that it has been received and is under process by IRCC
xankarax:

Me too. Mine was received on the 25th. Have you gotten any update?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lotusgoddess(f): 11:49pm On May 17, 2022
clow:

Hello

My passport expires September 10 2022, I got PPR on April 6th 2022,4 days after was 10th of April 2022 which will have been less than 6 months validity period (My Passport would most likely have gotten to the VO when its less than 6 months because of the timeline I have seen from other peoples post from when it gets to VFS and later sent to the embassy), I was asked to submit my passport within 21 days but the PPR stated that my passport should have at least 6 months validity on it.
I was unable to because of this.I am already on the process of renewal.

PPR letter states that if for any reason I am unable to send my Passport to them I can raise a webform which I have done, but I haven't gotten a concrete feedback apart from the usual generic response, calling has been difficult I have tried calling since April but to know avail, I have also tried all the tricks posted here also but still I cant reach them.

Any idea how I can go about it.
When I do get my passport do I just send it to the nearest VO even though the 21 days given has elapsed; I intend printing a copy of all the webform raised as well as email sent, along with the response to each.
Please Advise.

Someone had one or two months validity and her passport was stamped and she traveled
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MummyO24: 1:26am On May 18, 2022
Please I will like to get added to a WhatsApp group for pre-ITA if any. Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 1:35am On May 18, 2022
Joshmuch:
Any response to this please?
You have to answer the question truthfully, lying could get you in trouble. If you have no intentions of submitting your documents to Quebec any longer, you can just answer no. But if you’re choosing to go ahead with both pnps for now, then answer yes.

Ontario let’s you write a letter about why you want to live in their province. I think you should use the letter to show the officer that Ontario is your real first choice. I don’t think applying to another province earns you an automatic rejection
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Joshmuch: 3:15am On May 18, 2022
Allegory:

You have to answer the question truthfully, lying could get you in trouble. If you have no intentions of submitting your documents to Quebec any longer, you can just answer no. But if you’re choosing to go ahead with both pnps for now, then answer yes.

Ontario let’s you write a letter about why you want to live in their province. I think you should use the letter to show the officer that Ontario is your real first choice. I don’t think applying to another province earns you an automatic rejection
Thank you ma for taking time to assist. The picture attached request for the date that I applied, I applied first before they sent list of documents to send back to them ( which they will get soon). So, in the letter of intent to Ontario, do I need to tell the officer why I had to apply to Québec. How that I received Québec ITA but didn't want to apply but due to no OINP NOI in March for my stream I had to take Québec. That I will be willing to discontinue with Québec once given nomination certificate of Ontario. Will that be fine to say in the letter ?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by upkay: 4:44am On May 18, 2022
Hi Mates,

My wife is the principal applicant (PA). On her ECA report was a mistake of year of birth (instead of 1994, the report came up with 1996) and it is late already for the evaluation body to rectify it.

My question is; can a letter of expression (LOE) works to explain this mistake when we are asked to submit our application documents?

Note: All her other (official and unofficial) documents carry year of '1994' (a correct year of birth).

Thanks for your replies, my e-families.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 6:48am On May 18, 2022
Joshmuch:
Thank you ma for taking time to assist. The picture attached request for the date that I applied, I applied first before they sent list of documents to send back to them ( which they will get soon). So, in the letter of intent to Ontario, do I need to tell the officer why I had to apply to Québec. How that I received Québec ITA but didn't want to apply but due to no OINP NOI in March for my stream I had to take Québec. That I will be willing to discontinue with Québec once given nomination certificate of Ontario. Will that be fine to say in the letter ?

Yeah but with a little more subtlety. Something like even though Ontario wasn’t the first province to issue you ITA, they’ve always been your number one choice of province to stay with your family. Then list reasons why you think you and your family would fare better in Ontario than any other province. The language, the weather, jobs etc. Imo, You don’t have to mention Quebec in the letter for now, let it stay implied. Unless they specifically send you ADR asking you to prove you’ll choose Ontario over Quebec if nominated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Joshmuch: 8:34am On May 18, 2022
Allegory:

Yeah but with a little more subtlety. Something like even though Ontario wasn’t the first province to issue you ITA, they’ve always been your number one choice of province to stay with your family. Then list reasons why you think you and your family would fair better in Ontario than any other province. The language, the weather, jobs etc. Imo, You don’t have to mention Quebec in the letter for now, let it stay implied. Unless they specifically send you ADR asking you to prove you’ll choose Ontario over Quebec if nominated.
Thanks alot, I have just crafted the letter, There was a time I did a virtual job fair, I said it in there that booths from Ontario were my choicest, please can I send you a PM and show you for you to see? Or if you can give me your email for me to just send it directly ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by SirKelvegaz: 9:32am On May 18, 2022
43 Days till July!

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 10:03am On May 18, 2022
upkay:
Hi Mates,

My wife is the principal applicant (PA). On her ECA report was a mistake of year of birth (instead of 1994, the report came up with 1996) and it is late already for the evaluation body to rectify it.

My question is; can a letter of expression (LOE) works to explain this mistake when we are asked to submit our application documents?

Note: All her other (official and unofficial) documents carry year of '1994' (a correct year of birth).

Thanks for your replies, my e-families.
if the mistake was from the eca body nothing like its too late to rectify it. Contact them to rectify it. Are you sure its not her transcript that has the mistake
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by shutupareyouGOD: 11:53am On May 18, 2022
Thanksss …perfect
GraciousWords:

Page 1. FAQ 14 & 15
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Teluv(m): 11:58am On May 18, 2022
Good day my special people,
We received an email today from CIC with the Subject title visa Ready with instructions on how to submit our passport, there is no update on our application .
Family of 4
PNP New Brunswick- December 2021
AOR - December 2021
Application submitted January 2022
Medicals done - December 2021
Medicals passed - March 2022
Visa Ready email May 2022

Pls my dear people which fees is VAC Passport Transmission fee and how is it made to the VAC. We already made all payment at application submission. Abeg make una no vex. Guide a learner please.

Thank You

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by greenverte(f): 12:04pm On May 18, 2022
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by greenverte(f): 12:33pm On May 18, 2022
Dimple10:
FYA.

The statement comes as normal statement from the date you request to the date it is printed so say you request for dec 2021 til february 2022. They will only be able to give you dec 2021 till today if thats the day agent accesses the system to generate statement.

ps
They both come signed and stamped.
Thanks for the prompt response.

May I get the reference letter sample?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 12:39pm On May 18, 2022
you're welcome...i attached mine to my response earlier, pls check again
greenverte:

Thanks for the prompt response.

May I get the reference letter sample?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by imarrpopson: 12:59pm On May 18, 2022
Please can I use the e-Medical sheet I submitted with my study permit for Express Entry. It expires Feb 2023.

I know I have to do another Biometrics for my permanent resident application but I'm not sure about the medical exam.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by greenverte(f): 1:02pm On May 18, 2022
Dimple10:
FYA.

The statement comes as normal statement from the date you request to the date it is printed so say you request for dec 2021 til february 2022. They will only be able to give you dec 2021 till today if thats the day agent accesses the system to generate statement.

p.s - They both come signed and stamped.

Thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 1:32pm On May 18, 2022
actually it's the other way around. Biometrics is valid for 10yrs. medicals you may need to redo
imarrpopson:
Please can I use the e-Medical sheet I submitted with my study permit for Express Entry. It expires Feb 2023.

I know I have to do another Biometrics for my permanent resident application but I'm not sure about the medical exam.

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (632) (Reply)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.