Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,232 members, 7,836,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1071796 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (637) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by SirKelvegaz: 9:36am On Jun 16, 2022
14 Days till July!

20 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aurorae1: 9:40am On Jun 16, 2022
Candboy:
bros calm down abeg... I don't want to talk anyhow to u this morning cus you'll hate yourself.. perhaps you've gotten ur ITA or even landed in Canada, thats why u talking goat talk. Do u know how much money have been spent on ielts alone, plus other stress that one has gone through only for them to just come up with this dirty idea! Why can't they atleast show consideration to people by giving long period of notice let's say one year so that people will be better prepared to adapt to Future changes... Not everyone has the money for this pursuit, some even had to borrow funds to push thier way forward, then you're giving public talk saying BLA BLA BLA like I don't know what u are saying... In life, consideration is a key factor, learn to put yourself in other's people shoe, make I for no swear for u this morning... Mtcheeeew. Pls allow people that have sense to talk abeg... Mtcheeww

Oga calm down, no vex. People will only speak from where their own knowledge starts. Technically he's not wrong. Immigration rules aren't for you but for the host country or do you think Canada is letting so many in out of the mere goodness of their heart? No. There has to be something for the country to gain. It's a bitter pill but one you must swallow. What will happen will happen, you do have the right to not be happy about it though. Same thing happened to Australia and it's immigration process.
Besides if you follow IRCC, every 10 years or so, there a major change to the immigration policy or a reform made.

For the time and money you're talking about, this is the same IRCC that let people(they call them applications) wallow for almost two years, without substantial info about resumptions, dates etc just left people in the dark. Those people are the true Israelites in this Journey. Unfortunately the Canadian immigration system still leaves a lot to be desired, they'll get better.
Keep hope alive! May the new bill favour us.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5454Darese: 9:49am On Jun 16, 2022
TWoods:

It isn’t nonsense. It’s a strategy to only select those who are best able to contribute to their society. What you must understand is that immigration rules are not meant for you, but for the host country.

Actually it’s nonsense, their provinces are already doing these effectively, federal government cannot be making such crucial decisions for provinces; provinces make these decisions better . This is just waste of resources and they are damaging the system more. However it’s their country, let them do whatever they like with it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5454Darese: 10:09am On Jun 16, 2022
aurorae1:

Oga calm down, no vex. People will only speak from where their own knowledge starts. Technically he's not wrong. Immigration rules aren't for you but for the host country or do you think Canada is letting so many in out of the mere goodness of their heart? No. There has to be something for the country to gain. It's a bitter pill but one you must swallow. What will happen will happen, you do have the right to not be happy about it though. Same thing happened to Australia and it's immigration process.
Besides if you follow IRCC, every 10 years or so, there a major change to the immigration policy or a reform made.

For the time and money you're talking about, this is the same IRCC that let people(they call them applications) wallow for almost two years, without substantial info about resumptions, dates etc just left people in the dark. Those people are the true Israelites in this Journey. Unfortunately the Canadian immigration system still leaves a lot to be desired, they'll get better.
Keep hope alive! May the new bill favour us.

Actually it’s nonsense, their provinces are already doing these effectively, federal government cannot be making such crucial decisions for provinces; provinces make these decisions better . This is just waste of resources and they are damaging the system more. Their federal government also have a very poor reputation when it comes to Imigration management/ performance (IRCC) go online and check the huge amount of applicants suing ircc every time compared to other countries; so why give the immigration minister of such incompetent department that much power?.However, it’s their country, let them do whatever they like with it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ChangetheChange: 10:14am On Jun 16, 2022
5454Darese:

Actually it’s nonsense, their provinces are already doing these. This is just waste of resources and they are damaging the system more. However it’s their country, let them do whatever they like with it.
grin grin grin
Na you go tell Canada Government say they are damaging a system they created and now try to modify in order address their Economic needs.
Naija una funny grin grin grin

Canada currently is having it's highest ever job vacancies rate, which stands at over 1 million job vacancies, and can only be filled with foreign workers who work in occupations in demands that contributed to those high job vacancies rate, and not by having a high CRS score, with job NOC that has very low job vacancies rate in Canada
Aside the plan to make Federal skilled workers ITAs to be by occupations in Demand, From this year till 2024, Overs 60% of express entry ITAs this will now come from PNPs and no more Federal skilled workers because the Provinces who are badly affected by this huge job vacancies will only invite express entry candidates whose profile meet their growing job needs in their respective provinces.
Change is Constant bro.

https://www.cicnews.com/2022/05/canada-reports-over-1-million-job-vacancies-0525804.html#gs.3rw88w

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5454Darese: 10:20am On Jun 16, 2022
ChangetheChange:

grin grin grin
Na you go tell Canada Government say they are damaging a system they created and now try to modify in order address their Economic needs.
Naija una funny grin grin grin

Canada currently is having it's highest ever job vacancies rate, which stands at over 1 million job vacancies, and can only be filled with foreign workers who work in occupations in demands that contributed to those high job vacancies rate, and not by having a high CRS score, with job NOC that has very low job vacancies rate in Canada
Aside the plan to make Federal skilled workers ITAs to be by occupations in Demand, From this year till 2024, Overs 60% of express entry ITAs this will now come from PNPs and no more Federal skilled workers because the Provinces who are badly affected by this huge job vacancies will only invite express entry candidates who profile meet the growing job needs in their respective provinces.
Change is Constant bro.

https://www.cicnews.com/2022/05/canada-reports-over-1-million-job-vacancies-0525804.html#gs.3rw88w

Lmfao, Mr/Mrs change management. So what are the provinces already doing? Can you explain to me the difference between what PNP is doing and the federal governments/ ircc current plan to grant ircc minister the power to choose via occupations? No one is saying changes shouldn’t happen, people are just saying this change is senseless. Even the ones provinces are doing have ircc finalised the applications? Go and research on the backlogs and all, the reasons why there are shortages in employees in certain fields is simply because there is a huge backlog that ircc has refused to finalise their applications, when they do the labour market will be relieved of the pressure.They should utilise the resources they want to waste on these, on restructuring ircc department, recruit competent staffs that are willing to work; to boost performance that’s what makes sense .

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Cannytravels: 10:25am On Jun 16, 2022
Please my profile expired today. Should i create another using same email address. Would they ask for old profile details? Do i need to log into my expired acct to create another one? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5454Darese: 10:27am On Jun 16, 2022
Cannytravels:
Please my profile expired today. Should i create another using same email address. Would they ask for old profile details? Do i need to log into my expired acct to create another one? Thanks in anticipation.

Create another one and just fill all the details they require truthfully.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aurorae1: 10:28am On Jun 16, 2022
5454Darese:

Actually it’s nonsense, their provinces are already doing these effectively, federal government cannot be making such crucial decisions for provinces; provinces make these decisions better . This is just waste of resources and they are damaging the system more. Their federal government also have a very poor reputation when it comes to Imigration management/ performance (IRCC) go online and check the huge amount of applicants suing ircc every time compared to other countries; so why give the immigration minister of such incompetent department that much power?.However, it’s their country, let them do whatever they like with it.

Your first sentence, that was the same line of thinking I had when I was having a constructive argument with someone.
Then I came to my senses, remembered that this is IRCC we're talking about, after all Mendicino did... Kept quiet and then ended up at your last sentence. It really is their country and it will favour those it will favour.
I will continue to say that if at the moment you have low points already and can do French, please do.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by olalekan9320(m): 10:30am On Jun 16, 2022
Francieuche:
After updating IELTS score how long does I take to reflect new scores..it's two days now old score still showing..please hear me out..is there something I didn't to right?
My old IELTS expires June 18 so I inputted a new one
did you transmit?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5454Darese: 10:33am On Jun 16, 2022
aurorae1:

Your first sentence, that was the same line of thinking I had when I was having a constructive argument with someone.
Then I came to my senses, remembered that this is IRCC we're talking about, after all Mendicino did... Kept quiet and then ended up at your last sentence. It really is their country and it will favour those it will favour.
I will continue to say that if at the moment you have low points already and can do French, please do.

Exactly what I was looking for , after what Mandicino did should an immigration minister of ircc ; a department known to perform woefully be given such huge power?
Yeah, it’s their country though, let’s see what happens next.
Amen oo May the journey favour everyone.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by olalekan9320(m): 10:38am On Jun 16, 2022
ChangetheChange:

See problem, Bill C-19 is already a done deal, July FSW ITA expect the unexpected
ITAs based on occupations rather than on high CRS scores

https://www.cicnews.com/2022/06/new-canadian-immigration-program-in-the-works-0626256.html#gs.3pqosp
that thing is still speculation. No one can tell till then
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ChangetheChange: 10:47am On Jun 16, 2022
As seen in the images below, these are the top job industry and occupations that currently are jobs in demand in Canada based on January 2022 to May 2022 on Canadian job trends portal.
Pay attention to occupations that that fall under Retail, health care, business, finance and admin occupations food services, accomodations they have very high job vacancies rate
Express Entry profiles under Several of this mentioned occupations are been nominated steadily under PNP since the start of the year.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 11:03am On Jun 16, 2022
1. First of all, we don't abuse, insult or swear for each other here, biko. Many other NL threads where people can go do that unlimited. Not here, please. We love to disagree and have opposing views, in fact quarrel and healthy banter are encouraged.

2. Economic immigration is mostly a one way street, made solely to benefit the host country. The benefit to the migrants is purely incidental.

3. Seize the day, change is inevitable. Take the example of extra CRS points from French which was increased in Oct 2020 from 30 to 50. We fought and argued here. Some people thought those who were learning French or could speak it were hyping the change and gloating over those who couldn't. Meanwhile, someone who stared DIY French in Oct 2020 would probably be at B2 level now and have the opportunity to get PNPs for second language skills. If truly NOC related draws are the way forward, then one option (in addtion to doing everything in one's power to max CRS) is to begin to investigate which NOCs are in demand and work towards getting a job in those areas....at least in a year's time you would have done 12 months and be able to list it as your primary NOC. I'm not suggesting it's a quick or easy thing to do, but it's something. If it turns out that the NOC thing doesn't materialise, you're still ok because you've embedded yourself in an NOC that may mean you get a job faster when you land.

4. It is a known fact that federal governments are less efficient than municipalities or provinces. A larger ship is harder and slower to turn, abi na steer dem dey talk. So no news there.

Stay hopeful, pray that the odds will favour you more often than not, but please do the needful.

Peace!

22 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Maplechick: 11:03am On Jun 16, 2022
You are the one that should calm down, I don't see anything wrong in what he said. The grouping stuff is just an addition to the existing FSW and CEC draws which is not even taking effect anytime soon. We can only pray that whatever dynamics the draws take should favour us, not by feeling entitled. Their country, their rules!
They aren't forcing you to come to their country so you really shouldn't be complaining about how much you have spent on this or that. **Peace**
Candboy:
bros calm down abeg... I don't want to talk anyhow to u this morning cus you'll hate yourself.. perhaps you've gotten ur ITA or even landed in Canada, thats why u talking goat talk. Do u know how much money have been spent on ielts alone, plus other stress that one has gone through only for them to just come up with this dirty idea! Why can't they atleast show consideration to people by giving long period of notice let's say one year so that people will be better prepared to adapt to Future changes... Not everyone has the money for this pursuit, some even had to borrow funds to push thier way forward, then you're giving public talk saying BLA BLA BLA like I don't know what u are saying... In life, consideration is a key factor, learn to put yourself in other's people shoe, make I for no swear for u this morning... Mtcheeeew. Pls allow people that have sense to talk abeg... Mtcheeww

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by dude420(m): 11:19am On Jun 16, 2022
nymphomaniac:

P

N

P
All this people pnp ? Thats a lot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ChangetheChange: 11:41am On Jun 16, 2022
GraciousWords:
1. First of all, we don't abuse, insult or swear for each other here, biko. Many other NL threads where people can go do that unlimited. Not here, please. We love to disagree and have opposing views, in fact quarrel and healthy banter are encouraged.

2. Economic immigration is mostly a one way street, made solely to benefit the host country. The benefit to the migrants is purely incidental.

3. Seize the day, change is inevitable. Take the example of extra CRS points from French which was increased in Oct 2020 from 30 to 50. We fought and argued here. Some people thought those who were learning French or could speak it were hyping the change and gloating over those who couldn't. Meanwhile, someone who stared DIY French in Oct 2020 would probably be at B2 level now and have the opportunity to get PNPs for second language skills. If truly NOC related draws are the way forward, then one option (in addtion to doing everything in one's power to max CRS) is to begin to investigate which NOCs are in demand and work towards getting a job in those areas....at least in a year's time you would have done 12 months and be able to list it as your primary NOC. I'm not suggesting it's a quick or easy thing to do, but it's something. If it turns out that the NOC thing doesn't materialise, you're still ok because you've embedded yourself in an NOC that may mean you get a job faster when you land.

4. It is a known fact that federal governments are less efficient than municipalities or provinces. A larger ship is harder and slower to turn. So no news there.

Stay hopeful, pray that the odds will favour you more often than not, but please do the needful.

Peace!
Nice suggestions.
Also I would advise other express entry hopefuls, to go and learn French, cos part of the express entry changes coming, will make some draws to be French Language specific draws where ITAs will only be issued to French speaking candidates.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 11:43am On Jun 16, 2022
you can use the same gckey account to create a new profile. when you login, you'll see the expired profile. You just have to click "apply to come to Canada" in your current profile to start a new application.

Cannytravels:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MrPein: 11:45am On Jun 16, 2022
Professionals have sat down and deliberated on new immigration policies in line with their country's future economic goals and objectives, so no amount of bickering will change this. It is out of our control. So please we shouldn't insult one another cos of things we have no control over.

Immigration policies will not favour everyone. Sad, but this is the truth. Just like how the UK immigration favours mostly those in the health industry. It is also likewise for many other countries. It is annoying, understandably, but please get over it.

Focus. Let us not direct our energies to things we can not change. Rather, focus on things you can do to better position yourself and boost your chances of getting an ITA. Remember, it is your future and no one elses. Do your part. Do your best. And always remain hopeful.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nymphomaniac(m): 11:49am On Jun 16, 2022
So TEF loading for me. Abeg who will teach me French?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Francieuche: 11:50am On Jun 16, 2022
olalekan9320:
did you transmit?
How.do i transmit pls
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Haircombb: 12:09pm On Jun 16, 2022
Redkay:

I got this email from VFS this morning. Does this mean it has gotten to VFS Lagos or it’s still in Accra

I just got this mail too an hout ago. Our passports will arrive Lagos soon.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 12:10pm On Jun 16, 2022
Somethings happen in life and my takeaway from Canadian express entry program is to be proactive and quick. I knew about express entry in 2017/2018 but did nothing till the naira crashed to 500 in 2020. I wrote IELtS in November 2020 and got ITA on nov 18. I contemplated rejecting the ITA as I didn’t think I’ll be ready to submit an application in two months but someone on naira land asked me to accept it as the application submission time was now three months.
I submitted my application in February 2021 and received remedical request in February 2022. Passport request email came the same day my medicals was uploaded.
The process of submitting my passport looked tedious and I was a bit hesitant as the process involved posting my passport to accra but I summoned courage to do it before the 30 day deadline. I received my passport back on March 28 2022.
Looking at the exchange rate and the fear of losing my savings to rent and other expenses in Canada I began applying for jobs. Target was 10 applications a day. It was stressful as I had to stay up at nights to attend interviews and for some roles I had as many as four interviews via zoom/teams. Live coding and project based tasks but luckily got two job offers both offering over c$100,000k. Out of fear I negotiated to be allowed to resume after a month as opposed to the two weeks they requested. The fear of leaving Lagos , friends and family within just a short period of time. The four weeks came by so quickly and To be honest I was sad the day I was leaving (fear of unknown). I did not sell any item (car , electronics, furniture). I simply left as my rent runs till December and I knew I was going to start earning $$$ in 2 weeks . I simply applied for PTA and got $4,000.
A day after I landed I queued up for 5 hours to get the social insurance number which my employer had previously requested in one of the forms they sent to me. Resumed work in Toronto and settling in really well with a supportive boss and team members . I’m also very glad that I made this move .
From my observation cost of living in toronto is higher than Nigeria. Approved PR’s should consider getting a job before coming here. These days most candidates who get a remedical request have about 11-12 months to land. Consider using that time to get a job instead of just jumping on the aircraft. I’ve seen people sell all they’ve worked for in Nigeria and come here without an income then start spending proceeds from the sale of their assets. Continuity is more profitable than starting from the scratch especially if you’ve worked for more than a few years .

Waiting for the PR card to come through after which I’ll visit family in Nigeria sometime in October.

On the other hand the PR process is now much more competitive than it was 4 years ago . The Canadian government have a larger pool of candidates from many countries trying to come in. I encourage as many Nigerians and Africans I know to consider improving their scores and applying as the Asians are taking better advantage of the program than Nigerians are. A lot of Nigerians came here via the study route to escape but ended up being unable to afford their fees and have no immigration status. The power of planning should not be underrated.

Thanks to everyone who posted on this blog information that was beneficial to all prospective express entry applicants.

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Adex2442: 12:16pm On Jun 16, 2022
Pls I need IELTS practice videos
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5454Darese: 12:21pm On Jun 16, 2022
Haircombb:

I just got this mail too an hout ago. Our passports will arrive Lagos soon.

Hi, congratulations!!! did you later get any notification from vfs that it was received and processing at ircc before you got this one? If yes when did you get delivered and processing notification/email?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Candboy: 12:43pm On Jun 16, 2022
Maplechick:
You are the one that should calm down, I don't see anything wrong in what he said. The grouping stuff is just an addition to the existing FSW and CEC draws which is not even taking effect anytime soon. We can only pray that whatever dynamics the draws take should favour us, not by feeling entitled. Their country, their rules!
They aren't forcing you to come to their country so you really shouldn't be complaining about how much you have spent on this or that. **Peace**
be speaking english there... like I told u it my country abi? Read to understand not to reply.... nobody spoke about being entitled here... i used the word reasonable if u dont understand what that means kindly use ur dico. They created a system which we are trying to follow, now they suddenly want to change part, dont that calls for human conscience and consideration.... Maybe u dont have conscience sha. Read well again, i mentioned that they could also give long period for people to to be aware hitherto, so that acclimatization to the new system wont be a problem. So next time, read to understand not to reply.... im not angry, afterall u called ursef a chick.... mtcheeeeew
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Candboy: 12:45pm On Jun 16, 2022
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Talksub(m): 1:12pm On Jun 16, 2022
Hello I have a question. Will you be required to do a new biometric for permanent, if you already have a valid Biometric via your TRV application??

Can Someone use the biometric done for TRV to apply for PR . Or the person will need to give a new biometric??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Haircombb: 1:20pm On Jun 16, 2022
5454Darese:

Hi, congratulations!!! did you later get any notification from vfs that it was received and processing at ircc before you got this one? If yes when did you get delivered and processing notification/email?

I didn't get any notification that it has been received at IRCC for processing. I only got a notification that it was in transit to IRCC. Then got a mail this morning that it has been received at Canada visa application centre.

Checked my account and saw that counterfoil has been generated.

I guess they are not updating us at every step.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Maplechick: 1:24pm On Jun 16, 2022
Work on your attitude...I have nothing to say to you than that...Goodluck with your Canada hustle...
Candboy:
be speaking english there... like I told u it my country abi? Read to understand not to reply.... nobody spoke about being entitled here... i used the word reasonable if u dont understand what that means kindly use ur dico. They created a system which we are trying to follow, now they suddenly want to change part, dont that calls for human conscience and consideration.... Maybe u dont have conscience sha. Read well again, i mentioned that they could also give long period for people to to be aware hitherto, so that acclimatization to the new system wont be a problem. So next time, read to understand not to reply.... im not angry, afterall u called ursef a chick.... mtcheeeeew

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 1:39pm On Jun 16, 2022
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Francieuche: 1:42pm On Jun 16, 2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (637) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

Viewing this topic: Dauphine and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.