Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1050637 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (631) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by jasperonyx: 12:14pm On Jun 19, 2022
Samuelobiora19:

Plz let me get this well: You got ITA with your spouse as unaccompanied, then you got PPR as unaccompanied, sent a webform to add your spouse post-PPR, then your spouse was added without them requesting for IELTS and ECA.. Things are Happening
quote me when he gives you an answer,amu interested in his explanation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ezeudo99: 12:28pm On Jun 19, 2022
Francieuche:
Please I need advice
I got admission to do nursing in New Brunswick
I have a Bsc.Plant Biology and Biotechnology
MSC.Botany
Now some people told me I shouldn't bother to apply for study visa that I won't get the visa,that it is Clear I want to run away so The visa officers would refuse me...I shouldn't bother .... am confused should I decline the admission..pls hear me out...I am not running away
Pls i need input

I read in your previous post that you are looking for tips on how to get a funding for PhD. I can share my letters with you because I studied Biotechnogy, it helped me secure full funding.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by jasperonyx: 12:28pm On Jun 19, 2022
MrWalterW83:
Hello everyone. This is a follow-up to some questions I asked previously and I appreciate your answers then. Like I said then, I studied engineering and I served for a year in the engineering department of a ministry. For close to 4 years now I've been managing my family business. It is actually a pure water company. Initially I was doing it for free, but I recently started receiving payment for the work I am doing there so as to begin to build a salary trail for myself. The amount I'm being paid from the company is N200k. Thus, I have a couple of questions:
1) Can a pure water company be accepted as a legitimate company for the purposes of Canadian immigration?
2) Is the N200k excessive to receive as salary for managing such a company?
3) Is there a NOC for business management or something similar?
4) Does it matter that it is a family-owned company? Any letter (such as recommendation letter) would be written by Dad and that would make the relationship between us obvious as it would show we share a surname.
s) Can you use experience from 2 totally different jobs? For example could I use one year of my engineering experience at the ministry and combine that with the couple of years at my family's company?
6) If question 5 above is possible, how does that affect the NOC you're supposed to pick? I believe you're limited to choosing just one NOC. Does that mean that you select a NOC that covers one of the 2 jobs while ignoring the other one?

I apologise if some of these questions have been previously answered here and I thank you in advance for your replies.
start from page one, but I will give you little answer, people have successfully gotten their PPR even when they are the owner of the company they claimed Noc for,so the relationship don't matter.
Go and check for Noc that fell under buisness management, the Noc you claim must not be what you study.
Pure water buisness is good, you manage the buisness, making sure people have access to clean water.
You already have four years work experience with the company,so go with the family company.
I just gave you a hint of more that you will know when you read from page 1, I was confused on the work experience too,so I understand you.
Being new here also, patiently read,you will get your answers.
Just start with getting your university results evaluation,if it is just one degree,and no master,you need to work on getting additional degree,I think there are certificate you can get in a year or less,to give you good point,get your English result ready.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Immortalregis: 1:59pm On Jun 19, 2022
Hello guys. This is a one-week observation post.
P. S. "Canadian" in this post means regional e.g Ontario, Alberta etc. I'm currently in Ontario but I imagine the process is similar for all other regions.
P. S. 2 These are my personal opinions.

Please, please and please, getting a Nigerian driver's license is just as important as your ECA or reference letters as it reduces the waiting period to get a Canadian driver's license. Even if you don't plan to drive immediately you land here, just have it at the back of your mind that you will get a Canadian driver's license as soon as you land. The license gives you a huge advantage. Commuting exclusively by bus or train is not for the faint-hearted, so getting a car is pretty much a necessity if you don't work from home or you work even 1km away from your home.
This is my testimony as a proud owner of a Leggedis-Benz 2022 model (full option) cool. Yesterday morning, I went to a place that was 40 minutes away from me by bus. I had to take 3 buses to get there. I followed Google Maps religiously, took the first 2 buses and landed at the final bus stop. As my village people would have it, the final bus was delayed by just under 15 minutes so I had to wait at that busstop. Temperature was a solid 11 degrees inside bright sun and mad winds!! Mehn, wetin my fingers see for those 15 mins, my mouth no fit talk am!!! Abi na the breeze own I wan talk?? If I didn't eat that morning, I swear, that breeze for carry me go. Only 1 thought kept playing in my head - "What if this was winter?"
I got home last night and started studying the official Ontario driver's handbook. It's free on the Ontario website in case you have less than 2 years driving experience and you want to start practicing for the written test BEFORE you land here. Them no dey tell person. grin grin

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Teeores(m): 6:47pm On Jun 19, 2022
Please is the Nigeria Driver's Licence enough in Canada or should the international drivers license also be gotten?

Immortalregis:
P. S. "Canadian" in this post means regional e.g Ontario, Alberta etc. I'm currently in Ontario but I imagine the process is similar for all other regions.

Please, please and please, getting a Nigerian driver's license is just as important as your ECA or reference letters as it reduces the waiting period to get a Canadian driver's license. Even if you don't plan to drive immediately you land here, just have it at the back of your mind that you will get a Canadian driver's license as soon as you land. The license gives you a huge advantage. Commuting exclusively by bus or train is not for the faint-hearted, so getting a car is pretty much a necessity if you don't work from home or you work even 1km away from your home.
This is my testimony as a proud owner of a Leggedis-Benz 2022 model (full option) cool. Yesterday morning, I went to a place that was 40 minutes away from me by bus. I had to take 3 buses to get there. I followed Google Maps religiously, took the first 2 buses and landed at the final bus stop. As my village people would have it, the final bus was delayed by just under 15 minutes so I had to wait at that busstop. Temperature was a solid 11 degrees inside bright sun and mad winds!! Mehn, wetin my fingers see for those 15 mins, my mouth no fit talk am!!! Abi na the breeze own I wan talk?? If I didn't eat that morning, I swear, that breeze for carry me go. Only 1 thought kept playing in my head - "What if this was winter?"
I got home last night and started studying the official Ontario driver's handbook. It's free on the Ontario website in case you have less than 2 years driving experience and you want to start practicing for the written test BEFORE you land here. Them no dey tell person. grin grin

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nymphomaniac(m): 7:57pm On Jun 19, 2022
I need French materials for TEF. Can anyone pls send? Veritasandcaritaslp@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Bellatrixx: 9:44pm On Jun 19, 2022
5454Darese:

How long did vfs courier take to deliver your passport to your address?

Sadly they’re yet to deliver, maybe they’ll this week.

Sent a mail with the filled consent form and payment details on Monday 13th June (a public holiday), got a mail it’s been couriered from vfs lagos on “vide courier partner” on Wednesday 15th. Awaiting delivery.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 10:42pm On Jun 19, 2022
Teeores:
Please is the Nigeria Driver's Licence enough in Canada or should the international drivers license also be gotten?

international drivers license is not for PR but long term visitors . Nigerian licence plus driving extract ( depending on province)

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Redkay: 11:31pm On Jun 19, 2022
Solidcitizen:
Good evening house...please I have a few questions on passport stamping.

1. I plan to send my passport through VFS Lagos. Do I have to pay the transmission fee if I did my biometrics in the Lagos office? I still have the white slips we were given during biometrics.

2. I am sending passports for a family of 3. Can I use a single envelope for all our passports/documents?

Did your child do biometrics with you? If not, you’ll have to pay for your child. This is one of the things that delayed my passport

Yes you can use a single envelope
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Solidcitizen: 11:43pm On Jun 19, 2022
Redkay:

Did your child do biometrics with you? If not, you’ll have to pay for your child. This is one of the things that delayed my passport

Yes you can use a single envelope

Many thanks for this. My child didn’t do biometrics.

Please what are the other things that could delay my passport apart from non-payment of the transmission fees?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Clicked: 12:21am On Jun 20, 2022
nymphomaniac:
I need French materials for TEF. Can anyone pls send? Veritasandcaritaslp@gmail.com

You can check the TEF thread. There are loads of resources available there.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5454Darese: 12:31am On Jun 20, 2022
Bellatrixx:

Sadly they’re yet to deliver, maybe they’ll this week.

Sent a mail with the filled consent form and payment details on Monday 13th June (a public holiday), got a mail it’s been couriered from vfs lagos on “vide courier partner” on Wednesday 15th. Awaiting delivery.

Wow, that’s so bad of vfs Nigeria. best thing is to do 2 way courier then. Also which email did you send the consent form and Payment details to? Please keep me updated when they do so that I will know how long it takes.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Teeores(m): 3:22am On Jun 20, 2022
Thanks for your response ednut1. I'm moving to Ontario. Do you know if the extract is needed there and how to get it if so?

ednut1:
international drivers license is not for PR but long term visitors . Nigerian licence plus driving extract ( depending on province)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by SirKelvegaz: 10:05am On Jun 20, 2022
10 Days till July! wink

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tpetos(m): 10:36am On Jun 20, 2022
Do you know if a laminated copy of the license can be used along side the driving extract/reference from FRSC. Asking this for someone who lost his original license.

ednut1:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by o9o9: 10:46am On Jun 20, 2022
Immortalregis:

Sun was high but the kain breeze wey dey blow cold air. Felt like i was embalmed inside deep freezer. Mine was complicated by wifey saying i shouldn't carry my sweater that the sun is high and i would look odd at the park.

Omo... I have running nose from Saturday till now.

We took Uber back but even during the 7mins wait time for the uber. Person don freeze finish.

Getting a car is a must if you need to be going round.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Rapture07: 11:09am On Jun 20, 2022
After infant is added to application are they suppose to do biometrics?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 11:16am On Jun 20, 2022
Rapture07:
After infant is added to application are they suppose to do biometrics?

Children under the age of 14 do not need to give biometrics, so baby is exempt.

Read here and click on "exemptions": https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 11:18am On Jun 20, 2022
nymphomaniac:

https://www.nairaland.com/4672912/all-tef-candidates-canada-immigration#70227147
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by olajames11: 11:22am On Jun 20, 2022
Dear Everyone,

Please I need guidance/advice. I received Pre-Arrival letter and another attachment that says "Request Letter". In my mind, I thought it is PPR but only to discover that it is GCMS Notes which I did not request/apply for. It also contains several other people's information. I am wondering could it be that the intention was to attach PPR given the caption "Request letter" . I have since raised a webform but haven't heard from them.

Please advise on what i should do.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 11:51am On Jun 20, 2022
tpetos:
Do you know if a laminated copy of the license can be used along side the driving extract/reference from FRSC. Asking this for someone who lost his original license.

you need the original drivers license
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 11:52am On Jun 20, 2022
Teeores:
Thanks for your response ednut1. I'm moving to Ontario. Do you know if the extract is needed there and how to get it if so?

yes it’s required. You get the letter from frsc,

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Clairita: 12:24pm On Jun 20, 2022
Good day all.

Is there any support group for this Canada express entry?. I don't really know where to start from. I could only check eligibility for just age and work experience. Please I need you guys to put me through. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zeewirld: 12:39pm On Jun 20, 2022
Clairita:
Good day all.

Is there any support group for this Canada express entry?. I don't really know where to start from. I could only check eligibility for just age and work experience. Please I need you guys to put me through. Thank you
..Start from beginning.This journey abhor laziness .As such,you need to read widely and ask questions if you encounter any challenge on the path
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Immortalregis: 12:55pm On Jun 20, 2022
Teeores:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Immortalregis: 12:57pm On Jun 20, 2022
o9o9:

Sun was high but the kain breeze wey dey blow cold air. Felt like i was embalmed inside deep freezer. Mine was complicated by wifey saying i shouldn't carry my sweater that the sun is high and i would look odd at the park.

Omo... I have running nose from Saturday till now.

We took Uber back but even during the 7mins wait time for the uber. Person don freeze finish.

grin Sorry for the running nose. We too will soon get used to the weather.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Immortalregis: 1:04pm On Jun 20, 2022
Immortalregis:

From my understanding of what's on the official Ontario website, there are 2 licensing scenarios:
1. Your driving experience is less than 2 years: You will take a written test then take a g1 drive test as soon as you have two year's driving experience. i.e. Your naija license is 8-months old so you take the written test and wait for 4 months before taking the road test that qualifies you for a g2 license. I believe you can take the road test immediately if you have more than one year's experience.
2. You have more than 2 years driving experience: With that you can take the full G license road test.
You get your license when you pass the road test and in both cases you have to show them your original license and FRSC extract for viewing.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Rapture07: 1:41pm On Jun 20, 2022
GraciousWords:

Children under the age of 14 do not need to give biometrics, so baby is exempt.

Read here and click on "exemptions": https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html

Danke
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by oppytexu: 2:00pm On Jun 20, 2022
My beautiful story to Maple Land of the King's.

It all started in 2015 when I applied for study visa Humber college. Visa denied reason no strong home tiles and purpose of study.

2015 sept. I reapplied again this time Fanshawe college post graduate diploma resumption January.
After 3 months we were called for medicals, Normal thing then visa is ready then to our surprises after one month refusal letter again, I almost lost my mind I gave up on traveling I saw it as time waster. Called for tuition refund then I got married.
Then in 2017 immediate elder brother move to Canada through express entry from UK. Then the ginger started again.

First IELTS - sept 2018
2nd - IELTS - Dec. 2020
ITA - Dec 2020 (the last FSW draw )
AOR - Jan 30th 2021

Long silence till march 26th 2022
Adr - Re-medicals , police report & Schedule A.
Medical done on 7th April
15th April Adr & medical submitted
22nd April Medical pass
9th May passport request at about 4pm Nigeria time.
Passport submitted on 13th May to Vfs Poland through DHL.
Counterflow generated on 20th May.
Passport picked up 27th May
Booked Ethiopia airline for 17th June only to get to airport and met village people waiting there, issue (surname was used as middle name) 400k ticket when down the rail. You know that feeling seeing your partner already checked in and I couldn't fly. Another hustle for next ticket then I dey see one million for one way to Toronto no flight to Edmonton till July 2. God forbid bad thing. I sharply call my elder brother in Canada God bless him for me. He was able to get another ticket with Ethiopia for 580k to Toronto but the problem is Toronto to Edmonton is another 500k ���. That's how i end up paying 1.1m for a fresh ticket just to japa. This japa thing isn't for the soft hearted.

Finally Ethiopia flight sha dey okay but not so comfortable, I used 3bottle of wine to calm my nerves from Lagos to Addis Ababa, to Toronto and Toronto to Edmonton was the last wahala 1:20pm flight change to 5:55pm I was angry but the view in Toronto was beautiful. Should I talk about the train from terminal 1 to 3 or different elevator and long walk to boarding gate B3?? Then getting to Edmonton at 9pm and it seems like afternoon because it's summer and the beautiful layout and silent Edmonton so pleasing. I got home to a welcome party / father's Day celebration. The journey is long but it worth it ... In all I thank God for all he have done for those still in pool and those battling IELTS abeg stay strong and be intentional you will get it. I feel calm leaving Naija knowing it's better security out here. Should be resting today but going to get my SIN and do bank stuff coz I have one interview tonight.

21 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Mikeyoliver247: 2:50pm On Jun 20, 2022
For those heading to Edmonton, this is your plug for airport pickup, pre- landing accommodation services and for those who want to host an event in Edmonton
Darelogistics will do the magic for you.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Remicynt(f): 3:18pm On Jun 20, 2022
Exactly I added my daughter and spouse
Samuelobiora19:

Plz let me get this well: You got ITA with your spouse as unaccompanied, then you got PPR as unaccompanied, sent a webform to add your spouse post-PPR, then your spouse was added without them requesting for IELTS and ECA.. Things are Happening
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Haircombb: 3:46pm On Jun 20, 2022
5454Darese:

Wow, that’s so bad of vfs Nigeria. best thing is to do 2 way courier then. Also which email did you send the consent form and Payment details to? Please keep me updated when they do so that I will know how long it takes.

I just received a mail that my passport has been received at Lagos VFS. Do I need to send DHL a consent form to pick it up? Or will they contact DHL to pick it up themselves?

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (631) (Reply)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

Viewing this topic: maco22(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.