Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,100 members, 7,835,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1071253 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (637) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5454Darese: 4:17pm On Jun 20, 2022
Haircombb:

I just received a mail that my passport has been received at Lagos VFS. Do I need to send DHL a consent form to pick it up? Or will they contact DHL to pick it up themselves?

If you didn’t do 2 way courier initially they will send you an email with those details and you will then make payment and revert to them. If you did 2 way courier just request your courier do the pickup.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by soulmate19: 4:19pm On Jun 20, 2022
Congratulations
Thank God for soft landing

oppytexu:
My beautiful story to Maple Land of the King's.

It all started in 2015 when I applied for study visa Humber college. Visa denied reason no strong home tiles and purpose of study.

Then getting to Edmonton at 9pm and it seems like afternoon because it's summer and the beautiful layout and silent Edmonton so pleasing. I got home to a welcome party / father's Day celebration. The journey is long but it worth it ... In all I thank God for all he have done for those still in pool and those battling IELTS abeg stay strong and be intentional you will get it. I feel calm leaving Naija knowing it's better security out here. Should be resting today but going to get my SIN and do bank stuff coz I have one interview tonight.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by shutupareyouGOD: 4:36pm On Jun 20, 2022
What was your csr score pls
oppytexu:
My beautiful story to Maple Land of the King's.

It all started in 2015 when I applied for study visa Humber college. Visa denied reason no strong home tiles and purpose of study.

2015 sept. I reapplied again this time Fanshawe college post graduate diploma resumption January.
After 3 months we were called for medicals, Normal thing then visa is ready then to our surprises after one month refusal letter again, I almost lost my mind I gave up on traveling I saw it as time waster. Called for tuition refund then I got married.
Then in 2017 immediate elder brother move to Canada through express entry from UK. Then the ginger started again.

First IELTS - sept 2018
2nd - IELTS - Dec. 2020
ITA - Dec 2020 (the last FSW draw )
AOR - Jan 30th 2021

Long silence till march 26th 2022
Adr - Re-medicals , police report & Schedule A.
Medical done on 7th April
15th April Adr & medical submitted
22nd April Medical pass
9th May passport request at about 4pm Nigeria time.
Passport submitted on 13th May to Vfs Poland through DHL.
Counterflow generated on 20th May.
Passport picked up 27th May
Booked Ethiopia airline for 17th June only to get to airport and met village people waiting there, issue (surname was used as middle name) 400k ticket when down the rail. You know that feeling seeing your partner already checked in and I couldn't fly. Another hustle for next ticket then I dey see one million for one way to Toronto no flight to Edmonton till July 2. God forbid bad thing. I sharply call my elder brother in Canada God bless him for me. He was able to get another ticket with Ethiopia for 580k to Toronto but the problem is Toronto to Edmonton is another 500k ���. That's how i end up paying 1.1m for a fresh ticket just to japa. This japa thing isn't for the soft hearted.

Finally Ethiopia flight sha dey okay but not so comfortable, I used 3bottle of wine to calm my nerves from Lagos to Addis Ababa, to Toronto and Toronto to Edmonton was the last wahala 1:20pm flight change to 5:55pm I was angry but the view in Toronto was beautiful. Should I talk about the train from terminal 1 to 3 or different elevator and long walk to boarding gate B3?? Then getting to Edmonton at 9pm and it seems like afternoon because it's summer and the beautiful layout and silent Edmonton so pleasing. I got home to a welcome party / father's Day celebration. The journey is long but it worth it ... In all I thank God for all he have done for those still in pool and those battling IELTS abeg stay strong and be intentional you will get it. I feel calm leaving Naija knowing it's better security out here. Should be resting today but going to get my SIN and do bank stuff coz I have one interview tonight.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Haircombb: 4:36pm On Jun 20, 2022
5454Darese:

If you didn’t do 2 way courier initially they will send you an email with those details and you will then make payment and revert to them. If you did 2 way courier just request your courier do the pickup.

I did 2 way courier. I just got a mail that the passport has been collected from Lagos VFS. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by shutupareyouGOD: 4:38pm On Jun 20, 2022
Is this not a good score…pls you ppl should Ans him oh let me know if I should do tef…because my score is 380
braine:
My IELTS result came in today LRWS 8.5, 8.5 ,7,7. I just weak. CRS score now is 464, losing points after birthday (31).

Do you guys think I should request for a remark for WS? Is there a chance of the speaking and writing increasing the band to 7.5 so I can max out the remaining 6 points? Before I waste 27k on the remark.

I don tire. I cannot take this exam again. Any hope with that 464 score if the maxing out doesnt work?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by musspuss: 4:40pm On Jun 20, 2022
Please for those who got Passport Renewal request, once the new passport is ready, do you scan and upload ALL the pages or just the biodata page?

Thank you very much in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Teeores(m): 4:44pm On Jun 20, 2022
Well noted.

The "oga" at FRSC wants to charge me 30k for my driving record. Is this the typical fee? Cause I'm shocked!!!

ednut1:
yes it’s required. You get the letter from frsc,
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by overlord77: 5:00pm On Jun 20, 2022
Teeores:
Well noted.

The "oga" at FRSC wants to charge me 30k for my driving record. Is this the typical fee? Cause I'm shocked!!!

It's not the normal or official fee but that's what they collect. My elder brother paid same when he requested for it in January 2022. I guess they have seen another avenue to make money. Typical black man things, lol

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 5:37pm On Jun 20, 2022
Teeores:
Well noted.

the guys in that department 6k to 10k. Other frsc staff 20k to 30k. grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Teeores(m): 5:38pm On Jun 20, 2022
Ok thanks for the info. I guess it is what it is.

overlord77:

It's not the normal or official fee but that's what they collect. My elder brother paid same when he requested for it in January 2022. I guess they have seen another avenue to make money. Typical black man things, lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Teeores(m): 5:41pm On Jun 20, 2022
Na real wa! Guess I'll just have to pay it cause I cannot stress abeg. Make I collect wetin I need conclude my japa undecided

ednut1:
the guys in that department 6k to 10k. Other frsc staff 20k to 30k. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 7:27pm On Jun 20, 2022
musspuss:
Please for those who got Passport Renewal request, once the new passport is ready, do you scan and upload ALL the pages or just the biodata page?

Thank you very much in advance.

Just biodata page unless you used it already and other pages have stamps.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 7:33pm On Jun 20, 2022
cool

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by lentomac: 7:55pm On Jun 20, 2022
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by musspuss: 7:59pm On Jun 20, 2022
Got it, thank you so much.

GraciousWords:

Just biodata page unless you used it already and other pages have stamps.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Mysha03: 8:42pm On Jun 20, 2022
Hello everyone, I was sent this tonight and I’m not sure how to go about it. Is there a document to be filled?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Bellatrixx: 10:31pm On Jun 20, 2022
5454Darese:

Wow, that’s so bad of vfs Nigeria. best thing is to do 2 way courier then. Also which email did you send the consent form and Payment details to? Please keep me updated when they do so that I will know how long it takes.

So, passport delivered today, takes 2-3 working days after pick up it seems. They partnered with UPS.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5454Darese: 11:53pm On Jun 20, 2022
Bellatrixx:

So, passport delivered today, takes 2-3 working days after pick up it seems. They partnered with UPS.

Okay that’s awesome, thank you very much for the update. Congratulations one more!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Immortalregis: 12:44am On Jun 21, 2022
GraciousWords:

smiley cheesy grin

And when small rain fall here, na so we go commot cardigan....btw which time summer dey start gan gan? I mean 27 degree weather, no be this June?? cool
The summer na audio o! cry cry cry. They said we're still in spring sha so let's hope for the best. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I miss that scorching Nigerian sun that can fry 3 eggs!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Goodnew13: 1:48am On Jun 21, 2022
Hello Everyone,

Please I need your advise.

I recently wrote IELTS and scored a band 8 (L8.5, R8.0, W7, S7.5).

I am planning to evaluate my certificate, and this is where I need advise. I have ND, HND and PGD, and I'll be seeking provincial nomination because age is not on my side like that.

Now, is it OK to evaluate just my PGD alone or I need to evaluate all ?

Note: I have my PGD certificate ready, but I'll need to apply for the ND and HND, and thinking of how long it might take, I am seriously considering just going with the PGD alone. But then, I want to be sure I am making the right choice here.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by canadaishome: 4:22am On Jun 21, 2022
oppytexu:

Long silence till march 26th 2022
Adr - Re-medicals , police report & Schedule A.
Medical done on 7th April
15th April Adr & medical submitted
22nd April Medical pass
9th May passport request at about 4pm Nigeria time.
Passport submitted on 13th May to Vfs Poland through DHL.
Counterflow generated on 20th May.
Passport picked up 27th May
Booked Ethiopia airline for 17th June only to get to airport and met village people waiting there, issue (surname was used as middle name) 400k ticket when down the rail. You know that feeling seeing your partner already checked in and I couldn't fly. Another hustle for next ticket then I dey see one million for one way to Toronto no flight to Edmonton till July 2. God forbid bad thing. I sharply call my elder brother in Canada God bless him for me. He was able to get another ticket with Ethiopia for 580k to Toronto but the problem is Toronto to Edmonton is another 500k ���. That's how i end up paying 1.1m for a fresh ticket just to japa. This japa thing isn't for the soft hearted.

Finally Ethiopia flight sha dey okay but not so comfortable, I used 3bottle of wine to calm my nerves from Lagos to Addis Ababa, to Toronto and Toronto to Edmonton was the last wahala 1:20pm flight change to 5:55pm I was angry but the view in Toronto was beautiful. Should I talk about the train from terminal 1 to 3 or different elevator and long walk to boarding gate B3?? Then getting to Edmonton at 9pm and it seems like afternoon because it's summer and the beautiful layout and silent Edmonton so pleasing. I got home to a welcome party / father's Day celebration. The journey is long but it worth it ... In all I thank God for all he have done for those still in pool and those battling IELTS abeg stay strong and be intentional you will get it. I feel calm leaving Naija knowing it's better security out here. Should be resting today but going to get my SIN and do bank stuff coz I have one interview tonight.

Congratulations on your landing

Please state the process on sending to vfs Poland
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5454Darese: 6:10am On Jun 21, 2022
Goodnew13:
Hello Everyone,

Please I need your advise.

I recently wrote IELTS and scored a band 8 (L8.5, R8.0, W7, S7.5).

I am planning to evaluate my certificate, and this is where I need advise. I have ND, HND and PGD, and I'll be seeking provincial nomination because age is not on my side like that.

Now, is it OK to evaluate just my PGD alone or I need to evaluate all ?

Note: I have my PGD certificate ready, but I'll need to apply for the ND and HND, and thinking of how long it might take, I am seriously considering just going with the PGD alone. But then, I want to be sure I am making the right choice here.

Thank you.

Evaluate all, note that one of your program has to be 3 years at least to be qualified for 2 or more certificate 128 points.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Clairita: 6:42am On Jun 21, 2022
Good morning all,

Please which certification course do you suggest I do to increase my chances. I only have my B.Sc

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Redkay: 7:28am On Jun 21, 2022
Solidcitizen:

Many thanks for this. My child didn’t do biometrics.

Please what are the other things that could delay my passport apart from non-payment of the transmission fees?

Nothing else. Except VFS Lagos, IRCC Ghana or DHL decides to move mad
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Rapture07: 8:26am On Jun 21, 2022
Hi guys. So while my application is currently still in progress, I moved to another country and have been there for more than 6 months. I informed IRCC about the change in address, which has been updated on my account already. Now the question is this, should I go ahead and apply for PCC and send via webform or should I wait for IRCC to request for it. This pcc dey fear me because my last application which was march 2020 was refused because of this pcc wahala.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5454Darese: 8:48am On Jun 21, 2022
Rapture07:
Hi guys. So while my application is currently still in progress, I moved to another country and have been there for more than 6 months. I informed IRCC about the change in address, which has been updated on my account already. Now the question is this, should I go ahead and apply for PCC and send via webform or should I wait for IRCC to request for it. This pcc dey fear me because my last application which was march 2020 was refused because of this pcc wahala.

Go ahead and send it together with schedule A and travel history
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by SirKelvegaz: 9:44am On Jun 21, 2022
9 Days till July!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by efeu: 9:44am On Jun 21, 2022
Redkay:

Nothing else. Except VFS Lagos, IRCC Ghana or DHL decides to move mad

Just realized I didn't pay the transmission fee for my child. How did you go about it after paying? did you call VFS?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5454Darese: 11:17am On Jun 21, 2022
J
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5454Darese: 11:18am On Jun 21, 2022
efeu:

Just realized I didn't pay the transmission fee for my child. How did you go about it after paying? did you call VFS?

I am not sure if you have to pay transmission fee separate for your children, if it’s compulsory then Hurry up, pay and send receipt to their Email address. Which of the VFS though and when did you submit?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Cutiepie123: 11:21am On Jun 21, 2022
Hello house, does anyone here have the experience of su bmitting passport with only 6 months validity? I need advice olss

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (637) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

Viewing this topic: aestake, Cest2023 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.