Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,824 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1044147 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (629) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 1:12pm On Nov 24, 2021
it's very possible but nothing to be terrified about except the long wait time.

my file was moved there from sydney vo
Icicles:
Hello house,

For clarity, when a PR applicant with Ottawa VO raises a webform to include a spouse, is the application moved to Accra VO?

I heard this and I was terrified.

Please is this true?

Seniors in the house @ednut @graciouswords
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Icicles: 1:42pm On Nov 24, 2021
@Dimple10 @ednut1 lol

It's the long wait time I am terrified off!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Queenhadassah: 2:15pm On Nov 24, 2021
Dimple10:
adult is now 40k at qlife last i checked. can't say for child.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by olaintel(m): 3:33pm On Nov 24, 2021
I pray my IELTS will not go on waste..........

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 3:37pm On Nov 24, 2021
Icicles:
@Dimple10 @ednut1 lol

It's the long wait time I am terrified off!
everyone is currently facing a long wait time

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 4:39pm On Nov 24, 2021
olaintel:
I pray my IELTS will not go on waste..........
I help you say amen to that. The wait is tiring to be honest but don't dwell on it too much.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by czaratwork: 6:07pm On Nov 24, 2021
Please how are you guys dealing with unavailability of International passport? Also what is the naira equivalent for 1 person's proof of fund?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 7:19pm On Nov 24, 2021
czaratwork:
Please how are you guys dealing with unavailability of International passport? Also what is the naira equivalent for 1 person's proof of fund?
Use xedotcom to know the naira equivalent, can't type it with the . symbol because of the bots banning me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Queenhadassah: 7:43pm On Nov 24, 2021
czaratwork:

What this scarcity of international passport almost cost me early this year ehn,. I travelled to another state from Lagos with my 1 year old daughter in January and decided to apply for a passport for her there. So I went online, filled the form and made the payment, Did her NIN then went to the passport office. I got there and I was told that there was no 32 pages booklet available infact only 2 states in Nigeria had it. Wahala! And I already paid for 32 pages for my daughter. I had already booked a flight to Lagos also and they were telling me that they don't know when 32 pages booklet will be available. So on the day of the data capture, we went and I was given a date to pick the passport, which was one month from the date of the capture. My initial plan was to pay for express but as there was no 32 pages booklet, express will not work. I started scratching my head, I met an immigration staff and explained my dilemma- I don't live in that state and I need to return to Lagos, it won't be possible for anyone to pick the passport on my behalf when it's available meaning I will have to travel back to collect it etc. The staff looked at me and said she will help me, that they have 32 pages booklet reserved for medical reasons but I will have to pay extra for it. I said no wahala, so long as they will give me that passport that day. I paid and in less than 2 hours I got the 32 pages booklet passport that was scare nationwide. The extra money I paid was like 15 or 20k but it was way cheaper compared to buying a flight ticket.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by brownsucre1: 8:06pm On Nov 24, 2021
Queenhadassah:

What this scarcity of international passport almost cost me early this year ehn,. I travelled to another state from Lagos with my 1 year old daughter in January and decided to apply for a passport for her there. So I went online, filled the form and made the payment, Did her NIN then went to the passport office. I got there and I was told that there was no 32 pages booklet available infact only 2 states in Nigeria had it. Wahala! And I already paid for 32 pages for my daughter. I had already booked a flight to Lagos also and they were telling me that they don't know when 32 pages booklet will be available. So on the day of the data capture, we went and I was given a date to pick the passport, which was one month from the date of the capture. My initial plan was to pay for express but as there was no 32 pages booklet, express will not work. I started scratching my head, I met an immigration staff and explained my dilemma- I don't live in that state and I need to return to Lagos, it won't be possible for anyone to pick the passport on my behalf when it's available meaning I will have to travel back to collect it etc. The staff looked at me and said she will help me, that they have 32 pages booklet reserved for medical reasons but I will have to pay extra for it. I said no wahala, so long as they will give me that passport that day. I paid and in less than 2 hours I got the 32 pages booklet passport that was scare nationwide. The extra money I paid was like 15 or 20k but it was way cheaper compared to buying a flight ticket.

Wow!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by olalekan9320(m): 8:17pm On Nov 24, 2021
ednut1:
everyone is currently facing a long wait time
... but Accra is worse
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cc150615(f): 8:58pm On Nov 24, 2021
Pnp draw again, looks like the hope for fsw don enter 2022 oo.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by overlord77: 9:21pm On Nov 24, 2021
What's with all these PNP draws? undecided
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by angrybutsane(f): 9:28pm On Nov 24, 2021
czaratwork:

It's unavailable for those not willing to pay the extra cost . undecided undecided undecided. Corrupt society we live in.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dinma27: 7:28am On Nov 25, 2021
overlord77:

Like you called it, naija black market rate is only applicable to naija. Use official rates as seen on www.xe.com

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by EsoEso: 8:08am On Nov 25, 2021
Queenhadassah:

I paid and in less than 2 hours I got the 32 pages booklet passport that was scare nationwide. The extra money I paid was like 15 or 20k but it was way cheaper compared to buying a flight ticket.

So sad this is the current situation we find ourselves in, if one does not have extra bucks to throw around, getting things done easyily becomes almost not feasible especially in government parasitals. God go help naija
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by EsoEso: 8:21am On Nov 25, 2021
cc150615:
Pnp draw again, looks like the hope for fsw don enter 2022 oo.
You are not far from the truth, though it's dishartneing. FSW draw will most likely happen first Quarter of 2022. Conference organised by immigration lawyers last month in Canada where there was a representative of ircc, somehow revealed what likely we are to expect next year. When asked why there has not been general draw this year, he replied that because of the travel restrictions ircc focused on meeting the target for 2021. So they concentrated on inland applications and invitations just to meet up with their annual quota. He said from 2022, outlands application and invitations will be focused on.
So my thoughts are, when draw finally resumes, ITAs will be dished out regularly with force and hopefully things will speed up. Let's keep hope alive. Last last everybody go dey alright.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ovywils: 8:37am On Nov 25, 2021
Congratulations �
Moteh:
Hallelujah!!!
It’s PPR!!!!

Been a silent follower on this platform but I’ve always said I’ll share whenever I get my PPR cos this thread really helped me through the process.

FSW O
AOR - Feb 2020
Remed request- Jan 2021
VO - Ottawa
PPR - Nov 23 2021

Thank you guys

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by overlord77: 8:48am On Nov 25, 2021
EsoEso:

You are not far from the truth, though it's dishartneing. FSW draw will most likely happen first Quarter of 2022. Conference organised by immigration lawyers last month in Canada where there was a representative of ircc, somehow revealed what likely we are to expect next year. When asked why there has not been general draw this year, he replied that because of the travel restrictions ircc focused on meeting the target for 2021. So they concentrated on inland applications and invitations just to meet up with their annual quota. He said from 2022, outlands application and invitations will be focused on.
So my thoughts are, when draw finally resumes, ITAs will be dished out regularly with force and hopefully things will speed up. Let's keep hope alive. Last last everybody go dey alright.

Alternatively, for those in Health or Tech sector, try and secure a job offer as that is a sure and faster way to move while FSW or PNPs are being delayed.

For starters, I came across New Brunswick page https://www.talentgnb.ca
Y'all check it out

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Icicles: 9:27am On Nov 25, 2021
@olalekan9320 @ednut1 @dimple10

My point exactly is that my application being moved from Ottawa to Accra is from one long wait time to another

Sigh! Sigh! Sigh! This whole process ehn
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 11:01am On Nov 25, 2021
Icicles:

My point exactly is that my application being moved from Ottawa to Accra is from one long wait time to another

Wo, you will accept it like that jare. Shebi your own application even dey visa office. What about those still in the pool, what should they do? That your application will be moved to Accra doesn't mean it will be slow. Just be positive and let the God you serve do the rest.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 11:05am On Nov 25, 2021
Yh i get but nothing you can do about it really except to wait.

My application will be 1year since AOR on Wednesday next week but Accra is still asleep. I'm trying to stay positive and keep hope alive.
Icicles:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by olaintel(m): 2:44pm On Nov 25, 2021
Prettiepearlz:

I help you say amen to that. The wait is tiring to be honest but don't dwell on it too much.

Thanks to you.. also if you know any other opportunity where i can put the ielts into use. or any pnp program, pls let's know
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 2:52pm On Nov 25, 2021
olaintel:

Thanks to you.. also if you know any other opportunity where i can put the ielts into use. or any pnp program, pls let's know
What's your NOC? Is it in demand? Check the websites of all the provinces to see if you meet any of the requirements. If your education is related to your work experience and you're still under 45 or 45, you may want to try the Australia skilled visa route. Australia will be opening their border effective 1st December so hopefully they should resume their own draws soon. Let me give you heads up, it very expensive!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Tright13: 7:00pm On Nov 25, 2021
Moteh:
Hallelujah!!!
It’s PPR!!!!

Been a silent follower on this platform but I’ve always said I’ll share whenever I get my PPR cos this thread really helped me through the process.

FSW O
AOR - Feb 2020
Remed request- Jan 2021
VO - Ottawa
PPR - Nov 23 2021

Thank you guys
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MrKong: 9:18pm On Nov 25, 2021
“IRCC is holding off on inviting FSWP and CEC candidates so that it can tackle its backlogs. This is revealed in an internal briefing memo that CIC News requested and successfully obtained from the department.
….the statistics show there were 99,968 Express Entry permanent residence applications awaiting processing as of October 27, 2021.
…. The internal IRCC briefing notes the backlog was at about 108,500 as of the date of the note, September 3, 2021
….This suggests the Express Entry backlog decreased by about 8,500 applications over the period between September 3rd and October 27 of this year.
…. IRCC notes in its memo it will need to cut the Express Entry backlog by “more than half” in order to achieve its Express Entry processing standard of six months or less.”

Now the maths:

If it took IRCC 2 months to reduce the backlog of 108,500 by 8500, how many months will it take to reduce the backlog by more than half if they were to up their reduction capacity by 1500 in that same period? Show extra workings clearly an concisely!

Be surgical, it might save people time and energy!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by stvide: 11:11pm On Nov 25, 2021
.Good evening, i just receive a remedical letter from IRCC.
AOR Nov 2019.
First medical passed Dec 16,2019
All thanks to God. It getting closer. Ottawa are fully awake.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by EsoEso: 11:35pm On Nov 25, 2021
MrKong:
“IRCC is holding off on inviting FSWP and CEC candidates so that it can tackle its backlogs. This is revealed in an internal briefing memo that CIC News requested and successfully obtained from the department.
….the statistics show there were 99,968 Express Entry permanent residence applications awaiting processing as of October 27, 2021.
…. The internal IRCC briefing notes the backlog was at about 108,500 as of the date of the note, September 3, 2021
….This suggests the Express Entry backlog decreased by about 8,500 applications over the period between September 3rd and October 27 of this year.
…. IRCC notes in its memo it will need to cut the Express Entry backlog by “more than half” in order to achieve its Express Entry processing standard of six months or less.”

Now the maths:

If it took IRCC 2 months to reduce the backlog of 108,500 by 8500, how many months will it take to reduce the backlog by more than half if they were to up their reduction capacity by 1500 in that same period? Show extra workings clearly an concisely!

Be surgical, it might save people time and energy!

Hehehe it means it will take 12 months to Half the backlogs.
ITAs hopefuls like me fit weak o lol
I just hope this won't be the case sha

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by EsoEso: 11:36pm On Nov 25, 2021
stvide:
Good evening, i just receive a remedical letter from IRCC.
AOR Nov 2019.
First medical passed Dec 16,2019
All thanks to God. It getting closer. Ottawa are fully awake.
Please for those that ve done medicals with Qlife, what and what am i to take to the hospital. Thanks

It will end in praise my friend. More good news

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zeus04: 7:20am On Nov 26, 2021
Moteh:
Hallelujah!!!
It’s PPR!!!!

FSW O
AOR - Feb 2020
Remed request- Jan 2021
VO - Ottawa
PPR - Nov 23 2021

Thank you guys

Congrats! Exactly a year after I got mine. I pray this land favour you and yours!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zeus04: 7:27am On Nov 26, 2021
EsoEso:

They better open doors. It's been so hard to hire people in this Canada... As a recruiter, you will literally be begging people to take your employment offer. It's evident that Canada need immigrants... They can't survive without it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cutebear: 9:11am On Nov 26, 2021
Do you mean that there is a shortage of skilled workers? Because we keep hearing stories of people getting to Canada and saying they can’t find a job.
Zeus04:

They better open doors. It's been so hard to hire people in this Canada... As a recruiter, you will literally be begging people to take your employment offer. It's evident that Canada need immigrants... They can't survive without it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (629) (Reply)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

Viewing this topic: MoreTech(m), fisayo02(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.