Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,830 members, 7,813,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1046566 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (630) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Honeysweetest(f): 7:47pm On Jul 28, 2022
ednut1:
potential 10 years ban for fraud and misrepresentation
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1468&top=10
lmaooo, ednut giving it hot like he usually do,but always in a truthful way.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Honeysweetest(f): 7:52pm On Jul 28, 2022
Influential101:
@bolded...Sorry but I don't understand how you knew the marriage is headed for divorce or how it would be a misrepresentation landing with her? OP never mentioned they were considering divorce neither did she say they were separated..

Don't people have issues in their marriages again? why making all these assumptions?
the bolded weak me too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Saynoomore: 8:07pm On Jul 28, 2022
Influential101:
@bolded...Sorry but I don't understand how you knew the marriage is headed for divorce or how it would be a misrepresentation landing with her? OP never mentioned they were considering divorce neither did she say they were separated..

Don't people have issues in their marriages again? why making all these assumptions?

She doesn't have to state it explicitly! Read between the lines and draw critical inferences! If the matter is not carefully handled, a divorce potentially looms! gra gra no dey solve all these kain issues. One person must give-in for peace to reign!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dennyjuff: 8:24pm On Jul 28, 2022
I really would not advice anyone to change their POF to dollars at this crazy rate unless you’re leaving the country now now. it’s an artificial increase mostly caused by Emefiele’s announcement on monday and then fueled by panic. This wasn’t an exponential increase. it was rapid. i believe it’d go back to stability of the 600’s.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aijay80: 8:36pm On Jul 28, 2022
I am tired. This is why we are where we are.

temmitats:
Women have really suffered cause I cannot believe my eyes this morning.
A husband that can travel with his wife’s passport when she’s heavily pregnant, is not wicked but is waiting for an ”humble apology”.
Because of PPR she should lose all semblance of self respect and grovel to a man that obviously doesn’t have her best interest at heart, God is in control.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by jasperonyx: 8:55pm On Jul 28, 2022
Nikyb:
I didn’t sleep well last night, probably my worst night ever and I’m not even over it yet.
My POF is in Naira because IRCC uses official rate which happened to be around N8.5m for a family of 4. If I change in the black market and put in dom account at the rate of 580 to $ then, it won’ t be enough to meet up the 25kplus CAD for family of 4 so I picked the easiest option (leave it in naira) since that is all we have.
Last night I heard $ is now 710, so that is how all my life savings is depreciating for my eye like that, and ITA has not come�. Still waiting for PNP to boost my score if possible since EE is still 500ish now. I’m sad but this japa is like my plan A. Yes I have a job here but I am tired!
I can’t even change the money again at 710 nah, my body is still shaking and I hope putting this out here will make me better
nawa oo���,did you say is 8.5,thought it is 8million.
Meanwhile, I believe they will still be using the xe rate, so I think that if ur naira still match the Canadian currency on the xe app,it can go through.
I don't know ooo, I be learner ooo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by jasperonyx: 8:56pm On Jul 28, 2022
aijay80:
I am tired. This is why we are where we are.

Soo disappointed with that guy's statement,this is how you know their likes.they want women to grovel at their feet��

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 9:03pm On Jul 28, 2022
Saynoomore:

She doesn't have to state it explicitly! Read between the lines and draw critical inferences! If the matter is not carefully handled, a divorce potentially looms! gra gra no dey solve all these kain issues. One person must give-in for peace to reign!
Women act like men should take anything thrown at them. There are things that would make a man abandon his wife and children oO.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by pato405(m): 9:13pm On Jul 28, 2022
aestake:

Women act like men should take anything thrown at them. There are things that would make a man abandon his wife and children oO.

The story no balance. You'll be shocked if the man comes here now to narrate his own side of the story. Never judge a matter from just a narrative given by one party, especially a woman! I'm outta here! don't bother quoting me please. I wont read your quote till next two months when I'll visit NL again! ciao

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Honeysweetest(f): 9:18pm On Jul 28, 2022
aestake:

This is a one-sided story. Do you act like this when women throw their husbands out of their homes?
yes and yes, I had serious issues with my friend who is a citizen of America over the issues she had with her husband and for that reason,she cancelled the application she sent on his behalf for his papers.
I don't do if and if,I don't do gender war. Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 9:24pm On Jul 28, 2022
Honeysweetest:
yes and yes, I had serious issues with my friend who is a citizen of America over the issues she had with her husband and for that reason,she cancelled the application she sent on his behalf for his papers.
I don't do if and if,I don't do gender war. Thank you.
Ok but why are you mudslinging the other guy?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Agnes22: 9:41pm On Jul 28, 2022
Hello, please can I contact you?

Charityjunkie:
Sorry in advance for the long story. I just want to share my story for reference/encouragement.

Summary and timelines

IELTS: November 2019 (L: 8, S: 9, W: 7, R: 9, overall: 8.5).
ECA: April 15, 2020 (I used WES)
CRS: 475
Entered the pool: May 19, 2020
ITA: September 2, 2020
Upfront medicals: October 15, 2020
Aor: November 4, 2020
Bil: January 10, 2021
Upfront medicals: March 18, 2022 (raised webform and didn’t get a reply till after 2 months, *sigh*)
Medicals request: April 9, 2022
ADR schedule A, PCC and PoF: April 11, 2022 (for PCC I only did for Nigeria given that I had previously submitted my UK PCC and had only lived in Nigeria since my AOR)
ADR submitted: April 14, 2022
Medicals passed: June 17, 2022 (after raising about 3 webforms)
PPR email: June 22, 2022

VFS journey

Passport sent using red star express: June 24, 2022 (Friday afternoon)
Arrived VAC Abuja: June 27, 2022 (Monday morning)
***No update from VAC Abuja***
Tracked my application on VSF website using a tracking number I got from a VSF agent (via phone call) on July 8, 2022 and got this update “Your processed passport has been forwarded to the Canada Visa Office on 2022/06/27. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website”
Counterfoil generated: July 18, 2022
Copr received : July 25, 2022

Narrative

One thing that is for sure is that this whole process has been torture! This process has humbled me and thought me patience.

My journey started in 2019 with my mum hounding me to look into this process. I was still in school then and to be sincere I was not interested. All I wanted was to finish my MSc program and get a good paying job where ever I could (Nigeria not withstanding) I wanted to be close to as much family as I could be.
Anywho fast forward to October after my dissertation my friend convinced. She wanted us to start at the same time and hold each other accountable. At that point my time in UK was coming to an end, so I decided to start with IELTS while waiting for my degree to come out. There was no harm in trying, right?

I entered the pool in May 2020 and that was when the wait truly started. At this point Nigeria and Covid had frustrated my life (still frustrating my life but thank God for this new opportunity). Fast forward to getting ITA. In my mind I had given myself 6 months to be in Canada, little did I know that covid was not yet done with us angry . During my wait I took the vaccine as soon as I could (didn’t want my village people playing with my destiny) I even took booster shot. I was not taking any chance.
In February of 2022, my hope soared when I saw people getting ppr left right and center. I waited and waited for my turn but no news. More frustration cry. I took matters into my own hands and did an upfront medical but ircc was on a mission to exasperate my soul. I sent various webforms but no update on my portal. They now decided to one up themselves by asking me for remedicals. At this point I felt like my village people were working overtime. I was not in the country and had already spent so much money doing my upfront medical. I didn’t have it in me to do another so I just waited and trusted everything to God. I had proof of my upfront medical and raised webforms so I knew that even after the 30days timeframe they could not reject my application. I won’t lie and say that I wasn’t worried but what more could I do? At this point NSPPD was my mum’s resting place.

The golden email (as we all call it) came one random night. I was shocked. Didn’t even know that my medicals had been passed lol. I was confused because I only received an email and no update was made on my portal. After consulting you guys (Big shout out to @Allegory and @Dimple10; also @GraciousWords for creating this thread so beautifully ps: congratulations on your ppr) I submitted my passport. And now the wait is finally over!

Good luck to everyone. God will do it for you as well.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by bigmills: 9:51pm On Jul 28, 2022
....and the state of her marriage does not call for insulting anyone.
Simple: In a situation like this, I'd advise you do this and this and this ..
Nobody sought your opinion on the marriage, you may see them together 4 weeks from now sipping champagne.
..On whether I am bright enough?, don't worry na me be "Daddy Bright" : wink wink lols....
Bye bye.
Nacho4:
It's not in my place to express my opinion on a public discuss but it's in your place to express your opinion on my opinion? Think straight please.
I hope you are bright enough to comprehend my response to her well enough to see that I made my submission based on the premise she presented while acknowledging the absence of the other side of the story.
Letting her know he can't go scott free with his FOOLISH act (oh yes, very foolish act)and would be held accountable, arms her better in her decision making on how to salvage this situation she is in

"She came for help with visa not for insult or marriage" rada rada. I hope you are bright enough to see that the bedrock of the visa issue is the state of her marraige. When did advicing someone on how to avoid future troubles from the source of their current trouble become a problem?
Are you alright?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by DeevaB: 10:06pm On Jul 28, 2022
GraciousWords:

I agree with those that say it is date you wrote the exam, especially because of Allegory's point that the test report date can be many months after the report release date. If it were me I'd choose the most conservative date which is the exam date.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?st=29.4.2

Your language test results must be valid (written in the last two years) when you submit your application for permanent residence.

Thank you so much for this. I guess to be on the safe side I will go with the Exam date.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Charityjunkie(f): 11:02pm On Jul 28, 2022
Sent you a mail

Agnes22:
Hello, please can I contact you?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by dfanz: 4:04am On Jul 29, 2022
Can you do spousal visa without a spouse?
If he was sponsored by a spouse for this spousal visa while still legally married to his Nigerian spouse, isn't that bigamy?
If this is indeed bigamy, e strong pass misrepresentation.

afo7:
Thanks for your comprehensive response.
Yes, the spousal visa is from another country.
He applied for the spousal visa before getting ITA for EE and the visa was only approved after AOR.
He did the spousal visa so that he can continue working in his country of residence and at the same time be able to move in out of the country until he's able to transition to another type of visa.
His main concern is not be charged with misrepresentation as he is fully aware of IRCC stands in relation to marriage and change in family composition.

I really do not know what to advise him myself. His only chance is if the IRCC officer is not able to interprete the visa as a spousal visa cos the visa was granted as a visitor's visa but with conditions he must reside with the partner(her name was not used, just her Identity number) and work.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Godtemi: 4:12am On Jul 29, 2022
pato405:

The story no balance. You'll be shocked if the man comes here now to narrate his own side of the story. Never judge a matter from just a narrative given by one party, especially a woman! I'm outta here! don't bother quoting me please. I wont read your quote till next two months when I'll visit NL again! ciao

Exactly, what most men face in marriage ehn. But it's always hard for men to speak out. Don't be surprised if the man comes out to narrates his own story.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Liani: 7:22am On Jul 29, 2022
[quote author=Vanillawafers post=115122772][/quote]

Thank you for posting your story for others to learn from and congratulations on your success story. I am in a similar situation. Submitted my documents in May 2022 after receiving ITA in April.

Got a rejection letter yesterday July 28th because of a declaration of common law partnership that I somehow didn’t know about and so didn’t submit it with my application. I would like to follow the process you took but have no idea what my VO is. Please how did your sister know her VO? I also do not even mind sending emails to multiple VOs so please how did you find out the email addresses that you used so that I know how to find different VOs emails addresses?

Hoping to get your response soon as I can go ahead and send the emails before too much time passes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 7:35am On Jul 29, 2022
For those asking how to find out their VO......

Allegory gave some expo some time ago:

"saw this on telegram about finding out your vo

singapore-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

spore.immigration@international.gc.ca

Send email to any of the emails above and ask of your status. By tomorrow they will reply you of your current VO
"

Even though I know my VO, I tested it and it worked. I'm not sure it's their job but I suspect they are just so efficient that they get a mail and immediately respond, redirecting you. They'll typically say they are not your VO but XXXX office is.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Solidcitizen: 7:57am On Jul 29, 2022
Dennyjuff:
I really would not advice anyone to change their POF to dollars at this crazy rate unless you’re leaving the country now now. it’s an artificial increase mostly caused by Emefiele’s announcement on monday and then fueled by panic. This wasn’t an exponential increase. it was rapid. i believe it’d go back to stability of the 600’s.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I believe we will get some relief in a few days/weeks. The recent devaluation is purely driven by speculations. If I had USD, I might even consider selling some now and buying at 620 or lower later

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (630) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: aurorae1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.