Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,378 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (264) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1045832 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (630) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by thelma76(f): 8:20am On Jul 29, 2022
EsoEso:

Mr stupid opinion, will you give her money to sponsor the case if she hires an immigration lawyer? A lady that's heavily pregnant whose husband has gone AWOL with bills and other things to handle you are talking about an immigration lawyer etc.
You are calling in calvary from Canada sisters, do you even know if the man has even left for Canada or entered Canada. How about if he is just chilling in one hotel flexing, then you will go and be bugging ircc with lag of information
It's very evident that if she follows most advice from here, 5yrs from now she will still be in naija with no headway in this matter. She better apply 99 intelligence ...

You've assumed she's a weak woman and at the mercy of her husband. This is a woman who funded the financial requirements for this journey alone so I doubt hiring an immigration lawyer is going to be the herculean task you're making it to be. From every post you've made here, You're one of those men that see women as lesser beings. A typical patriarchy champion using phrases like "her humble apology", "apologize for peace sake", "we are Africans, let's do this the traditional way" (the traditional way of women always taking the blame, suffering in silence and dying while alive in their marriages). You've been casually making jokes out of the wicked situation this man has put his hevaily pregnant wife in by saying things like "he's just chilling in a hotel flexing" with a sprinkle of fake clownish emojis here and there. You're not even suggesting a facade apology just so she gets out of the situation and escapes that man, you're suggesting an apology so she can appeal to a man's narcissistic ego and continue to bear the emotional abuse just so "peace can reign" (peace, in this case, being the man's wounded ego getting all the attention and repair it doesn't even need while she wallows). You're clearly enjoying this drama and the fact that this women is visibly distressed. Smh. We know your type

This is not to discredit the fact that men go through their fair share of problems in marriage, after all they're human beings and not gods. So if women face their own share of problems, they would too.

But since the husband can play foolish games and jokes like saynomoore suggested as a possibility, aunty madam, I suggest you play the same game with him. You absolutely do not negotiate with a terrorist. It's a slippery slope and you'll find yourself in another headache shortly afterwards. Speak with an immigration lawyer that can advise you on the best way to handle this situation. . Also share what we have all advised and vet your options. It is well. May the Holy Spirit grant you discernment and the wisdom needed to overcome this situation.

24 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MissMa01: 8:38am On Jul 29, 2022
Ovywils:

Ewo
What exactly happened?
Did you book a return ticket?

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ChristabelleD: 10:09am On Jul 29, 2022
Wish you a safe journey home, the way the things are now it's just crazy and the need to japa is even way more.

MissMa01:

I bought a return ticket but no PTA for me. I bought dollars at 708/$1 yesterday for my trip this weekend.

Lots of people think it will come down but I doubt it. Federal reserves is almost depleted, insecurity in Abuja, the impeachment talk was/is low level.

It’s going to take them sacking CBN Governor or a speech from the president to stabilize things and the odds of that happening is zero.

$1/1000 coming soon.

Anyway, I’m going home (Calgary) - checked my BP yesterday and it clearly shows I need to relax.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 10:58am On Jul 29, 2022
MissMa01:

In the mud.
I’ll buy black market - this is Nigeria
Nawao. The way people are travelling with return ticket and no PTA these days is scary. The bank workers are not helping matters with their wuruwuru. They’re using the dollars to settle their own contacts. My dad was telling me how he deposited a thousand dollars in UBA last week and tried to get it back almost immediately, just to be told there was no dollar. They ended up giving him 850 after much drama.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mobenjackson(m): 11:40am On Jul 29, 2022
Hi all,

Pls who can help me with the combination of MOD TRF number.

Trying to simulate a possible TRF to register a profile.

How do they arrange the alphanumeric characters?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cochtrane(m): 1:01pm On Jul 29, 2022
Dennyjuff:
I really would not advice anyone to change their POF to dollars at this crazy rate unless you’re leaving the country now now. it’s an artificial increase mostly caused by Emefiele’s announcement on monday and then fueled by panic. This wasn’t an exponential increase. it was rapid. i believe it’d go back to stability of the 600’s.
You are demonstrating extreme naivety about the problems of Nigeria, I have to say. If you know how intensely broke the country is, you’ll realize even this 700 is just the start of it. The latest news is the depletion of the ECA and it took an investigative news report to push that out, not the government. If by any chance the rate drops significantly, even corporate institutions are waiting to immediately suck it all up, driving it right back up. The situation is more than dire right now, and while it may be artificial because of the seeming facts, the true facts have the potential to make it much worse. Not to forget that the world is experiencing increasing inflation right now, the dollar is getting stronger, and Nigeria has never had good experience with economic shocks.

Frankly, I think we can all just chill and see what happens in the next few months. I’m sure we’ll be able to look back and say who’s wrong or right here. But my own intuition tells me it gets much worse from here. Same was said when we encroached into the 500’s during Covid. Today, 700’s is the norm. It’s just super naive to think this is driven merely by speculation. I think it’s more driven by the realities of the Nigerian market, a market whose frailties are becoming obvious day by day.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cochtrane(m): 1:09pm On Jul 29, 2022
Allegory:

Nawao. The way people are travelling with return ticket and no PTA these days is scary. The bank workers are not helping matters with their wuruwuru. They’re using the dollars to settle their own contacts. My dad was telling me how he deposited a thousand dollars in UBA last week and tried to get it back almost immediately, just to be told there was no dollar. They ended up giving him 850 after much drama.
Like joke like joke, we’ll soon get to the point where people may not even be able to get their dollars out of their so-called domiciliary bank accounts. They’ll just tell you point blank that your money isn’t there, even as you are looking at the figures on your bank app

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 2:25pm On Jul 29, 2022
POF and Dollar

I found this old quote from Blackbuddy. It explains what Cochtrane has been trying to say very simply. I hope people read and understand it. It was written 5 years ago in 2017 and is still relevant today. Of course, people are free to disagree with this view cheesy Especially those who believe that the POF is assessed based on the "official" exchange rate on your AOR date. Even if IRCC assess POF at AOR using the official rate on that day......it's about more than the Canadian dollar equivalent at AOR, it's about the real value of the money to you when you begin to spend it on landing.......Naira is not what you'll spend in Canada. And unless you get a job before you land, it's likely you will begin spending your POF from the airport.

Let's even assume 708 is inflated and unrealistic, anyone who bought 4 weeks ago at 606 would still be making a loss compared to if they had bought that same amount at 406 2 years ago, when they started saving the POF.....even if it was only $1,000.

It's very very very difficult to save in foreign currency, but in my view....most prudent thing POF wise. Passing POF eligibility with IRCC is one thing......the value of that POF to you is quite another. The best way to merge those two objectives is to.....#BuyDollar

https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/728#59148316

CIC is interested in the POF as dollars but you are allowed to hold the equivalent as Naira, pounds, rupees, cedis, etc.

So you are expected to have the dollar equivalent till conclusion of the application review process. If on Monday your POF is say, 4m naira and equal to $20,000.00 which is the expected POF for a family of 4 (this is just an example please), if exchange rate fluctuates and on Friday, your 4m is no longer equal to $20,000.00 but is now equal to $18,000.00, can you say have the complete POF? Of course not, because you no longer have the equivalent of $20,000.00. I am not out to scare you please but just to clarify the expectation, hence I illustrated with the example of the 2014 FSW PR set so you monitor the exchange rate and increase your POF accordingly or just get the complete dollars and keep so that if naira goes up or down, you're not concerned as your $20k remains complete. This thinking keeps you ready incase you receive request for updated POF which is for the VO to see if your POF is still up to the dollar equivalent. Remember, the currency used to measure the POF is Canadian dollars not naira so please ensure your Naira POF is equal to the dollars expected for your family size at all times.

Hope you understand now.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by arasola2000: 2:38pm On Jul 29, 2022
Good day everyone. Please does any one have a sample or can explain how to do proof of sale to me?

Thank you

**Stay safe out there
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by awele186: 5:34pm On Jul 29, 2022
?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by bigmills: 6:09pm On Jul 29, 2022
I ca help you.
what's your email?
Priceless25:
Please can anyone help me pay for Gcms note? My card is being declined
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by zannie(f): 6:15pm On Jul 29, 2022
OMG I can't believe I'm back here with my own testimony. I promised I'll be back to give God all the glory when I finally got the golden letter and to encourage someone, because all the golden mail stories gave me so much hope.

I started this whole process because my SIL was applying. I thought it was a good idea so I joined her. She got her PR seamlessly in 6 months so I thought ours was going to be that easy. Fate had other plans lol.
IELTS: 15/12/2018
WES completed: 30/01/2019
Jumped in the pool: Feb 2019, score 445. Stayed in the pool and lost 5 points due to birthday in July. Note that ITA cutoff scores just before we entered the pool were hovering around 435-439. Immediately we entered the pool, it rose sharply to 460s. As soon as I saw that scores weren't dropping, I quickly got my husband to go and write IELTS. It boosted our score to 459. I adjusted our score and the wait continued. We were lucky to get ITA because the cutoff was 459 but our profile was created before the tie break date.
ITA: 24/07/2019
AOR: 21/09/2019.
COMPLETE RADIO SILENCE! Sent about 20 webforms that went unanswered. We even ordered GCMS notes that we did not understand.
IRCC finally responded to one of my webforms and I was informed that our VO was Accra. That was when I decided to just take my mind off the entire process and wait on God.
This year, we decided to update our medicals on 24/04/2022. I sent webforms with the re-medicals and our change of address. More silence.
We even got my SIL who is in Canada to keep calling IRCC on our behalf. Still no new update from them. At one point, I thought they had cancelled our application.
One day, a friend who applied because of us, called us to tell us he just got his letter. We were confused because we know his application was months after ours. So he told us he was tired of his own waiting and got info to write a strongly worded letter to the immigration minister. We decided to do the same and sent a letter to the minister on 24/05/2022. Fortune finally smiled on us and we got a mail on 11/06/2022 for ADR to submit police report, passports for my husband and son, and schedule A for my husband and I. We submitted the documents on 7/7/2022 with our deadline being the next day (8th). On the 20th of July, I logged into our profile only to discover the documents were not transmitted. The devil really tried to work overtime but failed. Omo, I started sending webforms and reporting technical issues o. I begged and pleaded and cried. I didn't hear anything from them on that matter but on 25th July at 11pm, I saw a mail from them to check my account. I was so scared it was a rejection due to our docs not transmitting to them before our deadline. It was so heart wrenching to open my account and seeing that letter. I couldn't stop crying.

This journey has taught me the true meaning of patience, but I'm so happy it finally ended in praise. To all who are still in their waiting period, don't lose hope. It is definitely coming. Thank you so much to all old members of this thread i.e those who were here 2018/2019. This thread is a huge goldmine. Every single thing I learnt about this entire process was from here. Onto the next!!!!!

38 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by bigmills: 6:40pm On Jul 29, 2022
ooooomo..
Happy for you.
Congrats
zannie:
OMG I can't believe I'm back here with my own testimony. I promised I'll be back to give God all the glory when I finally got the golden letter and to encourage someone, because all the golden mail stories gave me so much hope.

I started this whole process because my SIL was applying. I thought it was a good idea so I joined her. She got her PR seamlessly in 6 months so I thought ours was going to be that easy. Fate had other plans lol.
Jumped in the pool: Feb 2019, score 445. Stayed in the pool and lost 5 points due to birthday in July. Note that ITA cutoff scores just before we entered the pool were hovering around 435-439. Immediately we entered the pool, it rose sharply to 460s. As soon as I saw that scores weren't dropping, I quickly got my husband to go and write IELTS. It boosted our score to 459. I adjusted our score and the wait continued. We were lucky to get ITA because the cutoff was 459 but our profile was created before the tie break date.
COMPLETE RADIO SILENCE! Sent about 20 webforms that went unanswered. We even ordered GCMS notes that we did not understand.
IRCC finally responded to one of my webforms and I was informed that our VO was Accra. That was when I decided to just take my mind off the entire process and wait on God.
This year, we decided to update our medicals on 24/04/2022. I sent webforms with the re-medicals and our change of address. More silence.
We even got my SIL who is in Canada to keep calling IRCC on our behalf. Still no new update from them. At one point, I thought they had cancelled our application.
One day, a friend who applied because of us, called us to tell us he just got his letter. We were confused because we know his application was months after ours. So he told us he was tired of his own waiting and got info to write a strongly worded letter to the immigration minister. We decided to do the same and sent a letter to the minister on 24/05/2022. Fortune finally smiled on us and we got a mail on 11/06/2022 for ADR to submit police report, passports for my husband and son, and schedule A for my husband and I. We submitted the documents on 7/7/2022 with our deadline being the next day (8th). On the 20th of July, I logged into our profile only to discover the documents were not transmitted. The devil really tried to work overtime but failed. Omo, I started sending webforms and reporting technical issues o. I begged and pleaded and cried. I didn't hear anything from them on that matter but on 25th July at 11pm, I saw a mail from them to check my account. I was so scared it was a rejection due to our docs not transmitting to them before our deadline. It was so heart wrenching to open my account and seeing that letter. I couldn't stop crying.

This journey has taught me the true meaning of patience, but I'm so happy it finally ended in praise. To all who are still in their waiting period, don't lose hope. It is definitely coming. Thank you so much to all old members of this thread i.e those who were here 2018/2019. This thread is a huge goldmine. Every single thing I learnt about this entire process was from here. Onto the next!!!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 7:34pm On Jul 29, 2022
zannie:

Jumped in the pool: Feb 2019, score 445. Stayed in the pool and lost 5 points due to birthday in July..... As soon as I saw that scores weren't dropping, I quickly got my husband to go and write IELTS. It boosted our score to 459....... We were lucky to get ITA because the cutoff was 459 but our profile was created before the tie break date.
COMPLETE RADIO SILENCE!

........ but on 25th July at 11pm, I saw a mail from them to check my account....... I couldn't stop crying.

This journey has taught me the true meaning of patience, but I'm so happy it finally ended in praise. To all who are still in their waiting period, don't lose hope!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Amazing......CRS dropped only once to 457 in the 3 years since July 2019. Congrats o!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Liani: 8:27pm On Jul 29, 2022
[quote author=zannie post=115198345]OMG I can't believe I'm back here with my own testimony. I promised I'll be back to give God all the glory when I finally got the golden letter and to encourage someone, because all the golden mail stories gave me so much hope.

This journey has taught me the true meaning of patience, but I'm so happy it finally ended in praise. To all who are still in their waiting period, don't lose hope. It is definitely coming. Thank you so much to all old members of this thread i.e those who were here 2018/2019. This thread is a huge goldmine. Every single thing I learnt about this entire process was from here. Onto the next!!!!![ Congratulationsssssss on this great news. All glory be to God. Please when you say you sent a message to the immigration minister, was that an email or hard copy letter? And what address did you send it to please?]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cc150615(f): 8:29pm On Jul 29, 2022
I may be late but a man was wicked enough to abandon his pregnant wife in Nigeria,going away with her passport and someone opened his mouth to talk about apology,testing her maturity and massaging ego. I don't even care what she did or did not do,that man is Lucifer's incarnate.
Please get your passport from him if you can maybe have his parents talk to him (going through an immigration lawyer may cost you so much except you find someone who wants to do it pro bono) or just declare it missing and try to make your own plans for yourself and forget that man ever existed.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Liani: 8:57pm On Jul 29, 2022
[quote author=zannie post=115198345]

Please do you or anyone reading this know how I can contact Edmonton, Mississauga and Sydney VOs?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Winkky: 9:12pm On Jul 29, 2022
Allegory:

This naija enh, a lot of people travelling with return ticket especially this summer holiday had plans of getting PTA and selling to aboki which will drive the volatility further. so all get as e be jare

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by zannie(f): 9:18pm On Jul 29, 2022
[quote author=Liani post=115201824][/quote]

Thanks, email
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Winkky: 9:45pm On Jul 29, 2022
GraciousWords:
POF and Dollar

I found this old quote from Blackbuddy. It explains what Cochtrane has been trying to say very simply. I hope people read and understand it. It was written 5 years ago in 2017 and is still relevant today. Of course, people are free to disagree with this view cheesy Especially those who believe that the POF is assessed based on the "official" exchange rate on your AOR date. Even if IRCC assess POF at AOR using the official rate on that day......it's about more than the Canadian dollar equivalent at AOR, it's about the real value of the money to you when you begin to spend it on landing.......Naira is not what you'll spend in Canada. And unless you get a job before you land, it's likely you will begin spending your POF from the airport.

Let's even assume 708 is inflated and unrealistic, anyone who bought 4 weeks ago at 606 would still be making a loss compared to if they had bought that same amount at 406 2 years ago, when they started saving the POF.....even if it was only $1,000.

It's very very very difficult to save in foreign currency, but in my view....most prudent thing POF wise. Passing POF eligibility with IRCC is one thing......the value of that POF to you is quite another. The best way to merge those two objectives is to.....#BuyDollar

https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/728#59148316

CIC is interested in the POF as dollars but you are allowed to hold the equivalent as Naira, pounds, rupees, cedis, etc.

So you are expected to have the dollar equivalent till conclusion of the application review process. If on Monday your POF is say, 4m naira and equal to $20,000.00 which is the expected POF for a family of 4 (this is just an example please), if exchange rate fluctuates and on Friday, your 4m is no longer equal to $20,000.00 but is now equal to $18,000.00, can you say have the complete POF? Of course not, because you no longer have the equivalent of $20,000.00. I am not out to scare you please but just to clarify the expectation, hence I illustrated with the example of the 2014 FSW PR set so you monitor the exchange rate and increase your POF accordingly or just get the complete dollars and keep so that if naira goes up or down, you're not concerned as your $20k remains complete. This thinking keeps you ready incase you receive request for updated POF which is for the VO to see if your POF is still up to the dollar equivalent. Remember, the currency used to measure the POF is Canadian dollars not naira so please ensure your Naira POF is equal to the dollars expected for your family size at all times.

Hope you understand now.

This makes sense o.

But all is same goal.

My own take, those who can afford to buy black market for complete $ POF are right. Those who can only gather naira to make up POF at official rate are also right and should do so in peace and save by the side for fluctuations in case of official depreciation which can never ever be as bad as black market; after landing, even if you eventually change at aboki villa on departure and e no too boku you go still survive if you cut your coat according to your cloth; some people wey raise hands through new york no die nah, come say you be PR. It can take longer, or even shorter, could take you doing bridge jobs till you get your desired level but you will survive. Na to face front and focus on where you are going o, whatever the opportunity cost, you will smile when you reach your Canaan land.

Do what you can legally do and don't put yourself under any pressure at all.

Naija BP itself is too high oo, I can't kill myself...ish

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ciwi: 10:10pm On Jul 29, 2022
Is it wise to open 2 profiles? One with French as 1st language and the other as 2nd language? The person in question targeting OINP French does in case they put an upper limit on the CRS scores they invite? Gurus pls advise. @ednut1 @graciouswords
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 11:21pm On Jul 29, 2022
cc150615:
I may be late but a man was wicked enough to abandon his pregnant wife in Nigeria,going away with her passport and someone opened his mouth to talk about apology,testing her maturity and massaging ego. I don't even care[b] what she did or did not do,[/b]that man is Lucifer's incarnate.
Please get your passport from him if you can maybe have his parents talk to him (going through an immigration lawyer may cost you so much except you find someone who wants to do it pro bono) or just declare it missing and try to make your own plans for yourself and forget that man ever existed.

@the bold. But you cared about the man's?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 11:22pm On Jul 29, 2022
Winkky:

This naija enh, a lot of people travelling with return ticket especially this summer holiday had plans of getting PTA and selling to aboki which will drive the volatility further. so all get as e be jare
Many folks sell to Aboki oo. Country don gbaje.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 12:08am On Jul 30, 2022
ciwi:
Is it wise to open 2 profiles? One with French as 1st language and the other as 2nd language? The person in question targeting OINP French does in case they put an upper limit on the CRS scores they invite? Gurus pls advise. @ednut1 @graciouswords

An individual can only have one profile: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=864&top=29

There was no CRS upper limit on the last two OINP French draws BUT they limited their invites to select NOCs: https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-express-entry-notifications-interest#section-1
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by olalekan9320(m): 12:49am On Jul 30, 2022
grasiouso:
Please I need help.

My husband seized my Visa and COPR so I’m unable to travel.

I am heavy and due to travel in August with my ticket already booked.

He has travelled already and he took my passport with visa and my COPR and cut off communication with me. He never even allowed me see the COPR cos he had his plans so now I’m stranded in Nigeria and need help on what to do.

Please how do I go about retrieving these documents from IRCC?

A little background:

The marriage has been filled with serious emotional abuse from my husband mainly because I was added to his Canadian EE application. He willingly added me just after we got married and this somehow delayed his getting PPR as it took over 2 years before it finally came. I have seen hell in this 2 years with him constantly blaming me for the delay, then he would accuse me of not being submissive and appreciative of the sacrifice. He threatens me with divorce all the time saying I'm not submissive and he cannot take a woman he cannot control to Canada. Repeatedly tells me he made a mistake marrying me. He tells me no man can ever do what he did for me. That most men will not add their partner to their application and that I'm supposed to be worshiping him. Note that I had to bear all the financial requirements for everything concerning my own.

You guys should have gone through the divorce because this one is cry cry

Maybe he doesn't know how abuse in Canada works. Most likely you were not even the cause of the delay except if he had already gotten PPR before adding you if not you were not the cause and that shouldn't matter where there's love. Just mail MP, send webform or call ircc and that's all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dejavu44: 12:55am On Jul 30, 2022
Hi Guys,

I recently received biometric instruction letter. I can't seem to find any nformation online on the process and documents to take along with me. I live in Lagos.

Please what is the process and what documents to take along ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 4:55am On Jul 30, 2022
Winkky:

True, I’ve been thinking of it too. We can blame Buhari and the CBN governor all we like but the level of greed and get-rich-quick in everybody’s blood in Naija is also a big problem. It’s still the same people screaming about dollar rate that are desperately pushing the rate towards N1000 per dollar so that they can make more money when selling. What’s the use of making all that naira if the currency is practically worthless.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 4:59am On Jul 30, 2022
Dejavu44:
Hi Guys,

I recently received biometric instruction letter. I can't seem to find any nformation online on the process and documents to take along with me. I live in Lagos.

Please what is the process and what documents to take along ?
https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/book-an-appointment#

Book an appointment using the link and read the attached screenshot on what to bring

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 5:14am On Jul 30, 2022
zannie:

I
Congratulations. Wow, what a relief! Can’t believe there are people still waiting since 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cochtrane(m): 6:25am On Jul 30, 2022
Allegory:

True, I’ve been thinking of it too. We can blame Buhari and the CBN governor all we like but the level of greed and get-rich-quick in everybody’s blood in Naija is also a big problem. It’s still the same people screaming about dollar rate that are desperately pushing the rate towards N1000 per dollar so that they can make more money when selling. What’s the use of making all that naira if the currency is practically worthless.
Let’s face it, the entire blame lies with the government and its policy makers. It’s generally not in humans to be nice or altruistic, especially on economic matters. Most people would try to exploit any deficits in a government’s policy or try to use them to their advantage. This has bred different techniques of paying less taxes or exploiting crude exchange rate policies. I’m sure even you will find yourself looking for a few holes once you get the Canada. If there’s an economic hole somewhere, best believe someone will try to exploit it. This has been studied severally in economics and is known as the efficient market hypothesis. Nigerians don’t owe the government altruism when it comes to the exchange rate which is a purely economic reality. Nigerians only owe the government the duty of operating within the scope of the law. It’s the government’s duty to implement sound economic principles that will punish speculators or stem any actions which threaten the nation’s currency. Using force won’t cut it. I know people may have different opinions, but the confidence in the government is at an extreme low and you can’t blame those who would exploit this for economic benefits. It’s the law of the market and is as old as time itself. It’s up to the government to join in this game and to play it well.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dejavu44: 9:29am On Jul 30, 2022
Allegory:

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/book-an-appointment#

Book an appointment using the link and read the attached screenshot on what to bring

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Hotice007: 9:53am On Jul 30, 2022
I'm starting my canada immigration process with an Agency called Greenlight immigration. Please I want advice to know my chances. They said my best option is to immigrant to Canada via Work visa. Does anybody know about this agency and it they are to be trusted? And also how long does it take for everything to pull through? Please I need as much response as possible. Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (630) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.