Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,727 members, 7,831,307 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1065059 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (635) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by DFreeze: 8:03pm On Dec 08, 2021
Congrats, mate.. Is this FSW or PNP?

gbemmyusuf:
PPR DON SHOW OO

AOR 9 JAN 2021

BIOMETRIC 12 FEB 2021

REMEDICAL 8 NOV 2021

PPR 8 DEC 2021

Full gist loading soon

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by gbemmyusuf: 8:48pm On Dec 08, 2021
DFreeze:

Congrats, mate.. Is this FSW or PNP?

Thank you mate.. it's PNP.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ayabahipee(f): 8:54pm On Dec 08, 2021
Big congratulations!!!
Which VO pls
gbemmyusuf:

Thank you mate.. it's PNP.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by gbemmyusuf: 8:57pm On Dec 08, 2021
Ayabahipee:
Big congratulations!!!
Which VO pls

Ottawa .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by KlausMike(m): 5:24am On Dec 09, 2021
Has anyone been able to confirm if new copr holders from nigeria can fly to Canada ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Liispa(f): 6:18am On Dec 09, 2021
KlausMike:
Has anyone been able to confirm if new copr holders from nigeria can fly to Canada ?

Not allowed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by raheemkeji(f): 6:23am On Dec 09, 2021
Seems there is no CIC draw this week !
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 7:20am On Dec 09, 2021
gbemmyusuf:
PPR DON SHOW OO

AOR 9 JAN 2021

BIOMETRIC 12 FEB 2021

REMEDICAL 8 NOV 2021

PPR 8 DEC 2021

Full gist loading soon
Wow congrats, timeline is not bad at all. I'd really like to read the full gist so biko come back soon. All these 'full gist loading' people don't use to come back again these days

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cutebear: 9:10am On Dec 09, 2021
No draw since November 10th. Seems like IRCC wants to focus on giving out PPRs for the rest of the year.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 10:59am On Dec 09, 2021
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/news/2021/11/government-of-canada-introduces-additional-measures-to-address-covid-19-omicron-variant-of-concern.html

Based on data from ongoing surveillance efforts and the latest public health advice, the Government of Canada is expanding the list of countries with entry prohibitions originally announced on November 26, 2021, to include Egypt, Nigeria and Malawi. Effective tomorrow, foreign nationals who have been in any of these countries within the previous 14 days will not be permitted entry into Canada:

Botswana; Egypt; Eswatini; Lesotho; Malawi; Mozambique; Namibia; Nigeria; South Africa and Zimbabwe.

My interpretation of the item in bold is that the prohibition is on where you are travelling from NOT your nationality. A Nigerian COPR holder who has not been in any of these countries in the 14 days preceding their arrival in Canada should not have a problem. A potential solution is for a COPR holder currently in Nigeria to go find a country (not on the banned list) to quarantine in for 2 or 3 weeks prior to landing in Canny. A potential complication is that no one knows if, when and which countries will be added. Wahala if a country that you are quarantining in joins the list a few days after your "quarantine" there starts.

This is not misrepresentation or circumventing of the rules, in my opinion, it means you are taking the required health precautions while attempting to land before COPR expiry.

Choose your third country quarantine wisely.

#PersonalOpinion

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by joselekas(m): 11:34am On Dec 09, 2021
GraciousWords:

My interpretation of the item in bold is that the prohibition is on where you are travelling from NOT your nationality. A Nigerian COPR holder who has not been in any of these countries in the 14 days preceding their arrival in Canada should not have a problem. A potential solution is for a COPR holder currently in Nigeria to go find a country (not on the banned list) to quarantine in for 2 or 3 weeks prior to landing in Canny. A potential complication is that no one knows if, when and which countries will be added. Wahala if a country that you are quarantining in joins the list a few days after your "quarantine" there starts.

This is not misrepresentation or circumventing of the rules, in my opinion, it means you are taking the required health precautions while attempting to land before COPR expiry.

Choose your third country quarantine wisely.

#PersonalOpinion

I totally agree with your interpretation and I think restriction was meant to achieve that and it was done on purpose. It's better to outsource the risk to another nation than bring it to their doorstep.

I think current COPR holders should try and explore this option so we can see the validity or otherwise of it.

Thank you for sharing this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by joselekas(m): 11:36am On Dec 09, 2021
gbemmyusuf:
PPR DON SHOW OO

AOR 9 JAN 2021

BIOMETRIC 12 FEB 2021

REMEDICAL 8 NOV 2021

PPR 8 DEC 2021

Full gist loading soon

What's you NOC please and your nominating province?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by raheemkeji(f): 11:43am On Dec 09, 2021
There was PNP draw on 24th Nov.

cutebear:
No draw since November 10th. Seems like IRCC wants to focus on giving out PPRs for the rest of the year.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MsLane: 1:16pm On Dec 09, 2021
Serious advice needed for these 2 questions/

I have my Spouse's brother as PR holder in Manitoba. He does not reside there. But has his PR.
Can i claim points with it for MPNP?
This question: A close relative, who is a permanent resident or Citizen of Canada, is an established resident of Manitoba and has been residing in Manitoba for at least 1 year?

And this question seems confusing: Do you or your spouse have a close relative that is a permanent resident or Canadian Citizen and currently resides in another Canadian Province or Territory? My husband's brother in law actually lives in Manitoba.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 2:49pm On Dec 09, 2021
MsLane:
Serious advice needed for these 2 questions/

I have my Spouse's brother as PR holder in Manitoba. He does not reside there. But has his PR.
Can i claim points with it for MPNP?
This question: A close relative, who is a permanent resident or Citizen of Canada, is an established resident of Manitoba and has been residing in Manitoba for at least 1 year?

And this question seems confusing: Do you or your spouse have a close relative that is a permanent resident or Canadian Citizen and currently resides in another Canadian Province or Territory? My husband's brother in law actually lives in Manitoba.
Question one- he has to be resident in Manitoba
Question two- his brother in law is not a relative for immigration purposes. Only his sister( wife of the man) is
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 09, 2021
Pls I intend to travel to Canada on a 6 months visa, how can I make my stay their permanent?....
I need info asap and I am a novice in this,I don't even have someone to ask physically...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 2:59pm On Dec 09, 2021
Baawahala:
Pls I intend to travel to Canada on a 6 months visa, how can I make my stay their permanent?....
I need info asap and I am a novice in this,I don't even have someone to ask physically...
if you dont have someone to ask then how will you get the 6 months visa in the first place Visit visa is also on banned list too. Unless you can get a job offer there is no way to convert it unless you want to claim asylum.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 09, 2021
ednut1:
if you dont have someone to ask then how will you get the 6 months visa in the first place Visit visa is also on banned list too. Unless you can get a job offer there is no way to convert it unless you want to claim asylum.
I mean with the 6months visa in hand,can I apply for job in Canada within this 6months,apply for a college cert and get permanent residency while being harbourd?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 3:56pm On Dec 09, 2021
Baawahala:

I mean with the 6months visa in hand,can I apply for job in Canada within this 6months,apply for a college cert and get permanent residency while being harbourd?
the problem with Canada is they will not give you that 6 months visa if you don't have a tangible reason. Even parents of citizens and pr sometimes get denied visiting visa talkless of you wey no get anyone. Why not apply for a student visa directly. All this long experiment self. If you are able to get it tho. You need to find a job offer, if you dont have a special scarce skill most employers wont be interested.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 09, 2021
ednut1:
the problem with Canada is they will not give you that 6 months visa if you don't have a tangible reason. Even parents of citizens and pr sometimes get denied visiting visa talkless of you wey no get anyone. Why not apply for a student visa directly. All this long experiment self. If you are able to get it tho. You need to find a job offer, if you dont have a special scarce skill most employers wont be interested.
The thing is that I am sure of the visa because of the purpose the visit (business conference), but my fear is how I will retain my stay over there and be more useful to myself.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 5:31pm On Dec 09, 2021
Baawahala:

The thing is that I am sure of the visa because of the purpose the visit (business conference), but my fear is how I will retain my stay over there and be more useful to myself.
delusion, business conference in covid times. You have not heard of zoom or virtual conference abi. Conference format doesn’t work for Canada try usa

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 09, 2021
ednut1:
delusion, business conference in covid times. You have not heard of zoom or virtual conference abi. Conference format doesn’t work for Canada try usa
okay
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Diaperssbabies: 7:51pm On Dec 09, 2021
Good Evening All,
please i have a question. For someone that just submitted his ITA application and under PCC he submitted Original scanned copy of a foreign PCC without adding its certified translation, can the person raise a webform to rectify this issue?

Or the application will still be cancelled by IRCC since the translated copy was not submitted initially?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by KlausMike(m): 7:57pm On Dec 09, 2021
Diaperssbabies:
Good Evening All,
please i have a question. For someone that just submitted his ITA application and under PCC he submitted Original scanned copy of a foreign PCC without adding its certified translation, can the person raise a webform to rectify this issue?

Or the application will still be cancelled by IRCC since the translated copy was not submitted initially?

Thanks

Its good you spotted this early. I would suggest you raise a web form as soon as possible with the translation document (i would do a scan of the entire police report and the translation) and maybe a statement to explain that you omitted it in error.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Diaperssbabies: 8:29pm On Dec 09, 2021
Ok thanks. Just to be sure, has something like this has happened here before(than an important document was omitted) and was submitted via webform afer AOR and this helped avoid cancellation by IRCC?
KlausMike:

Its good you spotted this early. I would suggest you raise a web form as soon as possible with the translation document (i would do a scan of the entire police report and the translation) and maybe a statement to explain that you omitted it in error.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 10:29pm On Dec 09, 2021
Diaperssbabies:
Ok thanks. Just to be sure, has something like this has happened here before(than an important document was omitted) and was submitted via webform afer AOR and this helped avoid cancellation by IRCC?
Yes. We are all human and are prone to mistakes. IRCC understands this as well.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 7:10am On Dec 10, 2021
Diaperssbabies:
Good Evening All,

Thanks

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application

Use this link to send the corrected documents. Choose the option that says you want to submit documents, then choose the option that says the docs were requested by IRCC. You will get an immediate automatic reply. You can use the regular webform link also (both are from page 1).

Pls go to page 1 and read up on the IRCC link about PCCs. If this PCC is for Germany, post 2019 issued German PCCs are in German, English and French and do not require translation since English and French are Canada's official languages.....if it's for another country, check for the exact requirement there.

When was your AOR?

Good luck!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 7:12am On Dec 10, 2021
gbemmyusuf:
PPR DON SHOW OO

PPR 8 DEC 2021

Congrats!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by billyboy(m): 7:27am On Dec 10, 2021
gbemmyusuf:
PPR DON SHOW OO

AOR 9 JAN 2021

BIOMETRIC 12 FEB 2021

REMEDICAL 8 NOV 2021

PPR 8 DEC 2021

Full gist loading soon

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by optm(m): 9:25am On Dec 10, 2021
gbemmyusuf:
PPR DON SHOW OO

AOR 9 JAN 2021

BIOMETRIC 12 FEB 2021

REMEDICAL 8 NOV 2021

PPR 8 DEC 2021

Full gist loading soon
Congratulations . Mine is coming soon. God that did yours and made it this fast would do mine. All the best in your next step

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by angrybutsane(f): 9:27am On Dec 10, 2021
doesnt work that way. cant turn visit visa to working visa then PR. lool. they expect u to leave after ur visit expiration date and apply for the appropriate work , pr or student visa from your home country or country of residence.

go via PR or Student visa.

Baawahala:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (635) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

Viewing this topic: donfemsdynasty(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.