Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,829 members, 7,817,424 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (400) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1050819 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (631) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Jhigan(m): 2:08pm On Feb 20, 2023
Thank you for your help so far.
I've done the necessary verifications. She did 2 clinical jobs, one in Morocco and another one in Nigeria. The Morocco own is more than 1 year and paid, and the Nigeria own was one one year too, but not paid. I guess she will qualify through the Morocco's own. And just yesterday self, she got called up for a resident doctor job in Morocco, she's due to start next week. I guess, we will calm down and use enough time to study very hard for IELTS and her TEF so we can both at least try to max it.
Thanks.

Abercrome:

She needs a minimum of one year experience to be eligible. The score itself is very okay but you need to check her eligibility for Federal Skill Workers Program. I think someone else married to a doctor already clarified that the clinical experience counts as work experience.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Abercrome: 2:10pm On Feb 20, 2023
nymphomaniac:
I can relate to what Donsimon2 said sha.

My advise remains that the PR remains a second option. One must live life as if FSW and its process never exists. It must be a backup and life must be lived to the fullest here in Nigeria and If it comes, it comes. Get that marriage done, get that baby made. Get that certification or that new car cheesy

Sometimes, it’s the hope that kills. Other times, the hope fuels us. There is light at the end of the tunnel anyway. If they have gotten to 490, they will get to 480 and hopefully 470 this year.

I agree that we shouldn’t put career or personal goals on hold because of PR. I personally wouldn’t make big purchases (like new car) right now until I have a decision on my application because selling things off can take time.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by upkay: 7:16pm On Feb 20, 2023
Solidprof:
Good evening ALL,

Pls, for Credentials evaluation does WES evaluate NURSING DEGREES?

Responses will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

WES evaluates B.Nsc as a 'Canadian Bsc equivalence' but to get two or more certificates for B.Nsc IQAS is recommended.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by blittech: 7:55pm On Feb 20, 2023
Hello everyone, is it ok to evaluate LLM - law masters degree with WES. I am not really familiar with the IQAS process so I am not sure if I want to advise the person to use IQAS. Since it’s a masters degree already would the evaluation come back as a masters degree?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nymphomaniac(m): 8:14pm On Feb 20, 2023
blittech:
Hello everyone, is it ok to evaluate LLM - law masters degree with WES. I am not really familiar with the IQAS process so I am not sure if I want to advise the person to use IQAS. Since it’s a masters degree already would the evaluation come back as a masters degree?
I guess it would. Any lawyer evaluating with WES is an outlier. I’d usually just go wit my LLB and IQAS like others have done so if i have issues I can be properly guided.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ARA91: 8:42pm On Feb 20, 2023
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ARA91: 8:44pm On Feb 20, 2023
I evaluated my LLM, from a non-Nigerian university, with WES. WES evaluated it as equivalent to a Canadian Master's degree.

What university did the person get their master's degree from? Is it recognised by WES? If it is, then it is likely to be evaluated as equivalent to a Canadian Master's degree.

Just my two cents.
blittech:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Silversurfer1: 9:57pm On Feb 20, 2023
Hi guys.
I apologize if this question has been asked several times before. I tried searching for the answer but I didn't see it.
Is there an expiry date for work reference letters? If you've left a job and got a reference from it like 2 or more years ago, will it be accepted if you submit it for your application now?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Silversurfer1: 9:59pm On Feb 20, 2023
blittech:

You can go ahead and evaluate your LLM with WES. It's a Master's degree and they will assess it as such.
You only use IQAS if you're assessing your LLB degree.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mcstan18(m): 10:10pm On Feb 20, 2023
Silversurfer1:
Hi guys.
I apologize if this question has been asked several times before. I tried searching for the answer but I didn't see it.
Is there an expiry date for work reference letters? If you've left a job and got a reference from it like 2 or more years ago, will it be accepted if you submit it for your application now?
Thanks

4 years and 2 months passed from when I received my work reference letter to when I used it. No issues at all.

Edit: You need to ensure that you have just enough years of work experience (in the last 10 years from submission date) to fetch you the required points
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Silversurfer1: 10:12pm On Feb 20, 2023
mcstan18:

4 years and 2 months passed from when I received my work reference letter to when I used it. No issues at all.

Thanks for the information. That's a relief
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Silversurfer1: 10:17pm On Feb 20, 2023
Make una no vex abeg.
Can you use the same reference letter for PNP and the Federal Express Entry or the two programs require different reference letters?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Esomimi: 3:53am On Feb 21, 2023
Good evening everyone,

Please, is there any one landing in Ontario anytime soon? Say in the next month? I need help buying something from Nigeria please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ehiremen2002: 6:41am On Feb 21, 2023
Need help to coin out best duty for NOC 00015
Business Director’s Profile
Results and impact-driven professional with extensive experience in developing businesses through well-fortified relationships and key stakeholders’ engagement. Proactive leader and problem-solver demonstrating eloquent communication skills to unite teams around common goals, entrepreneurial acumen to accelerate business success, and passion for leading result-based initiatives to serve the underserved minorities. Blends resourcefulness and strong dedication with significant experience in effectively managing complex and diverse teams in profit-based and non-profit settings

BUSINESS DIRECTOR January 2008 – Present

Develop and manage real estate capital and operating expense budgets, provide input into financial planning
and expense forecasting of budgets; consistently seek, suggest and document cost control ideas and process
improvements
- Augmented sales pipeline using business development best practices encompassing extensive research
and planning, cross-functional team collaboration, and strategic partnerships.
- Prepare and monitor all monthly and quarterly financial reporting including forecasting, operating
budgets, and reconciliations.
- Support strategic business pivot from listings to site-search solutions by fortifying relationships and
demonstrating long-term value proposition.
- Expand book of business by 4X by refining, executing, and owning engagement plans for prospective
clients.
- Recognized for initiating the establishment, development and staffing of a retail and commercial
recruitment department that successfully recruited over 50 new businesses, generated 2,000+ new jobs
and over $100M in new investments.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 7:49am On Feb 21, 2023
JustBukola:

The work experience being deleted is not the one the NOI was based on.

Who can kindly help clarify this?
Someone I know on a group did this with no issues. You can send me a Dm
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 9:23am On Feb 21, 2023
Timmypaul:
Baba you Dey talk like this because you don Dey there already, bro it’s not easy been on the the pool for years hoping one Dey it will get to your turn and you keep getting disappointment each time you are getting closer, we have spent a lot to get to that point if they ain’t intrested in us they should kindly inform us so we can look into other places.
My Oga, no vex. I dey Abuja like this. If you follow my posts, I’ve always expressed optimism that the numbers will gradually come down but I don’t own IRCC, we live in a dynamic world and all we can do is to prepare for change not responding to it as it could be late. I believe there are many ways to the market but most routes will cost money. What we can do is to prepare, live our lives and make it.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by JustBukola: 12:40pm On Feb 21, 2023
Prettiepearlz:

Someone I know on a group did this with no issues. You can send me a Dm

Hello! Thank you so much for this.
Please, where can I send a message to for us to talk?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Jsjs: 1:08pm On Feb 21, 2023
Profgordons:
My Oga, no vex. I dey Abuja like this. If you follow my posts, I’ve always expressed optimism that the numbers will gradually come down but I don’t own IRCC, we live in a dynamic world and all we can do is to prepare for change not responding to it as it could be late. I believe there are many ways to the market but most routes will cost money. What we can do is to prepare, live our lives and make it.
Hello, good afternoon.
I just sent you a message
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 2:14pm On Feb 21, 2023
Jsjs:

Hello, good afternoon.
I just sent you a message
. Replied
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 2:20pm On Feb 21, 2023
Profgordons:
How Nigerians have strength for a faraway country and docile for their own country should be studied in schools. I'm not kidding. Na politicians dey fix countries, if your country is cool, you won't be in the pool or put your life on hold. Know this and rest!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by akhilomejessica: 6:26pm On Feb 21, 2023
Please is there any single qualified nurse (from school of nursing), that has done ECA for EE with IQAS?
I want to know if I need to do NMCN verification for my certificate for the ECA.
Please it’s urgent, if anyone can help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by CleanUrhoboboi: 8:07pm On Feb 21, 2023
Ita: Nov 9 2022
Aor: Jan 3 2023
Bil: 18 Jan
Rfv: 21 Feb 2023

The lord has done it.

26 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by TemTon: 8:57pm On Feb 21, 2023
Good evening
Please I would like to find out about Qlife appointment. If one has an appointment for 8am. How early do I need to be there 6/6:30 or 7am or earlier.
I would appreciate any input
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Timmypaul: 9:10pm On Feb 21, 2023
Profgordons:
Bro people here keep saying IRCC don’t owe us anything, if they don’t they should have opened this platform, it’s would have been better if they communicate as regards the sudden pause. I don’t blame them sha I blame our country if the county is cool what are we looking for outside here. Have been on the pool for years I wrote ielts exam several time. I was able to max out with the help of my wife, I was on 485 initially but my result got expired last month had to write a new one, my last result wasn’t good, I wasn’t able to max out my reading I list 4 point dragging me down to 481, I will be 30 by next year I’m gonna loose about 4points. If I don’t get the ita this year then it’s save to say good bye to ircc.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by blittech: 9:26pm On Feb 21, 2023
ARA91:
I evaluated my LLM, from a non-Nigerian university, with WES. WES evaluated it as equivalent to a Canadian Master's degree.

What university did the person get their master's degree from? Is it recognised by WES? If it is, then it is likely to be evaluated as equivalent to a Canadian Master's degree.

Just my two cents.
Thank you all for your inputs. I guess I will advise WES. It’s Harvard so it’s will definitely be recognized.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 9:40pm On Feb 21, 2023
Timmypaul:
Bro people here keep saying IRCC don’t owe us anything, if they don’t they should have opened this platform, it’s would have been better if they communicate as regards the sudden pause. I don’t blame them sha I blame our country if the county is cool what are we looking for outside here. Have been on the pool for years I wrote ielts exam several time. I was able to max out with the help of my wife, I was on 485 initially but my result got expired last month had to write a new one, my last result wasn’t good, I wasn’t able to max out my reading I list 4 point dragging me down to 481, I will be 30 by next year I’m gonna loose about 4points. If I don’t get the ita this year then it’s save to say good bye to ircc.
Hmmm..you can only hope for the best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by blittech: 9:42pm On Feb 21, 2023
nymphomaniac:
I guess it would. Any lawyer evaluating with WES is an outlier. I’d usually just go wit my LLB and IQAS like others have done so if i have issues I can be properly guided.
Yes, I understand what you mean. It’s just that I feel it’s easier and faster to evaluate degrees from intl schools. Just my sentiment. that is the reason I want to advise the person to evaluate LLM.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 9:59pm On Feb 21, 2023
blittech:

Yes, I understand what you mean. It’s just that I feel it’s easier and faster to evaluate degrees from intl schools. Just my sentiment. that is the reason I want to advise the person to evaluate LLM.
It's less stressful. Run with it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Onedimple: 5:02am On Feb 22, 2023
Tonyamori:

None yet

Hi. Have you heard from Alberta? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 6:42am On Feb 22, 2023
Timmypaul:
I’ll message you privately let’s see how I can be of help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by vizioo: 7:13am On Feb 22, 2023
I wanted to share an update on timelines.

Single applicant.

ITA - Nov 2022
AOR - Jan 4, 2023
Medicals updated - Jan 16
Biometrics linked (from denied student visa application) - Jan 16
RFV - Feb 20

Logged in pretty frequently and signed up for the new application status tracker, but no new updates since Jan 16. The new tracker said eligibility had not started right up until RFV email - it has since been updated to show all components passed.

Noticed a ghost update a day before RFV.

We used a notarized gift deed (multiple transactions) as proof of funds.

He took an online diploma at a Canadian university and used that (along with his Nigerian BSc) as 2 or more degrees. We only intended to get points for 2 or more degrees, but he also got points for Canadian education thanks to a slight change in IRCC regulations due to COVID-19.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Miide2: 7:35am On Feb 22, 2023
vizioo:
I wanted to share an update on timelines.

Single applicant.

ITA - Nov 2022
AOR - Jan 4, 2023
Medicals updated - Jan 16
Biometrics linked (from denied student visa application) - Jan 16
RFV - Feb 20

Logged in pretty frequently and signed up for the new application status tracker, but no new updates since Jan 16. The new tracker said eligibility had not started right up until RFV email - it has since been updated to show all components passed.

Noticed a ghost update a day before RFV.

We used a notarized gift deed (multiple transactions) as proof of funds.

He took an online diploma at a Canadian university and used that (along with his Nigerian BSc) as 2 or more degrees. We only intended to get points for 2 or more degrees, but he also got points for Canadian education thanks to a slight change in IRCC regulations due to COVID-19.

congratulations 🎉

the ghost update.. was it on the tracker itself or you got a mail

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (631) (Reply)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

Viewing this topic: vimma(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.