Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,781 members, 7,827,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (401) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1061658 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) ... (635) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by vizioo: 7:45am On Feb 22, 2023
Miide2:

congratulations 🎉

the ghost update.. was it on the tracker itself or you got a mail

Thanks! After logging in, the "current status" said "Application/profile updated", but there was no new update. No emails either (until RFV).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Abercrome: 9:07am On Feb 22, 2023
vizioo:
I wanted to share an update on timelines.

Single applicant.

ITA - Nov 2022
AOR - Jan 4, 2023
Medicals updated - Jan 16
Biometrics linked (from denied student visa application) - Jan 16
RFV - Feb 20

Logged in pretty frequently and signed up for the new application status tracker, but no new updates since Jan 16. The new tracker said eligibility had not started right up until RFV email - it has since been updated to show all components passed.

Noticed a ghost update a day before RFV.

We used a notarized gift deed (multiple transactions) as proof of funds.

He took an online diploma at a Canadian university and used that (along with his Nigerian BSc) as 2 or more degrees. We only intended to get points for 2 or more degrees, but he also got points for Canadian education thanks to a slight change in IRCC regulations due to COVID-19.

Congratulations! Love to see it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by shaynehuey: 10:03am On Feb 22, 2023
vizioo:

Single applicant.

ITA - Nov 2022
AOR - Jan 4, 2023
RFV - Feb 20

Logged in pretty frequently and signed up for the new application status tracker, but no new updates since Jan 16. The new tracker said eligibility had not started right up until RFV email - it has since been updated to show all components passed.

He took an online diploma at a Canadian university and used that (along with his Nigerian BSc) as 2 or more degrees. We only intended to get points for 2 or more degrees, but he also got points for Canadian education thanks to a slight change in IRCC regulations due to COVID-19.

Please what is RFV?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nymphomaniac(m): 10:27am On Feb 22, 2023
shaynehuey:

Please what is RFV?
Ready For Visa

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by shaynehuey: 10:55am On Feb 22, 2023
nymphomaniac:
Ready For Visa

thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ciwi: 11:44am On Feb 22, 2023
vizioo:

Single applicant.

ITA - Nov 2022
AOR - Jan 4, 2023
RFV - Feb 20

Congratulations. How long did the online diploma take and how many points can one get from the diploma
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by fisolaire: 12:57pm On Feb 22, 2023
Thank you to Jesus and thank you to everyone who has helped in one way or the other on this platform.

I can remember I started this journey with little or no knowledge but gained a lot here. Even got an agent but could not afford the fees, lol, hence I had to resort to Nairaland. Small advice to everyone here, Page 1 is a great resource, believe and you can pull this through. Please see timelines below:

Profile: Family of 3
First ITA- October 12, 2022 (declined this as we were even lost on things to do)
Second ITA: Oct 26 (I had studied Page 1 well and was ready)
AOR: Dec 23 (PoF was made up of I and my husband's PFA balance which was over half of the required PoF, I was scared this would not pull through but I got the assurance here that it would. A gift deed from my mum, gift deed template was on NL too and our small £s savings) Also had a detailed letter of explanation to support these.
Medicals passed: January 10th
BIL: January 10th
Biometrics completed: January 16th.
RFV: February 16th.

No ADRs, no GUs
Thank you all!

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nymphomaniac(m): 1:03pm On Feb 22, 2023
fisolaire:
Thank you to Jesus and thank you to everyone who has helped in one way or the other on this platform.

I can remember I started this journey with little or no knowledge but gained a lot here. Even got an agent but could not afford the fees, lol, hence I had to resort to Nairaland. Small advice to everyone here, Page 1 is a great resource, believe and you can pull this through. Please see timelines below:

First ITA- October 12, 2022 (declined this as we were even lost on things to do)
AOR: Dec 23 (PoF was made up of I and my husband's PFA balance which was over half of the required PoF, I was scared this would not pull through but I got the assurance here that it would. A gift deed from my mum, gift deed template was on NL too and our small £s savings) Also had a detailed letter of explanation to support these.

No ADRs, no GUs
Thank you all!
all the best for the future. You get mind to decline the first ITA sha. grin

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Jenykech: 8:00pm On Feb 22, 2023
Congratulations!!!!
fisolaire:

No ADRs, no GUs
Thank you all!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ibukunsim: 8:48pm On Feb 22, 2023
Hello,
Please how did you get Unilag to send your diploma Result to WES. I did direct entry to another school and I need my diploma results to be evaluated

Efeosa5:
Hello, I did same with WES in 2019.
I evaluated my diploma and bsc as well( not in unilag though) Well, u have to pay for wes, transcripts and wes will get em evaluated by sending the transcript to em. Basically, just pay for the wes and follow instructions.
Its advisable to find someone in the transcript office so when wes sends verification email, the person quickly replies to avoid delay.
All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by EsoEso: 9:09pm On Feb 22, 2023
fisolaire:

No ADRs, no GUs
Thank you all!
Congrats.
Did you notarize your gift deed?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by DeevaB: 9:37pm On Feb 22, 2023
The wait for ITA through FSW is long patience. Been in the pool since 2020, clocked 30 and score has dropped to 478 from 483.

For all of us to waiting - may we smile soon.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:39pm On Feb 22, 2023
Ibukunsim:
Hello,
Please how did you get Unilag to send your diploma Result to WES. I did direct entry to another school and I need my diploma results to be evaluated

Go to the foundation school around social sciences and request for your transcript, you don’t have to go in person you can send someone, I sent someone when I needed mine. They were on this Nasu strike then so it took about three weeks to process(this was sometime last year April)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Luckybelt: 3:02am On Feb 23, 2023
pls any consultant here?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Luckybelt: 3:03am On Feb 23, 2023
is there a way to add middle name to EE profile?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ehiremen2002: 3:34am On Feb 23, 2023
Need help as regards duties and title for NOC 00015
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by fisolaire: 9:42am On Feb 23, 2023
Thanks, yes.
EsoEso:

Congrats.
Did you notarize your gift deed?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 10:08am On Feb 23, 2023
Luckybelt:
is there a way to add middle name to EE profile?
wondering why that will be necessary
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Abercrome: 10:27am On Feb 23, 2023
Profgordons:

The main PR application requires first, middle and last name. He doesn’t need to edit his EE profile and can just update it post ITA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Tonyamori(f): 12:31pm On Feb 23, 2023
Onedimple:

Hi. Have you heard from Alberta? Thanks

Yes

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by kunleos(m): 1:21pm On Feb 23, 2023
Hello everyone, greetings to the gurus.

I’m a silent reader on this thread and I’ve completed my WES & IELTS. My score is about 470 but i have a bit of an issue regarding NOC code 11100

My various work experiences has been as an auditor(internal/external) and in the finance dept and i intend to use the financial auditor NOC code. But a colleague informed me that its a licensed occupation and I shouldn’t pick it since i do not have CPA/CGA.

Please I’m a bit confused as other NOCs do not fully match my experience.

Has anyone used this NOC code without having CPA/CGA and didn’t face any issues?

Please gurus kindly help out. Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Abercrome: 2:46pm On Feb 23, 2023
kunleos:

I’m a silent reader on this thread and I’ve completed my WES & IELTS. My score is about 470 but i have a bit of an issue regarding NOC code 11100

My various work experiences has been as an auditor(internal/external) and in the finance dept and i intend to use the financial auditor NOC code. But a colleague informed me that its a licensed occupation and I shouldn’t pick it since i do not have CPA/CGA.

Has anyone used this NOC code without having CPA/CGA and didn’t face any issues?

I’m in financial advisory and a chartered accountant (CA) but I think your issue stems from misinterpretation and misinformation. Please see below an excerpt from your NOC code:

“Auditors require education, training and recognition as indicated for chartered professional accountants, chartered accountants (CPA, CA), chartered professional accountants, certified general accountants (CPA, CGA) or chartered professional accountants, certified management accountants (CPA, CMA) and…”

Going by the above, you’re allowed to use the NOC code as an auditor and you definitely qualify to use it since again I’m assuming you’re a CA (ACCA or ICAN) if you’re in an audit firm. Please always read requirements yourself on this journey and listen less to hearsay. Many auditors have gone before you from Nigeria with no issues.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by upkay: 2:47pm On Feb 23, 2023
akhilomejessica:
Please is there any single qualified nurse (from school of nursing), that has done ECA for EE with IQAS?
I want to know if I need to do NMCN verification for my certificate for the ECA.
Please it’s urgent, if anyone can help.

My wife did for her BNsc. I think you only need to evaluate your School of Nursing certificate, IQAS would ask NMCN to verify ur certificate. But it's important that you know someone in NMCN to monitor ur case so that anytime IQAS requires the verification from them, ur case would be responded to quickly...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 4:10pm On Feb 23, 2023
kunleos:

IRCC does not require us to show that we meet the educational prerequisites of our chosen NOC e.g. your NOC says BSc, CPA, CFA, MSc, PhD is needed for employment............... you do NOT need to have these qualifications to choose that NOC.

Also the NOC does not need to be related to your degree (for FSW).

Read up on what you need to have to be able to choose a particular NOC from page 1 and the IRCC links there.

https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/537#101136249

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 4:14pm On Feb 23, 2023
kunleos:

i don’t know why people like to mislead others . There is a post on their website ( cant find it) that says applicants are not required to show they meet the noc educational requirements. How are you supposed to get a CPA/CGA if you are not in Canada ( used to be possible with ACCA but not possible anymore) .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 4:21pm On Feb 23, 2023
akhilomejessica:
Please is there any single qualified nurse (from school of nursing), that has done ECA for EE with IQAS?
I want to know if I need to do NMCN verification for my certificate for the ECA.
Please it’s urgent, if anyone can help.

I have no idea about nursing so please take this with a tonne of salt - but from NL gist:

- guys who are looking to claim 2 or more degrees and have an RN and RM have used IQAS - you'll need NMCN verification (for RN and RM evaluation - run away from WES is the word on the street)

https://www.nairaland.com/4843199/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/106#73353860

https://www.nairaland.com/4472519/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/170#67848268

https://www.nairaland.com/4212543/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/518#66379046

- Looks like a BNSc (bachelor in nursing) is evaluated as only 1 degree

- Please search NL extensively (narrow down to travel section)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by kunleos(m): 5:09pm On Feb 23, 2023
Thank you very much. Yes I’m a CA

I really appreciate your input 🙏🏾

Abercrome:

I’m in financial advisory and a chartered accountant (CA) but I think your issue stems from misinterpretation and misinformation. Please see below an excerpt from your NOC code:

“Auditors require education, training and recognition as indicated for chartered professional accountants, chartered accountants (CPA, CA), chartered professional accountants, certified general accountants (CPA, CGA) or chartered professional accountants, certified management accountants (CPA, CMA) and…”

Going by the above, you’re allowed to use the NOC code as an auditor and you definitely qualify to use it since again I’m assuming you’re a CA (ACCA or ICAN) if you’re in an audit firm. Please always read requirements yourself on this journey and listen less to hearsay. Many auditors have gone before you from Nigeria with no issues.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by kunleos(m): 5:10pm On Feb 23, 2023
That’s the same thing I thought. I just needed to be double sure. Thanks a lot

ednut1:
i don’t know why people like to mislead others . There is a post on their website ( cant find it) that says applicants are not required to show they meet the noc educational requirements. How are you supposed to get a CPA/CGA if you are not in Canada ( used to be possible with ACCA but not possible anymore) .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by kunleos(m): 5:11pm On Feb 23, 2023
Thanks a lot. I’d double check.

I appreciate 🙏🏾

GraciousWords:

IRCC does not require us to show that we meet the educational prerequisites of our chosen NOC e.g. your NOC says BSc, CPA, CFA, MSc, PhD is needed for employment............... you do NOT need to have these qualifications to choose that NOC.

Read up on what you need to have to be able to choose a particular NOC - the NOC does not need to be related to your degree, as some people tend to assume (for FSW).

It's advisable to study page 1 and IRCC website - it helps. Always check with the original source.

https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/537#101136249
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Luckybelt: 5:40pm On Feb 23, 2023
Profgordons:
it's omitted. the instruction is to input the names as appeared in the passport
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by adinnu4(m): 7:44pm On Feb 23, 2023
nymphomaniac:
I can relate to what Donsimon2 said sha.

My advise remains that the PR remains a second option. One must live life as if FSW and its process never exists. It must be a backup and life must be lived to the fullest here in Nigeria and If it comes, it comes. Get that marriage done, get that baby made. Get that certification or that new c

Sometimes, it’s the hope that kills. Other
times, the hope fuels us. There is light at the
end of the tunnel anyway. If they have gotten
to 490, they will get to 480 and hopefully 470
this year.

God bless you

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) ... (635) (Reply)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

Viewing this topic: Vousmevoyez(f) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.