Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (403) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1051259 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (632) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by fruitartist: 12:38pm On Feb 26, 2023
vizioo:
I wanted to share an update on timelines.

Single applicant.

ITA - Nov 2022
AOR - Jan 4, 2023
Medicals updated - Jan 16
Biometrics linked (from denied student visa application) - Jan 16
RFV - Feb 20

Logged in pretty frequently and signed up for the new application status tracker, but no new updates since Jan 16. The new tracker said eligibility had not started right up until RFV email - it has since been updated to show all components passed.

Noticed a ghost update a day before RFV.

We used a notarized gift deed (multiple transactions) as proof of funds.

He took an online diploma at a Canadian university and used that (along with his Nigerian BSc) as 2 or more degrees. We only intended to get points for 2 or more degrees, but he also got points for Canadian education thanks to a slight change in IRCC regulations due to COVID-19.

Congratulations
Please provide more information on the online diploma for others looking to get a second certificate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 1:33pm On Feb 26, 2023
fumisko:
Good afternoon .
I Verified my masters result with WES in July 2022
Then write IELTs on august 20th 2022.
Received IELTS result 25th august 2022. It was band 8 score.
Entered pool with 493 immediately.
Got ITA, nov 23rd 2022.
Submitted PR application 23rd December 2022.
Received “ready for visa” email : 21st February 2023.
I hope this serves as a motivation to someone just starting and wandering when it would happen.
Nigeria happened to my family early last year and this prompted me to take the bold steps without looking back.

Currently,
I want to submit my passport at Canada vfs office in abuja. Please do they collect passport for PR applications please?
If no, please what’s the process and where would I address package to?

Secondly, aside the passport photographs, international passport and the ready for visa email, what else do I need to attach to my PR submission ?

Thirdly, please is there a group I could join for insight and more detailed information, would be more than grateful if it can be shared.
Show us way for the band 8 na, don’t make it look like it was all hard work

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Jaycenvirtualse: 2:12pm On Feb 26, 2023
Profgordons:

Have you already done the verification with ETX
what verification? I need a reference number issued by WES to enable me process the ETX. I havent paid application fee with WES. I have to oay to be issued the reference number.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 3:55pm On Feb 26, 2023
fumisko:

Ahhh
Way……. No be hard work o. Just looked for fast method or way. Which was YouTube.
I thought I could do better than 8.0. Was tempted to write Ielts again when ITA was at 496. I felt 8.5 was achievable and it would help boost my score. People have gotten 9.0 sef so why can’t I.
Well….
Me, I just used YouTube majorly and tried some practice you tube questions and a website.
Registered two weeks before and gave myself only that two weeks to transform my life or feel sorry forever. I played for one week inside and reality dawned During the week 2. Still has to go to work inside everyday.

You see this guy ielts training, hold him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAr0jCQBeA8

This fast track ielts woman, hold her too….I think wat I like about both of them is they give quality tips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f382NiS4p6A

One major thing I learnt for the speaking part (the 2 min own or so) is to use the past, present and future approach or present, past and future to explain anything u wana say. Give the same circumstance how it is now, how it was in the past, how you plan for it to be in the future. U Wld hv so much to talk about.

This website below taught me about essay writing and how to capture all details of the essay question in your narrative and also, how to use big big words and sweet sweet informal words for informal letters to friends. I crammed such informal introductions sha and conclusions incase
https://ieltsliz.com/

I think I went through other videos on YouTube in general sha.

I am a shy talker so my talking was the least though: 7.5

I learnt other tips sha but I don forget some
- I think for reading I was told to scan read all the questions before u start trying to read the essay paragraphs so u don’t waste time reading everything first and not knowing what you want to take out of it.
- always look at timer and assign time to spend on each question.
- your easier questions could be at the end parts of each session . No too spend time for one question that you don’t know. Move on and come back.
- after my exam, I nearly fainted. I stood up and my head was spinning. The world was turning. Too much focus and brain strength had been used as all sessions (speaking reading etc etc) was done same day at once. back to back.

Na how I go submit passport now be my problem embarassed
Las las you were able to drop update for us. I think you can submit in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by CleanUrhoboboi: 6:10pm On Feb 26, 2023
Good afternoon everyone. Is it cheaper to buy plane tickets from the Egyptair office in Lagos ? I plan to buy from wakanow. Please I will appreciate any advice I can get .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by vizioo: 7:40pm On Feb 26, 2023
fumisko:

Hi
Congratulations
please how and where do I submit my passport. I have received RFV email.
Thanks so much
Sent you a direct mail

The RFV email has detailed instructions on how to find your nearest Visa Application Centre and the documents you should take with you. Most people walk/mail their documents to VFS in Lagos or Abuja. Some mail their documents to Accra or Nairobi for faster processing.

A lot of this information is on Page 1, but you can find more info in this thread if you search.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by vizioo: 8:04pm On Feb 26, 2023
fruitartist:

Congratulations
Please provide more information on the online diploma for others looking to get a second certificate

There are many... It depends on your field and what you are looking for in a diploma. I suggest doing some research using Google.
If the diploma is from a Canadian college/university, you wouldn't need to complete an ECA. However, there are online diplomas available in many other countries - you'll just have to do an additional ECA for the second credential.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by spongebob0006(f): 10:15pm On Feb 26, 2023
Good evening, for lawyers- please how did you get law school transcript? Did you apply for the transcript from Lagos campus or Abuja campus?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:23pm On Feb 26, 2023
spongebob0006:
Good evening, for lawyers- please how did you get law school transcript? Did you apply for the transcript from Lagos campus or Abuja campus?
No need for BL transcript for the purposes of EE, just send only LLB to IQAS to get a professional certificate evaluation. Just incase you want to apply for BL in the future, you’ll apply to Abuja campus, the steps are on the law school website but you will need someone to follow up for you in Abuja if you want it to be swift.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by fumisko(f): 11:52pm On Feb 26, 2023
vizioo:

The RFV email has detailed instructions on how to find your nearest Visa Application Centre and the documents you should take with you. Most people walk/mail their documents to VFS in Lagos or Abuja. Some mail their documents to Accra or Nairobi for faster processing.

A lot of this information is on Page 1, but you can find more info in this thread if you search.
Thanks so much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by fumisko(f): 11:52pm On Feb 26, 2023
Profgordons:
Las las you were able to drop update for us. I think you can submit in Lagos
Ese sir
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nymphomaniac(m): 12:40am On Feb 27, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

No need for BL transcript for the purposes of EE, just send only LLB to IQAS to get a professional certificate evaluation. Just incase you want to apply for BL in the future, you’ll apply to Abuja campus, the steps are on the law school website but you will need someone to follow up for you in Abuja if you want it to be swift.
are you also my learned colleague? grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Debbieeeeeee: 2:55am On Feb 27, 2023
nymphomaniac:
are you also my learned colleague? grin
Yes o grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Famorori: 9:21am On Feb 27, 2023
Good morning. Thank you for these information. I am just starting this process. I want to confirm how I can evaluate A Level certificate, also want to know how possible for a family of 5. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by braine(m): 10:08am On Feb 27, 2023
Famorori:
Good morning. Thank you for these information. I am just starting this process. I want to confirm how I can evaluate A Level certificate, also want to know how possible for a family of 5. Thank you.

Page 1 has your answers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ciwi: 10:11am On Feb 27, 2023
fumisko:

Hi
Congratulations
please how and where do I submit my passport. I have received RFV email.
Thanks so much
Sent you a direct mail

I don’t think you quoted the right person
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ROTTWEILER007: 12:14pm On Feb 27, 2023
Please how where you able to resolve it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ROTTWEILER007: 12:15pm On Feb 27, 2023
fabmo:
Good morning,

Please I need help , I have been trying to evaluate my IJMB certificate with WES. But, the school (ABU zaria) is not able send the transcript to them . Does anyone have this issue? and how did you resolve it?
please how were you able to resolve this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by maxyboss212(m): 7:56am On Feb 28, 2023
Good day guys,
Please do you know of any province where I can get provincial nomination as a branch operations manager. My spouse have her sibling as a PR in Alberta. Please kindly assist
Regards
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nymphomaniac(m): 8:58am On Feb 28, 2023
maxyboss212:
Good day guys,
Please do you know of any province where I can get provincial nomination as a branch operations manager. My spouse have her sibling as a PR in Alberta. Please kindly assist
Regards
enter the pool for federal skilled workers. Let your spouse try to take the French exam and add to your points. This is on the assumption you guys are above 35yrs respectively. Then apply for Alberta provincial nomination program as well. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 9:06am On Feb 28, 2023
nymphomaniac:
enter the pool for federal skilled workers. Let your spouse try to take the French exam and add to your points. This is on the assumption you guys are above 35yrs respectively. Then apply for Alberta provincial nomination program as well. All the best.
Alberta picks from the pool. So they just need to get into the pool to be noticed by Alberta.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 9:10am On Feb 28, 2023
maxyboss212:
Good day guys,
Regards
If you are yet to get into the pool, do every thing required to get into the pool. No one knows the occupation in demand in Alberta till they are invited and we compile the NOCs. Having a sibling in Alberta is an added advantage for you provided they are in need of your primary occupation. You can also start the French classes as nymphomaniac suggested so you can stand a chance at federal level if age is no longer on your side. All the best!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by AjalaAce: 12:19pm On Feb 28, 2023
Hello everyone.

Is there anyone here whose skilled work experience is in IT project management? Abeg, which NOC did you use?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Famorori: 5:26pm On Feb 28, 2023
Good afternoon great people. Thank you for these information. I am just starting this process. I want to confirm how I can evaluate A Level certificate Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nymphomaniac(m): 5:42pm On Feb 28, 2023
Famorori:
Good afternoon great people. Thank you for these information. I am just starting this process. I want to confirm how I can evaluate A Level certificate Thank you.
page 1
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by emmadeking(m): 6:36pm On Feb 28, 2023
My WES report did not state "Two or more certificates " rather it states: CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY... Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year).

Please, is this how it should be stated?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by shaynehuey: 7:26pm On Feb 28, 2023
emmadeking:
My WES report did not state "Two or more certificates " rather it states: CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY... Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year).

Please, is this how it should be stated?

Yes, that's how it should be. 2 or more certificates is how it'll show on the ircc portal

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by HawksDude(m): 8:32pm On Feb 28, 2023
Good evening all,

I intend to claim NOC 20012 – Computer and information systems managers for my application.

I am focusing on the tech aspect. Do you think this will fly for the NOC code?

Here is a snapshot of my responsibilities. I need your help.

The job title is Business Development Manager

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Acquiredollars(m): 11:51pm On Feb 28, 2023
Good evening house,

Do I need to pay another evaluation fees to WES for another credential evaluation?

Note: I have done MSc evaluation with them earlier, now I want to do for my PhD credential.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by thug: 12:38am On Mar 01, 2023
Am a pharmacist of 30yrs with a year experience, can I apply for the FSW. And what's the step by step guide. Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 12:42am On Mar 01, 2023
Acquiredollars:
Good evening house,

Do I need to pay another evaluation fees to WES for another credential evaluation?

Note: I have done MSc evaluation with them earlier, now I want to do for my PhD credential.

Thanks
yes 100 cad or so

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (632) (Reply)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

Viewing this topic: MoreTech(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.