Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (404) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1050189 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) ... (631) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nymphomaniac(m): 1:11am On Mar 01, 2023
March 1 - praying for a draw that will favor those awaiting ITA. Happy new months guys.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Here2go: 1:45am On Mar 01, 2023
Hello everyone.

My mum's passport was submitted at Vfs on Thursday by proxy. She didn't pay for courier as she has the signed consent form to pick up the passport when it is returned.

I received emails yesterday and again today saying the passport has been received at the Abuja VCO and is ready for collection. It also stated that "Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice". I'm confused because we submitted at Lagos VFs and not Abuja. Secondly, we didn't pay for courier. I've emailed them but no response so far (I don't expect one for at least 48hours), I got my sister to call but they said their office is closed due to elections.

Has someone here experienced this recently? If anyone knows how I can go about this please let me know. I'd highly appreciate it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nymphomaniac(m): 7:23am On Mar 01, 2023
Here2go:
Hello everyone.

My mum's passport was submitted at Vfs on Thursday by proxy. She didn't pay for courier as she has the signed consent form to pick up the passport when it is returned.

I received emails yesterday and again today saying the passport has been received at the Abuja VCO and is ready for collection. It also stated that "Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice". I'm confused because we submitted at Lagos VFs and not Abuja. Secondly, we didn't pay for courier. I've emailed them but no response so far (I don't expect one for at least 48hours), I got my sister to call but they said their office is closed due to elections.

Has someone here experienced this recently? If anyone knows how I can go about this please let me know. I'd highly appreciate it.
this should be in the tourist visa thread I believe
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Undyinglove: 8:21am On Mar 01, 2023
Good morning
Pls can I use neco to study abroad
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Mhoeyor(m): 10:17am On Mar 01, 2023
Hello Everyone, please have they changed Foreign Work Experience to 25points because a month ago it was 50points if you have the required work experience. I have a 10-year work experience in the same company and I saw 25points but when I used the CRS calculator, it was 50points. Please assist.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by donsimon2(m): 10:48am On Mar 01, 2023
Hoping for the best. But somehow i wont be surprised if IRCC decide to be funny again this week.
nymphomaniac:
March 1 - praying for a draw that will favor those awaiting ITA. Happy new months guys.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Oluwadee1: 2:32pm On Mar 01, 2023
Lolade30:
Hey,
sorry just seeing this.
I got a provincial nomination from Alberta towards the end of last year, been in the pool for quite a while with 425points.
So yeah, I'm one of the positive ones.
Do your research and get in the pool. Even with less than 400 points, you can get an ITA
All the best!

Hello please if you don't mind can you share how you got your provincial nomination, I am currently in the pool with 438 score
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Spares: 4:42pm On Mar 01, 2023
Good evening all.Please I requested for a GCMS notes through my agent since last year November and yet to receive it.Can someone please advice me on what to do? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Eejb: 4:56pm On Mar 01, 2023
AjalaAce:
Hello everyone.

Is there anyone here whose skilled work experience is in IT project management? Abeg, which NOC did you use?

21222, the role is in the full index of titles, but ensure you match the main duties properly.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 5:33pm On Mar 01, 2023
Mhoeyor:
Hello Everyone, please have they changed Foreign Work Experience to 25points because a month ago it was 50points if you have the required work experience. I have a 10-year work experience in the same company and I saw 25points but when I used the CRS calculator, it was 50points. Please assist.

Looks like it may be your IELTS.

*50 points for Foreign Work Experience if you get CLB 9 or higher on ALL i.e. LRWS 8777 or higher.

*25 points for Foreign Work Experience if you get below CLB 9 on any.

Study these from posts 2 and 3 of page 1:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/language-requirements/test-equivalency-charts.html

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by shaynehuey: 6:15pm On Mar 01, 2023
no draws today?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by naijainstinct: 6:51pm On Mar 01, 2023
thug:
Am a pharmacist of 30yrs with a year experience, can I apply for the FSW. And what's the step by step guide. Thanks in advance
Peruse page 1 carefully
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Timmypaul: 7:07pm On Mar 01, 2023
shaynehuey:
no draws today?
let wait till 8pm.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Qwertyuser: 7:57pm On Mar 01, 2023
Timmypaul:
let wait till 8pm.

PNP draw..sighs
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by thelma76(f): 7:59pm On Mar 01, 2023
Qwertyuser:

PNP draw..sighs

They held a PNP draw?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Acquiredollars(m): 8:05pm On Mar 01, 2023
thelma76:

They held a PNP draw?

Yes....748
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nymphomaniac(m): 8:09pm On Mar 01, 2023
Tomorrow for FSW only draw. KEEP THE FAITH

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 8:13pm On Mar 01, 2023
nymphomaniac:
Unlikely
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by donsimon2(m): 8:18pm On Mar 01, 2023
No need to raise our hopes jare ...They've obviously decided to stop fsw invitations for some reason. Let's just pray they resume soon
nymphomaniac:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Timmypaul: 8:30pm On Mar 01, 2023
With the look of things it may seem as though ircc don’t wanna go below 490, they keep waiting for high scores on the pool before they conduct draw.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by horlorbah(m): 9:36pm On Mar 01, 2023
Timmypaul:
With the look of things it may seem as though ircc don’t wanna go below 490, they keep waiting for high scores on the pool before they conduct draw.
This is really annoying and soo painful. I will forever regret missing out on ITA on Dec 23, 2020 due to tie breaking rules! I was so sure of getting ITA in the next draw then they suspended draw for nearly a year and half now, the scores keep getting higher and age keep increasing 😩
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:49pm On Mar 01, 2023
horlorbah:

This is really annoying and soo painful. I will forever regret missing out on ITA on Dec 23, 2020 due to tie breaking rules! I was so sure of getting ITA in the next draw then they suspended draw for nearly a year and half now, the scores keep getting higher and age keep increasing 😩
There’s no need to regret it wasn’t your fault. Don’t beat yourself. If you can learn French learn French it’ll add to your scores

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by horlorbah(m): 10:01pm On Mar 01, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

There’s no need to regret it wasn’t your fault. Don’t beat yourself. If you can learn French learn French it’ll add to your scores
How many months will it take me to learn French to the point where I can take and pass the exam??
P.S: I'm a faster learner

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Llaye: 10:04pm On Mar 01, 2023
I’m not sure this is it, because I can’t see how keeping the scores high serves them. I think they’re starting to lean towards occupations in demand draws through the PNP since most PNP holders are in occupations that are in demand by their provinces .

I just wish they would inform us before changing things randomly. I understand it’s their country and they can choose whatever system they like, but it does seem “improper” (read: unfair) to change systems suddenly while keeping applicants in the dark. Especially when you say you are trying to attract people.

But they can get away with doing things this way, so I guess we have to accept it. 😥

Me and my 502 score have been sitting in the pool for about four weeks now, yet no ITA. Who would have thought that could happen?

Timmypaul:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Timmypaul: 10:22pm On Mar 01, 2023
Llaye:
I’m not sure this is it, because I can’t see how keeping the scores high serves them. I think they’re starting to lean towards occupations in demand draws through the PNP since most PNP holders are in occupations that are in demand by their provinces .

I just wish they would inform us before changing things randomly. I understand it’s their country and they can choose whatever system they like, but it does seem “improper” (read: unfair) to change systems suddenly while keeping applicants in the dark. Especially when you say you are trying to attract people.

But they can get away with doing things this way, so I guess we have to accept it. 😥

Me and my 502 score have been sitting in the pool for about four weeks now, yet no ITA. Who would have thought that could happen?

With your 502, you gat no worries you will get your ita anytime the draw come up, relax yourself. I wish my score is around 500. I’m stalked on 481 it’s really painful 😓.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 10:43pm On Mar 01, 2023
Llaye:

I believe draws will resume again but then the scores will be high. Also Canada stands to achieve a few things from high scores, more educated, younger and French speakers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 10:51pm On Mar 01, 2023
Profgordons:

I believe draws will resume again but then the scores will be high. Also Canada stands to achieve a few things from high scores, more educated, younger and French speakers.
if the high scores served them. They wont introduce that bill targeting specific occupations. A lot of those professionals degrees that gave people masters scores didn’t mean there was labour shortages in those occupations . Majority of the jobs in Canada requires high school or bsc too. The reason for the high scores is more applicants. Many of the other developed countries have harsh immigration policies making people focus on canada
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 11:09pm On Mar 01, 2023
ednut1:
if the high scores served them. They wont introduce that bill targeting specific occupations. A lot of those professionals degrees that gave people masters scores didn’t mean there was labour shortages in those occupations . Majority of the jobs in Canada requires high school or bsc too. The reason for the high scores is more applicants. Many of the other developed countries have harsh immigration policies making people focus on canada
Yes of course a lot of attention has been drawn to Canada over the years and have appeared to be the El Dorado for most of us but skills is just one of the reasons Canada need people, most of the people who leave for Canada end up being under employed, demographics is one of the greatest reasons they need people.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Acquiredollars(m): 11:11pm On Mar 01, 2023
Good day house,

Do I need my SSCE result to enter the pool?

I have the photocopy....I was rubbed sometime ago, and the bastards went away with my bag, some of my vital documents were inside the bag.

I have however sworn an affidavit.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Mhoeyor(m): 12:05am On Mar 02, 2023
GraciousWords:

Looks like it may be your IELTS.

50 points for Foreign Work Experience if you get CLB 9 or higher on ALL i.e. LRWS 8777 or higher
25 points for Foreign Work Experience if you get below CLB 9 on any

Study these from posts 2 and 3 of page 1:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/language-requirements/test-equivalency-charts.html

Thank you for your response however thats why I am puzzled because I had L8.0 R9.0 S8.0 W7.0
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by KingyKing: 12:14am On Mar 02, 2023
Anyone has an available apartment for April / May around Kitchener, Ontario or environs?

Please PM. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) ... (631) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: Bassman14 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.