Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (415) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1045531 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) ... (630) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by babajeje123(m): 5:50pm On Mar 16, 2023
Timmypaul:
Myself and my wife are currently living in Uk. My wife is a registered nurse, I work as a secondary school teacher, I went into teaching simply because of the limited opportunities here in Uk, I told myself I wouldn’t do dirty jobs here in England just for survival. I’m a bioengeer, I lived in Norway for three years I had a better life over there but I had to move down to uk because of my kids, I always wanted my kids to grow up in an English speaking environment. Let me explain something to you people who have very good jobs here in uk, I mean they earn over 70k pounds are not doing better than I am because of the tax, when you earn over 50k pounds you get taxed by 40percent, at the end of the year their salaries and mine does not have much difference. The country is structured in such a way that they don’t want you to stack to much money in your account. You see lots of people with masters degree working in care homes, ware house doing all sorts of odd jobs they have got no choice. Have got two siblings in Canada one completed his masters few months ago he got a job worth 95k cad a year, it’s difficult to get such here na only grace of god fit make you get am for here. Lots of business you can venture into compared to Uk. I’m sure the role you claimed you got with nhs is data analyst which is around 29k to 32k per annum, if you remove tax your take home is way lesser than guys living in Canada. If you take your brother’s advice I’m sure you won’t regret it.
Thank you for this piece, I really appreciate it. On a lighter mood, you sounded as if you were the one who printed the offer letter. It's a cyber role.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Timmypaul: 5:53pm On Mar 16, 2023
babajeje123:

Thank you for this piece, I really appreciate it. On a lighter mood, you sounded as if you were the one who printed the offer letter. It's a cyber role.
sorry my bad, a couple of friends of mine who are into tech got employed lately most of them went into that. I assumed you got the role as well.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by UnconventionalT: 5:58pm On Mar 16, 2023
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Sapy442: 6:49pm On Mar 16, 2023
Good day all
I am a plumber with experience, 4 years experience. I have worked with a couple of engineers and handled projects on my own.

But my problem is in all these I haven't had or obtained any certification as it is not required here in naija.
But wanting to apply, I have to go and get these certificate, proof of my experience, trade certificate and so on....
Please does anyone have any idea how one can get these certificates cos I learned as an apprentice and their was no certificate after, I only started working having perfected my plumbing skills.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cutebear: 8:04pm On Mar 16, 2023
You are not alone. Many people are leaving the UK for Canada. You can't compare sponsorship visa to permanent residency
babajeje123:
Please has anybody successfully moved from the UK to Canada? I've a brother that's a PR and he's asking me to come with my family. I'm sceptical about this as I don't know why he thinks Canada is better than the UK. He hasn't lived in the UK so he doesn't have practical experience. I want someone who has lived in both countries to kindly share their practical experience. My wife is really emotional about the whole thing as she wants us to leave the UK but I don't want to go and start all over again as one is getting settled here by God's grace. Pls help
I've booked for IELTS test to make her happy but thinking of cancelling it.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by babajeje123(m): 8:17pm On Mar 16, 2023
cutebear:
You are not alone. Many people are leaving the UK for Canada. You can't compare sponsorship visa to permanent residency
Thanks bro, if I may ask, did you leave UK for Canada?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by YettieD: 8:31pm On Mar 16, 2023
Hello Greenverte
Could you please put me through how you went about using Branch?

greenverte:
Hi all,
Update on financial institutions you can use for you PR application.
I could remember disturbing someone who used piggyvest and was successful, I used Branch International services (Branch loan app) and got my PR application approved.
The investment interest rate (20% per annum) was far better than the regular banking institutions interest rates.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Wsx2: 8:48pm On Mar 16, 2023
cutebear:

I am in canada don’t let anyone deceive it’s not easy in canada. Don’t go by word of mouth I live here for now. 80 percent of residence here earns just between 40k to 45k cad per annum.

Also note that Jobs is very difficult to get in canada. Skilled jobs are more difficult. Menial jobs are also not everywhere. Also things are very expensive here most especially accommodation. Canada is between no doubt and everything is working but not the way it’s being painted . Only thing is most Average job hours are from 15, 17, 19cad of which junior doctors in uk get 14 pounds per hour which is just a bit higher than minimum here ! Also note that the social work that people are doing easily in uk you can’t try that here in canada. You must study before getting social work job you must have passed PSW . Also most jobs here requires a license certificate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zacatecas: 9:11pm On Mar 16, 2023
Hello house , I have a Post Graduate Diploma in microbiology,Please do I need To add my B.Sc when evaluating in Wes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cutebear: 9:28pm On Mar 16, 2023
I just got PPR. I'll be leaving the UK after my Masters.
babajeje123:

Thanks bro, if I may ask, did you leave UK for Canada?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by omotola90(m): 10:01pm On Mar 16, 2023
YettieD:
Hello Greenverte

I believe you want to ask about branch....you sent me a mail but I can't get to see what it entails but this makes me assume that you need inquiries on branch app
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Cousiim: 10:12pm On Mar 16, 2023
Well said 👏👏
Timmypaul:
Myself and my wife are currently living in Uk. My wife is a registered nurse, I work as a secondary school teacher, I went into teaching simply because of the limited opportunities here in Uk, I told myself I wouldn’t do dirty jobs here in England just for survival. I’m a bioengeer, I lived in Norway for three years I had a better life over there but I had to move down to uk because of my kids, I always wanted my kids to grow up in an English speaking environment. Let me explain something to you people who have very good jobs here in uk, I mean they earn over 70k pounds are not doing better than I am because of the tax, when you earn over 50k pounds you get taxed by 40percent, at the end of the year their salaries and mine does not have much difference. The country is structured in such a way that they don’t want you to stack to much money in your account. You see lots of people with masters degree working in care homes, ware house doing all sorts of odd jobs they have got no choice. Have got two siblings in Canada one completed his masters few months ago he got a job worth 95k cad a year, it’s difficult to get such here na only grace of god fit make you get am for here. Lots of business you can venture into compared to Uk. I’m sure the role you claimed you got with nhs is data analyst which is around 29k to 32k per annum, if you remove tax your take home is way lesser than guys living in Canada. If you take your brother’s advice I’m sure you won’t regret it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Arny990(m): 10:40pm On Mar 16, 2023
Good afternoon, everyone. I am interested in moving to Canada from Greece. It's not even for me, but for my brother who lives there. I just decided to help him with it in any way I can. He plans to work there in a private home building. He has a college degree, but he works with his hands. There is also a desire to open a small firm there to take normal objects and not hide and make do with small jobs. Also interested in the issue of moving there his crews with whom he works, or rather they work for him. What he will need to make out? I just heard that it is easy to open a company, but it is more difficult to hire people from another country. It seems to be necessary to get an lmia alberta. I do not even know how to call it correctly. Who can suggest something. I would be grateful for any advice.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by YettieD: 1:00am On Mar 17, 2023
Yes exactly. I couldn't send you an actual mail because we aren't connected.
How did you go about using Branch app for the pof considering the transaction limits Incase of a gift deed. Thank you

omotola90:
I believe you want to ask about branch....you sent me a mail but I can't get to see what it entails but this makes me assume that you need inquiries on branch app
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by deyplay: 7:18am On Mar 17, 2023
ednut1:
talk to your brother. With Canada PR you can do soft landing and stay outside for 3 years in a 5 years period. Meaning you don't have to move fully till you get a job so you keep doing your nhs job. Shikena
I think it is 1 year after soft landing
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 10:43am On Mar 17, 2023
deyplay:
I think it is 1 year after soft landing
provide evidence of your thought 🙄

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by greenverte(f): 12:12pm On Mar 17, 2023
YettieD:
Hello Greenverte

May I know what exactly you need.

Are you already an account holder?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by YettieD: 12:56pm On Mar 17, 2023
Yes I am.

But I intend doing a gift deed and there's usually a transaction limit on the wallet. How did you overcome that? Or what do you advise?
greenverte:

May I know what exactly you need.

Are you already an account holder?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zeus04: 12:56pm On Mar 17, 2023
Wsx2:

I am in canada don’t let anyone deceive it’s not easy in canada. Don’t go by word of mouth I live here for now. 80 percent of residence here earns just between 40k to 45k cad per annum.

Also note that Jobs is very difficult to get in canada. Skilled jobs are more difficult. Menial jobs are also not everywhere. Also things are very expensive here most especially accommodation. Canada is between no doubt and everything is working but not the way it’s being painted . Only thing is most Average job hours are from 15, 17, 19cad of which junior doctors in uk get 14 pounds per hour which is just a bit higher than minimum here ! Also note that the social work that people are doing easily in uk you can’t try that here in canada. You must study before getting social work job you must have passed PSW . Also most jobs here requires a license certificate.

I agree with obtaining certifications to boost your chances which is the same in all parts of the world, but the fact that 80% of people earn 45k/yr is not exactly true. I am in recruiting here and to the least, I have a fairly good data on this topic.

I lived in the UK for some years and it wasn't that bad there too. In my opinion, I would surely choose Canada ahead cos of how easy it is to own assets (house) and the clear transition to becoming a citizen (years 3). I have friends here making 7k weekly... They have been here for about 1 year. Meanwhile, the weather here is harsh and it's harder to go back home due to the long distance unlike UK.

Everyone should chase what they wanna... So long the goal is to leave Naija but I wouldn't discourage anyone from coming to Canada. The circle you keep will always determine your success anywhere.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by fisolaire: 1:57pm On Mar 17, 2023
Hi,
I just requested a letter via mail from my fund admin. My husband did his online too. The letter already states that you have access to 25% of it, so it was only the 25% I considered for my PoF, and did a breakdown like this:

bookholla:

Congratulations 🎉
Please,can you share the process of how you used your PFA as POF🙏
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by greenverte(f): 2:46pm On Mar 17, 2023
YettieD:
Yes I am.

But I intend doing a gift deed and there's usually a transaction limit on the wallet. How did you overcome that? Or what do you advise?

You need to write to them for an upgrade.
Contact them through the app which they always respond promptly (best thing I like about them)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by greenverte(f): 2:49pm On Mar 17, 2023
Zeus04:

Everyone should chase what they wanna... So long the goal is to leave Naija but I wouldn't discourage anyone from coming to Canada. The circle you keep will always determine your success anywhere.

I like this.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by thawill: 4:42pm On Mar 17, 2023
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zeewirld: 4:50pm On Mar 17, 2023
thawill:
Hello house,

I’m a ghost reader and I wanted to b certain abt masters at NOUN.

Does WES evaluate it as an equivalence of a masters degree in canada?

Thanks
.Yes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by thawill: 4:59pm On Mar 17, 2023
Zeewirld:
.Yes

Thank youu
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ciwi: 8:36pm On Mar 17, 2023
Zeus04:

I have friends here making 7k weekly... They have been here for about 1 year.

Please wat industry if I may ask

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by bekayy: 8:52pm On Mar 17, 2023
Pls what are they doing to make 7k/week. Thank you.

Zeus04:

I lived in the UK for some years and it wasn't that bad there too. In my opinion, I would surely choose Canada ahead cos of how easy it is to own assets (house) and the clear transition to becoming a citizen (years 3). I have friends here making 7k weekly... They have been here for about 1 year. Meanwhile, the weather here is harsh and it's harder to go back home due to the long distance unlike UK.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by themonk(m): 2:23am On Mar 18, 2023
Zeus04:

I agree with obtaining certifications to boost your chances which is the same in all parts of the world, but the fact that 80% of people earn 45k/yr is not exactly true. I am in recruiting here and to the least, I have a fairly good data on this topic.

I’m genuinely interested in what your friends that make 7k/week do. Once I enter Canada, I would like to join them. Abeg?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Andyosifo(m): 2:30am On Mar 18, 2023
Yes. I did MSc Business Administration there, and I'm currently a PR in Canada.

Hello house,

Thanks[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by thawill: 2:46am On Mar 18, 2023
Andyosifo:
Yes. I did MSc Business Administration there, and I'm currently a PR in Canada.

Hello house,

Thanks

Thank you very much bro. I sent you a pm
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by AyabaS: 3:14am On Mar 18, 2023
Wsx2:

Haba! that is a huge exaggeration. There’s probably a decent number of people earning in that range but not 80%. I agree that Canada is an expensive country, the cost of living is insane. I’ve never lived in UK so can’t offer any insights there but I have several friends there on work permits and study visa and they are all on this Canada waka so something is obviously missing that is spurring them on to still pursue Canada.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) ... (630) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.