Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,896 members, 7,828,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (504) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1062119 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) ... (635) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Afolavid: 6:10pm On Jul 15, 2023
My CELPIP result came in earlier this week. If you're at a crossroad choosing between IELTS and CELPIP... Having written both, I'd advice you go with CELPIP. Self evaluation and preparation is important for anyone you choose though. All the best!

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by onyinyechika08: 6:47pm On Jul 15, 2023
Hello everyone, I was completing my online PR application and I noticed there is no provision in my document checklist to upload IELTS result and birth certificates. Please where do I upload these? Again my spouse who I am not claiming any point with is self employed. What do I upload under his proof of employment?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Afolavid: 6:49pm On Jul 15, 2023
In anticipation for ITA in the next general draw/next few draws, I'm gathering documents that are applicable to my profile/status. From my findings, these are my observations -

1. A FSW applicant who is temporarily living in Canada doesn't need to do a medical examination for their PR application if they have already done it in their previous application (Work or study), unless otherwise stated by the VO during the app processing. - Screenshot 1 ✔️

Note: I thought I should share this since I've seen a couple of FSW applicants already in Canada worrying about getting medicals done.

2. Concerning PCC, IRCC stated 2 conditions that would make a supposedly expired PCC valid for FSW applicants who are already in Canada (prob the one they got during their study/work permit app before leaving their home country). - *** Screenshot 2 ***

1st condition - Was issued after the last time you stayed for 6 months or more in a row
2nd condition- It is not for the country where you currently live

However, I see a lot of applicants worrying about getting PCC even when they seem to meet these conditions (those already in Canada). Is there anyone who has used their expired PCC in such situation.? Opinions please !!!

Lastly, what are the other documents (apart from the usual ones such as ref letter, test result, eca) to gather ahead of an ITA..?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 6:56pm On Jul 15, 2023
Afolavid:
In anticipation for ITA in the next general draw/next few draws, I'm gathering documents that are applicable to my profile/status. From my findings, these are my observations -

1. A FSW applicant who is temporarily living in Canada doesn't need to do a medical examination for their PR application if they have already done it in their previous application (Work or study), unless otherwise stated by the VO during the app processing. - Screenshot 1 ✔️

Note: I thought I should share this since I've seen a couple of FSW applicants already in Canada worrying about getting medicals done.

2. Concerning PCC, IRCC stated 2 conditions that would make a supposedly expired PCC valid for FSW applicants who are already in Canada (prob the one they got during their study/work permit app before leaving their home country). - *** Screenshot 2 ***

1st condition - Was issued after the last time you stayed for 6 months or more in a row

However, I see a lot of applicants worrying about getting PCC even when they seem to meet these conditions (those already in Canada). Is there anyone who has used their expired PCC in such situation.? Opinions please !!!

Lastly, what are the other documents (apart from the usual ones such as ref letter, test result, eca) to gather ahead of an ITA..?
for 2. The pcc most people have was gotten during the application. There is a gap of that date till they left the country. So another pcc is required.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 6:59pm On Jul 15, 2023
onyinyechika08:
Hello everyone, I was completing my online PR application and I noticed there is no provision in my document checklist to upload IELTS result and birth certificates. Please where do I upload these? Again my spouse who I am not claiming any point with is self employed. What do I upload under his proof of employment?
birth certificate is for those claiming sibling point. Your passport already shows your age. Merge the ielts with your ECA report. There is no document required for spouse employment unless it was obtained in Canada. Just state in personal history.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by onyinyechika08: 7:12pm On Jul 15, 2023
ednut1:
birth certificate is for those claiming sibling point. Your passport already shows your age. Merge the ielts with your ECA report. There is no document required for spouse employment unless it was obtained in Canada. Just state in personal history.

Okay, thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Afolavid: 7:33pm On Jul 15, 2023
ednut1:
for 2. The pcc most people have was gotten during the application. There is a gap of that date till they left the country. So another pcc is required.

Thanks for your input, I get your point.

However, the condition "was issued after you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row" is referring to a period of time in which you'll be required to provide a PCC for that country, so I think it's safe to say if the gap of the date they got their PCC to when they left is less than 6 months then they can still use it.

I.e. if the period when you got the PCC to when you left the country is less than 6 months, the PCC would meet this exemption. In my case, the period in which I got the PCC to when I left the country is about 3 months (less than 6 months).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 7:48pm On Jul 15, 2023
Afolavid:

However, the condition "was issued after you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row" is referring to a period of time in which you'll be required to provide a PCC for that country, so I think it's safe to say if the gap of the date they got their PCC to when they left is less than 6 months then they can still use it.

I.e. if the period when you got the PCC to when you left the country is less than 6 months, the PCC would meet this exemption. In my case, the period in which I got the PCC to when I left the country is about 3 months (less than 6 months).
you are interpreting it the way you want it to be. Read it again. It was issued after you stayed in the country meaning you got it after you left the country. They bolded the after for a reason.Go ahead and submit the expired one we go dey here when they throw the application inside recycle bin 😁.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 8:07pm On Jul 15, 2023
Afolavid:

I am usually critical of these kind of advisors, it is always better to err on the side of caution than to regret that a meagre 40k spilled the milk. In the grand scheme of things, I will submit even the one that was not asked than to be calculating like Nigeria at every World Cup group stage.

I know someone who thought she had met this PCC conditions like you stated, an Italian to be precise, her family application was rejected and she was only lucky to get another chance due to the low scores for CEC during Covid.

Since you are a prospective PR holder, I will say you should be careful of your “expertise” advice as this could mean grave consequences to many.

Err and err again on the side of caution, to be candid my Spouse doesn’t need a Police report for Canada but after consulting with my egbon Aestake here, She still provided the PCC for Canada.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Afolavid: 8:13pm On Jul 15, 2023
ednut1:
you are interpreting it the way you want it to be. Read it again. It was issued after you stayed in the country meaning you got it after you left the country. They bolded the after for a reason.Go ahead and submit the expired one we go dey here when they throw the application inside recycle bin 😁.

Lol, another angle, the interpretation just dey somehow sha. Small small nah, recycle bin bawo 😁 when they can send ADR... I'll request for a new one since safety comes first 😅 Thanks man!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Afolavid: 8:17pm On Jul 15, 2023
Profgordons:
I am usually critical about these kind of advisors, it is always better to err on the side of caution than to regret that a meagre 40k spilled the beans. In the grand scheme of things, I will submit even the one that was not asked than to be calculating like Nigeria at every World Cup group stage.

I know someone who thought she had met this PCC conditions like you stated, an Italian to be precise, her family application was rejected and she was only lucky to get another chance due to the low scores for CEC during Covid.

Since you are a prospective PR holder, I will say you should be careful of your “expertise” advice as this could mean grave consequences to many.

Err and err again on the side of caution, to be candid my Spouse doesn’t need a Police report for Canada but after consulting with my egbon Aestake here, She still provided the PCC for Canada.

Hmmnnnn, I get your point. It's not even about the cost, it's more about the unnecessary stress the online app for pcc has been giving lately. Thanks a lot for your input. I can start the process immediately right, not necessarily when the ITA comes through.?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 10:34pm On Jul 15, 2023
Afolavid:

Hmmnnnn, I get your point. It's not even about the cost, it's more about the unnecessary stress the online app for pcc has been giving lately. Thanks a lot for your input. I can start the process immediately right, not necessarily when the ITA comes through.?
If you are sure of ITA, why not

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by dlinglos(f): 2:28am On Jul 16, 2023
Hello everyone,
So I'm trying to upload my documents on WES. It was uploaded successfully but my status is still showing "status on hold".
Please has anyone experienced this? What does mean?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 16, 2023
Good day everyone. If my spouse (Dependant & Accompany) is to present Account Statement and Reference for my POF. Note: Not a Joint account. What other Documents am I to present as the Principal applicant concerning the POF ? Pls kindly advise
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 9:31am On Jul 16, 2023
dlinglos:
Hello everyone,
So I'm trying to upload my documents on WES. It was uploaded successfully but my status is still showing "status on hold".
Give it time
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ebaleye85: 10:14am On Jul 16, 2023
I totally agree that there is more to this story than is being told. This story somewhat sounds very familiar to a story I have heard. The woman forged custody documents to take her children away to join her boyfriend who is a married man in Canada, and i hear she almost broke another woman’s home, all in the name of she and the married man were classmates in secondary school. I think the husband got wing of the whole thing and fought to keep his children back in Nigeria. The woman and the married man are still dating till date.
I never jump to conclusions when I hear stories like this. Some people like social media sympathy but not until you hear the other person’s side of the story.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ebaleye85: 10:30am On Jul 16, 2023
ShoeShineGuy:

Honestly, I wanted to react immediately to her post but I decided to scroll down first to see if someone had replied and here you are. I would like to submit that it's quite a pathetic case but for the OP to even take sides without knowing the full story was unfair. I don't even want to judge without knowing why he would act in such a manner. As for the OP accusing the father of denying them a better future and all, I wonder if she had also asked what if the man was indeed super-rich and could have afforded to train the kids without them being taken away from him without his consent.

My point is, it looks as if the man acted in a wicked manner but I still wouldn't want to judge without knowing the entire story of what transpired. Do we even know what caused the separation? It could have been infidelity from either party and it could have also been something else. I am a father too and I love my children so much that if I noticed my wife had betrayed me in the past and now seeking to run away with my children -even doing it to scorn me, my dears I would not deny it, I might act similarly to this man because deep down I know I have given my all to my wife and kids.

As I said, this is quite a depressing end. Marriage is such a complex contract and this is one of its numerous negative fallouts. Instead of genuinely finding a way to fix the crack (not just patching it up) when there's one, we tend to ignore and allow things to fester. May God help us all.. Still, let's desist from judging based on emotions.

I totally agree that there is more to this story than is being told. This story somewhat sounds very familiar to a story I have heard. The woman forged custody documents to take her children away to join her boyfriend who is a married man in Canada, and i hear she almost broke another woman’s home, all in the name of she and the married man were classmates in secondary school. I think the husband got wing of the whole thing and fought to keep his children back in Nigeria. The woman and the married man are still dating till date.I never jump to conclusions when I hear stories like this. Some people like social media sympathy but not until you hear the other person’s side of the story.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Gsilk(f): 10:56am On Jul 16, 2023
Revman:

This is nicéee. Thank you so much. Was looking at Alliance Français online classes but will check out Tobidam because I really need a tutor.

DO NOT.
Just use Alliance Français or IEF.
Can’t say more than this … yet
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by deyplay: 12:54pm On Jul 16, 2023
dlinglos:
Hello everyone,
give it some time and check again. There are many things that do happen with WES. I once paid the fees one time and it said that my money was on hold till after some time, it later said paid. So give it time, if it doesn't show submit then contact their support line
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Enculer2: 1:43pm On Jul 16, 2023
Profgordons:
I am usually critical of these kind of advisors, it is always better to err on the side of caution than to regret that a meagre 40k spilled the milk. In the grand scheme of things, I will submit even the one that was not asked than to be calculating like Nigeria at every World Cup group stage.

Nice quote. Like Nigerians do at the world cup. LOL
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ACSgrains1(m): 1:44pm On Jul 16, 2023
Afolavid:
My CELPIP result came in earlier this week. If you're at a crossroad choosing between IELTS and CELPIP... Having written both, I'd advice you go with CELPIP. Self evaluation and preparation is important for anyone you choose though. All the best!

Hi bro can you recommend best ways to prepare
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Daddybomboy: 2:31pm On Jul 16, 2023
onyinyechika08:

We had the same issue. My spouse is the Principal Applicant and included my work experiences when creating her EE profile.

Post ITA, we deleted my employment information under my "Work History" section and instead provided it only in the "Personal History" section. When we did this, the “Upload button” under Work History on the next page deleted too.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 3:01pm On Jul 16, 2023
Afolavid:

ITA’s are too costly now unlike in the past when a rejected applicant could simply get into the pool and receive another ITA in two weeks. A friend reached out on this same matter after receiving an ITA with CRS 481 in March 2023. I told her to look at the cutoff scores and ask herself what will happen if her application got rejected for being incomplete. She ended up paying getting another set of police reports and medical.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Yeoja: 3:30pm On Jul 16, 2023
In addition to the bank statement, add a letter of no objection stating that you have access to the funds for settlement (signed and written by spouse)
Also add to your letter of explanation.
This is what i did.
teepeehall:
Good day everyone. If my spouse (Dependant & Accompany) is to present Account Statement and Reference for my POF. Note: Not a Joint account. What other Documents am I to present as the Principal applicant concerning the POF ? Pls kindly advise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Acquiredollars(m): 7:28pm On Jul 16, 2023
Good day house,

I was paid cash as salary. I've the following documents as proof of employment;

1. Employment letter
2. Reference letter from my employer indicating the number of years spent on the employment and stating that my salary was paid via cash
3. Employer issued Salary Certificate.
4. Three(3) years of tax clearance certificate

Please, will all these be enough as proof of employment?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aurorae1: 8:04pm On Jul 16, 2023
Gsilk:

DO NOT.
Just use Alliance Français or IEF.
Can’t say more than this … yet

Why is this funny? grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ganie(m): 8:24pm On Jul 16, 2023
aurorae1:

Why is this funny? grin
Please, I need you to help me.
For a married woman that wants to do WES evaluation, is it the name on the certificate that she will use for her profile or her husband's name?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by littyprincess: 8:31pm On Jul 16, 2023
ganie:

For a married woman that wants to do WES evaluation, is it the name on the certificate that she will use for her profile or her husband's name?
For Wes, use name on certificate. For express entry profile, use thé one on your passport. Don’t forget to add an affidavit showing that the two names belong tho the same person
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aurorae1: 8:38pm On Jul 16, 2023
ganie:

A search showed that you should use the name on your passport and/or your certificate.
Keep your marriage certificate hand as proof of your marriage for IRCC.
Let our ogas weigh in though.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by dlinglos(f): 9:55pm On Jul 16, 2023
deyplay:
give it some time and check again. There are many things that do happen with WES. I once paid the fees one time and it said that my money was on hold till after some time, it later said paid. So give it time, if it doesn't show submit then contact their support line

Ok. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by dlinglos(f): 9:57pm On Jul 16, 2023
Profgordons:
Give it time

Ok. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) ... (635) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

Viewing this topic: phabulous88(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.