Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,357 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (503) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1048572 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) ... (631) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 15, 2023
klawaaa:
This is the best move to take. Slow and steady wins the race. Better than paying huge amounts in tuition and working menial jobs while on student visa. The patient dog eats the fattest bone. Right steps in the right direction.

I am deeply grateful for your encouragement. Thank you, thank you, thank you🙏
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by promo4(m): 9:13am On Jul 15, 2023
Revman:
Thank you very much, I don't mind at all.

I used E2 IELTS the first time. Those guys are good and their techniques work 💯. Everybody I have ever referred to their YouTube channel has had success too.

To train my ears for listening, I picked English teachers from different countries to listen to so that I could get used to their different accents. English with Lucy for British accent , mmm English for Australian accent and one other American lady that I cannot remember her name at the moment.

I also did loads of real IELTS practice tests for listening and reading under test conditions. I couldn't do same for speaking and writing for obvious reasons but I watched every E2 IELTS mock video on those and followed their live classes.

I was really pumped up that time so I gave it everything.

As for the second time, I really just booked that exam and went for it because if I had waited my fear would have gotten the best of me. My only preparation was to rewatch all E2 IELTS super methods videos to reacquaint myself with their strategies.

You see those strategies, hold them dear. Form acronyms for them if you can. It will help you remember.

But in all, na God finally because na Him dey bless and magnify effort. I remain grateful to Him.

If anyone needs help with IELTS, please reach out. I will do what I can to help you. May God bless us all on this journey.

Thanks alot for taking out time to give a detailed response. This info will surely help and I will reach out if I have any further concerns.

Thanks again!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by pato405(m): 9:26am On Jul 15, 2023
Brunobia:

Lol I guess many of us on this journey feel the same way. When I started this my japa journey in 2020 nobody in my institution was even thinking of japaring. I'm still here after over 2 years. Not even an ITA or NOI. Over 200 staff in my workplace (federal university) have japaed and gone. Although 98% went to UK so that's what I use to console myself. But I weep inside. Wondering who did I offend. Why did I not start this journey in 2018 when the crs cut off was friendly. My perfect ielts expired early this year. I had already sworn I was not taking it again that canada can go and use their head to hit wall lol
But when I saw more and more persons japaring from my institution even those I never thought would leave I decided to write again. I really went to the exam center with an I don't care attitude cos I was demotivated and so over the whole thing. I was even practicing on my French app while waiting for the ielts exam to start...lol.to show you how I really didn't give 2 fcks about them.
Result came out 3 days later (I took the computer based test)
LRSW 8.5, 9, 8, 7.5
I'm sitting at exactly your score now due to my age. I felt akin to your comment cos our scores are almost at par and we both gave up at one time.
Cheers!

Dont give up yet!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by spyware44: 9:29am On Jul 15, 2023
ive been trying to track my application. whenever i try to sign up on the tracker, i get this error message;

"Incorrect or invalid information. Review and make sure it matches the information submitted on the Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] form or the Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual [IMM 5475] form. If you can’t create an account, it may be because your client’s application is not in our system yet"

I have a UCI and my medicals and biometrics have already been passed and the rest are showing, "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" but i cant track what could be the issue
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by pato405(m): 9:30am On Jul 15, 2023
Revman:
I have been on this journey since 2019.

Wrote my first IELTS and got LRSW 9987, CRS was 463 then COVID hit and everything went downhill from there. Watching time run out on my IELTS was one of the most painful things, I was so pained that I just ignored Canada.

Last month a friend encouraged me to write IELTS and enter the pool again. I did on the 24th and got LRSW 9888. I was so afraid but thank God I passed. CRS is now 445 due to age. The pain no be here.

Meanwhile I did a tech course in 2022 and pivoted because law is not a cross-border profession. I also dabbled into farming during COVID because man must chop.

As it stands now na only God fit run this Canada PR for me and I am writing this post just to put it out there that I will not write this traumatic IELTS again and my ECA will not expire in my hand without me and my family getting our PR.

Currently also learning french. I have suffered on top this matter.

Tired of feeling down about this so I just had to let it out. Pardon my rant abeg.

Oluwa please show up for your girl. Any which way na way.

Don't give up yet pls. Wish you could pm. Try the PNP route!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 15, 2023
promo4:

Thanks alot for taking out time to give a detailed response. This info will surely help and I will reach out if I have any further concerns.

Thanks again!

You are welcome. Yeah, do reach out anytime. Will be glad to help.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by omans14(m): 11:07am On Jul 15, 2023
GraciousWords:

Not sure we have a clear answer on this, sorry. But see here -

https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/494#124280923

Thank you so much. I appreciate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 15, 2023
pato405:

Don't give up yet pls. Wish you could pm. Try the PNP route!

Thanks a lot for the encouragement. I will contact you right now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ruby99999: 12:54pm On Jul 15, 2023
Good day Everyone,

Please what are the chances that the CRS cutoff score will fall to 475-480 this year based on recent scores and also number of candidates in the pool?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by bekayy: 1:48pm On Jul 15, 2023
My sisters own took approximately 6 weeks.
Congrats.

Qwertyuser:

Congratulations ooo…let me wait patiently for 6 more weeks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by okikiosibodu(m): 1:52pm On Jul 15, 2023
Emmaus12:
u dont need ur immunization cards expect your covid vaccine cards, even ur kids dont need to shw their cards.

for meds just be upfront, cos your blood work, urine or xray go show anything, i clearly stated i was on meds but i hadnt take them in 2 days cos i forgot them and i was stressed with my hellish trip to get to abuja

Thank you. That was really helpful. I don dey ask hospitals around here of vaccines an immigrant is to take. Dem just dey pass me from doc, to nurse, to lab scientists. They were all avoiding it.

I even desire to get a list of all vaccines and find out the ones I have taken, and the ones I am yet to take.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by bekayy: 1:54pm On Jul 15, 2023
Just look at how the journey is different and very difficult for some. Then in the future some people who passed through this same journey would now become proud and be laughing at the people who are in the shoes they were once in and even have the effrontery to be saying that they should block immigration.

I pray for hope, strength and belief for everyone on this journey. That GOD will give you a miracle and that soonest, It will change for good.

Remember to always be humble and grateful when things turn around.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by okikiosibodu(m): 1:58pm On Jul 15, 2023
Thanks for your response. Please is there a stipulated time for her to stay in Canada after "soft landing"? I am guessing the maximum time she can get off work will be 30 days, which will be her annual leave.

How we arrived at 499?
My age: 33
My highest qualification: MSc (ECA completed in 2020)
My IELTS: 8.5,8.5,7.5,7.5 in LRSW (April 2023)
Work experience: 8 years+ (not in healthcare, IT or any of the high demand occupations in Canada)

Her age: 26
Her highest qualification: MSc
Her IELTS (July 1, 2023): 8.5, 9.0, 8.5. 7.5 in LRSW
Work experience: 5 years+ before this new appointment.
Applying as a couple both coming to Canada puts us on 499.

Thanks

I envy you people's IELTS results o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by adebee16: 2:01pm On Jul 15, 2023
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Emmaus12: 2:27pm On Jul 15, 2023
Na only covid u need show

okikiosibodu:

Thank you. That was really helpful. I don dey ask hospitals around here of vaccines an immigrant is to take. Dem just dey pass me from doc, to nurse, to lab scientists. They were all avoiding it.

I even desire to get a list of all vaccines and find out the ones I have taken, and the ones I am yet to take.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 2:27pm On Jul 15, 2023
bekayy:
Just look at how the journey is different and very difficult for some. Then in the future some people who passed through this same journey would now become proud and be laughing at the people who are in the shoes they were once in and even have the effrontery to be saying that they should block immigration.

I pray for hope, strength and belief for everyone on this journey. That GOD will give you a miracle and that soonest, It will change for good.

Govt and people have the interest to see a working country and system. Uncontrolled situations are not desirable even to those trying to migrate!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Oliveth96(f): 2:36pm On Jul 15, 2023
cochtrane:

The first thing on that list should be creating a profile. I tell people all the time. The very first thing you want to do is create a profile and then go ahead with other stuff. Then as you obtain them, you update your profile. I don't think I need to go into the details of why this is the best approach: tie-breaking rule, random nominations for PNP, category-based selections, etc. This particular statement from IRCC is noteworthy: "If you are hoping to apply to the Federal Skilled Trades Program or Canadian Experience Class, an ECA is optional, but it may help you earn more points for the education component on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) and improve your chances of being invited to apply."

So even if your ECA isn't complete yet?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 2023Blessed: 2:44pm On Jul 15, 2023
okikiosibodu:

I envy you people's IELTS results o
smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ganie(m): 3:12pm On Jul 15, 2023
Please for someone that has a PGD,HND and OND which of these should the person evaluate for EE points?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 3:19pm On Jul 15, 2023
Thanks for your response. Please is there a stipulated time for her to stay in Canada after "soft landing"? I am guessing the maximum time she can get off work will be 30 days, which will be her annual leave.

How we arrived at 499?
My age: 33
My highest qualification: MSc (ECA completed in 2020)
My IELTS: 8.5,8.5,7.5,7.5 in LRSW (April 2023)
Work experience: 8 years+ (not in healthcare, IT or any of the high demand occupations in Canada)

Her age: 2**
Her highest qualification: MSc
Her IELTS (July 1, 2023): 8.5, 9.0, 8.5. 7.5 in LRSW
Work experience: 5 years+ before this new appointment.
Applying as a couple both coming to Canada puts us on 499.

Thanks
Only requirement to be able to renew her permanent residence card is 720-750 days in 5 years.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 3:25pm On Jul 15, 2023
NuCypher:

If you can become a citizen of Canada after staying three years in Canada, you can go back and live with your wife in Nigeria while she holds a PR. That way, she can stay everlastingly out of Canada as a PR and still be able to renew her PR.

Ultimately though, there's no kind of lucrative job she can have in Nigeria that will be much better than a lucractive job in Canada, if she searches well for one. She should continue searching for a job in Canada while she is in Nigeria. Good jobs in Canada will ultimately pay more than good jobs in Nigeria, except she got a CEO position in a top bank. And even at that sef, there are regular tech jobs in Canada that beat CEO pay in Nigeria. Let me put this out there.
I disagree with you on the second paragraph. There are many things people in Canada desire that they cannot get but people in Nigeria stand a chance of getting. Nigeria is an emerging economy and successful entrepreneurs can make the kind of profit margins they will not make in Canada. It is also easier to get appointed to a senior public position in your come country than as a minority in Canada. The list is endless. Individuals and families weigh the pros and cons before deciding on what direction to go (remain in Nigeria or move to Canada). I can assure you that both have their pros and cons. Its not 100% better in Canada and 100% worse in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 3:27pm On Jul 15, 2023

Thank you for your contribution Sir. The bolded is exactly what I plan to achieve. Your response alongside that of others who have graciously shared their knowledge is the right motivation I need to forge ahead. I'm grateful.

As regards to the job she just got, I am the one urging her not to let go as a matter of fact. I quite agree with you that there are higher paying jobs in Canada but I'd like to mention some of the perks of this job in Nigeria viz;
1. It is a permanent Federal government job. ****
2. The agency is responsible for the children's education up to university (up to 6 children).
3. The agency offers free medical services to staff and their nuclear families. This is independent of NHIS.
4. The remuneration/allowances per annum is *** for her level and gets better as she rises through the ladder. She has ** years left in service.
****, the agency will cater for the relocation expenses of her spouse if he wishes to join her.
7. Staff are encouraged to learn at least a foreign language (especially French) and the cost of that is fully borne by the agency, etc.

Now, I know this may not be a lot for some people but it is for me. In my opinion, we can have the best of both worlds. I don't want to be the husband who will be relocating from one country to another with my wife and living on her employer. That's why I want to pursue my own hustle. The only way I can also bring something worthwhile to the table in terms of finances is by seeking better opportunities in a place like Canada. Already, I am about to enrol for training in digital skills (either web development, data analysis or cyber security), so that in the long term, I can consider remote jobs while globetrotting with my spouse.

Thank you once again for your input. God bless you
Sounds more like NI . If my guess is right kindly seek legal advice on the Canadian PR so you/wife don't fail the security screening. Canada, USA and other countries tend to turn down residence permit/citizenship applications from applicants who have a history working in agencies like this. You can read Section 34 of the CSIS Act which deals with inadmissibility based on security.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 3:34pm On Jul 15, 2023
Brunobia:

Lol I guess many of us on this journey feel the same way. When I started this my japa journey in 2020 nobody in my institution was even thinking of japaring. I'm still here after over 2 years. Not even an ITA or NOI. Over 200 staff in my workplace (federal university) have japaed and gone. Although 98% went to UK so that's what I use to console myself. But I weep inside. Wondering who did I offend. Why did I not start this journey in 2018 when the crs cut off was friendly. My perfect ielts expired early this year. I had already sworn I was not taking it again that canada can go and use their head to hit wall lol
But when I saw more and more persons japaring from my institution even those I never thought would leave I decided to write again. I really went to the exam center with an I don't care attitude cos I was demotivated and so over the whole thing. I was even practicing on my French app while waiting for the ielts exam to start...lol.to show you how I really didn't give 2 fcks about them.
Result came out 3 days later (I took the computer based test)
LRSW 8.5, 9, 8, 7.5
I'm sitting at exactly your score now due to my age. I felt akin to your comment cos our scores are almost at par and we both gave up at one time.
Cheers!
please don't compare yourself to others as we all have different paths in life. Its possible that when Canada eventually works out things will happen so quickly that you'll be glad you didn't move earlier on. Its also possible that you'll get most of the things you desire (lifestyle inclusive) and lose interest in Canada. UK offers temporary study/work visa within a few weeks if the applicant can pay. There is no guarantee that they will all be able to settle permanently in UK. In fact many who moved to UK between September 2021 and now are struggling spending a lot of money to finance their fees and for those working its mostly care jobs. The wave favored people with in-demand tech/consulting skills.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 2023Blessed: 4:18pm On Jul 15, 2023
tshtsh:

You can read Section 34 of the CSIS Act which deals with inadmissibility based on security.
can I send you a private message PLEASE? 🙏🏼
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by lizzy774: 4:34pm On Jul 15, 2023
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by lizzy774: 4:36pm On Jul 15, 2023
Good day,

Please I need materials for celpip, how can I reach you. Thanks

Ibironnie:
Hi guys, wrote my celpip on Saturday at Dragnet vi results came out yesterday lsrw 11,11,12,9. A nice alternative to the almighty ielts. You can buzz me for materials or tips.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by olalekan9320(m): 4:43pm On Jul 15, 2023
dvdami:

How long did it take you to learn French?

Did you have a knowledge of French before preparing for Canada?

11 months, part of it was during lockdown so about 3 to 4 months in between I had nothing to do except french

Nope

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by olalekan9320(m): 4:46pm On Jul 15, 2023
Revman:

This is nicéee. Thank you so much. Was looking at Alliance Français online classes but will check out Tobidam because I really need a tutor.
Focus on AF online, IEF or some other private tutors but not Tobidam that person might even be Tobidam himself except you really have money sha

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 15, 2023
bekayy:

Amen! I believe God. Thank you so much for your prayers and advice.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 5:34pm On Jul 15, 2023
2023Blessed:
can I send you a private message PLEASE? 🙏🏼
Sure

(1) (2) (3) ... (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) ... (631) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: Pelladel(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.