Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,536 members, 7,812,666 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (571) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1045055 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) ... (630) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ZivaChicabelle: 2:28pm On Dec 04, 2023
Gyyv:
Applying from the UK is fine. Just make sure you submit proper documentation. You'll need PCC from the UK as well. Also make sure you submit a valid PCC (Be in the country to use any date before the PCC expires or use the one you collected after you left the country)

Thank you once again for replying me. I am not actually resident in the UK, I am only here on a visit visa. Will I still need to get PCC from here?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dileem: 3:05pm On Dec 04, 2023
Hi everyone.
I will deeply appreciate assistance with these questions:
For Alberta PNP,
1. Apart from creating EE profile, are there other things I am to do?
2. How frequent are the draws for Alberta PNP
I appreciate your help and support
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by dvdami(m): 7:22pm On Dec 04, 2023
cc150615:

Nd and HND will give you the highest score which is 2 or more certificates. Also saves you cost and stress of trying to get bsc transcript, since it won't give you any additional point.

Thank you very much.

The school where I did my HND is notorious for not replying WES for confirmation. So, I'm titling towards evaluating my ND and B.Tech now since it should still give me same points for two or more certificates.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by batros: 7:24pm On Dec 04, 2023
Hello

I seem to be confused by some of these terms.

After I have filled the questionnaire and built my profile with Canada Express Entry, what is the next thing I should be expecting?

Pls, help me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Bambam4life: 7:35pm On Dec 04, 2023
Good evening everyone,

Please a question about POF for express entry. My husband and I are in the pool and I'm the principal applicant. The POF is in my account and we DO NOT HAVE A JOINT ACCOUNT. How do I prove my husband has access to the fund in my account?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by braine(m): 7:44pm On Dec 04, 2023
Bambam4life:
Good evening everyone,

Please a question about POF for express entry. My husband and I are in the pool and I'm the principal applicant. The POF is in my account and we DO NOT HAVE A JOINT ACCOUNT. How do I prove my husband has access to the fund in my account?

Since you are the primary applicant and the money is in your account, that shouldn't be an issue.

However, if theres money in your husband's account that you need to include in your POF, he'd need to write a letter stating that you have access to the money in his account.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Bambam4life: 7:47pm On Dec 04, 2023
Thanks a lot, @braine.
braine:

Since you are the primary applicant and the money is in your account, that shouldn't be an issue.

However, if theres money in your husband's account that you need to include in your POF, he'd need to write a letter stating that he has access to the money in his account.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Gyyv: 8:02pm On Dec 04, 2023
ZivaChicabelle:

Thank you once again for replying me. I am not actually resident in the UK, I am only here on a visit visa. Will I still need to get PCC from here?

Depends on how long you stayed.

See what IRCC says:

You must include police certificates when you apply for permanent residence.

Our online system will ask for a police certificate for:

you and your family members who are 18 years or older
and
every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 10:37pm On Dec 04, 2023
ITA- May 23rd, 2023
AOR- June 1st, 2023
ADR for 6 months POF- 17th Nov, 2023
ADR submitted- 21st Nov, 2023
Eligibility and background check completed on tracker - 22nd Nov, 2023
COPR updated on tracker- 4th Dec, 2023
PPR- 4th Dec, 2023

InLand applicant

21 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by codedarrow: 10:51pm On Dec 04, 2023
Hello Everyone
Please what can I choose here since I’m applying from outside Canada 🇨🇦

Thanks

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by batros: 6:26am On Dec 05, 2023
Hello everyone
I seem to be confused by the terms and acronyms.

After filling the questionnaire for building Canada Express Entry profile, what is the next thing I should be expecting?

Pls, help!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 9:03am On Dec 05, 2023
batros:
Hello everyone
I seem to be confused by the terms and acronyms.

After filling the questionnaire for building Canada Express Entry profile, what is the next thing I should be expecting?

Pls, help!!

In theory the pathway is: Express Entry Profile - Invitation to Apply (ITA) - PR Application Sent - PR Application Approved - Visa - Travel

No need to be confused - study page 1. The acronyms are clearly explained there too.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 9:09am On Dec 05, 2023
codedarrow:
Hello Everyone
Please what can I choose here since I’m applying from outside Canada 🇨🇦

Thanks

6 i) mean say - you don work for inside Canada before? If not, answer is 0
6 ii) mean say - you don work for outside Canada before, whether na UK, Naija, Saudi, or Dubai? If yes answer is the number of years, provided the work meets the conditions written (within 10 years, paid, NOC TEER etc).

Try study page 1.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 9:15am On Dec 05, 2023
Bambam4life:
Good evening everyone,

Your husband doesn't need to show he has access to your account - you are the primary account.

As primary applicant - your own account is fine for POF - it's when the POF is in his account (as dependent spouse) that you need to show you (the primary applicant) have access - not the other way round.

Page 1 post 5
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 9:41am On Dec 05, 2023
ZivaChicabelle:

ZivaChicabelle:

Please will applying from the UK have any adverse effect on my application? My family is back home in Nigeria and I have seriously been considering going back home to apply from there since my deadline got extended by 60 days.

When people apply from a new country, they usually resident in that new place, never heard/read of someone who applied while they were on holiday. Simplest thing would be finish your visit and apply after you return to Nigeria.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

If it were me I would submit my application after going back to Nigeria, I would also get a new PCC. A new PCC will cost far less than the wahala of explaining and a VO misunderstanding how and why the Oct PCC is still valid.

If you are not planning to return to Nigeria before the deadline, then another option (I wouldn't do this personally though) is to submit your app with the old PCC and explain that Nigeria is still your current country of residence and you are only visiting UK (I assume your visit is short and not greater than 6 months), also include the reason for your extended visit (hopefully it is concrete and easy to understand).

Bold - how come your submission date was extended by 60 days? Do you mean you have a today of 120 days to submit from ITA date, not the regular 60?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ZivaChicabelle: 10:19am On Dec 05, 2023
Gyyv:

Depends on how long you stayed.

See what IRCC says:

You must include police certificates when you apply for permanent residence.

Our online system will ask for a police certificate for:

you and your family members who are 18 years or older
and
every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row

I came to the UK mid October and was planning to leave in January so it's less than 6 months.

Thanks again for replying.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ZivaChicabelle: 10:32am On Dec 05, 2023
GraciousWords:

When people apply from a new country, they usually resident in that new place, never heard/read of someone who applied while they were on holiday. Simplest thing would be finish your visit and apply after you return to Nigeria.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

If it were me I would submit my application after going back to Nigeria, I would also get a new PCC. A new PCC will cost far less than the wahala of explaining and a VO misunderstanding how and why the Oct PCC is still valid.

If you are not planning to return to Nigeria before the deadline, then another option (I wouldn't do this personally though) is to submit your app with the old PCC and explain that Nigeria is still your current country of residence and you are only visiting UK (I assume your visit is short and not greater than 6 months), also include the reason for your extended visit (hopefully it is concrete and easy to understand).

Bold - how come your submission date was extended by 60 days? Do you mean you have a today of 120 days to submit from ITA date, not the regular 60?

Thanks again for your direction GraciousWords. I really do appreciate it.

To be honest, I cannot explain how I got the extension but I was granted it alongside others when my application was about 4 days to expiry, the information came by mail and I instantly saw the extra 60 days on my profile. The only thing I can say knowing what I know now is that it was definitely God's mercy because it is very likely that my application would have been thrown out if I had submitted within the initial 60 days. I had uploaded all my docs and was ready to submit but it seems some people had issues submitting so they renewed the time. I don't know what their criteria for renewal was but I was mercifully included.

Your advise on going back home before submitting has resolved my confusion and I will definitely be doing that. Thankfully my ticket date gives me enough time before submission deadline so I will submit once I get home and get a new PCC.

I really want a straightforward application so I will do whatever is necessary to achieve that. Thank you once again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Salientsinmi: 11:05am On Dec 05, 2023
Good day everyone. Please I need help on WES evaluation.
I am getting a total of 329CAD because the system is giving me option of delivery to my physical address in Nigeria which is 89CAD. I don’t need the physical report.
Is there a way I can bypass the option of delivery to my address, please?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by onuwaje(m): 12:08pm On Dec 05, 2023
Salientsinmi:
I am getting a total of 329CAD because the system is giving me option of delivery to my physical address in Nigeria which is 89CAD. I don’t need the physical report.

I suggest you use the nearest Nipost office close to you and select international courier

It should be about 251CAD

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Gyyv: 12:25pm On Dec 05, 2023
ZivaChicabelle:

Thanks again for your direction GraciousWords. I really do appreciate it.

To be honest, I cannot explain how I got the extension but I was granted it alongside others when my application was about 4 days to expiry, the information came by mail and I instantly saw the extra 60 days on my profile. The only thing I can say knowing what I know now is that it was definitely God's mercy because it is very likely that my application would have been thrown out if I had submitted within the initial 60 days. I had uploaded all my docs and was ready to submit but it seems some people had issues submitting so they renewed the time. I don't know what their criteria for renewal was but I was mercifully included.

Your advise on going back home before submitting has resolved my confusion and I will definitely be doing that. Thankfully my ticket date gives me enough time before submission deadline so I will submit once I get home and get a new PCC.

I really want a straightforward application so I will do whatever is necessary to achieve that. Thank you once again.

This is a better decision if you ask me. Meanwhile don't forget to update your travel history with this recent trip before submitting.

Goodluck
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Vousmevoyez(f): 12:27pm On Dec 05, 2023
You should be able to select Standard delivery which last time I checked was about 11CAD. Go back again and find that option.
Salientsinmi:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Gyyv: 12:37pm On Dec 05, 2023
This is hilarious 😂. E reach to use pidgin

GraciousWords:

6 i) mean say - you don work for inside Canada before? If not, answer is 0
6 ii) mean say - you don work for outside Canada before, whether na UK, Naija, Saudi, or Dubai? If yes answer is the number of years, provided the work meets the conditions written (within 10 years, paid, NOC TEER etc).

Try study page 1.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Sam2305: 12:50pm On Dec 05, 2023
Hello All,

1)For couple that got married last week Saturday (court wedding) can they apply for Study permit and SOWP today or this week.

2)If the husband decides to apply first and gets his visa,can he apply for the wife SOWP immediately after getting his visa even when he is still in Nigeria.

Intake is may 2024
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by braine(m): 12:55pm On Dec 05, 2023
Salientsinmi:

WES is now 329 CAD?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GeneXY: 2:17pm On Dec 05, 2023
Hello all. My wife changed her surname after marriage. On the WES application form, should she use her maiden name for the form which is the same on her degree certificate or she should use her new surname which will be different from what is on her degree certificate?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Vousmevoyez(f): 3:44pm On Dec 05, 2023
@suzzyrims @Profgordons I can see that y’all tried to get in contact with me…I don’t have access to my email at the moment so you can post your message and mention me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Timmypaul: 5:37pm On Dec 05, 2023
Hello everyone, a quick one please been a teacher with over 3years of work experience can I accept an LMIA job offer for administrative role in Canada, note I do not have any experience been an administrative officer. Going for that role will give me extra 50points. My concern is hope it won’t be an issue during pr application. I await your reply
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by batros: 6:11pm On Dec 05, 2023
GraciousWords:

In theory the pathway is: Express Entry Profile - Invitation to Apply (ITA) - PR Application Sent - PR Application Approved - Visa - Travel

No need to be confused - study page 1. The acronyms are clearly explained there too.

Can I pay by myself if they ask me to pay, so as to start the process? Or I pay them for their legal services?

Plsssss
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ZivaChicabelle: 7:48pm On Dec 05, 2023
Gyyv:

This is a better decision if you ask me. Meanwhile don't forget to update your travel history with this recent trip before submitting.

Goodluck

Thank you so much Gyyv. I will make sure to cross all Ts and all Îs.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Timmypaul: 9:23pm On Dec 05, 2023
Timmypaul:
Hello everyone, a quick one please been a teacher with over 3years of work experience can I accept an LMIA job offer for administrative role in Canada, note I do not have any experience been an administrative officer. Going for that role will give me extra 50points. My concern is hope it won’t be an issue during pr application. I await your reply
can anyone reply to this
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Timmypaul: 10:14pm On Dec 05, 2023
Timmypaul:
. Graciousword can you pls help with this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by afagha(f): 10:52pm On Dec 05, 2023
Hello all,good evening. I'm at crossroads now in my application submission process. I saw my document checklist and it's requesting for upfront medicals result upload.
What do I do since ircc stopped upfront medicals?

(1) (2) (3) ... (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) ... (630) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: stevolinkon40 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.