Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,408 members, 7,812,208 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (569) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1044667 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) ... (630) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 6:32pm On Nov 29, 2023
Cannytravels:
Good afternoon everyone, please I'm a bit confused. I got ITA from Quebec with a band 5 in TEF. I was patiently waiting for Manitoba LAA with a score of 575 but the cut off for last draw was 600. I have until first week of Feb to submit documents for Quebec. I read about their immigration that it may even take up to 2 years before nomination. I'm thinking of declining Quebec and wait for next year manitoba.
It’s been almost a year that you posted this, I can only hope you didn’t because 575 is very far-fetched judging from the Manitoba draws done so far. Also, Quebec no longer takes years to issue CSQ.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by dvdami(m): 7:37pm On Nov 29, 2023
Hello friends,

I have BSc which I enrolled for as a Direct Entry applicant.

So, for WES, I understand I need to evaluate both BSc and ND.

My question now is: if I evaluate the two results, will it qualify me for "2 or more certificate" points in Canada Express Entry pool?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mhizsimi(f): 7:41am On Nov 30, 2023
studycenter:

If you get a clear copy without watermark, you're good.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ezzylee(m): 9:55am On Nov 30, 2023
ezzylee:
Just got NOI from Ontario…… the journey begins

Hi guys, been a while here.

Nomination (600 points) finally came in yesterday.

smiley smiley smiley

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by hustla(m): 10:21am On Nov 30, 2023
mhizsimi:
Good evening Seniors,
Please, is it okay to scan some of my documents with mobile applications like camscanner?

Especially documents that are related to POF like bank statement. I live in a small town and I feel it is not safe to go scan such in public places, and I don't have funds to get a printer/scanner right now.

Use Adobe Scan

No water marks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Breezy90(m): 11:12am On Nov 30, 2023
mhizsimi:
Good evening Seniors,
Please, is it okay to scan some of my documents with mobile applications like camscanner?

Especially documents that are related to POF like bank statement. I live in a small town and I feel it is not safe to go scan such in public places, and I don't have funds to get a printer/scanner right now.

if you use an iPhone. There is an inbuilt scanner in the notes app. It works.. you can do everything at the comfort of your home.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Vousmevoyez(f): 12:28pm On Nov 30, 2023
Hello everyone, just sharing an update on my process while I waitttt for four months to pass cry I got my successful TEF results last week so I have those extra 50 points for French. I haven’t taken my IELTS yet but I’m registered to take it next week. If my French results were just a teeny bit better (C1 all around), I wouldn’t have needed to take IELTS but with just 3 B2+s and 1 C1 in TEF with 3 years work experience, my eligibility is 64/100 so I need to take IELTS.

At 28, married, masters degree, husband with 2 or more certificates, B2 + for TEF, maxed IELTS, and 3 years work experience, we’re looking at a CRS of 525…with IELTS results of 8777, a CRS of 513.

I’m the principal applicant because my husband has lost points for age, can’t speak French and has already taken IELTS twice (both of which are now even expired.) If he was the principal applicant with our current profile, the max CRS we can have is 462. So I’m glad I can be the principal applicant and we’ll have a good enough CRS.

Only thing now is despite all my existing work experience, none is 1 year continuous. My current job is 8 months gone so I have to wait until April 2024 before I can enter the pool even though I have everything else ready cry ECA and TEF and soon IELTS.

I can’t wait for 4 months to fly by so I can finally enter the pool and get that ITA I have so desired to get since I found out about express entry in 2017.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by centpado(m): 1:09pm On Nov 30, 2023
Hopefully fast fast ITA, immediately you enter the pool
Vousmevoyez:
Hello everyone, just sharing an update on my process while I waitttt for four months to pass cry I got my successful TEF results last week so I have those extra 50 points for French. I haven’t taken my IELTS yet but I’m registered to take it next week. If my French results were just a teeny bit better (C1 all around), I wouldn’t have needed to take IELTS but with just 3 B2+s and 1 C1 in TEF with 3 years work experience, my eligibility is 64/100 so I need to take IELTS.

At 28, married, masters degree, husband with 2 or more certificates, B2 + for TEF, maxed IELTS, and 3 years work experience, we’re looking at a CRS of 525…with IELTS results of 8777, a CRS of 513.

I’m the principal applicant because my husband has lost points for age, can’t speak French and has already taken IELTS twice (both of which are now even expired.) If he was the principal applicant with our current profile, the max CRS we can have is 462. So I’m glad I can be the principal applicant and we’ll have a good enough CRS.

Only thing now is despite all my existing work experience, none is 1 year continuous. My current job is 8 months gone so I have to wait until April 2024 before I can enter the pool even though I have everything else ready cry ECA and TEF and soon IELTS.

I can’t wait for 4 months to fly by so I can finally enter the pool and get that ITA I have so desired to get since I found out about express entry in 2017.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 1:38pm On Nov 30, 2023
Whenever the remaining items align, you are good. REAL ZEAL! Congratulations.
Vousmevoyez:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mhizsimi(f): 2:55pm On Nov 30, 2023
hustla:

Use Adobe Scan

No water marks

Oh wow
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by makeita1k: 3:37pm On Nov 30, 2023
Hello everyone, I'm new here and about to start my PR journey. I have a few questions that I need help with.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MrWalterW83: 5:38pm On Nov 30, 2023
Hello everyone. Please for those who have some insight on this matter, why do you think there has been no draw for over a month now? This is the last day of November and I doubt we'll see any draw today. That means the whole of November would have passed without a draw. Should we expect any draws in December or are they done for the year? Have they met the alloted number of immigrants for this year?

I'm in the pool at 484. My NOC is 21321 so I'm targeting STEM draw, but there has been no STEM draw since July. Please is there hope for me soon? I'm just getting depressed by the situation. This IRCC silence is just killing me.

Thanks for your responses.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Honeysweetest(f): 7:11pm On Nov 30, 2023
Prettiepearlz:

It’s been almost a year that you posted this, I can only hope you didn’t because 575 is very far-fetched judging from the Manitoba draws done so far. Also, Quebec no longer takes years to issue CSQ.
you don show here😂,I thought you don jakpa? It's been a long time.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Honeysweetest(f): 7:13pm On Nov 30, 2023
MrWalterW83:
Hello everyone. Please for those who have some insight on this matter, why do you think there has been no draw for over a month now? This is the last day of November and I doubt we'll see any draw today. That means the whole of November would have passed without a draw. Should we expect any draws in December or are they done for the year? Have they met the alloted number of immigrants for this year?

I'm in the pool at 484. My NOC is 21321 so I'm targeting STEM draw, but there has been no STEM draw since July. Please is there hope for me soon? I'm just getting depressed by the situation. This IRCC silence is just killing me.

This your question is funny😂😂, we are not working in IRCC naa.
.Oya don't worry,there will be draw, you will get ITA, inugo?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 8:15pm On Nov 30, 2023
MrWalterW83:

The immigration targets for next year are still as high as they have been from previous years but the selection dynamics have drifted. Large influx of students on one and two year programs are already graduating and that number will be even more explosive in coming months. That means they and their dependents have made the pool more competitive. Now there are new schemes considering refugees for PR (I believe this is to make them productive and reduce government spending) also some new pathways for people from Haiti, Mexico etc. People with better outlook remain health workers, I can guarantee you that many people who used study route may still never get PR considering current conditions. If you are not into health then learn French or seek PNP routes. It is what it is.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 10:10pm On Nov 30, 2023
Profgordons:

The immigration targets for next year are still as high as they have been from previous years but the selection dynamics have drifted. Large influx of students on one and two year programs are already graduating and that number will be even more explosive in coming months. That means they and their dependents have made the pool more competitive. Now there are new schemes considering refugees for PR (I believe this is to make them productive and reduce government spending) also some new pathways for people from Haiti, Mexico etc. People with better outlook remain health workers, I can guarantee you that many people who used study route may still never get PR considering current conditions. If you are not into health then learn French or seek PNP routes. It is what it is.
I even know sb who got EOI from OINP, dillydallied and lost the offer.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 11:43pm On Nov 30, 2023
aestake:

I even know sb who got EOI from OINP, dillydallied and lost the offer.
Damn!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 11:48pm On Nov 30, 2023
Hello, all the sections have been completed in my application when i checked via tracker since 22nd of november but no update yet. I had received an ADR on the 17th of nov which i updated on the 21st of NOV.

and the tracker updated on the 22nd that eligibility is completed.

No update yet on GCKEY. Has anyone faced similar occurrence?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by NuCypher: 11:53pm On Nov 30, 2023
Vousmevoyez:

Massive congrats on your French effort. Just wanna ask how long it took you to get the French done? How challenging did you find it? Did you have any prior French knowledge?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Vousmevoyez(f): 11:53pm On Nov 30, 2023
Amen! Fingers crossed
centpado:
Hopefully fast fast ITA, immediately you enter the pool
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Vousmevoyez(f): 11:54pm On Nov 30, 2023
Thank you
aestake:
Whenever the remain items align, you are good. REAL ZEAL! Congratulations.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Vousmevoyez(f): 12:04am On Dec 01, 2023
Thank you! I majored in French in university but I still took out about 6 months to specifically prepare for the exam. Preparing for it wasn’t easy as I have a lot going on. While the preparation was during a 6 month period, I didn’t really study as hard as I should have daily. On my first try, I got all the scores I needed for three sections but my speaking was a few points below the cutoff I needed to meet so I took it a second time and achieved my desired results.
NuCypher:

Massive congrats on your French effort. Just wanna ask how long it took you to get the French done? How challenging did you find it? Did you have any prior French knowledge?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by NuCypher: 12:14am On Dec 01, 2023
Vousmevoyez:
Thank you! I majored in French in university but I still took out about 6 months to specifically prepare for the exam. Preparing for it wasn’t easy as I have a lot going on. While the preparation was during a 6 month period, I didn’t really study as hard as I should have daily. On my first try, I got all the scores I needed for three sections but my speaking was a few points below the cutoff I needed to meet so I took it a second time and achieved my desired results.
Impressive! Congrats once again. I'm always happy to see someone put in rewarding effort like this.
I also have a friend who is trying to do some French without prior experience, and it's been a bit challenging.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by NuCypher: 12:27am On Dec 01, 2023
Vousmevoyez:
My additional advice to you would be to prioritize your French even further. Once you have your PR and are looking for a job, you may want to start looking into applying for government roles by consulting this website, if you are interested. You look for bilingual positions, design your CV appropriately, and start shooting them out. Opportunities abound in the Canadian government for talents like yours.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nimabusta(f): 12:40am On Dec 01, 2023
Please if you got NOI but your work history u want to change it from august to September,because that’s when you actually started,hope it won’t affect your profile
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 4:32am On Dec 01, 2023
Profgordons:
Damn!
Before the 45 days was up I was the one urging, send it off the door even with few missing documents. Whosai! Immediately they realized time was up, the need to submit came up very strongly. Omo..I was kujaaed to say the least. Why iyanga with 300+? OINP said wait for another draw.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 4:36am On Dec 01, 2023
nimabusta:
Please if you got NOI but your work history u want to change it from august to September,because that’s when you actually started,hope it won’t affect your profile
Note that what got you the NOI was what was on your profile at the express entry portal.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 5:14am On Dec 01, 2023
aestake:

Before the 45 days was up I was the one urging, send it off the door even with few missing documents. Whosai! Immediately they realized time was up, the need to submit came up very strongly. Omo..I was kujaaed to say the least. Why iyanga with 300+? OINP said wait for another draw.
The person must have felt quite strong about his position at that time, we made similar decision too but only because the health draw was more certain.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 5:16am On Dec 01, 2023
nimabusta:
I do not think it will affect it, just correct it first on the Express Entry Profile then put in the actual information in the NOI form, it human to make mistakes.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 5:25am On Dec 01, 2023
Profgordons:
The person must have felt quite strong about his position at that time, we made similar decision too but only because the health draw was more certain.
She's in the UK. A Dr too. The effort to submit after deadline was what surprised me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by afagha(f): 6:44am On Dec 01, 2023
Good morning guys,please I have a question about the photograph required to submit my application.
Is it hard copy? Or I get the soft copy and attach it on my computer?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Vousmevoyez(f): 8:08am On Dec 01, 2023
Thank you so much! I’ll definitely check it out
NuCypher:

My additional advice to you would be to prioritize your French even further. Once you have your PR and are looking for a job, you may want to start looking into applying for government roles by consulting this website, if you are interested. You look for bilingual positions, design your CV appropriately, and start shooting them out. Opportunities abound in the Canadian government for talents like yours.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) ... (630) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: miolad20(m), Lastbornbuns and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.