Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,591 members, 7,847,507 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:10 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (636) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1084316 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aurorae1: 8:15pm On May 17
Bassman14:
Guys!! .. I finally received my stamped passport with COPR letter this week! It's been a journey of patience and hope.

Story:
I initially planned to start the process in 2020, even took the CIIN exam for additional degree, but one thing led to another and I moved to Dubai instead.

I got married to my wife in January 2023 but couldn't bring her over cause of the Dubai ban on Nigerians hence we decided to attempt the express entry program again with me being the main applicant.

Timeline:

IELTS July 2023
WES evaluation August 2023
Entered pool August 2023 with CRS score 488

Got invited and accepted Alberta PNP September 2023 (sibling lives there)

ITA - October 2023
AOR - November 16 2023 (used sale of land and salary account as POF, Upfront medicals)

Biometrics - January 16 2024

ADR - April 3 2024.. Payslips for a year, Educational diplomas, IMM 5669 Schedule A, RPRF payment receipt

PPR - May 2

I submitted my passport to Abudhabi VFS and got it back within 2 weeks. My wife submitted in Lagos, it's still at Accra OC, hoping to get it back soon.

Thank you all for the support and to everyone still hoping and trying, no give up oooo!!!!

No give up ooo! cheesy
Congratulations to you and yours...
Thanks for sharing your story of encouragement and success. This place has been a bit dry recently.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aurorae1: 8:20pm On May 17
mhizsimi:
In 2020, I heard about Canada PR but I wasn't serious with it, I was scared of writing IELTS cheesy

I kept telling my brother I have not studied enough for the exam.
January 2021, I finally wrote IELTS and got in the pool, then came the long pause of ITA. And when they resumed in 2022, the scores were so high, that I had to start learning French but my French tutor suddenly increased her price cry.

At some point I gave up on this journey, but last year after the elections, I knew I had to get back in the pool. And then CBD came, I wrote IELTS again and got in the pool.

ITA: 26th Oct
AOR: 2nd Dec
BIL: 2nd Feb
MIL: 4th Feb
Biometric done and linked: 12th Feb
Medicals done: 14th Feb
PFL: March 26
PFL: POF topup submitted April 21
MEP: 14 May
FD: 15 May
RFV: 16 May
VO: RROC/Accra

I did sputum test, my medicals took three months, crazy and depressing period...

Another thing that showed me shege is exchange rate, it kept going up cry

Thank you to the elders on this thread who have been responding to my questions from the days of WES evaluation.

Omo, shege was truly seen. But it has all been crowned with success...
Congratulations!!!
Sent you a mail if you don't mind.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by doreesy4k(f): 11:10pm On May 17
Hi everyone,

If you're aiming to score 10 and above on your CELPIP exams, I can help! I have an authentic CELPIP practice test, It's a PDF E-book, available for a small fee. I originally bought the books for $74 and significantly improved my score. Now, I'm willing to sell them for half the price.

If you're interested, reach out to me at doreesy4k@gmail.com or on WhatsApp at +1 548-333-6758.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mhizsimi(f): 11:43pm On May 17
aurorae1:

Omo, shege was truly seen. But it has all been crowned with success...
Congratulations!!!
Sent you a mail if you don't mind.

Thank you so much smiley
I have responded...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Kcenyimbk: 2:11am On May 18
mhizsimi:

I think you should merge the files
I also responded to PFL last month and that was what I did.
is there any update on yours?
Do you mind sharing what is what all about I have responded to mine and I’m just hoping on God…..
This is the most stressful experience of my life
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MrKong: 4:15am On May 18
MrKong:
I just got an invitation to apply from EE category based draw. After 3 years in the pool, 2 IELTS and expired passport. I’ve lost so much hope that I’ve even forgotten how the process works. I have to go read up on them again now.

Now the journey begins!

It’s PPR time!!!!

The question now is Kenya or Lagos? Where would you advise if I want my passport stamped in record time?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Mayfair19: 7:37am On May 18
Mayfair19:
Hello everyone,

I created a profile and joined the pool late last year using the NOC code equivalent to my job role in advertising/marketing at the time. However, I changed my job in January to a different field/industry.

I want to know if I can add the NOC code of my new job to my express entry profile considering the fact that I haven’t been there for a long time?
Also, does anyone know the NOC code that is equivalent to the job role of a data analyst working at a bank?

Thanks.

Please can anyone help with answering these questions?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by almujeebe(m): 8:51am On May 18
mhizsimi:
In 2020, I heard about Canada PR but I wasn't serious with it, I was scared of writing IELTS cheesy

January 2021, I finally wrote IELTS and got in the pool, then came the long pause of ITA. And when they resumed in 2022, the scores were so high, that I had to start learning French but my French tutor suddenly increased her price cry.

At some point I gave up on this journey, but last year after the elections, I knew I had to get back in the pool. And then CBD came, I wrote IELTS again and got in the pool.

I did sputum test, my medicals took three months, crazy and depressing period...

Thank you to the elders on this thread who have been responding to my questions from the days of WES evaluation.

Congratulations
Check your mail pls, I want to ask you something important privately.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by LadyIE: 10:10am On May 18
Good day all, after 4 weeks of passport submission, I did receive an email notification from VFS which states “the decision envelope for your application has been received from the IRCC office on May 17, and has been dispatched to the Canada Visa Application Centre”.

Please does this mean that VFS Lagos has received my passport? Or may I know what this email means.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by bayo23: 6:37pm On May 18
mhizsimi:

Congratulations 👏
By God's grace, I will soon share my testimony too

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by bayo23: 6:38pm On May 18
Congratulations to you and yours 🎊 👏
Bassman14:
Guys!! .. I finally received my stamped passport with COPR letter this week! It's been a journey of patience and hope.

Story:
I initially planned to start the process in 2020, even took the CIIN exam for additional degree, but one thing led to another and I moved to Dubai instead.

I got married to my wife in January 2023 but couldn't bring her over cause of the Dubai ban on Nigerians hence we decided to attempt the express entry program again with me being the main applicant.

Timeline:

IELTS July 2023
WES evaluation August 2023
Entered pool August 2023 with CRS score 488

Got invited and accepted Alberta PNP September 2023 (sibling lives there)

ITA - October 2023
AOR - November 16 2023 (used sale of land and salary account as POF, Upfront medicals)

Biometrics - January 16 2024

ADR - April 3 2024.. Payslips for a year, Educational diplomas, IMM 5669 Schedule A, RPRF payment receipt

PPR - May 2

I submitted my passport to Abudhabi VFS and got it back within 2 weeks. My wife submitted in Lagos, it's still at Accra OC, hoping to get it back soon.

Thank you all for the support and to everyone still hoping and trying, no give up oooo!!!!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by bayo23: 6:40pm On May 18
MrKong:

It’s PPR time!!!!

The question now is Kenya or Lagos? Where would you advise if I want my passport stamped in record time?

Congratulations 👏 🎊
Based on experiences shared so far,
Kenya should your best shot!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by demolagilbert: 9:50pm On May 18
The signatures are adding up. Let's make this a reality

So, I created a petition that seeks to end the rip-off IELTS keeps perpetrating with the 2-year validity of their test results, particularly for high scorers who scored btw Band 8-9. Surely, someone who got a band 9 shouldn't, wouldn't, couldn't have lost the skill that earned him/her a band 9 after two years.

Pls join the petition and let's make this change happen. Share across all platforms, as millions stand to benefit.

Lifetime validity of test results!

https://www.change.org/LifetimeValidity4IELTSresults
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Beazysledge: 10:40pm On May 18
I am 30 years, a lawyer my crs score is 330,is it possible for me to get pr in canada or are there any other ways of migrating?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by jasperonyx: 10:43pm On May 18
Mayfair19:

Please can anyone help with answering these questions?
Doesn't matter, add the new Noc, what matters is your primary Noc
If your role is data Analyst,state it like that, if it's related to data analyst but not data analyst, you can use Google to find out Noc equivalent to data analyst Noc.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by LawyerBB: 12:32am On May 19
Good Morning Everyone,
Please I need your advice, I want to know my options.
1)Which is best and easy applying for masters or migration to Canada?
2)I applied for USA this year but didn't get it, I and my fiancee wants to apply together or will it be better one by one and what are our options?
3)Since our wedding arrangements are on ground, if my option is to apply alone should I use His surname?
Please I need to study abroad, I need help?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Mayfair19: 1:42am On May 19
jasperonyx:

Doesn't matter, add the new Noc, what matters is your primary Noc
If your role is data Analyst,state it like that, if it's related to data analyst but not data analyst, you can use Google to find out Noc equivalent to data analyst Noc.

Okay, thank you. So, is it necessary that I must have at least one year work experience in the role for my primary NOC?

Also, at what point can I change my primary NOC code to my current role?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by jasperonyx: 7:21am On May 19
Mayfair19:

Okay, thank you. So, is it necessary that I must have at least one year work experience in the role for my primary NOC?

Also, at what point can I change my primary NOC code to my current role?
For express entry, a year, then you can make it your primary Noc.
So it's necessary for a year work experience.

For pnp, it can be less than one year, but to enter the pool it must be a year.

Hope it's clear.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by jasperonyx: 7:24am On May 19
LawyerBB:
Good Morning Everyone,
Please I need your advice, I want to know my options.
1)Which is best and easy applying for masters or migration to Canada?
2)I applied for USA this year but didn't get it, I and my fiancee wants to apply together or will it be better one by one and what are our options?
3)Since our wedding arrangements are on ground, if my option is to apply alone should I use His surname?
Please I need to study abroad, I need help?

What do you mean use his surname when you are not married to him?

You are a lawyer abi? Or just a nickname?

Wisdom is profitable.

None is easy, all is also easy, the choice is yours, either express entry, or student visa,if you can prepare your application well.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by jasperonyx: 7:29am On May 19
Beazysledge:
I am 30 years, a lawyer my crs score is 330,is it possible for me to get pr in canada or are there any other ways of migrating?

330?
What's your English test results? Seem you did not get the complete point from your English test?
It's not easy for lawyers, except you are ready to repeat your IELTS, prepare frenche and pass, or explore Manitoba pnp which you need a friend connection
Or you explore Saskatchewan, but unfortunately, the lawyer and Quebec Noc is not in their in demand Nocs.

Except you can change to Legal assistant Noc which is also a lawyer job or Noc.

The reason I advise on Legal assistant if you are exploring the lawyer thing is because Law is a regulated profession, so you won't still practice until you get the required license, so I will always say, what's the point of using it.

Or you can get a job in Agriculture company, transport companies, For lawyers, I will always say, be strategic.

Finally, Patiently read page 1 for more information.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Mayfair19: 8:34am On May 19
jasperonyx:

For express entry, a year, then you can make it your primary Noc.
So it's necessary for a year work experience.

For pnp, it can be less than one year, but to enter the pool it must be a year.

Hope it's clear.

Yes, it is. Thank you. 🙏🏾
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Moyonce: 8:39am On May 19
Hello. Please I need clarification. For evaluation of certificate, I have LLB and LLM, I intend to use IQAS for evaluation, should I evaluate the LLM or both? Which of them would give a better score?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by jasperonyx: 9:52am On May 19
Moyonce:
Hello. Please I need clarification. For evaluation of certificate, I have LLB and LLM, I intend to use IQAS for evaluation, should I evaluate the LLM or both? Which of them would give a better score?

University alone.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Sleeknay: 12:06pm On May 19
Please I am desperately in need of help. Can someone please tell me what would
Be the applicable NOC code ? Attached is my reference letter. I am Nigerian trained lawyer. But currently I am working in another country (I am only qualified to practice law in Nigeria). I have received rejection for NOC code mismatch. I choose legal administrative assistant. I took the time to read almost all this threads and I still couldn’t find the answer to what could be my applicable NoC. I would greatly appreciate if anyone can assist me. Thank you all in advance

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Moyonce: 12:39pm On May 19
jasperonyx:

University alone.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by jasperonyx: 1:24pm On May 19
Sleeknay:
Be the applicable NOC code ? Attached is my reference letter. I am Nigerian trained lawyer. But currently I am working in another country (I am only qualified to practice law in Nigeria). I have received rejection for NOC code mismatch. I choose legal administrative assistant. I took the time to read almost all this threads and I still couldn’t find the answer to what could be my applicable NoC. I would greatly appreciate if anyone can assist me. Thank you all in advance

If these are what you stated as your experience, then indeed is a mismatch, what concern buisness development with legal assistant, it's a Noc of its own, the financial aspect you stated here, what concern legal assistant to it
.it has its Noc.

A lot of errors here .
Legal assistant is only legal work, no addition, whether you are working in the bank, church, it must be legal work only.

You do not have to list all these experience,you are using Noc for Legal assistant,stick to just the experience that fall under Legal assistant.

If you are choosing Noc for buisness development, avoid mixing it with work that fall under Legal assistant.

I hope it's clear?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by jasperonyx: 1:28pm On May 19
Sleeknay:

Also, all these listed are the work you did, very good.

But are these all under Legal administrative assistant?

I understand the doing this and this, but when it comes to these journey, you have to sieve out the ones that do not fall under your Noc.

You can add the Noc for buisness development and list those experience under it.
If not, stick only to the duties under the Legal administrative assistant.

Odi kwa clear?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by DripDude: 1:34pm On May 19
Hello People

Please I need sound advise on the best PNP route for me and the necessary steps to apply

I am a software developer with over 10 years of experience
I recently took IELTS and scored writing - 7.5, listening - 7.0 , reading - 9.0 , speaking - 8.0 , overall band 8
Highest education - Msc
CRS score : 355
I am currently in canada on an open work permit that expires in december and still trying to get a job in my NOC
My wife is schooling in ontario and will be done by august , though she qualifies for a 3 year pgwp and hopefully I will also get an open work permit based on that but with all the stress around a job in the right NOC being a pre requisite, it is difficult to rely on that solely

I need to know the right province for me to get a PNP without a job offer and with my low score, as a software developer
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by jasperonyx: 1:37pm On May 19
Sleeknay:

Point No 3,7,9,10.
Indeed they are Noc mismatch, they have no buisness in this Noc for Legal administrative assistant.

If you want to continue with the Legal Noc, Remove them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by DripDude: 2:09pm On May 19
overlord77:

Hello SemperFid. I understand your situation and trust me, I was in that same thing about 5months ago. However, I never relented. Your profession still falls under healthcare/medical hence you are at an advantage. Being a more matured guy in tech, I watched my CRS decline from 405 to 330 in a space of 2yrs.

Options:
1. French Exam : Take the TEF/TCF french exam. I had to register with AllianceFrancais to learn French for 6months. Taking the exams will make you qualify for the category-based draws and French is highly sought after in Canada.
2. PNP : Some provinces want health workers so bad. In my case, they also needed tech professionals in New Brunswick, so i researched and attended couple of Info Sessions/webinars to know more about the province. In no time, I received a Notification of Interest then submitted an EOI. Got the Nomination, submitted and within 6days, got ITA with the next draw and a boosted CRS of 913.

For those with CRS of 450 and below, please don't lose hope, PNP and French exam to the rescue

Hey Bros, seems our situation is very similar, please I need help on this New Brunswick PNP. I am currently in canada but CRS is very low, pls guide me on how to get the Info Sessions/webinars that helped you get your ITA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by djeezy(m): 4:07pm On May 19
LadyIE:
Good day all, after 4 weeks of passport submission, I did receive an email notification from VFS which states “the decision envelope for your application has been received from the IRCC office on May 17, and has been dispatched to the Canada Visa Application Centre”.

Please does this mean that VFS Lagos has received my passport? Or may I know what this email means.

Thank you

Your passport will be sent to VFS Ghana, from Ghana to VFS Lagos. Same procedure when you sent it. I got the same message too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Beazysledge: 4:41pm On May 19
jasperonyx:

330?
What's your English test results? Seem you did not get the complete point from your English test?
It's not easy for lawyers, except you are ready to repeat your IELTS, prepare frenche and pass, or explore Manitoba pnp which you need a friend connection
Or you explore Saskatchewan, but unfortunately, the lawyer and Quebec Noc is not in their in demand Nocs.

Except you can change to Legal assistant Noc which is also a lawyer job or Noc.

The reason I advise on Legal assistant if you are exploring the lawyer thing is because Law is a regulated profession, so you won't still practice until you get the required license, so I will always say, what's the point of using it.

Or you can get a job in Agriculture company, transport companies, For lawyers, I will always say, be strategic.

Finally, Patiently read page 1 for more information.
good afternoon sir ....please I wish for us to connect for further assistance will be much appreciated

(1) (2) (3) ... (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.