Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,952 members, 7,828,349 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1062320 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (635) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by HistoryBuff: 12:30pm On Jan 25, 2022
Hello everyone. I joined this platform yesterday just because of this thread. I am really learning from all of you.

I am new to this whole Canada immigration thing, but I would like to get a Permanent Residency and I would appreciate having you guys' advice and expertise as we go along.

I am 26 years old. I have a BSc and MSc in Engineering. I've worked for a year in the engineering department of a government agency. I've written IELTS and I got 8.0 overall, and the breakdown was: Listening = 9.0; Writing = 8.0; Speaking = 8.0; Reading = 7.5. I am currently taking French lessons, in fact I am almost done with my B1 class. I wrote the DELF A2 exam last month and got 90.5%. I intend to write the B1 exam in March and I'm certain I'll get a good score, and finally write TEF in June, God willing. I am also currently doing my WES evaluation and I hope to enter the pool once that is done. Using the CRS score calculator, I saw that if I get at least B2 across the 4 competencies in my TEF, then my CRS score would be around 515.

The problem now is I was told that there has been no FSW draw recently and no one I've asked is able on speculate on when next the draw will take place. I've also been told that the provinces are conducting their own draws, but I'm not sure how that works. Please can anyone give me advice on what to do next as I am confused. I would really like to get this Canada PR this year.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 1:53pm On Jan 25, 2022
HistoryBuff:
Hello everyone. I joined this platform yesterday just because of this thread. I am really learning from all of you.

I am new to this whole Canada immigration thing, but I would like to get a Permanent Residency and I would appreciate having you guys' advice and expertise as we go along.

I am 26 years old. I have a BSc and MSc in Engineering. I've worked for a year in the engineering department of a government agency. I've written IELTS and I got 8.0 overall, and the breakdown was: Listening = 9.0; Writing = 8.0; Speaking = 8.0; Reading = 7.5. I am currently taking French lessons, in fact I am almost done with my B1 class. I wrote the DELF A2 exam last month and got 90.5%. I intend to write the B1 exam in March and I'm certain I'll get a good score, and finally write TEF in June, God willing. I am also currently doing my WES evaluation and I hope to enter the pool once that is done. Using the CRS score calculator, I saw that if I get at least B2 across the 4 competencies in my TEF, then my CRS score would be around 515.

The problem now is I was told that there has been no FSW draw recently and no one I've asked is able on speculate on when next the draw will take place. I've also been told that the provinces are conducting their own draws, but I'm not sure how that works. Please can anyone give me advice on what to do next as I am confused. I would really like to get this Canada PR this year.

First, please read and digest the first page of this thread and the first page of the TEF thread too.

All your answers are there including a comparison of TEF and TCF and well as the numerical scores that give you a CLB7 (you'll notice IRCC never mention B2 or B1 or C2 what they ask for is your numerical score, which in turn translates to a CLB level) which is what you need to get 50 bonus points.

About FSW not starting, you can explore OINP..... Ontario PNP for French speakers..... read up more by searching NL for "OINP french speakers". The caveat is that they have been inviting CRS between 458 and 467 or so. See what putting French as your first language gets you.

Also read up on other PNPs and research them thoroughly....start by reading FAQ8 on page 1. Good TEF scores and an in demand NOC or family in a province may help depending on the province.

Happy reading and researching.

Good luck!

Ps: brilliant IELTS W scores by the way, 8 isn't too common.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Canadahome: 2:48pm On Jan 25, 2022
With is your profile, if you have the funds. why don't you look consider Australia PR? Though its an expensive route.

HistoryBuff:

I am next the draw will take place. I've also been told that the provinces are conducting their own draws, but I'm not sure how that works. Please can anyone give me advice on what to do next as I am confused. I would really like to get this Canada PR this year.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Canadahome: 2:52pm On Jan 25, 2022
AOR is 26th November, 2021.

Investment for POF has matured. I am moving the funds to another investment firm. Do I need to raise a web form and submit the new POF documents?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Vitra: 4:12pm On Jan 25, 2022
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Vitra: 4:14pm On Jan 25, 2022
Tonyamori:

Sent kindly accept thanks

Hi, please I need your help with CES evaluation application. There's a place for uploading of official academic record and academic record. That means applying twice for transcript from my school to get my own copy and official copy. How did you go about yours? My transcript would take a long time to get to them. Can I start the process? Make payment while my school works on getting the transcript across to CES. Is email okay for getting the transcript to CES since a physical copy would take time. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by miolad20(m): 4:15pm On Jan 25, 2022
Twocanplay23:

Thanks, which provinces do you know that have medical cover?

I'm sure of Ontario (started due to COVID 19), and Alberta.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 4:57pm On Jan 25, 2022
Its raining PPR everywhere apart from this thread

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Kolizomanizo: 6:04pm On Jan 25, 2022
@GraciousWords

I saw these post and i am still wondering how someone can check eligibility score of 67 for Ontario french speaker stream.. Kind help boss

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 6:37pm On Jan 25, 2022
Kolizomanizo:
@GraciousWords

I saw these post and i am still wondering how someone can check eligibility score of 67 for Ontario french speaker stream.. Kind help boss

Pls read here:

To qualify for FSW or PNP, you need 67 eligibility points.

https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled#107239674

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 6:42pm On Jan 25, 2022
Vitra:

Hi, please I need your help with CES evaluation application. There's a place for uploading of official academic record and academic record. That means applying twice for transcript from my school to get my own copy and official copy. How did you go about yours? My transcript would take a long time to get to them. Can I start the process? Make payment while my school works on getting the transcript across to CES. Is email okay for getting the transcript to CES since a physical copy would take time. Thanks.

Pls read here:

Transcript field is not a compulsory upload field.

https://www.nairaland.com/5187408/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/593#82301235

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 7:00pm On Jan 25, 2022
Canadahome:
AOR is 26th November, 2021.

Investment for POF has matured. I am moving the funds to another investment firm. Do I need to raise a web form and submit the new POF documents?

FAQ 22 on page 1 please

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by valves: 7:02pm On Jan 25, 2022
Kagame:

This is the most sensible suggestion. Assuming her due date is in a month time

• There’s no guarantees she would get her stamped passport in a month. Even if she decides to use Accra direct or Cairo, she might experience an exceptional delay.

• A lot of airlines will not allow you to fly in your last trimester, especially with a very close due date. More so , air travel is now an extreme sport with all the COVID tests and country specific requirements like quarantine etcetera.

From recent trends, as long as her application is finalized, adding an extra dependent will not overly delay the application compared to those whose application are still in processing.

Better to have her child here with peace of mind. IRCC will always reissue PPR for sure.

Good suggestion

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Debomoh: 7:14pm On Jan 25, 2022
Twocanplay23:
Hello guys

Please I have an urgent situation, I and my husband just got PPR, he's the primary applicant, however I'm pregnant, to give birth in about a month.

Don't really know about this process, what can we do?

Can we still travel before I give birth, or should we wait till after.

Congratulations on your PPR.
I think you and partner have to critically analyze the situation and make the best decision as it is not a yes or no situation.

Some people who needed to travel urgently have traveled to Accra to get their passport stamped in about 1week following which they landed in Canada.

You can still travel if you get your doctors clearance however it depends on you if you are ready to make the journey as it might be uncomfortable for you.

Furthermore,if you choose to stay consider the time frame for adding your baby to PPR again can take more than 9months due to forces beyond your control as listed below
1. Getting NIN for your baby (1-3months)
2.Getting your baby passport (1-3months)
3.Getting re medicals for your family as your medicals could be expiring or close to and getting a date might be hectic (2-3month)
4.Delays from IRCC with adding your baby(1-9months)
5.Eventual getting a fresh Ppr.

There is no right or wrong answer just consider all the variables and make a decision

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by dyduds(m): 7:19pm On Jan 25, 2022
Allegory:
Its raining PPR everywhere apart from this thread
Accra is a major factor o. Most people I know have had their file in AVO since over a year with no update. I'm in the same boat too.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Twocanplay23: 8:55pm On Jan 25, 2022
miolad20:

I'm sure of Ontario (started due to COVID 19), and Alberta.

Saw this on their website.

Or is there another way to register?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 8:55pm On Jan 25, 2022
dyduds:

Accra is a major factor o. Most people I know have had their file in AVO since over a year with no update. I'm in the same boat too.
They're not even sending out remed requests?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Twocanplay23: 8:58pm On Jan 25, 2022
Ideraa:
Double Congratulations to your PPR and Pregnancy!

In my opinion, raise a webform, attach your last scan result and your due date.
Please relax and have your baby here, i dont want to imagine the stress of having a baby in a new land without social support, it will be tough dear.

When you give birth, inform IRCC again and they will add baby to your application and reissue your PPR, By then, Baby will have matured small and you too would have healed.

With all the love in my heart, please dont attempt to travel now!

Thank you for your concern.
It's just the uncertainty of Accra and how long it will take to add the baby.

We've waited so long for this PPR, the timing is just off. I've heard of families that have been waiting for close to a year, just to add their baby.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lotusgoddess(f): 9:30pm On Jan 25, 2022
BISHOPCHARLIE:

Please, what's your take on candidates in the pool awaiting provincial nomination? I've been in the pool since August 2021 and my CRS score is below 400.

Now I'm tempted to abandon the process given the huge backlog and slow processing.

It basically depends on your noc for PNP but if your education and woek experience match, you could apply to SINP and if you have a way to increase your score to atleast 450-468 you might be lucky with OINP

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 9:56pm On Jan 25, 2022
Twocanplay23:

Thank you for your concern.
It's just the uncertainty of Accra and how long it will take to add the baby.

We've waited so long for this PPR, the timing is just off. I've heard of families that have been waiting for close to a year, just to add their baby.

Pls try not to worry mum. Send passports..if they come back in time, great....if not, you did your best and you may be surprised how the time to new PPR may pass quickly while you're caring for a newborn or your case may just be different and they add newborn faster than the norm.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by itamkate: 10:00pm On Jan 25, 2022
Please can anyone help with a contact in Bayero University, Kano for transcript processing?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 10:05pm On Jan 25, 2022
oyemaiya:

For the lady who is pregnant, hmmm, you know IRCC requires that you notify them of any change in situations and I think they specifically mentioned pregnancy. Please do the needful, if you travel and the Border Officer notices your pregnancy hmmm may God help you.

Datevilme:

I thought change in situation means birth of a baby, not pregnancy??

cheesy you are right...change of circumstance means birth not pregnancy cheesy

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Aro21: 10:32pm On Jan 25, 2022
Good day guys,

Please is there any active Alberta nomination whatsapp group or anyhwere with relevant information with people who got NOI from alberta ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by barby008: 10:41pm On Jan 25, 2022
Search Alberta immigration group on telegram
Aro21:
Good day guys,

Please is there any active Alberta nomination whatsapp group or anyhwere with relevant information with people who got NOI from alberta ?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Olisa222: 11:05pm On Jan 25, 2022
Lotusgoddess:

It basically depends on your noc for PNP but if your education and woek experience match, you could apply to SINP and if you have a way to increase your score to atleast 450-468 you might be lucky with OINP
please do they work with just scores or your NOC has to be in demand before they Nominate you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Aro21: 11:10pm On Jan 25, 2022
I can't find any group like that, how do i get the exact group please
barby008:
Search Alberta immigration group on telegram

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lotusgoddess(f): 11:14pm On Jan 25, 2022
Olisa222:
please do they work with just scores or your NOC has to be in demand before they Nominate you.

Your noc has to be in demand

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lotusgoddess(f): 11:15pm On Jan 25, 2022
Aro21:
I can't find any group like that, how do i get the exact group please

It's Alberta immigration group. I would have sent a link but I don't know if it's allowed here

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by oyemaiya(m): 2:29am On Jan 26, 2022
GraciousWords:

cheesy you are right...change of circumstance means birth not pregnancy cheesy

Thank you, I guess it is only an issue before you take the medical test.

Thank you.

I wish her the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by canadaishome: 4:28am On Jan 26, 2022
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by coolcare(m): 4:59am On Jan 26, 2022
Lotusgoddess:

If I currently have MPNP profile waiting for nominations, can I still have SINP profile. If yes, how do I open SINP profile

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by coolcare(m): 5:00am On Jan 26, 2022
Lotusgoddess:

It's Alberta immigration group. I would have sent a link but I don't know if it's allowed here

Kindly direct msg me the group link

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (635) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

Viewing this topic: Shukusheka(m), bankytee01(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.