Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1052372 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (632) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 2:23pm On Feb 16, 2022
seunpinky:
https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/625#103495238

Sequel to my landing gist above,

ENCOURAGEMENT POST

This is just to encourage those of us still in the immigration process not to give up.. u can read up on my landing gist on this thread.

Sequel to my last update here, myself and my wife and kid landed in July 2021. Prior to our arrival my wife got a job offer around March 2021 with one of the big banks ( the whole interview process was conducted online from Nigeria). A major reason she got the job was because she told them she had her PPR but we could not land due to boarder closure at that time. The bank waited till the boarder was opened around June for fully vaccinated migrants.

She resumed work two weeks after we landed, it was a work from home role. I intensified my job search, applied to over a hundred companies and after several interviews and Hiring Managers no job offer. I even started looking for customer service jobs, had an interview with one of the coys, my interviewer was a Ghanian, during the interview he encouraged me not to take the CS

Shalom!!!
congrats my oga. This abroad favours married people who have good husbands and good wives. Single people try marry before coming to Canada o. Husband and wife material scarce for here. Mr Seunpinky con link me with your sister o

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Brooke60(f): 3:27pm On Feb 16, 2022
seunpinky:
https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/625#103495238

ENCOURAGEMENT POST

This is just to encourage those of us still in the immigration process not to give up.. u can read up on my landing gist on this thread.

Sequel to my last update here, myself and my wife and kid landed in July 2021. Prior to our arrival my wife got a job offer around March 2021 with one of the big banks ( the whole interview process was conducted online from Nigeria). A major reason she got the job was because she told them she had her PPR but we could not land due to boarder closure at that time. The bank waited till the boarder was opened around June for fully vaccinated migrants.

She resumed work two weeks after we landed, it was a work from home role. I intensified my job search, applied to over a hundred companies and after several interviews with HR and Hiring Managers no job offer. I even started looking for customer service jobs, had an interview with one of the coys, my interviewer was a Ghanian, during the interview he encouraged me not to take the CS job saying that my qualifications and experience was above that role. He told me to be patient that I would get something good. So I signed up to the Acces employment job program ( a 1 week course on employment and interview skills for the Canada job market). Acces is a govt sponsored employment program to help immigrants transition into the Canadian job market.

A week after the end of the course, I applied for several roles in various coys and I eventually got a interview slot with an IT coy via Acces as an operations analyst with a pay of $20. During the interview process, the interviewers were impressed and of course with God's grace, they offered me a higher tole that was paying $38 per hour. I started this role on the first of October 2021 (3 months after I landed).

After I got the job offer, we immediately registered our child to the government day care centre ( I was practically baby sitting for those 3 months while my wife was working although she was working from home).

To cut the long story short, One month into my contract job I got 3 different permanent job offers ( 1 big four accounting firm, 2 big banks). I resigned my contract employment and resumed with one of the big banks. All these offers came within the month of October.

7 months down the line, we have purchased our own house and my wife has changed jobs after getting a much better offer.

Some lessons during the recruitment process:
1. Nothing like 2:1 required
2. Nothing like medical tests
3. Nothing like who do you know or who sent you.
4. Nothing like age limit.
5. Majority of the roles didn't even require a master's degree, your experience was enough.
6. You may not get your preferred role immediately you land but with time, u ll get your preferred role.

This is a country that stills gives my family an excess of $2,500 every month (free child day care worth $1,400, child benefits $692 per month, and other free benefits that just comes into your account HST etc).

The Crux of the matter is that:
1. Migration is not for everyone.
2. If u have chosen to migrate esp to Canada, please be patient with the process, don't give up, trust me the grass is greener on this side.
3. You can do the whole process yourself, u don't need to pay any agent. All the information u need is on this page.

Shalom!!!
Congratulations! Claiming this for husby & I this year.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by parbz: 3:46pm On Feb 16, 2022
Hello All,

I observed the stamp used by the photo studio on the back of my passport photo began to clear off. I am wondering if it clears off due to the way it would be packaged before it gets to Accra, I hope this would not cause me any issue?

I wrote my Name, DOB, and date at the back though.

Please I just need to be sure.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 3:58pm On Feb 16, 2022
unfortunately i don't have a suggestion but i'll be following to see how this was resolved out of curiosity. Hopefully the outcome is favourable to you. what's your VO pls

ElDiabloo:
Good morning guys,

Please I need your advise on my present situation. I am an EE candidate, my Aor is Jan 2021. I got remed request in on the 26th of January (which is now passed) and ADR of updated pof, pcc and Schedule A Form which I submitted on the 7th of February.

Only for me to get a Procedural Fairness letter yesterday with regards to my pof. Please find attached, I need all the assistance I can get please, I have come too far to lose it all now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by seunpinky(m): 4:17pm On Feb 16, 2022
Ladygracy:
Thanks for sharing, this is just what I needed. Which province please.
ontario
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by seunpinky(m): 4:19pm On Feb 16, 2022
ednut1:
congrats my oga. This abroad favours married people who have good husbands and good wives. Single people try marry before coming to Canada o. Husband and wife material scarce for here. Mr Seunpinky con link me with your sister o

Ednut1 my chairman, y u dey whine me na... I don tell u say babes yapa for u for this Canada, shey make I begin tag them for this posts grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by seunpinky(m): 4:20pm On Feb 16, 2022
Brooke60:
Congratulations! Claiming this for husby & I this year.

From your mouth to God's ears

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ChristabelleD: 4:35pm On Feb 16, 2022
seunpinky:

ENCOURAGEMENT POST

She resumed work two weeks after we landed, it was a work from home role. I intensified my job search, applied to over a hundred companies and after several interviews with HR and Hiring Managers no job offer. I even started looking for customer service jobs, had an interview with one of the coys, my interviewer was a Ghanian, during the interview he encouraged me not to take the CS job saying that my qualifications and experience was above that role. He told me to be patient that I would get something good. So I signed up to the Acces employment job program ( a 1 week course on employment and interview skills for the Canada job market). Acces is a govt sponsored employment program to help immigrants transition into the Canadian job market.

A week after the end of the course, I applied for several roles in various coys and I eventually got a interview slot with an IT coy via Acces as an operations analyst with a pay of $20. During the interview process, the interviewers were impressed and of course with God's grace, they offered me a higher tole that was paying $38 per hour. I started this role on the first of October 2021 (3 months after I landed).

After I got the job offer, we immediately registered our child to the government day care centre ( I was practically baby sitting for those 3 months while my wife was working although she was working from home).

To cut the long story short, One month into my contract job I got 3 different permanent job offers ( 1 big four accounting firm, 2 big banks). I resigned my contract employment and resumed with one of the big banks. All these offers came within the month of October.

7 months down the line, we have purchased our own house and my wife has changed jobs after getting a much better offer.

Some lessons during the recruitment process:
1. Nothing like 2:1 required
2. Nothing like medical tests
3. Nothing like who do you know or who sent you.
4. Nothing like age limit.
5. Majority of the roles didn't even require a master's degree, your experience was enough.
6. You may not get your preferred role immediately you land but with time, u ll get your preferred role.

This is a country that stills gives my family an excess of $2,500 every month (free child day care worth $1,400, child benefits $692 per month, and other free benefits that just comes into your account HST etc).

The Crux of the matter is that:
1. Migration is not for everyone.
2. If u have chosen to migrate esp to Canada, please be patient with the process, don't give up, trust me the grass is greener on this side.
3. You can do the whole process yourself, u don't need to pay any agent. All the information u need is on this page.

Shalom!!!

God bless you for this, We applied last year and we are believing we will hear good news soon.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 16, 2022
Mauriss:

Nothing so far yet ... Though Mon &Tues have been slow generally. I pray the remaining part of the week brings good news for us.
I hope so too. A number of people with my visa officer code got ppr late Friday last week. Fingers crossed. All the best may God reward your patience.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Denerystormborn: 5:43pm On Feb 16, 2022
Hello my people. So i got a new passport and raised a webform for it to be included in my application. How long does it take on average for this to reflect in my application?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Jacknn: 5:49pm On Feb 16, 2022
Hello house??
I intend applying to schools in the US via study route. And I want to evaluate my credentials(WES) for US. I had already done WES canada doc by doc evaluation and I intend doing US wes course by course. The question is,will I still need to send my transcript from my university to wes US for evaluation with the knowledge that the authenticity ad already been known and valid when I did wes canada..

I'm asking so I can avoid the delay for transcript request from my varsity again.

Anybody who's successfully done the process should pls advice on what to do?! Is it possible

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lotusgoddess(f): 6:07pm On Feb 16, 2022
Can we go with photocopy of our intl passport in place of the original for BIL?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Betterlife2018: 6:25pm On Feb 16, 2022
No transcript request needed again. Same works for both

Jacknn:
Hello house??
I intend applying to schools in the US via study route. And I want to evaluate my credentials(WES) for US. I had already done WES canada doc by doc evaluation and I intend doing US wes course by course. The question is,will I still need to send my transcript from my university to wes US for evaluation with the knowledge that the authenticity ad already been known and valid when I did wes canada..

I'm asking so I can avoid the delay for transcript request from my varsity again.

Anybody who's successfully done the process should pls advice on what to do?! Is it possible

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 6:31pm On Feb 16, 2022
Lotusgoddess:
Can we go with photocopy of our intl passport in place of the original for BIL?
They'll want to see the original.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Jacknn: 7:31pm On Feb 16, 2022
Betterlife2018:
No transcript request needed again. Same works for both

Wow serzz.. thanks. Was already thinking of the headache to resend transcript for wes US oo.. pls what do I need to do,how can I kickstart the process,am I to message anybody via WES.. I just PM'd you tho,pls reply

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Betterlife2018: 7:37pm On Feb 16, 2022
Just create your profile on WES USA after that inform them that you have transcript with WES CANADA. They know what to do next... all the best.

see below someone experience-

" This answer is for transferring documents from WES CANADA to WES USA. If you want to transfer documents from WES USA to WES CANADA, the steps remain the same - just that your transferring agency and receiving agency will be reversed. Here’s how you do that:

You would need to create a WES US account and pay the amount for your credential evaluation.
WES will generate a reference number for the US evaluation.
On the WES site, there’s a web form where you can contact them. Submit your request there. Tell them your OLD WES CANADA reference number. Also tell them your new WES USA reference number. Tell them you want your documents transferred from the Canada account to the US account.
They’ll do it within a week to ten days usually.
To be sure that this gets done, 2–3 days after you submit your request for the transfer, you should call the WES helpline and tell the customer service rep that you submitted a request for this online and can he/she please confirm that they have received it? They’ll let you know.
I had done this early this year. And it took about 7–8 days for them to transfer the docs but it was done easily. Your WES US account will show your documents as received when the transfer is completed by them."

Jacknn:

Wow serzz.. thanks. Was already thinking of the headache to resend transcript for wes US oo.. pls what do I need to do,how can I kickstart the process,am I to message anybody via WES.. I just PM'd you tho,pls reply

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lotusgoddess(f): 7:52pm On Feb 16, 2022
Allegory:

They'll want to see the original.

Okay, thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by reniduke(f): 8:36pm On Feb 16, 2022
ednut1:
:Dnovice new officers at work

�just imagine. Was this after you uploaded the PCC?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by reniduke(f): 8:39pm On Feb 16, 2022
jumoye:
Yes, many people has gotten similar request from IRCC.

Lately,  PCC has been a common ADR that is being asked for. Some people have even been getting three requests namely PCC, re - medical and proof of funds

Thanks. She got remedical request last December and now PCC. E dey tire person, na why I had to ask If this is normal.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by reniduke(f): 8:41pm On Feb 16, 2022
Mstomie:
I don’t think the person has a reason to be worried, I got an updated request for a police certificate and got PPR a week after uploading it. The earlier your friend uploads the faster they’ll get ppr.

She has uploaded the new PCC today. I just told her your reply to encourage her��

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Jacknn: 9:20pm On Feb 16, 2022
Betterlife2018:
Just create your profile on WES USA after that inform them that you have transcript with WES CANADA. They know what to do next... all the best.

see below someone experience-

" This answer is for transferring documents from WES CANADA to WES USA. If you want to transfer documents from WES USA to WES CANADA, the steps remain the same - just that your transferring agency and receiving agency will be reversed. Here’s how you do that:

You would need to create a WES US account and pay the amount for your credential evaluation.
WES will generate a reference number for the US evaluation.
On the WES site, there’s a web form where you can contact them. Submit your request there. Tell them your OLD WES CANADA reference number. Also tell them your new WES USA reference number. Tell them you want your documents transferred from the Canada account to the US account.
They’ll do it within a week to ten days usually.
To be sure that this gets done, 2–3 days after you submit your request for the transfer, you should call the WES helpline and tell the customer service rep that you submitted a request for this online and can he/she please confirm that they have received it? They’ll let you know.
I had done this early this year. And it took about 7–8 days for them to transfer the docs but it was done easily. Your WES US account will show your documents as received when the transfer is completed by them."

Thanks broda

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by littyprincess: 3:51am On Feb 17, 2022
eniola1010:
Hello guys. Does this means that the last time experience class people were picked from the pool is sept 14th 2021, and 2000 people were picked and tne lowest score of the people picked is 462?

Is this my interpretation accurate?
Yup. It’s looking like CEC is going to suffer alongside FSW this year o. Painful but looks like it’s for the best. People that have been waiting need to get their applications finalized and land please

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Telemaduke: 6:26am On Feb 17, 2022
Hello fellow Canadians,
I recently got ADR for Schedule A Online for me and my spouse which I submitted last week. I submitted the electronic form that could be validated as stated in the request letter.

However, i got another ADR for schedule A yesterday. This time, the letter just said 'updated schedule A for me and my spouse' with no additional details.

My question Is that is schedule A online different from Schedule A form? Could it be that I probably made a mistake in the previous one submitted?

Your input will be appreciated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by moyin29: 7:03am On Feb 17, 2022
You are to print the form fill it, sign and then scan it
Telemaduke:
Hello fellow Canadians,
I recently got ADR for Schedule A Online for me and my spouse which I submitted last week. I submitted the electronic form that could be validated as stated in the request letter.

However, i got another ADR for schedule A yesterday. This time, the letter just said 'updated schedule A for me and my spouse' with no additional details.

My question Is that is schedule A online different from Schedule A form? Could it be that I probably made a mistake in the previous one submitted?

Your input will be appreciated.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Mauriss: 7:06am On Feb 17, 2022
toyeebahlim:

I hope so too. A number of people with my visa officer code got ppr late Friday last week. Fingers crossed. All the best may God reward your patience.
Amen! We shall all celebrate the good news soonest.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by darasam4u: 12:26pm On Feb 17, 2022
Dear All,
I've tried to read through various pages on this great tread.
However, I'm still confused on either to do ECA on my M.Sc. & B.Sc. or only on M.Sc. being my highest qualification.
This is because, while some people advised to do ECA on highest qualification for Canadian EE, especially for the speed of one over two certificate, others advised doing also for B.Sc. probably because of Provincial Nomination.
Please can someone help clarify if doing on M.Sc. alone can also qualify me for Provincial Nomination etc. or must I do on B.Sc. too?
Also would doing on both increase my score?
Thanks in advance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 17, 2022
WES website said do for only msc as the highest qualification. Son of man, I advice you do for your msc only sha.
darasam4u:
Dear All,
I've tried to read through various pages on this great tread.
However, I'm still confused on either to do ECA on my M.Sc. & B.Sc. or only on M.Sc. being my highest qualification.
This is because, while some people advised to do ECA on highest qualification for Canadian EE, especially for the speed of one over two certificate, others advised doing also for B.Sc. probably because of Provincial Nomination.
Please can someone help clarify if doing on M.Sc. alone can also qualify me for Provincial Nomination etc. or must I do on B.Sc. too?
Also would doing on both increase my score?
Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 17, 2022
And don’t forget ielts for you and your partner

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Aibisoye0: 2:40pm On Feb 17, 2022
Hello House,

I'm trying to update my PCC on CIC portal, Im not sure on which details im to fill in like document number and expiry date for PCC. Is it the 3 months from collection?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Hanispice: 2:55pm On Feb 17, 2022
Please I have a question.

I submitted my application for permanent residency on the 28th of April 2020.
Got married on the 29th of January 2022 and notified ircc on the morning of the 3rd of Feb 2022. I then got Ready for Visa mail on the evening of the 3rd of Feb.

I have been waiting on ircc to tell me what to do next but no response.
Should I go ahead and submit my passport? Would it be termed as misrepresentation, since the PR came after the wedding?

Pls advice me as I've raised several webforms without anything concrete.

VO is Ottawa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 17, 2022
Your wife was not on the profile bro. She doesn’t have a police clearance or profile on the application. I leave the elders to this matter. They will attend to the issue you have tabled

Hanispice:

Got married on the 29th of January 2022 and notified ircc on the morning of the 3rd of Feb 2022. I then got Ready for Visa mail on the evening of the 3rd of Feb.

Should I go ahead and submit my passport? Would it be termed as misrepresentation, since the PR came after the wedding?

VO is Ottawa
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 5:51pm On Feb 17, 2022
Hanispice:

VO is Ottawa
They're currently overwhelmed by the number of webforms they're getting so I think you should wait atleast 3 weeks for a response to your first webform. I've noticed that that's how long it takes for them to respond these days. No need sending more. Also have you tried calling on the phone?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (632) (Reply)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

Viewing this topic: YMCgyna(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.