Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1045392 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (630) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by odeyinkao: 12:30pm On Feb 18, 2022
Thank you so much

Lorenza:
Yes, you can book medicals ahead for yourself and family seeing how tight getting dates can be.
You will not be able to book biometrics without the BIL and that you get when R10 is complete and medicals passed.
Get your PCC close to when you think you’ll be able to submit.
If you don’t have reference letters from your work place and bank yet, get that.
Get your digital photo sorted. Snap at any studio24 and just get the digital copy (soft copy).
That’s all I can remember for now. All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by odeyinkao: 12:32pm On Feb 18, 2022
Thank you so much

Allegory:

You're expecting ITA in the next pnp draw?

Which means your pof and reference letters are already ready.
You can book medicals cos you might not be able to get a close date after ITA. You can't do biometrics until IRCC sends you a letter so that's out of the question. Get the dates of birth of all your siblings and spouse siblings if applicable. This one wasted my time more than i thought it would. Make sure your passports are in order. The other activities are pretty straight forward and won't take more than a day.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Olisa222: 12:36pm On Feb 18, 2022
Hi guys, please I worked from January 2016 to June 2019 which is 3 years. Oinp work experience should be between 5 years. 5 years ago was 2017. Does it mean I have to start from 2017 and lose points for 3 years? Because 2017 to 2019 is 2 years. I need help from seniors in the house.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by seunpinky(m): 2:04pm On Feb 18, 2022
onyexx:

Hi Seun….can I please dm you? I’m landing next week and I have a few questions

Hi, I don't have access to my NL email. You can drop ur email on a dead thread and just tag me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zerotrust: 2:16pm On Feb 18, 2022
Hi Guys/Gals, I received a remed request today from IRCC. my initial medicals should expire on the 3rd of March 2022. Is this normal?

AOR: 6th March 2021

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by greenverte(f): 2:28pm On Feb 18, 2022
Allegory:

People have done this in the past and gotten PR. But these people didn't do it just to target pnp ITA.

Now that so many people are doing it to target pnp who knows whether the VOs would start to see it as misrepresentation. Until some of the people that did this for pnp start getting PPR, I don't think anyone can answer this question for sure.

For now, I still see it as a risk, and imo if you're going to do it make sure you have a reasonable explanation handy (with proof)+ in case of ADR or PFL. E.g employer refused to give you reference letter, experience was unpaid or part time, etc. Just in case.

Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 3:07pm On Feb 18, 2022
Olisa222:
Hi guys, please I worked from January 2016 to June 2019 which is 3 years. Oinp work experience should be between 5 years. 5 years ago was 2017. Does it mean I have to start from 2017 and lose points for 3 years? Because 2017 to 2019 is 2 years. I need help from seniors in the house.
Thats not what it means.

Oinp is looking for 1 year in the past 5 years, which means even if your work experience was 2015-2018; You can still get an invite for the 1year that falls inside the past 5 years. Nothing stops you from claiming the older years cos you need that one for your express entry profile.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by jollytravels: 3:21pm On Feb 18, 2022
HELLO ALL,
Please in putting together proof of funds can I use my pension fund to balance up my POF, will it fly? As i have taken out some money to pay for tuition fee. ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Igethope: 3:25pm On Feb 18, 2022
Immigration minister: Canada to resume Express Entry draws for skilled workers in “near term”

https://www.cicnews.com/2022/02/immigration-minister-canada-to-resume-express-entry-draws-for-skilled-workers-in-near-term-0222398.html#gs.q1gmiy

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Olisa222: 3:50pm On Feb 18, 2022
Allegory:

Thats not what it means.

Oinp is looking for 1 year in the past 5 years, which means even if your work experience was 2015-2018; You can still get an invite for the 1year that falls inside the past 5 years. Nothing stops you from claiming the older years cos you need that one for your express entry profile.
fantastic! Thanks for your help always.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Aphrodite007(f): 4:00pm On Feb 18, 2022
GraciousWords:

....also are you 2171 or 2172?....looks like 2172 has a chance of being selected for OINP Tech draw.

Sorry 2171. Typo.

But even if I my experience was 2172 my score is 453 with 1 or 2 year experience or 478 with 3 years. I won’t be picked because oinp goes for 455 & 464

I’ll just wait for the fsw draw sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cyris: 4:47pm On Feb 18, 2022
I think you should resubmit the document IOM gave you when u did your medical test.

When I applied for spousal open work permit for my wife and her medical test result was still valid, I got a medical test request close to when the visa was approved, I simply sent them d document again and stated I did an upfront medical. I even called the chief nurse in IOM and she told me they uploaded my result. The visa was approved not long after that

Zerotrust:
Hi Guys/Gals, I received a remed request today from IRCC. my initial medicals should expire on the 3rd of March 2022. Is this normal?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 5:13pm On Feb 18, 2022
greenverte:
Hello house, any one with experience should help out.

I have different NOCs from same organisation but I want to use just one which is 2yrs so that my scores will fall within ONIP scores.
This means I won't me mentioning them when filling pre ITA but will fill them into personal history post ITA.

My question is, will it be termed misinterpretation?

Not misrepresentation in my opinion. I'm so confident of this view that I'll pay your lawyer fees for judicial review if the VO does anyhow grin

So long as you include the other NOCs in personal history even if they are not in WE, I don't think you have a problem. You are not concealing the fact that you have additional years of work experience, you just want to claim points for some and not all. This is for post ITA when you are facing IRCC, I have no idea how OINP actually assess their own nomination applications.

The link below says update all your WE to qualify for a broad range of programs, my interpretation is that if I want to target a particular programme e.g. PNP and not FSW, I can update the barest minimum required to do so e.g. 1yr

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1125&top=29

But if your heart is doing gbim gbim then wait for FSW which we all hope and pray starts soon.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 5:17pm On Feb 18, 2022
jollytravels:
HELLO ALL,
Please in putting together proof of funds can I use my pension fund to balance up my POF, will it fly? As i have taken out some money to pay for tuition fee. ?

Read here, it depends, some VOS accept it, some don't seem to.

https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/462#99348059

https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/462#99349428

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 5:21pm On Feb 18, 2022
Zerotrust:

Zerotrust ....pls trust IRCC & go for your remeds, it's not unusual cheesy

3rd March 2022 is 2 weeks from now so if you were issued PPR today you wouldn't be able to land before then anyway unless IRCC auto extends it for you, which they have decided not to by asking you to provide remeds

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zerotrust: 5:37pm On Feb 18, 2022
Yea, thanks. That makes sense
GraciousWords:

Zerotrust ....pls trust IRCC & go for your remeds, it's not unusual cheesy

3rd March 2022 is 2 weeks from now so if you were issued PPR today you wouldn't be able to land before then anyway unless IRCC auto extends it for you, which they have decided not to by asking you to provide remeds
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by chubbyrat: 5:41pm On Feb 18, 2022
Good evening everyone.
Please I received an ADR to submit updated POF. The problem is that I spent some of the money while waiting.
Is it possible for my husband to send the funds to my account without it being suspicious. (About 2.5m). Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ovywils: 6:14pm On Feb 18, 2022
GraciousWords:

Read here. New passport will not get updated on MyCIC/GC Key. You will only know 100% by a webform reply or GCMS notes. Doesn't harm to resend webform with new passport again.

https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/633#103727966

Hmm
Does that mean if I receive PPR just after making a new passport, I won't be able to submit new passport to VFS but will rather send a webform and wait?
I need clarity please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Denerystormborn: 6:33pm On Feb 18, 2022
Thank you your Grace. When sending the webform,in the part where i have to choose type of enquiry,should i pick permanemt residence or additional document?
GraciousWords:

Read here. New passport will not get updated on MyCIC/GC Key. You will only know 100% by a webform reply or GCMS notes. Doesn't harm to resend webform with new passport again.

https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/633#103727966
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by angrybutsane(f): 6:37pm On Feb 18, 2022
Zerotrust:

You need to have medical with at least 6 months expiry date. Pls go ahead and do it , your ppr will drop �.

March is just by the corner . . Not enough time for u to send passports for visa stamping and to travel .

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by angrybutsane(f): 6:39pm On Feb 18, 2022
chubbyrat:
Good evening everyone.
Please I received an ADR to submit updated POF. The problem is that I spent some of the money while waiting.
Is it possible for my husband to send the funds to my account without it being suspicious. (About 2.5m). Thank you

Yes you can do that . My husband sent some part of money for pof . Wrote loe that the deposit was from my husband for savings . Gotten ppr

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 7:01pm On Feb 18, 2022
Denerystormborn:
Thank you your Grace. When sending the webform,in the part where i have to choose type of enquiry,should i pick permanemt residence or additional document?

Click here and choose "add a document to your application"

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 7:02pm On Feb 18, 2022
angrybutsane:

Yes you can do that . My husband sent some part of money for pof . Wrote loe that the deposit was from my husband for savings . Gotten ppr

Was the transfer from hubby at the beginning, AOR or when you were asked for ADR?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by chubbyrat: 7:09pm On Feb 18, 2022
angrybutsane:

Please was this after you got ADR? I'm literally panicking

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 7:09pm On Feb 18, 2022
Ovywils:

Hmm
Does that mean if I receive PPR just after making a new passport, I won't be able to submit new passport to VFS but will rather send a webform and wait?
I need clarity please

I've read people submitting both old and new without informing IRCC e.g. if new passport came today and they get PPR tomorrow. Others say they sent webform and waited.

In these days of 1 month before webform reply, if it ever happened to me, I'd take my chances & send both my old and new passports to VFS and simultaneously send a webform with new passport scan and LOE explaining what I've done. It shouldn't be a big deal because the new passport has the previous passport number, so easy to link both. Hopefully IRCC thinks so too.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Denerystormborn: 8:01pm On Feb 18, 2022
Thank you very much.

When they ask for the application i submitted,should i choose provimcial nominee or express entry?

Also,i don't know if my application is being processed outside canada. Or should i just click yes?
GraciousWords:

Click here and choose "add a document to your application"

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by wayforward2grea(f): 8:10pm On Feb 18, 2022
My sister a Custom officer want to relocate to Canada and wish to give this Canada express entry a try. She's very sound financially but she doesn't understand the processing. She want me to help me find an agent that can process it for her and her family. Is there any acredited agent in Lagos Nigeria?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by NSE19: 9:01pm On Feb 18, 2022
Hello @GraciousWords , Thank you for your response to my post.
I rewrote IELTs and now my score is 468.

Previously I had L=8.5, S=8, W=7.5, R=7.5
Now I have L=8,S=7.5, W=7.5, S=7.5

I would give it one more try to reach 465.
Thank you for always!

GraciousWords:

#PersonalOpinion

*OINP NOIs are not random (red)
*What do you have to lose? (apart from the IELTS exam fee)
*Do you have a strategy for which competence you plan to shave off the 6 points in (LRW or S)? I assume you currently have CLB 10 on all except W.
*What alternatives do you have i.e. if you do not go for OINP, what is the plan?

Write a list of pros and cons of "OINP versus "whatever the alternative is", and I think the best option will become a bit clearer.

Pls read here again:

https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontarios-express-entry-human-capital-priorities-stream

https://www.ontario.ca/page/2022-ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-updates

Goodluck!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 9:27pm On Feb 18, 2022
NSE19:

Previously I had L=8.5, S=8, W=7.5, R=7.5
Now I have L=8,S=7.5, W=7.5, S=7.5

..........my score is 468.

Ewoooooo!!! See brains o....your W actually refused to shift from CLB 10.... cheesy

Any likelihood your next birthday may lose you 5 points in the next couple of months?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ovywils: 10:33pm On Feb 18, 2022
GraciousWords:

I've read people submitting both old and new without informing IRCC e.g. if new passport came today and they get PPR tomorrow. Others say they sent webform and waited.

In these days of 1 month before webform reply, if it ever happened to me, I'd take my chances & send both my old and new passports to VFS and simultaneously send a webform with new passport scan and LOE explaining what I've done. It shouldn't be a big deal because the new passport has the previous passport number, so easy to link both. Hopefully IRCC thinks so too.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by angrybutsane(f): 11:34pm On Feb 18, 2022
Wasn’t an adr . Was wen I was adding my baby . I sent updated PoF. So husband had to transfer to me to make up the PoF . ( think I should edit that post to bank transfer not deposit )

After I did loe and stated it’s savings from husband .

GraciousWords:

Was the transfer from hubby at the beginning, AOR or when you were asked for ADR?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by angrybutsane(f): 11:36pm On Feb 18, 2022
chubbyrat:

Please was this after you got ADR? I'm literally panicking

Don’t PAnic o. Haba! Wasn’t an adr . I sent updated pof due to baby addition .

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (630) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.