Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,256 members, 7,822,307 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Prowess Engineering On Ikoyi Building Collapse: Why We Withdrew Further Services - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Prowess Engineering On Ikoyi Building Collapse: Why We Withdrew Further Services (49279 Views)

Lagos Begins Deconstruction Of Three Structures On Ikoyi Building Collapse Site / Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me / Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prowess Engineering On Ikoyi Building Collapse: Why We Withdrew Further Services by kjhova(m): 9:47pm On Nov 01, 2021
Gee64:
This is the consequence of exam malpractices in schools where we end up producing fake professionals.

The structures set up by the whites in Lagos years back are still standing.

This fixation with skin colour is racism without realizing it, and it happens rather too frequently around here. Just call them British, which is what they were and are. I mean Bishop Samuel Ajayi Crowther was one of the very energetic colonizers and he was darker than most of us on this forum.

2 Likes

Re: Prowess Engineering On Ikoyi Building Collapse: Why We Withdrew Further Services by wallrichy: 9:49pm On Nov 01, 2021
Abeg take it easy on the poor guy o....such a curse hardly miss road o.....don't make him run mad abeg....uncurse your curses right now my friend....

Sonyboom765:
How a foolish tribe churn out lunatics like you daily must truly be divine. May it never be well with each n every member of your tribe, home, abroad, dead, alive n unborn.

Re: Prowess Engineering On Ikoyi Building Collapse: Why We Withdrew Further Services by iLoveYouToo(m): 9:51pm On Nov 01, 2021
Driggs:
People for island dey get mind sha..

una go build building on water, still dey make am 21 storeys?

Dubai weyn una dey copy na desert and hard sand..

Make una dash the money to charity!

Ever heard of Miami?

1 Like

Re: Prowess Engineering On Ikoyi Building Collapse: Why We Withdrew Further Services by jojo1415: 9:59pm On Nov 01, 2021
I listened to the audio of one of the survivors that the owners of the said building including senators were among the dead ones still trapped in the building.they were doing meeting with the engineers when the building collapsed
Re: Prowess Engineering On Ikoyi Building Collapse: Why We Withdrew Further Services by Tomahawk99(m): 10:00pm On Nov 01, 2021
Driggs:

Asians dey build on top water steady, na the quality of work matter.

1 Like

Re: Prowess Engineering On Ikoyi Building Collapse: Why We Withdrew Further Services by Amanda4life: 10:12pm On Nov 01, 2021
GOVERNMENT SHOULD STOP CONSTRUCTION OF ALL BUILDINGS ABOVE 4TH FLOOR IN IKOYI AREAS
Re: Prowess Engineering On Ikoyi Building Collapse: Why We Withdrew Further Services by Amanda4life: 10:13pm On Nov 01, 2021
jojo1415:
I listened to the audio of one of the survivors that the owners of the said building including senators were among the dead ones still trapped in the building.they were doing meeting with the engineers when the building collapsed
THE BUILDINGS HAD BURIED THE BULDERS
Re: Prowess Engineering On Ikoyi Building Collapse: Why We Withdrew Further Services by Advancedman(m): 10:17pm On Nov 01, 2021
NigeriaEngineer:
Thank you prowess Engineering for this clarity. I respect your professionalism and thank God for the documentation.

I am so happy that there are still engineering firms who will not sell their integrity even for gold.

It is glaring that the covetousness of the client has led to the collapse of the building.

With this letter, it is evident that the building has shown some sign of failure in the early stage before the eventual collapse.

When everyone does right, everything will surely go right.

This is what most client are doing now and I had gladly dump them as I cannot and shall not compromise my standards.

3 Likes

Re: Prowess Engineering On Ikoyi Building Collapse: Why We Withdrew Further Services by Ayodele20(m): 10:20pm On Nov 01, 2021
wallrichy:
What's that got to do with the situation on ground. Some Ibos are just haters and sadists.....God help you guys from the East from your self inflicted hatred and bitterness. Too hateful upon nothing...

1 Like

Re: Prowess Engineering On Ikoyi Building Collapse: Why We Withdrew Further Services by Ayodele20(m): 10:28pm On Nov 01, 2021
SensualMan1:
Never leave ur building project in the hands of a yoruba man. They are just wack.

Imagine the disaster caused by a yoruba contractor. I'm tired of these people.

In other words, few days to go. Remember, Anambra is a done deal. Soludo - solution
Professor Chukwuma Soludo for Governor of Anambra state. Nkea bu nke anyi! Be anyi kanyi n'azo!

You might as well tell your people to never live in Yoruba communities coz they are 'wacks' as you claim.And it is you fool and your idiot,lazy ancestors and no-life future generations that will be rushing to Lagos in search of a better life. I dunno why most of you Iyamiris are just senseless with reasoning clouded by hate and shear bigotry.You will continue to wail and die in your Terrorism-bedevilled region.I'm sure your brain has been infected with the terminal IPOBian disease type 2 and sadly it has no cure for now.
Get a life. I hate low-life scums of the earth.No wonder your eyes are bigger than your brain.
Ndi Ara Igbo! Awon werey!

3 Likes

Re: Prowess Engineering On Ikoyi Building Collapse: Why We Withdrew Further Services by Iwaniewa: 10:30pm On Nov 01, 2021
SensualMan1:
Never leave ur building project in the hands of a yoruba man. They are just wack.

In other words, few days to go. Remember, Anambra is a done deal. Soludo - solution
Professor Chukwuma Soludo for Governor of Anambra state. Nkea bu nke anyi! Be anyi kanyi n'azo!
You are a fool

4 Likes

Re: Prowess Engineering On Ikoyi Building Collapse: Why We Withdrew Further Services by sheriffman(m): 10:31pm On Nov 01, 2021
SensualMan1:

Iyalaya ẹ

2 Likes

Re: Prowess Engineering On Ikoyi Building Collapse: Why We Withdrew Further Services by SocialJustice: 10:37pm On Nov 01, 2021
Driggs:

You're talking rubbish abeg. Most of Dubai with tall buildings especially the marinas and waterfront are reclaimed land just like Lagos Island.

The letter clearly stated what caused the building to collapse but you didn't read rather, you're rushing to type rubbish.
Re: Prowess Engineering On Ikoyi Building Collapse: Why We Withdrew Further Services by Segkem2013(m): 10:39pm On Nov 01, 2021
SensualMan1:

You are either an orphan or a product of a hateful marriage. Let love lead.
Re: Prowess Engineering On Ikoyi Building Collapse: Why We Withdrew Further Services by karnap(m): 10:44pm On Nov 01, 2021
AntiWailer:
Power of documentation.

I guessed they saw the "we can do it cheaper crew"
That man mr femi is my former boss,he is a dubious man who want to cheat everyone ...when I saw the picture on Facebook i call.my friend in ikoyi and the just tell me that it's mr femi buildings.
Re: Prowess Engineering On Ikoyi Building Collapse: Why We Withdrew Further Services by ajl: 10:59pm On Nov 01, 2021
Wiifesnatcher:

Igbo and their Nnamdi KANU stupidity pro max, this is the kind that applaud ugm months back but tagged them Fulani when zoo army is killing them like rat

you people brain are just somehow, very anyhow tribe

What if the individual that posted that message isn't Igbo but one of the online warriors hired by government to bring disharmony between Yorubas and Igbos. Somethings just need to be ignored
Re: Prowess Engineering On Ikoyi Building Collapse: Why We Withdrew Further Services by 2unjee: 11:03pm On Nov 01, 2021
You no well
SensualMan1:

Re: Prowess Engineering On Ikoyi Building Collapse: Why We Withdrew Further Services by wakaman: 11:05pm On Nov 01, 2021
SensualMan1:

You can't get far in life and in death.

1 Like

Re: Prowess Engineering On Ikoyi Building Collapse: Why We Withdrew Further Services by Enimoney3: 11:13pm On Nov 01, 2021
Thunder fire your generations..... Tribalistic
Re: Prowess Engineering On Ikoyi Building Collapse: Why We Withdrew Further Services by Yoighaman(m): 11:36pm On Nov 01, 2021
PassingShot:
More business coming to Prowess Engineering with this development. Kudos to them.

This is the height of low-key, no-budget advertisement.
Re: Prowess Engineering On Ikoyi Building Collapse: Why We Withdrew Further Services by hardbody: 11:59pm On Nov 01, 2021
27Pushing30:

Exactly ... in the business world acknowledgement copy is sacrosanct.

I have been reading all these comments on acknowledgement but we have closed our eyes to the fact that sometimes recipients blatantly refuse to even accept letters directed to them. Available options will be to either resend through courier or follow through by conduct (refusing to continue to work on the project in this instance). In anycase, prowess has claimed it discontinued this relationship, I have no other proof to disbelieve them until the property owners provide a different evidence perhaps by subsequent payments made or other correspondences with Prowess. I guess we are so fraudulent in this country that even a good and well intended move is prone to suspicion and misinterpretation. I hope the truth gets established.

3 Likes

Re: Prowess Engineering On Ikoyi Building Collapse: Why We Withdrew Further Services by NewNg1: 12:08am On Nov 02, 2021
SensualMan1:

You are not an igbo man, you are sponsored to create enimity between the two loving tribes. we know your types.
Re: Prowess Engineering On Ikoyi Building Collapse: Why We Withdrew Further Services by Observer007(m): 12:22am On Nov 02, 2021
27Pushing30:

Exactly ... in the business world acknowledgement copy is sacrosanct.

You're correct.

However, there has been no refutation whatsoever of the said letter or its claims. Therefore, until then I am inclined to believe Prowess. Also, keep in mind that the Acknowledgement Copy you ask about is very likely chilling in a file somewhere, probably reserved for more serious uses such as litigation, etc.
Re: Prowess Engineering On Ikoyi Building Collapse: Why We Withdrew Further Services by Tayorshd2(m): 12:28am On Nov 02, 2021
That place is not island oo it's eti osa locla government

Driggs:

Re: Prowess Engineering On Ikoyi Building Collapse: Why We Withdrew Further Services by tonyashburton: 12:34am On Nov 02, 2021
The receiver of the correspondence (in this case the property developer) will acknowledge receipt of a photocopy or duplicate of the original rather than his own copy.
BouquiLake:
1st query on the purported letter... Was the letter not enveloped? I can print a letter today and backdateto 2016 sef.

Secondly, Was the letter nit delivered to the client?

Re: Prowess Engineering On Ikoyi Building Collapse: Why We Withdrew Further Services by juniorstar(m): 12:58am On Nov 02, 2021
CryptoClub2018:

https://punchng.com/ikoyi-building-collapse-why-we-withdrew-further-services-construction-company/
A company that knows its onions..building a structure like this is like flying a plane..you need to tick all the boxes before flying.
Re: Prowess Engineering On Ikoyi Building Collapse: Why We Withdrew Further Services by OmoEpe(m): 12:58am On Nov 02, 2021
SensualMan1:

I guess in your depraved and deranged mind Richard Nyong the M.D. of lekk garden whose building collapsed in 2016 is also a Yoruba man

Some nonentities like you have you reasoning faculties trapped inside Baboon Cownu's anus

1 Like

Re: Prowess Engineering On Ikoyi Building Collapse: Why We Withdrew Further Services by Hotspotbro(m): 1:23am On Nov 02, 2021
ThierryJay:
Really unfortunate. Smart move from the construction company to protect their integrity. I know that building very well near Lafarge Holcim office on Gerrard. It's been uncompleted for a while and I remember I used to admire it from afar as it was going to be the tallest building in that Ikoyi axis.

This is really terrible. Worked had stopped on the building for a while so it's not like activities were ongoing there on a daily basis. How the collapse then happened on the day a lot of people were present was really an unfortunate luck. Could it also be that the extra load of 50 people unbalanced the already weak structure
I used to focus my eyes on the building and admire the workers on scaffolding.it was a shock when I saw the pics now shocked
Re: Prowess Engineering On Ikoyi Building Collapse: Why We Withdrew Further Services by SMBH: 1:38am On Nov 02, 2021
SensualMan1:

Foolish bastard... Tribalistic bigot. When you see a yoruba man tomorrow now you'll open your rotten teeth meanwhile you are a tribalistic animal. Spits
Re: Prowess Engineering On Ikoyi Building Collapse: Why We Withdrew Further Services by edward1106(m): 1:57am On Nov 02, 2021
nobobaj:

How many is 21 storey when Dubai built 56 floor on top water(Burj Arab)
That will tell you our water is different. grin
Re: Prowess Engineering On Ikoyi Building Collapse: Why We Withdrew Further Services by HBB1(m): 2:01am On Nov 02, 2021
SensualMan1:

Cc Seun
Re: Prowess Engineering On Ikoyi Building Collapse: Why We Withdrew Further Services by rhames(m): 3:55am On Nov 02, 2021
CryptoClub2018:

https://punchng.com/ikoyi-building-collapse-why-we-withdrew-further-services-construction-company/

I live on 3 storey building in Kaduna which was built over forty years ago on marshy land. I cannot find a crack on that building, either surface or foundation.

My investigation, using my experience as an engineer, revealed that what was used to build its foundation could be used to build a two-storey building. The owner sold it when he was leaving town.

Other buildings that were built at the same time with it have all sunk and going for auction at less than the value but this one stood.

It is obvious that the owners of this property intended at all times to cut corners, putting profit before integrity and risk of losing human lives.

As far as I am concerned, this man should be made to face the law.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

World’s Most Expensive Homes From Teletubby-style Palace To High-tech Mansions / Lagos Resident Laments The Invasion Of His Compound By Monkeys (Photos, Video) / Landlord Puts Up Tenant’s Underwear For Auction For Owing Him Rent (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.