Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,898 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

Victor Nnam: Enugu Workers Move Against Resigned Lands Commissioner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Victor Nnam: Enugu Workers Move Against Resigned Lands Commissioner (13817 Views)

Gov Ugwuanyi Hosts Ex-Enugu Lands Commissioner, Nnam / Demolition: Victor Nnam Disowns Marked Property In Dimond Estate / Victor Nnam Resigns As Enugu Commissioner For Lands Over Undue Interference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Victor Nnam: Enugu Workers Move Against Resigned Lands Commissioner by OEPHIUS(m): 5:48am On Nov 02, 2021
Workers in Enugu State have reacted to the resignation of the Commissioner for Lands, Victor Nnam, declaring he must face justice.

This was contained in a statement by the organised labour signed by Virginus Nwobodo and Ben Asogwa of the Nigeria Labour Congress and Trade Union Congress of Nigeria, Enugu State Councils, respectively.

Nnam resigned his appointment at the weekend.

Reacting to the development, the workers said the reasons he gave were far from the truth, claiming he was already under investigation and was trying to escape the long arm of the law.

They said in the statement: “The ministry of lands under the former commissioner revoked the land belonging to members of the Nigeria Union of Local Government Employees, (NULGE) Enugu State, re-parcelled the land and consequently re-allocated same to another set of owners. All the local government workers affected by this action are still counting their losses.

“The commissioner also revoked plots of land belonging to a body of health workers in ESUT Teaching Hospital, Parklane, Enugu (mostly medical doctors) and all attempts to recover the property have repeatedly been truncated by the former commissioner and his team.

“The ministry under the former commissioner has made a lot of residents, including workers, to lose the plots of land they bought with their hard earned and lean income.

“Nigeria Labour Congress and Trade Union Congress of Nigeria, Enugu State Councils, under the chairmanship of Nwobodo and Asogwa, respectively, expressed disappointment on the level of decay in the ministry and plead with the Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi to ensure the next person to occupy the office must be humble, approachable, Godly and law-abiding in the discharge of his duties. The people of Enugu State cannot afford to work with another arrogant and unfriendly commissioner in the ministry.”

Similarly, NULGE, in a statement by its president in the State, Kenneth Ugwueze, urged the security agencies to conclude ongoing investigations on the activities of the former commissioner and ensure his trial.

“As a responsible and responsive union, we controlled the anger of our members who were ready for showdown considering the current fragile security environment and resorted to a civil approach through a report to the security agencies in the state…

“While the security agencies were still investigating and making their preliminary reports, the commissioner hurriedly tendered his resignation letter to avert his sack since his guilty conscience was already staring him in the face, claiming to be in hospital.

“It is ridiculous for the commissioner to write such a letter of resignation when investigation is ongoing and those his senior officers were only redeployed to give way for proper investigation of his ministry which has been on public domain, including but not limited to several invitations by the state House of Assembly.

“We, therefore, cry out that the investigation by the security agencies be concluded so that justice will be done.”
https://www.sunnewsonline.com/enugu-workers-move-against-resigned-lands-commissioner/

Re: Victor Nnam: Enugu Workers Move Against Resigned Lands Commissioner by FalseProphet1(m): 5:52am On Nov 02, 2021
sad
Re: Victor Nnam: Enugu Workers Move Against Resigned Lands Commissioner by iLoveYouToo(m): 5:52am On Nov 02, 2021
I knew there was more to that resignation, very un-African

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Nnam: Enugu Workers Move Against Resigned Lands Commissioner by Nickyblithe: 5:52am On Nov 02, 2021
Na them sabi���

3 Likes

Re: Victor Nnam: Enugu Workers Move Against Resigned Lands Commissioner by Nobody: 5:53am On Nov 02, 2021
soon....very soon, before u misbehave for this country u go think twice.

This I have seen.

8 Likes

Re: Victor Nnam: Enugu Workers Move Against Resigned Lands Commissioner by Snipespeter: 5:53am On Nov 02, 2021
grin Na Dem Dem.... All of dem know wetin dem de do.

2 Likes

Re: Victor Nnam: Enugu Workers Move Against Resigned Lands Commissioner by fasho01(m): 5:53am On Nov 02, 2021
Double wahala for the guy

1 Like

Re: Victor Nnam: Enugu Workers Move Against Resigned Lands Commissioner by MRDEE01: 5:54am On Nov 02, 2021
Matter haf tie wrapper.
But let's hear his side of the story first.

1 Like

Re: Victor Nnam: Enugu Workers Move Against Resigned Lands Commissioner by madjune(m): 5:54am On Nov 02, 2021
I knew there was something fishy about that guy's resignation.
That word is alien to the average Nigerian politician who wan chop clear road.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Nnam: Enugu Workers Move Against Resigned Lands Commissioner by mcayomind: 5:55am On Nov 02, 2021
You can't beat a man that's already down, he knows and ready for all this.

2 Likes

Re: Victor Nnam: Enugu Workers Move Against Resigned Lands Commissioner by hisexcellency34: 5:55am On Nov 02, 2021
See another young leader messing up like Yahaya Bello

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Nnam: Enugu Workers Move Against Resigned Lands Commissioner by Optimistguy1969: 5:59am On Nov 02, 2021
So there is also an ibo man called Virginus?

I hope fuckinus no dey exist somewhere grin

2 Likes

Re: Victor Nnam: Enugu Workers Move Against Resigned Lands Commissioner by crossfm: 6:01am On Nov 02, 2021
Hehehe.

The workers just woke up from their slumber lol. The paid worker's should continue to do the bidding of their pay masters.

Nigeria, it's only when you fall out with your godfather boom,your sin's will be remembered.
The once messiah can easily become the devil.

8 Likes

Re: Victor Nnam: Enugu Workers Move Against Resigned Lands Commissioner by Tascey: 6:02am On Nov 02, 2021
Humble080:
I knew that this would eventually happen
Re: Victor Nnam: Enugu Workers Move Against Resigned Lands Commissioner by oldninja(m): 6:02am On Nov 02, 2021
As understandable as the union leaders' (who're usually pocketed by their executives) complaints may appear, it still hasn't negatted the reasons the ex commissioner gave for his resignation

4 Likes

Re: Victor Nnam: Enugu Workers Move Against Resigned Lands Commissioner by kenex4ever(m): 6:02am On Nov 02, 2021
hisexcellency34:
See another young leader messing up like Yahaya Bello
U people are always reacting without hearing the second side of the story.

Do u know if he followed due process in revoking the lands. Did he say he wont face trial?

Normal Nigerian leaders will never resign even if people are killed.

Also anybody that his land is revoked must certainly not be happy, but the question is, was the revoking the right thing to be done.

1 Like

Re: Victor Nnam: Enugu Workers Move Against Resigned Lands Commissioner by Roteyd: 6:03am On Nov 02, 2021
Get a professional business or company logo design done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo that can be used for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Re: Victor Nnam: Enugu Workers Move Against Resigned Lands Commissioner by Senatorbng(m): 6:06am On Nov 02, 2021
All I read is trial, no mention of the man's crime. If they revoked your land title unjustly why not go to court instead of reporting to security agencies. What are they investigating? You want to paint him black because he didn't play ball with you guys

4 Likes

Re: Victor Nnam: Enugu Workers Move Against Resigned Lands Commissioner by Tomahawk99(m): 6:07am On Nov 02, 2021
These ones are doing the bidding of their paymasters.
Civil servants na dem dey show politicians how to steal money for ministry.

8 Likes

Re: Victor Nnam: Enugu Workers Move Against Resigned Lands Commissioner by Temptee101(m): 6:09am On Nov 02, 2021
We have been saying it, that criminal ex-commissioner must be prosecuted and jailed.

He fraudulently revoked people's land and sold to his friends and family members for peanuts while selling the same at exorbitant prices to the public.

He sold 3 plots of land worth over #80m to his younger brother for #13.5m around railway corporation.

That guy is a thief and must not go scot free.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Nnam: Enugu Workers Move Against Resigned Lands Commissioner by ybalogs(m): 6:09am On Nov 02, 2021
Thought he was a Saint nah. Said he resigned cos a member of his team was unlawfully dismissed.
Re: Victor Nnam: Enugu Workers Move Against Resigned Lands Commissioner by ybalogs(m): 6:11am On Nov 02, 2021
After going through all this write-up I realised it is useless blaming Buhari as most of those in power are even worse off . We are actually our own worst enemy.

4 Likes

Re: Victor Nnam: Enugu Workers Move Against Resigned Lands Commissioner by ybalogs(m): 6:12am On Nov 02, 2021
Temptee101:
We have been saying it, that criminal ex-commissioner must be prosecuted and jailed.

He fraudulently revoked people's land and sold to his friends and family members for peanuts while selling the same at exorbitant prices to the public.

He sold 3 plots of lands worth over #80m to his younger brother for #13.5m around railway corporation.

That guy is a thief and must not go scot free.

Power drunk bascards .

1 Like

Re: Victor Nnam: Enugu Workers Move Against Resigned Lands Commissioner by SEGLIZ: 6:21am On Nov 02, 2021
Senatorbng:
All I read is trial, no mention of the man's crime. If they revoked your land title unjustly why not go to court instead of reporting to security agencies. What are they investigating? You want to paint him black because he didn't play ball with you guys
I doubt he didn't play ball, probably he over played the ball.

government and it's agency are the worse land grabbers ever existed. they do this all in the name of acquisition but self interest and purpose.

the site on which oopl is situated in ABK belongs to the state government but donated to obj by one of the governors. gbenga daniel hotel just opposite oopl is also government owned turned personal property when he (gbenga) was governor.

this nonsense happens all over the country but no one is checking it.
Re: Victor Nnam: Enugu Workers Move Against Resigned Lands Commissioner by Dcaliphate(m): 6:21am On Nov 02, 2021
Its 6:21am..... i don't care about another damn corrupt Nigerian politician that'll soon go scot free in this fvcking country, i just woke up to this morning wood and i need to fvccccck till my roof goes off and a bird shits on my head
Re: Victor Nnam: Enugu Workers Move Against Resigned Lands Commissioner by Thebraveman: 6:23am On Nov 02, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Victor Nnam: Enugu Workers Move Against Resigned Lands Commissioner by adeade83: 6:27am On Nov 02, 2021
Political Trade Unions.
We didn't read these reasons on any page of newspaper or social media until now. Leave that you people and government of Enugu State are playing. The governor is a land grabber. We know his record.
Re: Victor Nnam: Enugu Workers Move Against Resigned Lands Commissioner by excel101(m): 6:31am On Nov 02, 2021
It could be that he resgned to enable him decamp to the ruling party, APC, so as to evade justice.
Re: Victor Nnam: Enugu Workers Move Against Resigned Lands Commissioner by kayusely70(m): 6:40am On Nov 02, 2021
SEGLIZ:
I doubt he didn't play ball, probably he over played the ball.

government and it's agency are the worse land grabbers ever existed. they do this all in the name of acquisition but self interest and purpose.

the site on which oopl is situated in ABK belongs to the state government but donated to obj by one of the governors. gbenga daniel hotel just opposite oopl is also government owned turned personal property when he (gbenga) was governor.

this nonsense happens all over the country but no one is checking it.
How true is this allegations? I think the land of OOPL was procured by OBJ during Akinrogun Osobas tenure.
Re: Victor Nnam: Enugu Workers Move Against Resigned Lands Commissioner by ZUBY77(m): 6:46am On Nov 02, 2021
Witch hunting.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures From APC LGA Campaign For Tinubu In Odukpani, Cross River / Has Anyone Seen Luanda Skyline Lately- Cranes All Over D Place / See The Imo State Chief Who Have Ladies Exposing Their Breast Around Him (photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.