Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,443 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Demolition: Victor Nnam Disowns Marked Property In Dimond Estate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Demolition: Victor Nnam Disowns Marked Property In Dimond Estate (17992 Views)

Victor Nnam: Enugu Workers Move Against Resigned Lands Commissioner / Enugu Land Owners React To Victor Nnam's Resignation / Victor Nnam Resigns As Enugu Commissioner For Lands Over Undue Interference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Demolition: Victor Nnam Disowns Marked Property In Dimond Estate by OEPHIUS(m): 8:48pm On Nov 11, 2021
The embattled former commissioner for Lands in Enugu state, Dr. Victor Nnam, who recently resigned his appointment, has disowned a property marked for demolition by the Enugu Capital Territory Development Authority, ECTDA.

The ECTDA had last week pasted notice for demolition of a duplex located at Diamond Estate in the coal city for none compliance to building approvals.

But Nnam in an interview with our reporter said he was not the owner of the property, stating that ascribing his name to the property would have been a mistake by the ECTDA.

Nnam said: “The property does not belong to me in the first place. The property belongs to one surveyor, but what brought about this is that they wrote the notice in my name and pasted it in a house that does not belong to me.

“A tenant living there said that when the Capital Territory came and pasted the order, he snapped it and sent it to me because the notice is there with my name and that was why he sent it to me and I told him that I don’t know anything about it.

“This is a normal Capital Territory routine but I am meant to believe that the guy has sent to them the approvals because he has all the approvals. Maybe they want to check if the building has apporoval or maybe they want to check if I am the owner of the building but I have good relationship with the Capital Territory and I know that the Chairman of Capital Territory does his job with diligence and I have advised the owner of the building to furnish him with all the payments and approvals.”

Nnam said it was because his name currently trends in Enugu state that probably brought him in contact with the property. He stressed that the property does not belong to him, insinuating that it was possible that somebody misled the agency into connecting him with the building.

Chairman of ECTDA, Dr. Josef Onoh however said that the agency is apolitical and does not engage in vindictiveness, stating that the notices were normal routine work of the agency.

Onoh said: “We are not interested in the owner or whoever. Our own is a general review, a periodic review and enforcement of development control. That people have built house and are living in them does not stop development control. We usually go back for review to ensure the house was built to standards.

“Our control measure is not only limited to that house, it’s just that some people are now trying to politicise it and cheap bloggers trying to use the opportunity to sell their blogs with misinformation to the general public.”

He added that the agency recognizes that Nnam is a former commissioner who deserves courtesy, stating that a notice does not necessarily mean outright demolition but a step towards remedying whatever lapses that a developer may have.

https://www.akelicious.net/demolition-victor-nnam-disowns-marked-property-in-dimond-estate/

1 Like

Re: Demolition: Victor Nnam Disowns Marked Property In Dimond Estate by Banmeallday: 9:05pm On Nov 11, 2021
See as he is fresh......He needs to support referendum

3 Likes

Re: Demolition: Victor Nnam Disowns Marked Property In Dimond Estate by pixeldensity: 9:27pm On Nov 11, 2021
grin grin grin No one would want to associate themselves with marked buildings for demolition in this trying times

2 Likes

Re: Demolition: Victor Nnam Disowns Marked Property In Dimond Estate by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 11, 2021
Re: Demolition: Victor Nnam Disowns Marked Property In Dimond Estate by temitope27(m): 9:28pm On Nov 11, 2021
See this one, so u think u can deceive us

Oga na u get am

4 Likes

Re: Demolition: Victor Nnam Disowns Marked Property In Dimond Estate by radiorebel(m): 9:28pm On Nov 11, 2021
So we should seat on our heads
Re: Demolition: Victor Nnam Disowns Marked Property In Dimond Estate by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 11, 2021
Commitional for fresh
Re: Demolition: Victor Nnam Disowns Marked Property In Dimond Estate by tommykiwi(m): 9:28pm On Nov 11, 2021
Something is fishy in this matter.
Re: Demolition: Victor Nnam Disowns Marked Property In Dimond Estate by iLoveYouToo(m): 9:29pm On Nov 11, 2021
Make dem free this guy abeg
Re: Demolition: Victor Nnam Disowns Marked Property In Dimond Estate by jericco1(m): 9:29pm On Nov 11, 2021
Lol
Re: Demolition: Victor Nnam Disowns Marked Property In Dimond Estate by EverBlazingy2k(m): 9:29pm On Nov 11, 2021
Noted
Re: Demolition: Victor Nnam Disowns Marked Property In Dimond Estate by auntynameh: 9:30pm On Nov 11, 2021
cool wahalaa
Re: Demolition: Victor Nnam Disowns Marked Property In Dimond Estate by Kingibiza(m): 9:30pm On Nov 11, 2021
What where you guys expecting him to do? Accept it?
Re: Demolition: Victor Nnam Disowns Marked Property In Dimond Estate by Bedtec: 9:30pm On Nov 11, 2021
Death to all buhari supporters

1 Like

Re: Demolition: Victor Nnam Disowns Marked Property In Dimond Estate by BrickDevo: 9:30pm On Nov 11, 2021
Pity to those who ever believed that these political muffins have their interest in heart, pity to all of them

1 Like

Re: Demolition: Victor Nnam Disowns Marked Property In Dimond Estate by asapants: 9:32pm On Nov 11, 2021
You sure say no be him get am so, anyways make them leave the fresh nigga abeg!!!
Re: Demolition: Victor Nnam Disowns Marked Property In Dimond Estate by tradepunter: 9:32pm On Nov 11, 2021
Haha
Re: Demolition: Victor Nnam Disowns Marked Property In Dimond Estate by BarrElChapo(m): 9:33pm On Nov 11, 2021
angry
Re: Demolition: Victor Nnam Disowns Marked Property In Dimond Estate by DropsMic(m): 9:37pm On Nov 11, 2021
Col
Re: Demolition: Victor Nnam Disowns Marked Property In Dimond Estate by Numerouno94(m): 9:40pm On Nov 11, 2021
The few youths in power re really a disappointment. This guy committed alot of atrocities as a commissioner. Fraudulently seizing nd diverting of lands nd landed properties for his personal use nd for family members. I'm yet to see a youth in power who has not exhibited extreme wickedness nd high level of corruption.

2 Likes

Re: Demolition: Victor Nnam Disowns Marked Property In Dimond Estate by JavaScript90: 9:44pm On Nov 11, 2021
They are still pursuing this guy? What The governor can't still stomach is that this man looked him in the face and resigned instead of licking his toes. The man has resigned please let him be
Re: Demolition: Victor Nnam Disowns Marked Property In Dimond Estate by CrownOfClay724: 9:55pm On Nov 11, 2021
Lol

Where I have problem with these mofos is that for all those years he was in bed with them - assuming he even own the property - they didn't see anything wrong with it. Then, why now?

Same thing Udom did - or almost did - with a certain Pastor and his church in Akwa Ibom.

1 Like

Re: Demolition: Victor Nnam Disowns Marked Property In Dimond Estate by aikyg(m): 9:58pm On Nov 11, 2021
Tenant snapped and sent to you. How did the tenant get your number? Is the tenant not supposed to send to his landlord instead? More questions than answers.

6 Likes

Re: Demolition: Victor Nnam Disowns Marked Property In Dimond Estate by TalkTalkTwins(m): 10:16pm On Nov 11, 2021
Oko
Re: Demolition: Victor Nnam Disowns Marked Property In Dimond Estate by FlipModeSquade(m): 10:37pm On Nov 11, 2021
tommykiwi:
Something is fishy in this matter.
grin
Re: Demolition: Victor Nnam Disowns Marked Property In Dimond Estate by Kobicove(m): 10:41pm On Nov 11, 2021
aikyg:
Tenant snapped and sent to you. How did the tenant get your number? Is the tenant not supposed to send to his landlord instead? More questions than answers.

grin
Re: Demolition: Victor Nnam Disowns Marked Property In Dimond Estate by powalez: 10:58pm On Nov 11, 2021
I just say make I book space incase I come get something reasonable to comment, you know say some of us na locomotive brain we get
Re: Demolition: Victor Nnam Disowns Marked Property In Dimond Estate by chiedu7: 11:05pm On Nov 11, 2021
na wa
Re: Demolition: Victor Nnam Disowns Marked Property In Dimond Estate by jaxxy(m): 11:38pm On Nov 11, 2021
The funny part was when he said the house belongs to one surveyor like that bt tenants in the house are communicating with him and not even with the said surveyor. undecided
Re: Demolition: Victor Nnam Disowns Marked Property In Dimond Estate by EagleNest(m): 12:26am On Nov 12, 2021
No smoke without fire. Kind of damage control fork him to say it wasn't his house. Is it the tenant's house then? Or the tenant doesn't know the landlord again?
Re: Demolition: Victor Nnam Disowns Marked Property In Dimond Estate by ugotaya: 12:38am On Nov 12, 2021
This Is One Of The Main Reasons Buildings Collapsing In Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3iT6RUPHu8

(1) (2) (Reply)

Al Mustapha Freed / PENGASSAN Insists On Strike / Boy Dies As Halliru Jika, Lawmaker Throws Money In Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.