Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,137 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

Ikoyi Building Collapse: Police Prevented Us From Rescuing People - Eyewitness - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikoyi Building Collapse: Police Prevented Us From Rescuing People - Eyewitness (27790 Views)

Igboho, Wife Look Pale In Cotonou Court – Eyewitness / How The Hausa/Yoruba Clash In Shasha Market, Ibadan Started - Eyewitness (Video) / Why Jonathan Stops Us From Rescuing Chibok Girls – David Cameron (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Police Prevented Us From Rescuing People - Eyewitness by Gkemz: 10:54am On Nov 02, 2021
Police presence was to prevent looters who are ready to loot even from a trapped occupant.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Police Prevented Us From Rescuing People - Eyewitness by nick50(m): 11:23am On Nov 02, 2021
Who on earth employed the services of this sophisticated moronic afonja engineer to build such edifice?? D mumu thought he is in oshogbo to construct one brown roof hut, the dead body should be seized n his family members will be made to pay for the for the disaster he caused..ndi ara!!!
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Police Prevented Us From Rescuing People - Eyewitness by Ssoil(f): 11:28am On Nov 02, 2021
Cognitivereason:
You don't know what ur saying.. Just shut up..

Such gross ignorance
Come are you mad? how dare you mention me with such insolence Will you face your front!
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Police Prevented Us From Rescuing People - Eyewitness by SarkinYarki: 11:44am On Nov 02, 2021
SensualMan1:
I knew it. This building collapse wasn't ordinary. It was part of November sacrifice of the yoruba man. Imagine yoruba police preventing hausa Okada riders from rescuing trapped yoruba men and women? Ritualists in high places. These yoruba people should be banished from Lagos, always causing hovoc here and there.

Cc Oduduwa707, wiifesnatcher

So the owner also sacrificed his life ? Makes no sense

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Police Prevented Us From Rescuing People - Eyewitness by BARITUAKA: 11:45am On Nov 02, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

Our engineers ehnnnn...

Nothing way them sabi
..electrical engineers na im even worse
How do mean our Electrical engineers naim worse pass?
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Police Prevented Us From Rescuing People - Eyewitness by Wiifesnatcher(m): 11:54am On Nov 02, 2021
SarkinYarki:

So the owner also sacrificed his life ? Makes no sense

help us to educate this cow SensualMan1, I hope he's not really Igbo with this is dumbness
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Police Prevented Us From Rescuing People - Eyewitness by Bamzyriches451: 12:16pm On Nov 02, 2021
The world is coming to an end
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Police Prevented Us From Rescuing People - Eyewitness by christistruth01: 12:28pm On Nov 02, 2021
slimthugchimee2:
Is like ignorance is fully embedded in the DNA of Nigerians, a building collapse the whole area is very volatile with people trapped under rubbles, any wrong footing can crush the people under and one idiot wants to carry crowd and go there, Any untrained person there will definetly make matters worse for the people trapped under the rocks.

Nawa

Anywhere in the world the first thing the police do is to seal of the area and wait for rescue teams to do their work.

Infact I even commend the police for what they did, I am even surprise cause such professionalism is not something you see from Nigerian police

Kudos to them

The building will be unstable and a Crowd could create more Casualty

During. the World Trade Centre Collapse Only Professionals were allowed to rescue on the Site the Police prevented evveryone else

Rescuers have a machine that detects Heartbeat or breathing in the Rubble and they gently use Cranes and digging Machines to dig the Person out. removing pieces of. The building one at a time
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Police Prevented Us From Rescuing People - Eyewitness by Zainabthegirl1(f): 12:31pm On Nov 02, 2021
Why
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Police Prevented Us From Rescuing People - Eyewitness by naijaman2225(m): 1:05pm On Nov 02, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

Our engineers ehnnnn...

Nothing way them sabi
..electrical engineers na im even worse
NOT THE FAULT OF NIGERIAN ENGINEERS. THE NIGERIAN TECHNICAL CONSULTANTS WITHDRAW LAST YEAR WHEN THEIR INPUT WAS NOT BEING ADHERED TO . DUDE WENT TO BRING FREELANCE ITALO ENGINEERS TO CUT CORNERS.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Police Prevented Us From Rescuing People - Eyewitness by Cognitivereason: 1:55pm On Nov 02, 2021
I dared because ur comment was just too stupid for me to keep scrolling...

Am sure u grew up in one prehistoric village and have never set foot in any modern city in ur life DAT y u made such statement...
Imagine saying Nigeria shouldnt have more than 10 floors..so only the US should
R smarter than engineers who built the tallest tower in the world in Dubai on sand right?..
Or those who built an airport on the sea in Japan..how about the dangote refinery built on partially reclaimed land... Or eco Atlantic that is literally sand but the second tallest building in Africa with 33 floors is standing solid
Just don't comment about what u have absolutely no idea about...stick to the romance section
Ssoil:

Come are you mad? how dare you mention me with such insolence Will you face your front!
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Police Prevented Us From Rescuing People - Eyewitness by chally100(m): 2:14pm On Nov 02, 2021
The police are right on dis... in such emergencies only trained personnel are allowed to go anywhere close, you don't just dive in there because you feel the impulse too... what training do u have on emergency response? how do u gv a first aid when you meet a trapped living body? Nigerians are always good at acting b4 thinking
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Police Prevented Us From Rescuing People - Eyewitness by Rajosh(m): 3:41pm On Nov 02, 2021
slimthugchimee2:
Is like ignorance is fully embedded in the DNA of Nigerians, a building collapse the whole area is very volatile with people trapped under rubbles, any wrong footing can crush the people under and one idiot wants to carry crowd and go there, Any untrained person there will definetly make matters worse for the people trapped under the rocks.

Nawa

Anywhere in the world the first thing the police do is to seal of the area and wait for rescue teams to do their work.

Infact I even commend the police for what they did, I am even surprise cause such professionalism is not something you see from Nigerian police

Kudos to them
You're right. The police did the right thing. Even in almighty USA, the police will not allow the crowd in that area. I'm surprised people are insulting the police

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Police Prevented Us From Rescuing People - Eyewitness by Ssoil(f): 4:49pm On Nov 02, 2021
Cognitivereason:
I dared because ur comment was just too stupid for me to keep scrolling...

Am sure u grew up in one prehistoric village and have never set foot in any modern city in ur life DAT y u made such statement...
Imagine saying Nigeria shouldnt have more than 10 floors..so only the US should
R smarter than engineers who built the tallest tower in the world in Dubai on sand right?..
Or those who built an airport on the sea in Japan..how about the dangote refinery built on partially reclaimed land... Or eco Atlantic that is literally sand but the second tallest building in Africa with 33 floors is standing solid
Just don't comment about what u have absolutely no idea about...stick to the romance section
Bro don’t ever come to my mention spilling gutters cos next time you fit chop undiluted insult. Be warned
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Police Prevented Us From Rescuing People - Eyewitness by Cognitivereason: 4:54pm On Nov 02, 2021
Ssoil:

Bro don’t ever come to my mention spilling gutters cos next time you fit chop undiluted insult. Be warned
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Police Prevented Us From Rescuing People - Eyewitness by Ssoil(f): 5:11pm On Nov 02, 2021
Cognitivereason:
Be warned don't ever spill nonsense out of ignorance...
Stick to romance section...U little pussy

Goat
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Police Prevented Us From Rescuing People - Eyewitness by COMPAQ(m): 8:49pm On Nov 02, 2021
Timoleon:
As much as it’s a painful situation, I believe it’s normal protocol anywhere in the world for police to take charge of such locations and allow licensed emergency personnels to work. Sometimes more disasters happen during rescue operations. It’s good that they wanted to help but the police had to do what they did imo.

Are you minding those castigating police here.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Police Prevented Us From Rescuing People - Eyewitness by Cognitivereason: 10:05pm On Nov 02, 2021
Akwuna
Ssoil:

Goat
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Police Prevented Us From Rescuing People - Eyewitness by PROPEACE: 6:23pm On Nov 07, 2021
slimthugchimee2:

Nawa

Kudos to them

Oga, this is Nigeria not "anywhere in the world"! That one person they rescued would've died without their intervention. How long did it take before the rescue team arrived?
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Police Prevented Us From Rescuing People - Eyewitness by slimthugchimee2(m): 6:38pm On Nov 07, 2021
PROPEACE:

Oga, this is Nigeria not "anywhere in the world"! That one person they rescued would've died without their intervention. How long did it take before the rescue team arrived?

Also they might have caused the death of more without knowing it, including puting themselves in danger

Don't be defending nonsense, there is a reason that there are professionals for every work.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Police Prevented Us From Rescuing People - Eyewitness by PROPEACE: 6:53pm On Nov 07, 2021
slimthugchimee2:

Also they might have caused the death of more without knowing it, including puting themselves in danger

Don't be defending nonsense, there is a reason that there are professionals for every work.

It is funny how you are talking about professionalism in a country where the rescue team arrived hours after a disaster. Many people have been rescued from burning houses by neighbours and not the fire service department who are almost useless. If the building regulatory agencies in Lagos had any semblance of professionalism in them, the disaster wouldn't have happened to start with. Professionalism indeed!
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Police Prevented Us From Rescuing People - Eyewitness by slimthugchimee2(m): 7:29pm On Nov 07, 2021
PROPEACE:

It is funny how you are talking about professionalism in a country where the rescue team arrived hours after a disaster. Many people have been rescued from burning houses by neighbours and not the fire service department who are almost useless. If the building regulatory agencies in Lagos had any semblance of professionalism in them, the disaster wouldn't have happened to start with. Professionalism indeed!

Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bucknor–Akerele: Why Tinubu Is Always Having Problems With His Associates / Dokubo Seeks Permission To Battle Niger Coup Leaders / Buhari Receives President Mahamadou Issoufou Of Niger Republic In Daura (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.