Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,738 members, 7,809,828 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

Tordue Salem: Gbajabiamila Asks Security Agencies To Find Missing Reporter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tordue Salem: Gbajabiamila Asks Security Agencies To Find Missing Reporter (8173 Views)

Tinubu Asks Security Agencies To Caution Obi Over Inciting Comments / Tordue Salem: Omo-Agege Tells Security Agencies To Unmask The Real Killers / Tordue Salem: Man Confesses To Killing Vanguard Reporter In Hit-and-run Incident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tordue Salem: Gbajabiamila Asks Security Agencies To Find Missing Reporter by Freestyl(m): 10:06am On Nov 02, 2021
Gbaja asks security agencies to find missing Vanguard reporter

Femi Gbajabiamila, speaker of the house of representatives, has asked security agencies to ensure the safe return of Tordue Salem, a reporter with Vanguard newspaper.

Salem, a house of representatives correspondent, was declared missing after he was last seen on October 13.

Last week, members of the Nigerian Union of Journalists (NUJ) took to the streets in Abuja to call on the authorities to ensure his safe return.

Speaking on Monday, Gbajabiamila asked security operatives to intensify efforts in locating the missing journalist.

“I do know that the Vanguard correspondent in the house of representatives, Tordue Salem, who has been missing for some weeks now is still yet to be found,” he said.

“I have been in contact with that leadership of the press corps and the authority that is doing this investigation since this matter came to light.

“I want to encourage security agencies not to relent in their effort to locate Tordue and bring him back to the house. I see the press corps as part of the institution and anything that torches one, torches the rest of us.”

Gbajabiamila said the work of journalists goes a long way to “shape the perception of the house of representatives and correct any misconception in the public sphere”.

“You have a critical role in rephrasing the narrative of the public about the house of representatives and in giving direction to the legislature and in propelling policies of the government. That is why those of you who practice in the institution is referred to as the fourth estate of the realm,” he said.

“The house of representatives and indeed the national assembly, like every legislature in the world is perhaps the most misunderstood institution. Some of the misunderstandings are unintentional.

“Some of the misunderstandings is sometimes political. Unfortunately, some of the misunderstanding

“It falls therefore on members of this committee to begin to educate the public to change the narrative because sometimes, we are not aware or are ignorant of unforeseen consequences of what will happen when a small committee or an institution like the national assembly is understood or misjudged.

“It has the potential of snowballing or having a larger and more dangerous effect on our democracy. That is why we look at the committee from the prism of your work which is strategic to the survival of democracy.”
Source: https://www.thecable.ng/gbaja-asks-security-agencies-to-find-missing-vanguard-reporter

2 Likes

Re: Tordue Salem: Gbajabiamila Asks Security Agencies To Find Missing Reporter by Freestyl(m): 10:08am On Nov 02, 2021
We pray for his safe return back home. Amen

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tordue Salem: Gbajabiamila Asks Security Agencies To Find Missing Reporter by Gunboysavage(m): 12:52pm On Nov 02, 2021
Oppps mehhn!
For this 9ja grin
I hope they find him alive

3 Likes

Re: Tordue Salem: Gbajabiamila Asks Security Agencies To Find Missing Reporter by harmargedon: 12:53pm On Nov 02, 2021
Missing for weeks!! angry angryInsecurity at it's peak.

1 Like

Re: Tordue Salem: Gbajabiamila Asks Security Agencies To Find Missing Reporter by Boogyman557: 12:53pm On Nov 02, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool WTF MAN
Re: Tordue Salem: Gbajabiamila Asks Security Agencies To Find Missing Reporter by Mandela89(f): 12:54pm On Nov 02, 2021
Which security men is he talking about when more than half of the security agencies are now attach to politician's

4 Likes

Re: Tordue Salem: Gbajabiamila Asks Security Agencies To Find Missing Reporter by xpressionx(m): 12:55pm On Nov 02, 2021
ok
Re: Tordue Salem: Gbajabiamila Asks Security Agencies To Find Missing Reporter by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 02, 2021
Why do I have a feeling the reporter was kidnapped by one of the DSS or the Nigerian Army?

I would have added SARS to the mix if they were fully operational but they are not.

(I added "fully" because SARS is still operational but works lowkey, are not officially called SARS, and are only interested in separating people from their money these days instead of going after criminals, which they did on a part-time basis before.)

Gbajabiamila would have done justice a lot of good by asking the Nigerian Army and DSS to check their cells in case they mistakenly picked the journalist up.

But let's wait for the next few days. Things are about to become interesting.

2 Likes

Re: Tordue Salem: Gbajabiamila Asks Security Agencies To Find Missing Reporter by Passionate888: 12:55pm On Nov 02, 2021
Check DSS dungeons or other security agency's cell

4 Likes

Re: Tordue Salem: Gbajabiamila Asks Security Agencies To Find Missing Reporter by Omniman(m): 12:55pm On Nov 02, 2021
embarassed
Re: Tordue Salem: Gbajabiamila Asks Security Agencies To Find Missing Reporter by Ego2(f): 12:55pm On Nov 02, 2021
Re: Tordue Salem: Gbajabiamila Asks Security Agencies To Find Missing Reporter by Mylordmygod1: 12:55pm On Nov 02, 2021
I'm about to locate him with prophecy now.. Just need ten believer in the house to say amen..

2 Likes

Re: Tordue Salem: Gbajabiamila Asks Security Agencies To Find Missing Reporter by Toluwanise247(m): 12:57pm On Nov 02, 2021
Kuku tell your guys to bring him out from where they keep him.......

2 Likes

Re: Tordue Salem: Gbajabiamila Asks Security Agencies To Find Missing Reporter by ignis: 12:57pm On Nov 02, 2021
Buhari will soon miss.

1 Like

Re: Tordue Salem: Gbajabiamila Asks Security Agencies To Find Missing Reporter by Dja1(m): 12:57pm On Nov 02, 2021
This country ain’t damn like this before APC takeover the power, Yet unfortunate idiots people still cue under sun to vote in the brain dead old man for second time smh chaiiiiiz. There was a nation called Nigeria in 2015 RIP
Re: Tordue Salem: Gbajabiamila Asks Security Agencies To Find Missing Reporter by futurevizi(m): 12:57pm On Nov 02, 2021
Nice..

This one na just propaganda

; cheesy grin

Meanwhile
You can make money online without indulging in scam

join my FREELANCER community TV
Let's show how to..
I am giving this away

Just click on the link on my bio.

Holla

Re: Tordue Salem: Gbajabiamila Asks Security Agencies To Find Missing Reporter by Tomahawk99(m): 1:00pm On Nov 02, 2021
Tordue must be found. Nice dude, was my mate in year 1 at Unijos.
DSS & the Police are the usual suspects.

1 Like

Re: Tordue Salem: Gbajabiamila Asks Security Agencies To Find Missing Reporter by IamWonderful: 1:01pm On Nov 02, 2021
Re: Tordue Salem: Gbajabiamila Asks Security Agencies To Find Missing Reporter by lesbiconverter: 1:02pm On Nov 02, 2021
Hope is not Suya yet.

Another Jamal Khashoggi
Re: Tordue Salem: Gbajabiamila Asks Security Agencies To Find Missing Reporter by easyfem(m): 1:03pm On Nov 02, 2021
this country nawa oooooo
Re: Tordue Salem: Gbajabiamila Asks Security Agencies To Find Missing Reporter by Wiifesnatcher(m): 1:51pm On Nov 02, 2021
securities Agencies? how many kidnapped securities officials had been rescued by these securities Agencies?
Re: Tordue Salem: Gbajabiamila Asks Security Agencies To Find Missing Reporter by lalax(m): 2:13pm On Nov 02, 2021
Na people wey carry am dey find am.... Dis is naija.
Re: Tordue Salem: Gbajabiamila Asks Security Agencies To Find Missing Reporter by Tzar(m): 2:26pm On Nov 02, 2021
All these noise is of no effect from a rubber stamp. What will you do if the police refuses to do their job? Query the police chief or buhari?
I pray for the safe return of the journalist. Everyone is on their own in that God forsaken country!
Re: Tordue Salem: Gbajabiamila Asks Security Agencies To Find Missing Reporter by Flower1198: 2:33pm On Nov 02, 2021
They should send 10Million to my account and give me 48hrs I will locate him even if he is in the moon or under the earth... I will locate him.. Bunch of amateurs just collecting free money
Re: Tordue Salem: Gbajabiamila Asks Security Agencies To Find Missing Reporter by Jamiubond009(m): 2:35pm On Nov 02, 2021
Tomahawk99:
Tordue must be found. Nice dude, was my mate in year 1 at Unijos.
DSS & the Police are the usual suspects.
he was my secondary school classmate

1 Like

Re: Tordue Salem: Gbajabiamila Asks Security Agencies To Find Missing Reporter by sapientia(m): 2:57pm On Nov 02, 2021
This is how they would have asked them to find Justice Odili
Re: Tordue Salem: Gbajabiamila Asks Security Agencies To Find Missing Reporter by AKWATGOLD1(m): 3:38pm On Nov 02, 2021
MHR Speaker did not try at all when press has been shouting for over 2 weeks about sudden disappearance of Vanguard journalist in NASS.

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Buhari Receives Letters Of Credence From The Ambassador Of Switzerland / Lagos-Anambra Crisis Ben Akabueze Sacked / List Of Igbo Governors In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.