Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,012 members, 7,838,536 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

My Visit To Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum In Ghana Pics & Video - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Visit To Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum In Ghana Pics & Video (26042 Views)

Lockdown: My Visit To Street Market In Greece (photos) / My Visit To Willow Wood: Hotel Allegedly Owned By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri / My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Visit To Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum In Ghana Pics & Video by alawiiyeyoruba1: 4:40pm On Nov 02, 2021
This is beautiful

REASONS TO LEARN HOW TO SPEAK YORUBA LANGUAGE
With increasing exposure of Africa’s arts, culture and Norms through our music and movies, Yoruba Language has been gaining a lot of popularity, many foreigners and natives who reside abroad are interested in learning how to speak and understand the Yoruba language, also, lovers of arts and tourism will benefit hugely in knowing how to speak and understand Yoruba language, here are some major reasons why you may want to learn how to speak Yoruba.
1. To connect: Yoruba language has been described to have an estimation of about 50 million speakers, hence................ read more on https://alawiiyeyoruba.com/reasons-to-learn-how-to-speak-yoruba-language/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum In Ghana Pics & Video by anambraamaka: 4:42pm On Nov 02, 2021
Nice one
Re: My Visit To Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum In Ghana Pics & Video by Bamzyriches451: 4:44pm On Nov 02, 2021
Beautiful country
Re: My Visit To Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum In Ghana Pics & Video by Bomaye7(m): 4:47pm On Nov 02, 2021
Beautiful
Re: My Visit To Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum In Ghana Pics & Video by humilitypays(m): 4:47pm On Nov 02, 2021
This is how Buhari could have written his name in the sands of Nigerian history for good, but wickedness, nepotism, foolishness, lifelessness, unbridled corruption, greed and clanishness couldn't allow him.

Buhari you will forever be remembered as the first terrorist who deceived majority of his countrymen to foolishly vote him as President that then empowered terrorists from his tribe
Re: My Visit To Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum In Ghana Pics & Video by Gobengroup(m): 4:54pm On Nov 02, 2021
TheEnygma:
Who else has noticed that similarities between him and Azikiwe are just too much.

-Both come from West African countries.
-Both were born in the early 1900's
-Both fought and struggled hard to liberate their countries' from the British.
-Both became the leaders of their respective countries.
- Both got removed from power by coup.

I could go on and on.
Except Awolowo not being a president, he has more similarities with Awo. Awo too was born in 1909.
Re: My Visit To Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum In Ghana Pics & Video by orijo1980: 4:58pm On Nov 02, 2021
These are idols not museum

I was in Ghana and I visited some beautiful places in Ghana. One of the places is the Kwame Nkruma park.

Kwame Nkrumah is the first prime minister of Ghana and also the first president of Ghana. Kwame was one of the pioneers of African Union. He was born on 21st September 1909,
In 1966, he was overthrown through a coup when he went for a conference abroad. Immediately he heard about the coup. He didn't come back to Ghana. He then went into exile in Guinea, when the president of Guinea granted him asylum and made him a co president in Guinea. He never came back to Ghana till he died. He died in Guinea and they gave him a presidential burial. His remains was in Guinea for a long time till his mother asked for his remains to be brought back to Ghana.

Kwame died on 27th April 1972. Kwame Nkrumah was an activist, a politician, a revolutionary leader and a democrat. He led the call for Ghana independence from Britain. He was among the heroes who fought for independence.
No wonder Ghana was the first country in Africa to gain independence. Sadly his tenure ended in a sad note. He was overthrown through coup.

It is built on 5.3 acres of green land which is about 32 plots of land. The park also boasts of a museum, mausoleum and sculptures. It is surrounded by a beautiful landscape. During the colonial era, Ghanaians were prohibited from entering. This is the reason Kwame chose the location as a venue where he announce Ghanaian independence.

watch Video here -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRNn3lq1q3c
Attractions At the Park
Museum
Statues
Garden

Read More: https://www.travelwaka.com/the-kwame-nkrumah-mausoleum-and-memorial-park-ghana/[/quote]
Re: My Visit To Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum In Ghana Pics & Video by Truthteller2020: 5:00pm On Nov 02, 2021
travelwaka:
Lalasticlala Ghana is really a beautiful place
Where is beautiful in Ghana?

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum In Ghana Pics & Video by hardbody: 5:02pm On Nov 02, 2021
travelwaka:
The cost of Visiting the Park / Entry Fee
You can get tickets at the entrance of the park. The ticket varies in cost.

For Non-Ghanaian
Adult 10.00
Teenagers 5.00 GHC
Children 2.00 GHC

Ghanaian
Adult 3.00 GHC
Teenagers 2.00 GHC
Children 1.00 GHC

Use of Camera /Video
Ghanaian
Photos 30.GHC
Videos 40 GHC

Non-Ghanain
Camera (photos) 50 GHC
Video 90 GHC

Car Park 3.00 GHC
Musical Video 1,000 GHC
Product Advertisement 2,000 GHC

I recall going to this place the last time i was in Ghana (among other places of interest including the Kakum park and Elmina Castle) but I don't recall paying to go in. Or maybe I did.

I did not find the place very interesting i daresay. I had some boys come and quickly craft a handband for me and etched my name on it, that was the only memorabilia i remember bringing out of that place.

Elmina castle held more memories for me.
Re: My Visit To Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum In Ghana Pics & Video by Judybash93(m): 5:06pm On Nov 02, 2021
travelwaka:

LMAO!!! Nope my brother! Lived in that country for four years and visited every region. It's average at best

3 Likes

Re: My Visit To Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum In Ghana Pics & Video by johnjay4u2u(m): 5:19pm On Nov 02, 2021
Maintenance culture of Africans is so poor.
I recall when I visited back in the 90s,
It was so beautiful.
My last visit 3 years ago saw a different view.
Thank God someone thought of renovations.

Same goes to Atta Mills' graveyard.
I was happy reading that the government giving it a facelift.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum In Ghana Pics & Video by Ibkhaleel01: 5:24pm On Nov 02, 2021
humilitypays:
This is how Buhari could have written his name in the sands of Nigerian history for good, but wickedness, nepotism, foolishness, lifelessness, unbridled corruption, greed and clanishness couldn't allow him.

Buhari you will forever be remembered as the first terrorist who deceived majority of his countrymen to foolishly vote him as President that then empowered terrorists from his tribe
please stop fooling yourself! You and your type will never vote or like Buhari!

Buhari was voted by majority of Nigerians and not insignificant haters like you that can never see good

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum In Ghana Pics & Video by humilitypays(m): 5:27pm On Nov 02, 2021
Ibkhaleel01:
please stop fooling yourself! You and your type will never vote or like Buhari!

Buhari was voted by majority of Nigerians and not insignificant haters like you that can never see good
light have no relationship with darkness. I and Buhari have nothing in common for me to vote for him. He is darkness. Being President doesnt mean all is well with Buhari. He is an unfortunate terrorist.

Buhari is an unfortunate terrorist. Idi Amin of Uganda is far better than him. If I were his son, the moment he dies, I will change my name to avoid generational curses
Re: My Visit To Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum In Ghana Pics & Video by Ibkhaleel01: 5:28pm On Nov 02, 2021
humilitypays:
light have no relationship with darkness. I and Buhari have nothing in common for me to vote for him. He is darkness. Being President doesnt mean all is well with Buhari. He is an unfortunate terrorist.

Buhari is an unfortunate terrorist. Idi Amin of Uganda is far better than him. If I were his son, the moment he dies, I will change my name to avoid generational curses
Children of hate... Frustrated child!

Your people will forever remain slaves

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum In Ghana Pics & Video by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 02, 2021
Nothing special about it jor

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum In Ghana Pics & Video by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 02, 2021
And no statue for General Afrifa who overthrew him. Serves all Usurpers right.
Re: My Visit To Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum In Ghana Pics & Video by Ayo2004: 5:30pm On Nov 02, 2021
TheEnygma:
Who else has noticed that similarities between him and Azikiwe are just too much.

-Both come from West African countries.
-Both were born in the early 1900's
-Both fought and struggled hard to liberate their countries' from the British.
-Both became the leaders of their respective countries.
- Both got removed from power by coup.

I could go on and on.
Azikwe is not a nationalist in my book..

Man sold us to the North,that's why we are suffering like this
Imagine supporting one Nigeria even where there is clear distinction in each tribe and the tribes didn't even like each other
He wasn't even a leader like that
He was just a figurehead
The fulanis were in full power
Re: My Visit To Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum In Ghana Pics & Video by Ibkhaleel01: 5:30pm On Nov 02, 2021
humilitypays:

In the end,
the terrorists in the South East will tell the students & their parents that it was Buhari & his Fulani brothers that made them lose one academic year for missing the NECO exams which the IPOB/ESN terrorists themselves forced the students, teachers & examiners out of exam halls & destroyed exam materials.
And they will believe!
And their contrived hate for Buhari & Fulanis will increase for no reason other than the wickedness of their own Igbo brothers against them.
That's the tragedy in this whole shameful & thoughtless foolishness!

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum In Ghana Pics & Video by mdntiri(m): 5:39pm On Nov 02, 2021
Judybash93:

LMAO!!! Nope my brother! Lived in that country for four years and visited every region. It's average at best

Ghana's beautiful. With lake Volta (largest man-made lake by surface area), the hills along the lake, the Wli waterfalls (highest in West Africa), I've not seen any decent "vertical" waterfall in Nigeria, the numerous slave forts along the coast (the largest collection in West Africa, the biggest around), the Mole national Park in the north that offer decent West Africa type safari, the numerous beaches, Accra's sunny environment that looks good on people/buildings etc etc

What's left is to build high rises, deliberately beautify Accra/Kumasi's skyline etc
Re: My Visit To Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum In Ghana Pics & Video by Ifesinachi22(m): 5:43pm On Nov 02, 2021
travelwaka:
This is his final resting place

Who knows the final resting place of Nnamdi Azikiwe bikonu
Re: My Visit To Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum In Ghana Pics & Video by skallion7(m): 5:49pm On Nov 02, 2021
travelwaka:
Lmao
Re: My Visit To Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum In Ghana Pics & Video by Tonyferrad(m): 6:07pm On Nov 02, 2021
Ifesinachi22:

Who knows the final resting place of Nnamdi Azikiwe bikonu
He has his own Mausoleum built in his Onitsha Compound by this present federal government.
Re: My Visit To Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum In Ghana Pics & Video by lkillbrokehoes: 6:12pm On Nov 02, 2021
Cool
Re: My Visit To Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum In Ghana Pics & Video by Blaccsam101(m): 6:12pm On Nov 02, 2021
Hi nairalanders, how are you all doing?. I would like to share this information with you guys and ladies, this is a platform that pays you $10 per person you refer and you can only refer just 4 people. No capital is needed to do this than your data. You can withdraw your money into your coin wallet,PayPal etc. The amount you can withdraw is $36.
Try and give it a trial. Thanks to y'all.

https://office.unity-globalcoin.com/register/Connor123
Re: My Visit To Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum In Ghana Pics & Video by OgunkeelAllMod: 6:18pm On Nov 02, 2021
I hope to visit there one day too.. I like Ghanaian independence story better than one, whirlwind, fabricated ,idiotic misnomer blurted out by lugard olosho during an orgy undecided

I go like visit Professor Ayi Kwei Arma too cool That's one hell of a writer.. Mad respect
Re: My Visit To Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum In Ghana Pics & Video by Valuc: 6:30pm On Nov 02, 2021
Na this place spiff for Johnson family lost na wen Dem go Ghana
Re: My Visit To Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum In Ghana Pics & Video by adamsmith914: 7:06pm On Nov 02, 2021
humilitypays:

Keep quiet & keep your crocodile tears emphaty to yourself, shameless thing, why not mention all your failed leaders before Buhari, as if a peasant like you is half a quarter & deserves any better?

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum In Ghana Pics & Video by leofab(f): 7:51pm On Nov 02, 2021
osuofia2:
wink
Mtcheeee, i wish the Brit are still colonizing us(Nigeria) and all its colonies.
Our leaders are so useless except for baba Buhari. SA is one of the best Africa Country because the White left late . Those countries that the colonial master left way too early are in shamble.
which white left late in SA? There has always been white there before abs after colonization..
Re: My Visit To Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum In Ghana Pics & Video by MisterKennedy(m): 8:06pm On Nov 02, 2021
Judithjovial:
This account is a scammer, masquerading as a data vendor on Nairaland. Be careful when you come across this account details angry
Akindele olubunmi
First bank

Thanks dear
Re: My Visit To Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum In Ghana Pics & Video by DeepSight(m): 8:16pm On Nov 02, 2021
osuofia2:
wink
Mtcheeee, i wish the Brit are still colonizing us(Nigeria) and all its colonies.
Our leaders are so useless except for baba Buhari. SA is one of the best Africa Country because the White left late . Those countries that the colonial master left way too early are in shamble.

I wish I had the energy and time to respond in detail to this. Suffice to say that if you had any clue of the psychological impact of apartheid on the South African population, you would thank your stars for the privilege of being a citizen of an African country where you did not experience the sort of thing that would have stamped a permanent mark of traumatic psychological inferiority issues within your psyche and damaged you inwardly.

Nigerians in particular have a glorious and indomitable global diaspora which excels in every field of human endeavor and this is partly due to the fact that nothing within their psyche prods them to consider themselves inferior to any other human anywhere on the planet. If anything, they see themselves as top of the pack in many respects.

In SA, there are sill many upscale wealthy neighborhoods where the only black people you will see are domestic servants, waiters, cleaners and the like.

You have no idea.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Swiss-born Nigerian Faces Deportation From Switzerland / How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries / Amaechi Inspects Abuja-Kaduna Rail (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.