Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

I Own A Plot Of Land And A Capital Of 1million Naira, Can I Start Pig Rearing? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Own A Plot Of Land And A Capital Of 1million Naira, Can I Start Pig Rearing? (788 Views)

How To Start Pig Farming In Nigeria – All The Secrets You Need To Know / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. / Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Own A Plot Of Land And A Capital Of 1million Naira, Can I Start Pig Rearing? by Waytolife: 3:33pm On Nov 02, 2021
i;m currently thinking of a business recently, so i'm thinking of pig rearing/pork whole sale selling, i currently have an unfenced plot of land with a capital of 1M to start with.
my plan is to start rearing the pigs, then once they are matured enough, then kill and resell as pork meat in whole sale, i plan to get a shop at closer CBD axis and sell my pork meat over there. i don't want to depend on those supplying me for the pigs only for my sale, that's why i have to rear them myself.
if you are into pig farming or pork selling business, kindly enlighten me on what and what to do exactly, what and what do i have to put in place at the farm, how well do pigs eat, do they fall sick? how many years do pigs use to get matured for killing? do they get stolen easily? do i need to sleep or employ someone to watch them on a daily basis? those the business have prospect?

pls i'm open to any advises as regards to this business plan
Re: I Own A Plot Of Land And A Capital Of 1million Naira, Can I Start Pig Rearing? by house10s: 3:38pm On Nov 02, 2021
y pig?
Re: I Own A Plot Of Land And A Capital Of 1million Naira, Can I Start Pig Rearing? by Waytolife: 3:41pm On Nov 02, 2021
house10s:
y pig?
Last week I was searching all around to get pork meat, I only want to eat cos it’s been long I eat, I was surprise at 11am the only seller I was directed to said it’s finished for the day and I also saw lots of people complaining cos it’s finished.

The supply for pork meat is really limited in supplies, that’s why I’m going into pig farming instead.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: I Own A Plot Of Land And A Capital Of 1million Naira, Can I Start Pig Rearing? by gasparpisciotta: 4:04pm On Nov 02, 2021
Op please go ahead but secure the premises.

2 Likes

Re: I Own A Plot Of Land And A Capital Of 1million Naira, Can I Start Pig Rearing? by extol1(m): 4:06pm On Nov 02, 2021
if you are Abuja, you will sell.
Re: I Own A Plot Of Land And A Capital Of 1million Naira, Can I Start Pig Rearing? by Waytolife: 5:19pm On Nov 02, 2021
gasparpisciotta:
Op please go ahead but secure the premises.
Is fencing enough ?
Re: I Own A Plot Of Land And A Capital Of 1million Naira, Can I Start Pig Rearing? by Waytolife: 5:19pm On Nov 02, 2021
extol1:
if you are Abuja, you will sell.
No I’m in Ogun state
Re: I Own A Plot Of Land And A Capital Of 1million Naira, Can I Start Pig Rearing? by wapo: 6:39pm On Nov 02, 2021
With that amount of money,if you venture into maize farming on at least 5acreas to 7acreas of land you should be making atleast a profit of 2million per year if you have the technical known how
Re: I Own A Plot Of Land And A Capital Of 1million Naira, Can I Start Pig Rearing? by gasparpisciotta: 8:26pm On Nov 02, 2021
Waytolife:

Is fencing enough ?

I believe so
Re: I Own A Plot Of Land And A Capital Of 1million Naira, Can I Start Pig Rearing? by Kobojunkie: 2:20am On Nov 03, 2021
What about snail farming? undecided
Re: I Own A Plot Of Land And A Capital Of 1million Naira, Can I Start Pig Rearing? by Boar16(m): 7:36am On Nov 03, 2021
Which local government in ogun State
Am a also a pig farmer in ogun state, Ewekoro Local Government Area
Re: I Own A Plot Of Land And A Capital Of 1million Naira, Can I Start Pig Rearing? by Waytolife: 7:44am On Nov 03, 2021
Boar16:
Which local government in ogun State
Am a also a pig farmer in ogun state, Ewekoro Local Government Area
Abk south m

What and what do I need to know with my starting capital?
Re: I Own A Plot Of Land And A Capital Of 1million Naira, Can I Start Pig Rearing? by Boar16(m): 10:28am On Nov 03, 2021
Acquiring the knowledge of Piggery farming should be the first thing. Am sure there are pig farmers at your locality that can mentor you.

1 Like

Re: I Own A Plot Of Land And A Capital Of 1million Naira, Can I Start Pig Rearing? by dorispray: 1:28pm On Nov 03, 2021
Boar16:
Acquiring the knowledge of Piggery farming should be the first thing. Am sure there are pig farmers at your locality that can mentor you.
Very well said. The knowledge is very important for anyone who have interest to venture into the piggery line of business.
So I believe the op should take this very crucial step first before investing his capital into the business.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Young Nigerian Builds New 128 Ton Per Day Fully Integrated Rice Mill In Kano / Putting Together A 50,000 Capacity Poultry / Lagos / Ogun State Lands For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.