Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,931 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Family Of Female Corper Trapped In Collapsed Ikoyi Building Prays She Is Alive - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Family Of Female Corper Trapped In Collapsed Ikoyi Building Prays She Is Alive (29328 Views)

Nifemi, PA To Owner Of Collapsed Ikoyi Building Found Dead, Osibona Trapped / Collapsed Ikoyi Building Was Going For N2.85 Billion Per Apartment / Lagos Govt Releases Official Figures Of Persons That Died In Collapsed Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Of Female Corper Trapped In Collapsed Ikoyi Building Prays She Is Alive by Olumighty123(m): 9:37am On Nov 03, 2021
Can neighbourhood not work as an emergency rescue team aswell as their regular purpose? It saddened me seeing the rescue team go on a 3 hours break, 3 good hours cry

2 Likes

Re: Family Of Female Corper Trapped In Collapsed Ikoyi Building Prays She Is Alive by Gee64: 9:37am On Nov 03, 2021
You see what GREED can cause?
Every Nigerian Entrepreneur is greedy and ruthless. They give no regard to quality control.
Even the quality control agencies we have are corrupt.

Imagine what happened in at Oregbeni Market in Benin City recently where some traders sold red tiles cement as grounded pepper to unsuspecting buyers!

https://www.nairaland.com/6827668/still-buy-grounded-pepper-local#107292374

1 Like

Re: Family Of Female Corper Trapped In Collapsed Ikoyi Building Prays She Is Alive by jaxxy(m): 9:37am On Nov 03, 2021
Hope more people are saved,
Re: Family Of Female Corper Trapped In Collapsed Ikoyi Building Prays She Is Alive by ekineme: 9:38am On Nov 03, 2021
OnlineArchitect:
when a doctor makes a mistake just a soul is lost but when an engineer/architect makes a mistake then ten's of hundreds of souls are lost. Let's pay attention to details as proffesionals and also aviod cutting corners, more-or-so integrity pays.

Most importantly aviod quacks, they maybe cheap but at long last the damage caused by them isn't cheap..

I earnestly pray she's found alive

You people keep mixing things up, Architect Job is to draw, his mistake can also be termed a design, it's the structural guys(civil Engineers), the building tech that is responsible for the safety of the structure that their mistake can be disastrous. Except you are among those quack architect that feels they can draw, design and supervise a building which at the end,we always know the outcome.

1 Like

Re: Family Of Female Corper Trapped In Collapsed Ikoyi Building Prays She Is Alive by FlipModeSquade(m): 9:39am On Nov 03, 2021
BABANGBALI:
yes,wetin she go find there? Why you wey be applicant since 2002 no go there go carry sand?
The Site is owned by a private company..

And the construction company is a private company.

Am very that somewhere in your mind..

You should know that Corpers do serve in private companies..

But no..

It's better to blame the victim..

It is always their fault..

Heck..

Am sure it makes you sleep better at night..

1 Like

Re: Family Of Female Corper Trapped In Collapsed Ikoyi Building Prays She Is Alive by FlipModeSquade(m): 9:40am On Nov 03, 2021
IamAsiri:

So you don't know that corpers do serve with construction companies?
This should be directed to the comment I quoted..
Re: Family Of Female Corper Trapped In Collapsed Ikoyi Building Prays She Is Alive by tradepunter: 9:43am On Nov 03, 2021
ignis:
What is she doing there?

I thought it's an uncompleted building

That's my thought, wasn't the building uncompleted??

Are the casaulties squatters?

Either ways it's a sad event for family members and I pray God be with them and the victims come out alive
Re: Family Of Female Corper Trapped In Collapsed Ikoyi Building Prays She Is Alive by OnlineArchitect: 9:44am On Nov 03, 2021
clockwisereport:

This your post reminds me of Engr Dr Victor Aigbodion, my lecturer back then in School. He will always say this in class.

Exactly my brother
Re: Family Of Female Corper Trapped In Collapsed Ikoyi Building Prays She Is Alive by Olumighty123(m): 9:45am On Nov 03, 2021
BABANGBALI:
Wetin corper go find for construction site?

What if she's a civil engineer and was there for an IT? Reason bro, reason......
Re: Family Of Female Corper Trapped In Collapsed Ikoyi Building Prays She Is Alive by samwillyco1(m): 9:46am On Nov 03, 2021
Chai, but with God all things are possible because heat and hunger is all ready enough to kill them .

Government should deploy more Excavators to the site for quick removal of the lumps
Re: Family Of Female Corper Trapped In Collapsed Ikoyi Building Prays She Is Alive by Chummynoni(m): 9:50am On Nov 03, 2021
Olumighty123:

What if she's a civil engineer and was there for an IT? Reason bro, reason......
I wonder how some people reason atimes. Would he ask the same question if the victim was a guy?. Some are already positing that the lady might be getting laid in the collapsed building. No wonder nigeria is this backward, with the reasoning of most people.

1 Like

Re: Family Of Female Corper Trapped In Collapsed Ikoyi Building Prays She Is Alive by IbileIfe: 9:51am On Nov 03, 2021
I believe in my miracles!
Re: Family Of Female Corper Trapped In Collapsed Ikoyi Building Prays She Is Alive by nairabacks(f): 9:53am On Nov 03, 2021
BigDawsNet:
Female corper doing what exactly in ongoing construction at the site?
Abi she be Civil engineer ?

More investigation is needed
If it happened in the states...FBI will probably start its own investigation... They may start considering Massacre, mass murder or Spree killing

Maybe one of her big dogs took her along..
Re: Family Of Female Corper Trapped In Collapsed Ikoyi Building Prays She Is Alive by jimyjames(m): 9:57am On Nov 03, 2021
BigDawsNet:
Female corper doing what exactly in ongoing construction at the site?
Abi she be Civil engineer ?

More investigation is needed
If it happened in the states...FBI will probably start its own investigation... They may start considering Massacre, mass murder or Spree killing
Even if they investigate and find the engineer of that project guilty nothing will happen
Same thing happened few years ago, where a 6 storey building in synagogue church belonging to tb Joshua collapsed killing 117 people 84 of them South African citizens , the guest house was built 3 floors initially people were already lodging in those 3 floors after years they added 3 floors on top of the initial 3 floors causing the building to collapse, nothing has happened till date
Re: Family Of Female Corper Trapped In Collapsed Ikoyi Building Prays She Is Alive by gabicon: 9:57am On Nov 03, 2021
StagethemTVee:
The family of a female corner identified as Zainab are seen on the site of the collapsed Ikoyi Building praying she comes out alive. A young man who appears to be her brother is being told he will not become an only child. Please say a prayer for Zainab.

The Lagos state government has not done a very good job with the speed of emergency response. it has been 48 hours and people are still trapped in the building.

Government at all levels across Nigeria must place more value on the life of every Nigerian and provide facilities to reflect this value.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StwRAcUzLR0

unfortunately, chances are that there are not going to be any survivors as we cross the 48hrs mark. This is all as a result of the negligence of the government, we have been having building collapse for quite some time now and no considerable investment has gone into procuring rescue equipment, we don't have infrared scanners, no heat signature scanners, no fibrescope, snake cameras, no audio listening devices, no laser finders, no magnetic lifts. The state cant enforce building rules and they cant provide adequate emergency response, people will die as a result of double negligence.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Of Female Corper Trapped In Collapsed Ikoyi Building Prays She Is Alive by Successmind(m): 10:01am On Nov 03, 2021
Why is NEMA silent?
Re: Family Of Female Corper Trapped In Collapsed Ikoyi Building Prays She Is Alive by Alaganature09(m): 10:12am On Nov 03, 2021
ignis:
What is she doing there?

Me self Taya ooo...
Re: Family Of Female Corper Trapped In Collapsed Ikoyi Building Prays She Is Alive by Felabrity: 10:29am On Nov 03, 2021
jeff1607:

The guys voice is annoying plus he doesn’t let one really hear what’s happening in a video
they are so annoying

It's not evening the channel either

As no human being will want to subscribe
Re: Family Of Female Corper Trapped In Collapsed Ikoyi Building Prays She Is Alive by FumigateNG: 10:33am On Nov 03, 2021
ignis:
What is she doing there?

ehn you mad gan oo
Re: Family Of Female Corper Trapped In Collapsed Ikoyi Building Prays She Is Alive by seyz91(m): 10:41am On Nov 03, 2021
cheesy
FuckEveryday:
Why do Nigerian YouTubers make a fool of themselves all the time with annoying voice overs?

Some news you shouldn't even say anything instead of using a stup1d annoying accent ffs!!
Re: Family Of Female Corper Trapped In Collapsed Ikoyi Building Prays She Is Alive by SAMTOBIJU(m): 10:42am On Nov 03, 2021
engrfaruq:
What is NEMA doing with this case for goodness sake? All hands should've been put on deck for the rescue mission, but LASG was just left to its fate with only one caterpillar struggling to dig through the rubbles.
.....Alaye, NEMA as been there since, didn't you see the southwest coordinator giving report @ the site. Other construction companies have also join to help. CCECC, julius Berger and co

3 Likes

Re: Family Of Female Corper Trapped In Collapsed Ikoyi Building Prays She Is Alive by BigDawsNet: 10:44am On Nov 03, 2021
uuzba:

Doing exactly what? Working there as structural Engineer na.
Abi, Engineer cannot be on contruction site again?
-
It's a pity it happened. I've enquired from some sturtural Engineer colleagues and they've told me that whenvever a building is about to fail,
the concrete starts to crack and you will see cracks everywhere. That is the sign for you to get out of there.
Unfortunately, I'm sure this build showed cracks up and down the place.
But with the money already invested into building this structure, the contractor would have been afraid to demolish it for safety reasons and start again.
And so FOOLISHLY continued ahead to build more.
Money is not everything O. I know people spent Billion-Billion Naira buying flats in the place.
But allow that money to lost like that O.
Them no gree.
Now, the the building has fallen, sheybe their billion-billion don eventually lost?
And now with innocent lives as well.

I'm not saying an Engineer is not welcome at a construction site....

Is there any evidence to shows that the said corper is an Engineer graduate and currently posted to supervise or work under that construction...
Re: Family Of Female Corper Trapped In Collapsed Ikoyi Building Prays She Is Alive by BigDawsNet: 10:46am On Nov 03, 2021
Simran94:

Yes

The blogger should write better

We need to know she's an engineer graduate corper...
Re: Family Of Female Corper Trapped In Collapsed Ikoyi Building Prays She Is Alive by chachanga: 10:53am On Nov 03, 2021
Simran94:

She works there as a civil engineering graduate

You're nice, bothering to answer such retarded dolts. Responses on this forum shows mental health must have really plummeted to such abysmally low levels that one shouldn't expect much sense from many professing to be literate.
Re: Family Of Female Corper Trapped In Collapsed Ikoyi Building Prays She Is Alive by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 03, 2021
gabicon:

unfortunately, chances are that there are not going to be any survivors as we cross the 48hrs mark. This is all as a result of the negligence of the government, we have been having building collapse for quite some time now and no considerable investment has gone into procuring rescue equipment, we don't have infrared scanners, no heat signature scanners, no fibrescope, snake cameras, no audio listening devices, no laser finders, no magnetic lifts. The state cant enforce building rules and they cant provide adequate emergency response, people will die as a result of double negligence.

Wow!
Please, can you put up an interesting proposal, I promise you, we will get it to Sanwo-Olu together.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Family Of Female Corper Trapped In Collapsed Ikoyi Building Prays She Is Alive by BABANGBALI: 11:03am On Nov 03, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
The Site is owned by a private company..

And the construction company is a private company.

Am very that somewhere in your mind..

You should know that Corpers do serve in private companies..

But no..

It's better to blame the victim..

It is always their fault..

Heck..

Am sure it makes you sleep better at night..
yinmu. Your reason no hold water
Re: Family Of Female Corper Trapped In Collapsed Ikoyi Building Prays She Is Alive by careytommy37(m): 11:03am On Nov 03, 2021
AMAUCHESKY:
Still wondering how a police officer will put on nose mask while exchanging fire with UGM and always turned back to see if the video man is covering him well in Anambara

Re: Family Of Female Corper Trapped In Collapsed Ikoyi Building Prays She Is Alive by BABANGBALI: 11:03am On Nov 03, 2021
lexy2014:

What's wrong if a corper was on a construction site? Kindly explain let's understand where u are having problems
Yinmu. Your reason no hold water
Re: Family Of Female Corper Trapped In Collapsed Ikoyi Building Prays She Is Alive by lexy2014: 11:06am On Nov 03, 2021
BABANGBALI:
Yinmu. Your reason no hold water

I haven't given any reason. I only asked u a question. Don't u no d difference?

What's wrong if a corper was on a construction site? Kindly explain let's understand where u are having problems
Re: Family Of Female Corper Trapped In Collapsed Ikoyi Building Prays She Is Alive by BABANGBALI: 11:07am On Nov 03, 2021
lexy2014:

I haven't given any reason. I only asked u a question. Don't u no d difference?

Re: Family Of Female Corper Trapped In Collapsed Ikoyi Building Prays She Is Alive by lexy2014: 11:08am On Nov 03, 2021
BigDawsNet:

I'm not saying an Engineer is not welcome at a construction site....

Is there any evidence to shows that the said corper is an Engineer graduate and currently posted to supervise or work under that construction...

Is there any evidence that shows otherwise? Is there any reason why u feel d corper shouldn't have been at d building prior to it's collapse?
Re: Family Of Female Corper Trapped In Collapsed Ikoyi Building Prays She Is Alive by lexy2014: 11:08am On Nov 03, 2021
[quote author=BABANGBALI post=107294908][/quote]

Still doesn't answer d question:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' / Become a Landlord with N32, 500 per month for 24 months installment / Amazing Architectural Drawings And Building Plans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.