Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,533 members, 7,812,656 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

Nicolas Okoye: I Founded Transcorp, Soludo Never Took Part In Our Meetings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nicolas Okoye: I Founded Transcorp, Soludo Never Took Part In Our Meetings (19572 Views)

Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents / NAF Strikes Modu Sulum, ISWAP Chief Who Took Part In Shekau’s Killing / I Founded APC, Have Sacked Oshiomhole For Anti-party Activities - Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nicolas Okoye: I Founded Transcorp, Soludo Never Took Part In Our Meetings by DNReporters(m): 7:17am On Nov 03, 2021
SOLUDO LIED: "I Founded Transcorp, Soludo Never Took Part In Our Meetings" - Nicolas Okoye Debunks APGA Candidate's Lie

Nicolas Okoye, the co-founder of Transnational Corporation of Nigeria (Transcorp), has come out to debunk the claims by Prof Chukwuma Soludo, a former governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), that he (Soludo) was the brain behind Transcorp.

In his first appearance in the governorship debate hosted by Arise News on Monday, November 1, 2021, Soludo, who is the candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) repeated the claim that he founded Transcorp Plc.

But a video of Nicholas Okoye, a former Merrill Lynch banker, addressing the Anambra community in Lagos on Sunday, October 24, 2021 exposed Soludo as a liar.

While speaking to the audience at the meeting which held at the Southern Sun Hotel in Ikoyi, Mr Okoye revealed that Transcorp was his brainchild and he introduced the idea to former President Olusegun Obasanjo in America when the president was visiting former President Bill Clinton.

"When we were forming Transcorp, we held over ten meetings with President Obasanjo, Soludo was never in any of these meetings," Okoye shared.

"At no point did President Obasanjo ask me to meet with Soludo and work with him.

"The registration documents of Transcorp Plc have my name and signature on it. Our first deal, the purchase of Nicon Nuga Hilton Hotel , Abuja, which Val later transformed, I negotiated and signed all the documents.

"Soludo was never part of Transcorp. He was never on the board. He wasn't part of the company. I am shocked that the former CBN Governor would make such false claims just to gain a political advantage.

"I have seen the video where Soludo claimed that he recruited Val into Transcorp. That cannot be true.

"By the time Val came to Transcorp, I had long left the company. Soludo was long gone as CBN Governor, Ndidi Okereke Onyiuke who can make the claims Soludo is making was also gone.

"It is a lie, please," Okoye said.

An inspirational figure, Valentine Ozigbo is the immediate past President and Group CEO of Transcorp Plc where he led the conglomerate's businesses in oil and gas, power, hospitality, agri-business, energy, and technology. During his time at the Transcorp Group, he won multiple awards which cemented his status as a global CEO.
https://dailynewsreporters.com/soludo-lied-i-founded-transcorp-soludo-never-took-part-in-our-meetings-nicolas-okoye-debunks-apga-candidates-lie/

7 Likes

Re: Nicolas Okoye: I Founded Transcorp, Soludo Never Took Part In Our Meetings by UTILITYMAY(m): 7:20am On Nov 03, 2021
Okay no wahala; but this won't in anyway prevent Governor Charles Soludo from winning the election, because a Governor will always remain a Governor. Former or no former; Governor is a Governor. Hold on to your Transcorp and let Soludo hold to to Anambra State Government House at least for the next four years.

Meanwhile, I don't know how this thing called FTC: First To Comment is doing me in my body. As you dey see, na me dey first for line; who dey share the money, abi make I wait, make I dey expect something HOOGE!

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nicolas Okoye: I Founded Transcorp, Soludo Never Took Part In Our Meetings by nairavsdollars(f): 7:21am On Nov 03, 2021
And what's the benefit of the yeye Transcorp now?

10 Likes

Re: Nicolas Okoye: I Founded Transcorp, Soludo Never Took Part In Our Meetings by amSTARboy: 7:49am On Nov 03, 2021
Sorry Oga Nicolas... we no know you... na Soludo we know....

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nicolas Okoye: I Founded Transcorp, Soludo Never Took Part In Our Meetings by benuejosh: 8:05am On Nov 03, 2021
This one never enter the government house wey him the dream of, he don start the lie.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nicolas Okoye: I Founded Transcorp, Soludo Never Took Part In Our Meetings by festacman(m): 8:09am On Nov 03, 2021
As Chief Economic Adviser to former President Obasanjo, Prof. Soludo came up with an idea of Nigerian version of South Korean Chaebol. This was how TRANSCORP was concieved though it was eventually used as looting outlet by the same Obasanjo and his boys.

Nicholas Okoye was brought in by Dr. Ndi Okereke-Onyiuke as her front at the point of registration after the idea has crystallized.

Give some respect to the man - Prof. C.C Soludo - who single-handed wrote a persuasive economic argument that made Presidents of African countries to stop COVID-19 lockdown in order to save their mostly primary economies.

Look Nicolas, cool temper because Charly Nwamgbafor no be your mate.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nicolas Okoye: I Founded Transcorp, Soludo Never Took Part In Our Meetings by Seyi8750: 8:11am On Nov 03, 2021
Like for SOLUDO,
Share for NICOLAS

57 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Nicolas Okoye: I Founded Transcorp, Soludo Never Took Part In Our Meetings by kindnyce(m): 8:11am On Nov 03, 2021
You're bickering on an erection Inec says won't hold

1 Like

Re: Nicolas Okoye: I Founded Transcorp, Soludo Never Took Part In Our Meetings by Optimistguy1969: 8:12am On Nov 03, 2021
Politics na dirty game Sha!

Selfish self-centered idots nai full the game for naija
Re: Nicolas Okoye: I Founded Transcorp, Soludo Never Took Part In Our Meetings by BigDolph(m): 8:12am On Nov 03, 2021
Who is lying now?

Righteousness2 over to you bro? Pray over it and tell us who’s lying between the two of them

1 Like

Re: Nicolas Okoye: I Founded Transcorp, Soludo Never Took Part In Our Meetings by Authoreety: 8:12am On Nov 03, 2021
How does this concern the elections...

Abeg make Una Carry Una wahala shift joor

1 Like

Re: Nicolas Okoye: I Founded Transcorp, Soludo Never Took Part In Our Meetings by RealLordZeus(m): 8:12am On Nov 03, 2021
BigDolph:
Who is lying now?

Righteousness2 over to you bro? Pray over it and tell us who’s lying between the two of them
I don't think there is need to consult our resident pastor or bring a lie detector machine, just look for the politician among the two and Gbam! that's your answer..

Politicians and lies are like boxers and my kini....

6 Likes

Re: Nicolas Okoye: I Founded Transcorp, Soludo Never Took Part In Our Meetings by DoggoneDogg: 8:12am On Nov 03, 2021
Ewedu Afonjas trooping in to spew hate in 3, 2, 1... grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nicolas Okoye: I Founded Transcorp, Soludo Never Took Part In Our Meetings by gift01: 8:14am On Nov 03, 2021
Obasanjo errand boys...they all are

1 Like

Re: Nicolas Okoye: I Founded Transcorp, Soludo Never Took Part In Our Meetings by RealLordZeus(m): 8:14am On Nov 03, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
Ewedu Afonjas trooping in to spew hate in 3, 2, 1... grin grin
I don't think you can be redeemed, you still manage to turn this tribal
The contestants are all Easterners, The accuser and accused are both Igbos, you still managed to drag Yorubas in..

19 Likes

Re: Nicolas Okoye: I Founded Transcorp, Soludo Never Took Part In Our Meetings by jericco1(m): 8:15am On Nov 03, 2021
undecided
Re: Nicolas Okoye: I Founded Transcorp, Soludo Never Took Part In Our Meetings by Blitz888(m): 8:15am On Nov 03, 2021
I know Nicholas Okoye...

Sir, pray tell, what happened to the Transcorp shares we were coaxed into buying?

Guess it's shitty now?

4 Likes

Re: Nicolas Okoye: I Founded Transcorp, Soludo Never Took Part In Our Meetings by Boogyman557: 8:15am On Nov 03, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool WTF MAN
Re: Nicolas Okoye: I Founded Transcorp, Soludo Never Took Part In Our Meetings by Blacknote: 8:15am On Nov 03, 2021
Re: Nicolas Okoye: I Founded Transcorp, Soludo Never Took Part In Our Meetings by muykem: 8:16am On Nov 03, 2021
Their leaders are chronic liars, that's how one of them claimed to have generated billions in IGR through Ugwu leaves.

1 Like

Re: Nicolas Okoye: I Founded Transcorp, Soludo Never Took Part In Our Meetings by Lopwer: 8:16am On Nov 03, 2021

Re: Nicolas Okoye: I Founded Transcorp, Soludo Never Took Part In Our Meetings by RealLordZeus(m): 8:17am On Nov 03, 2021
festacman:
Look Nicholas Okoye the Dr. Ndy Okereke ****boy talking. As as Economic Adviser to formercPresident Obasanno, Prof. Soludo came up with an idea of Nigerian version of South Korean Chaebol. This is how TRANSCORP was concieved though it was eventually used as looting outlet by the same Obasanjo and his boys.
Let's say I lamented about high insecurity and you created a security outfit, going by your logic, I hold the patent to that outfit...

2 Likes

Re: Nicolas Okoye: I Founded Transcorp, Soludo Never Took Part In Our Meetings by IbileIfe: 8:17am On Nov 03, 2021
The Professor Lied.

Ozigbo was at the driver's seat of Transactional Corporation of Nigeria, Transcorp, a top-flight business conglomerate with an interest in agriculture, banking, hospitality among others.

Appointed President and Chief Executive officer of the Corporation in 2011, Ozigbo brought his corporate wizardry to bear on the outfit resulting in its burgeoning success.

For example, while at Transcorp, Val developed five new projects worth over $500 million including two new hotels in Lagos and Port Harcourt as well as other retail facilities that catapulted the conglomerate to a global height.

https://www.nairaland.com/6801021/ozigbo-anambras-breath-fresh-air

3 Likes

Re: Nicolas Okoye: I Founded Transcorp, Soludo Never Took Part In Our Meetings by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 03, 2021
Soludo is an empty liar.

His low interview clearly shows he has nothing to offer.

Lying before even winning, anambra about to enter one chance

4 Likes

Re: Nicolas Okoye: I Founded Transcorp, Soludo Never Took Part In Our Meetings by MumuYorubaBoy: 8:23am On Nov 03, 2021
So who Transcorp even help?
Re: Nicolas Okoye: I Founded Transcorp, Soludo Never Took Part In Our Meetings by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 03, 2021
Like Peter Obi like soludo, lying is their hobby

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nicolas Okoye: I Founded Transcorp, Soludo Never Took Part In Our Meetings by SmartPolician: 8:29am On Nov 03, 2021
muykem:
Their leaders are chronic liars, that's how one of them claimed to have generated billions in IGR through Ugwu leaves.

Ogbeni, all politicians are liars.
There are no exceptions anywhere in the world.
Re: Nicolas Okoye: I Founded Transcorp, Soludo Never Took Part In Our Meetings by maxzzo1(m): 8:29am On Nov 03, 2021
So Val is the real guy for Anambra

1 Like

Re: Nicolas Okoye: I Founded Transcorp, Soludo Never Took Part In Our Meetings by Pojaay(m): 8:30am On Nov 03, 2021
nairavsdollars:
And what's the benefit of the yeye Transcorp now?
For the hospitality part of it, it is the highest breed ground for immorality in Nigeria.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I'm Unaware Police Seized Seun Kuti's Gun Licence -lawyer / Women In The Lake Chad Engage In Prostitution To Keep Their Kids Alive - ICRC / Is There Anything We Crucified GEJ For That Has'nt Happened Under PMB?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.