Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,207 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

30 Days Memoirs :from Birth Till Now, The Life Story Of My Beautiful Wife. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 30 Days Memoirs :from Birth Till Now, The Life Story Of My Beautiful Wife. (248 Views)

Happy Birthday To Me. A Picture Collage Of My Transformation From Birth. / My Beautiful Wife Smiles All The Time; I Fear She Can Be Snatched By Another Man / Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

30 Days Memoirs :from Birth Till Now, The Life Story Of My Beautiful Wife. by uccheks(m): 12:17pm On Nov 03, 2021
Day 1
Because I can't remember all of what happened during childhood, I would be merging some years together!
This story is for the 1st 3 years of my life as far as I can remember from stories told, pictures and perceptions! Enjoy and be blessed!

My father and mother had just gotten married and God bless sed them with a beautiful baby . My father was an accountant and worked with Dantata sugar company in Kano state. My mother from Edo state, an SSCE holder was a full time housewife and was always available to take care of us. I believe this was the agreement between both of them and what seemed best at the time. So, my father provided everything for the family and we always had more than enough to spare, more than enough to give out!

I celebrated every birthday until I was 5, that also included my younger sister and we had pictures for every one of these birthdays (but I've misplaced all of mine now). Please, don't throw away your pictures like I did. I still wish I have mine now. I still remember my first birthday, beautiful curly hair, cute smile just like Udo's, big rectangular cake��

We traveled every Christmas period to my father's hometown, maybe not every December but most Decembers when I was a child (I never visited my mother's place while I was a child).
We traveled from kano in our car and my father drove all the way. We slept in hotels when it was night and ate in restaurants when we've exhausted our food from home cause twas like  2 days journey. One time, we took a train to complete our journey...there was a working railway station in isuikwato that time.
One thing my parents did everytime we traveled was to carry all kinds of gifts to his hometown, cash gifts, food items, clothes, etc and everyone was just so happy to see us. Everyone also wanted to associate with us then, my father was a generous man! He gave at every slightest opportunity he had and because of his kindness, doors have literally opened and still opens to us, his children where we least expected. Everyone who knew him always had this to say about him!
I know people who didn't know me before, called to send some kind of help because they knew my father. Not just relatives, even non relatives. If you have the opportunity to ever be kind, please be.... Or to show kindness, please show! You will be sowing good seeds for the future, for your children! That one act of kindness will go a long way.

My younger sister was born when I was 2 years and there was a picture my mother took on the day of her delivery. She(my mum) looked very sad with swollen eyes. Why she had that kind of face on a day like that, I didn't know but I was soon going to find out.

At around 3 years, I started nursery school. My mother was always at home so she always checked my books when I got home. She was my home teacher for she would continue from wherever my class teacher had stopped. One reason I never failed in school was my mother. She taught and taught and taught. So my academics were excellent! She also didn't hesitate to flog me when I wasn't not getting what she's teaching, omoh!... I chop cane tire!��
My point is, she had our time to an extent. We didn't get home and mummy wasn't home or our meals not ready or looked unkept. There was a mother who had the time to do these things. Anna Quindlen once said, "when in doubt, choose the kids. There would always be plenty of time to work."

I was also quite popular in school then cause my father always took packets of sugar to the teachers in my school. Oh! How they loved me and my sister too when she also started school. Oh! How men love you when you always have something to offer them. �
In all, kindness in whatever form melts even the hardest of hearts.

I will continue tomorrow. Remain blessed!
Udo✌️
Re: 30 Days Memoirs :from Birth Till Now, The Life Story Of My Beautiful Wife. by uccheks(m): 12:19pm On Nov 03, 2021
Day 2: (4 and 5 years)
Some of the things that happened around these ages especially the notable ones stucked to my memory! So, I think children begin to form their memories better and also get a hold of things very well at around 4 and 5 years. Take for instance, it was around this time I first tasted beer. I was with my father and some of his guests drinking that night and he offered me a sip in my mouth. As soon as it touched the tip of my tongue, I couldn't believe it! "How can sth people drink be so bitter yet these people drank it with pleasure?", that was the question that ran through my innocent mind and I hated beer from that day onwards. Even till today, I can't take beer, I just cannot! �

We attended a white garment church when I was a child (it wasn't cherubim and seraphim ooo) �. It was a church from my father's hometown, and they had a branch close to our house in Kano. Every Sunday then, we will all dress in white, tie our scarves and wear our shoes to church only to take them off (our shoes) on getting to the door of the building. Only my parents religiously wore these whites. We, the children most times rocked our beautiful dresses and hats to church but we all took off our shoes.
One day during the week, my mother dressed us up and took us to church for a weekly program I guess. As soon as we got to church, my father showed up (from work) blasting his car horn for my mother to bring us out so we can all go home but my mom wouldn't move. She kept giving him signs that we only just got here. After so many back and forth, he came into the church and we all left for home. As we entered his car, I can remember my father kept yelling and speaking angry words and my mum only kept justifying her actions maybe.
They continued this as we got home and into the bedroom and closed the door behind them (with us outside of course). Then it turned into a hot argument, they kept shouting and yelling at each other. Next I heard were loud bangs, and a soft cry which inventualy turned into a loud one. Then I remembered, "this have happened before between them. The loud bangs and cries, I've heard it before. It's happened before." I decided to investigate what was actually happening.
I tiptoed towards the door leaving my younger sister behind in the living room, then I opened the door slightly without my parents even knowing and what I saw stucked in my memory till today. Behold! My father, the one I held in high esteem and loved so dearly beating up his wife. As soon as I saw this, I quickly closed the door and walked away.
Then I sat down confused. Why was daddy doing that? My mother was in pains, she was crying. Why was he still beating her despite? I just could not figure out these questions in my mind but I was pained. I was pained for my mum, as a child I could feel her pain and I wished I could go in there and plead on her behalf. Confused as to why my dad inflicted such pain on her. I loved my dad then, he never flogged us, his children and to the best of my knowledge was always there for us. So I just couldn't believe it when I saw him do that to his wife.
Before you marry anyone, please be sure the person can control his anger amongst other things. This also goes out to the men but especially we women. Marriage is a lifelong affair and if you make the mistake of marrying the wrong person, you will leave with it for the rest of your life.

When we went to the village around this age, we had one of my father's relatives come visit us. They always came to our village house though so they would take their share of what 'Uncle Emma' brought for them. I sat on a chair in the parlor where I played with cousin A(he's very much older than I am) and as we played he began to put his hand in my panties. I didn't understand what he was doing but I didn't really know what to do. To the best of my knowledge, I removed his hand everytime he tried and he just laughed and put his hand again. I knew sth wasn't right, so I stood up and walked away. I never told my mother, I didn't know how to tell her (you would find out why tomorrow). In my small head, I just thought but he's my brother. Is he supposed to be doing that?
Parents reading this please as much as you can please keep your young children away from the opposite gender that are just entering the puberty age. Their bodies and minds are going through a lot and they are trying to explore. Even some relatives these days are not in order! There's a lot of evil in the world. I've seen a  case of a househelp sleeping with the young child and she initiated him into her marine kingdom eventually. People are evil, try as much as you can to be there physically and emotionally for your children. I will repeat Anne Quindlen's quote again, "When in doubt, choose your children. There would always be time to work." Pray for and over your children. Develop a relationship with your children from their young age (we will talk about this very well tomorrow).

I hope you have a lovely day ahead! God bless you again!
Udo✌️
Re: 30 Days Memoirs :from Birth Till Now, The Life Story Of My Beautiful Wife. by uccheks(m): 12:22pm On Nov 03, 2021
Day 3: 6 years.
It really has been fulfilling sharing this part of me for the past 2 days. I am convinced Christ wants me to do this, He's indeed going to set lives and destinies free through this!

As I write today, I remember where God picked me up from and I can't help but sing � "I'm the one, that you have shown mercy".

By this time, I was in primary 1 already in ECWA primary school. I had a friend then, Chizoba. At that age, I was happy to have someone outside the house whom I could talk to and play with. At least, someone that found me good enough to be their friend. But one day, I got to school and Chizoba would not even talk to me, I also discovered she had gotten a new friend�‍♀️�.
I was confused, angry and intimidated. I didn't know that I could walk up to my friend and ask her. I felt worthless as a child! This was a friend I struggled to make and now, somebody else had snatched her. I even hated her new friend too.
I think the reason I felt this way was that I was having a self esteem problem. But why would a 6 year old be having such serious emotional issue you may ask? Just read on, you will soon find out.

Meanwhile, parents should find time to
speak with their children. It's important to develop a relationship with your children from when they are at home with you. Talk to them. Ask them about school, how it went, their new friends, teachers, etc. When you begin on time to talk with your children, you make them feel at ease with you as they grow. See what Theodor Reik, a psychoanalyst said, "Romance fails us so do friendships, but the relationship of parent and child remains indelible and indestructible, the strongest relationship on earth." Be both physically and emotionally present for your children. We should also learn in this part of the world to verbalize "I love you." Which parent doesn't love their child? Biko, learn to say I love you to your child, it shouldn't just be in actions alone.

There was this Monday afternoon, my father got us home from school as usual and my mother served a delicious meal of semovita and egusi soup (Edo women make the tastiest egusi soup, argue with your keyboard �) . I would never forget that meal. It was served hot that hot afternoon and every bite was too tasty �, I hadn't even realized I was eating sth that hot.
After having that sumptuous lunch, my father went back to work and my mother began going through our notes (this was a normal routine everytime we got back from school).
As she went through mine, she found that I had failed my mathematics class work that day, like I scored 0/6��. Omoh,...this woman took her cane and flogged the hell out of me. After all she's taught me?? I still failed?. She not only flogged me she used very harsh, angry words. Aargh!! That day I cried ehn. I just finished eating a sumptuous meal and then cane followed. What kind of combination is this?, I thought. Is this how pleasant and unpleasant things can be at the same time?
Now, this wasn't the only time I was flogged for failing. In fact, I was most times flogged or scolded whenever I failed.
Now, I totally agree...there's a place for flogging a child, even the Bible says "spare not the rod..." I'm sure my mother meant well for me, she only didn't know that sometimes you flog, other times in fact, most times you don't. You don't need to flog or yell at a child each time he or she does wrong. It's best not to do anything or say anything when you are angry.

This was the reason I was struggling with my self esteem. I was constantly told those who fail will continue to fail and remain failures. I wasn't allowed to make mistakes. I was expected  to act and think like an adult from when I was a child. So I struggled. Struggled not to fail, struggled to be perfect, struggled not to make mistakes. This eventually made me critical and too serious with life. I didn't laugh much, I didn't play much, I didn't even have friends again after Chizoba. It was going to be my books and I, just to please mother.
Peggy O'Mara said and I quote, "The way we talk to our children becomes their our inner voice.
Col 4:6 "let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how you ought to answer every man."

Until tomorrow. God bless you. Udo✌�

(1) (Reply)

A Quick Guide To Selecting A New Mattress / Let Couples Learn How To Trust Each Other / This Will Change Your Mindset About Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.