Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,534 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) (37187 Views)

2 Undergraduates Of Ambrose Alli University Killed In Edo Cult Clash (Photos) / Python Chases Students Of Novena University, Ogume, Delta State / Ogume Grammar School Delta Shuts Down, Female Student Murdered In Cult Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by Traplord09: 2:56pm On Nov 03, 2021
What is de name of de school..
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by CUMIN: 2:59pm On Nov 03, 2021
You burn an ICT facility that could have minted our Zuckerberg, don't worry we are waiting for you to come over to Lagos traffic to sell gala.

3 Likes

Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by jericco1(m): 3:02pm On Nov 03, 2021
ivolt:

All these kids.
Cult groups predates even your great great grandfather.
Read some history!

Sense no dey your head

We are not talking about religious cult group
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by Nobody: 3:02pm On Nov 03, 2021
Am I missing something or is it that some nairaland users are just dunces?!

Even when the article clearly states that the destruction and looting was carried out by an irate mob after the death of a female student who unfortunately drowned, see nairalanders up there still yanning dust about cultism.

Is it that most of you just cannot read or what?

4 Likes

Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by Antoeni(m): 3:02pm On Nov 03, 2021
If You Think You Are Having a Bad Day , Please Cheer Up.
This Man Just Won His Fight. Just Imagine The Loser

Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 03, 2021
CUMIN:
You burn an ICT facility that could have minted our Zuckerberg, don't worry we are waiting for you to come over to Lagos traffic to sell gala.

So whoever doesn't end up like Zuckerberg automatically becomes a gala hawker in Lagos abi?

With this kind of reasoning, it's obvious you had no ICT facility or training or even common sense while in school.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by Drone95(m): 3:06pm On Nov 03, 2021
this one serious o but anyway I see the damaged structures been renovated soon.
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by Jamesz12: 3:08pm On Nov 03, 2021
Graduates full the state na, Every household get graduate for Delta State my dear state, so why should they respect copers. I did my nysc in the north and I was highly respected expecialy with the role I played in the community thats because graduates are scares there and they see us as demi gods, But my Delta no get ur time o. Dem no send you message, infact coper never baff
SamuelAnyawu:
Delta state no dey respect corpers as visitors.

My brother hear am while serving in Ughelli lipsrsealed
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by Jamesz12: 3:11pm On Nov 03, 2021
Bros the thing weak me o.
As I read the comments I tire for my Nairalannders
Buddha3:
Am I missing something or is it that some nairaland users are just dunces?!

Even when the article clearly states that the destruction and looting was carried out by an irate mob after the death of a female student who unfortunately drowned, see nairalanders up there still yanning dust about cultism.

Is it that most of you just cannot read or what?

1 Like

Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by EverBlazingy2k(m): 3:12pm On Nov 03, 2021
Burning ICT Centre is that the best thing doing?

Many schools are praying for.

They could have kill the male student who fought his staff.

Destruction is the order of the day in Nigeria.
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by b3llo(m): 3:14pm On Nov 03, 2021
What do idiots gain from cultism?
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by Mom007(f): 3:14pm On Nov 03, 2021
Most Nigerians don't deserve good things. What does looting and burning valuable infrastructure have to do with the students death? I am disappointed honestly.

1 Like

Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by BluntTheApostle(m): 3:15pm On Nov 03, 2021
jericco1:
Don't know the rationale behind cult activities

Hope Wole Soyinka is aware of the carnage he brought into this country

Hope you know Christianity and Islam are cults too?

Soyinka and the other Magnificent Seven founded a confraternity for charitable purposes. Other confraternities were formed as the years went by, but they were all non-violent.

It was not until the 1980s and 1990s under Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida that cults became what they are today. To supress student protests, the military government of IBB armed confraternities and used them to suppress student protests. Since then, the cults have remained violent, except of course the Association of the Seadogs which Wole Soyinka and the other Magnificent Seven founded.
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:19pm On Nov 03, 2021
Jamesz12:
Graduates full the state na, Every household get graduate for Delta State my dear state, so why should they respect copers. I did my nysc in the north and I was highly respected expecialy with the role I played in the community thats because graduates are scares there and they see us as demi gods, But my Delta no get ur time o. Dem no send you message, infact coper never baff

Not that way bro. The villages do not protect corpers is what i mean.

I am from southeast
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by airsaylongcome: 3:22pm On Nov 03, 2021
Who no fear Ukuwani people I fear that person. I remember suffering a similar experience in Egbelubi-Ndashi Etche LG in Rivers. Not quite a cult attack but the locals somehow saw Corp members as haughty and didn't hesitate to attack our run down lodge when one of us "march line". It was a helluva Tuesday. Thank God that "Pal" (the name we fondly called the Principal of the Junior Secondary) was on hand to smuggle the Corp member to PH via bush paths. They blocked the main road leading in and out of the village searching every bike and car for the corper
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by airsaylongcome: 3:23pm On Nov 03, 2021
Jamesz12:

Which is very sad. Na Warri all of us grow and need to be welcoming
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by kingthreat(m): 3:28pm On Nov 03, 2021
The students burn the school. At the end, they expect government to budget another money to build the school and buy equipment there?
They are the architects of bad governance.

1 Like

Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by dragon2(m): 3:29pm On Nov 03, 2021
Leaders of tomorrow.tsk tsk tsk.
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 03, 2021
englishmart:
I was in a bar with friends after football training, a few minutes later everywhere was chaotic. Some guys were chasing a guy, they were shouting ", get that man down"
I think cultism in lagos is hawked like plantain chips. I think obalende isn't just the headquarters of prostitution and cultism, sodomy exists here blatantly.

Lagos is not for all. Shine your eyes.
Where in obalende?

To the post, they should have release the name of the good Samaritan to the public
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 03, 2021
kingthreat:
The students burn the school. At the end, they expect government to budget another money to build the school and buy equipment there?
They are the architects of bad governance.
The students didn't burn the school
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by naijamerican: 3:34pm On Nov 03, 2021
Nigerians are too animalistic
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by xpool(m): 3:41pm On Nov 03, 2021
Siggynigeria:
Update from

Read Previous Thread : https://www.nairaland.com/6814053/ogume-grammar-school-delta-shuts#106939678

Recall that Siggy reported weeks ago that Ogume Grammar school was attacked by cultists leading to the death of a female student and properties worth millons of naira were destroyed. This incident also led to the immediate closure of the school by the state government.

Weeks later, we were contacted by an NYSC corper who claimed to be serving in the said school. Identified himself as Olawale, he iterated that the story broadcasted wasn't the exact way it happened.

During a whatsapp chat with Olawale, he explained in detailed how the clash began and also shared photos and videos of the incident.

He said, "I and my other colleagues serving in Ogume Grammar school, Ndokwa west local government, Delta State Nigeria were attacked by angry mobs and they stole all our properties and burnt many.

"We were lucky to be rescued from the mobs by two indigene friends that we usually watch football matches together. Thanks to them whom made us escape through a bushy river of about 25 minutes journey to a good samaritan's house called Mr Anani who sheltered us for a while.

"This terrible incident happened as a result of the death of a female student. How it started was that a male student was fighting a staff in the school premises. Members of vigilante group arrested him and took him to the police station.

"As the vigilante group were returning to the school after the arrest, students in the school sighted them and became scared so they started to run helter skelter. It was in the course of running that this girl and her friends ran into a river to hide but one of them drowned and diedd.

"Her dead body was taken to the school premises by an angry mob and they started attacking the staffs and destroying school properties.

"They burnt down the ICT containing 45 computers with 24hr solar systems. The principal car was burnt down and she was attacked too. A staff motorcycle was burnt.

"Our properties were all looted. Even ordinary maggi was not spared.
"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65vUW2HT-2A

He stated that he and his fellow corp members are stranded and pleads with the federal government to come to their aid as all they have has been looted away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEHqqdjMU5Y

https:///ogume-secondary-school-clash-stranded-nysc-corper-recounts-sad-experience/
Your story is too cosmetic and they are disjointed, all for blogging.

You said you were rescued and you escaped through bushy shallow water on foot for 25 minutes.
And you had time to take pictures and video

1 Like

Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by Tess24: 3:43pm On Nov 03, 2021
COdeGenesis:
Corper make una talk the true story

What do you want them to say?..
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by Edusouls(m): 3:44pm On Nov 03, 2021
Black man is a creature with a black heart, destruction, disorder, poverty, backwardness, and lack of development are all the characteristics of our black heart, black colour is truly a cursed colour
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by sapientia(m): 3:46pm On Nov 03, 2021
You brought vigilante to handle the case of a secondary school boy fighting a staff

The school management should be sued for the girl's death

1 Like

Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by englishmart(m): 3:47pm On Nov 03, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Where in obalende?

To the post, they should have release the name of the good Samaritan to the public
That was my first time in obalende but you know where they load falomo bus in Obalebde, where young, old and beautiful girls litter themselves waiting for short time customer that will give them at least 1k. ?

1 Like

Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by Segzy19: 3:54pm On Nov 03, 2021
Mummy's boy sighted ..... What do you know
jericco1:
Don't know the rationale behind cult activities

Hope Wole Soyinka is aware of the carnage he brought into this country
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by ivolt: 3:54pm On Nov 03, 2021
jericco1:

Sense no dey your head

We are not talking about religious cult group
Again, you are mixing things up.

Every type of cult group today predates your great great grandfathers.

These violent cult group being discussed here have elements of spirituality and worship
in their initiation and operations.

Even confraternities in secular western university also include religious practises.

Cult groups being religious is the norm.

2 Likes

Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by Basudua28405: 4:11pm On Nov 03, 2021
Are you living in Nigeria and looking to work remotely? Whether you're a high school or university graduate, we want you!

The Knowledge Trust Graduate Programme is made to introduce curious minds to the work environment while helping you develop into the leader you are.

Join a young, remote team and grow while working across different departments of our movement.

You can apply here: https://knowledgetrust.org/the-knowledge-trust-graduate-programme/?ref=427403

Please forward this message on to reach more youth.
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by Ghostmode2two(m): 4:22pm On Nov 03, 2021
OP the corpwe don't have to be amazed about how wicked and evil minded these cultists are. After all she went to university before being a corper.. I remember when in UNIBEN and was staying at Ekosodin. It was a normal thing.
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 03, 2021
COdeGenesis:
Corper make una talk the true story
iam trying all I can to believ his story but my mind is telling me all his stories are fallacy
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by freshalien: 4:48pm On Nov 03, 2021
BornorBang:
May God help them.

We Nigerians deserve every ounce of the suffering, hardship and lack of development we get because we are the cause of our problems.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

State Of Eric Moore Junior High School In Surulere, Lagos In 2017 / Top 100 Best Secondary Schools In Nigeria / Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.