Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,603 members, 7,812,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) (37150 Views)

Python Chases Students Of Novena University, Ogume, Delta State / Ogume Grammar School Delta Shuts Down, Female Student Murdered In Cult Clash / SS2 Student Kills SS3 Student During Cult Clash In Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by Dicksonpal: 5:22pm On Nov 03, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

Hope you know Christianity and Islam are cults too?

Soyinka and the other Magnificent Seven founded a confraternity for charitable purposes. Other confraternities were formed as the years went by, but they were all non-violent.

It was not until the 1980s and 1990s under Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida that cults became what they are today. To supress student protests, the military government of IBB armed confraternities and used them to suppress student protests. Since then, the cults have remained violent, except of course the Association of the Seadogs which Wole Soyinka and the other Magnificent Seven founded.

you are a wise man.... � are u sure, your not a yllap
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by Benrosaria(m): 5:24pm On Nov 03, 2021
Siggynigeria:
Update from

Read Previous Thread : https://www.nairaland.com/6814053/ogume-grammar-school-delta-shuts#106939678

Recall that Siggy reported weeks ago that Ogume Grammar school � was attacked by cultists leading to the death of a female student and properties worth millons of naira were destroyed. This incident also led to the immediate closure of the school by the state government.

Weeks later, we were contacted by an NYSC corper who claimed to be serving in the said school. Identified himself as Olawale, he iterated that the story broadcasted wasn't the exact way it happened.

During a whatsapp chat with Olawale, he explained in detailed how the clash began and also shared photos and videos of the incident.

He said, "I and my other colleagues serving in Ogume Grammar school, Ndokwa west local government, Delta State Nigeria were attacked by angry mobs and they stole all our properties and burnt many.

"We were lucky to be rescued from the mobs by two indigene friends that we usually watch football matches together. Thanks to them whom made us escape through a bushy river of about 25 minutes journey to a good samaritan's house called Mr Anani who sheltered us for a while.

"This terrible incident happened as a result of the death of a female student. How it started was that a male student was fighting a staff in the school premises. Members of vigilante group arrested him and took him to the police station.

"As the vigilante group were returning to the school after the arrest, students in the school sighted them and became scared so they started to run helter skelter. It was in the course of running that this girl and her friends ran into a river to hide but one of them drowned and diedd.

"Her dead body was taken to the school premises by an angry mob and they started attacking the staffs and destroying school properties.

"They burnt down the ICT containing 45 computers with 24hr solar systems. The principal car was burnt down and she was attacked too. A staff motorcycle was burnt.

"Our properties were all looted. Even ordinary maggi was not spared.
"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65vUW2HT-2A

He stated that he and his fellow corp members are stranded and pleads with the federal government to come to their aid as all they have has been looted away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEHqqdjMU5Y

https:///ogume-secondary-school-clash-stranded-nysc-corper-recounts-sad-experience/

The corpers story is still a lie,

Next,

Anyone with the truth
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 03, 2021
Edusouls:
Black man is a creature with a black heart, destruction, disorder, poverty, backwardness, and lack of development are all the characteristics of our black heart, black colour is truly a cursed colour

You are deceiving yourself
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by bewla(m): 5:40pm On Nov 03, 2021
BornorBang:
May God help them.
This na our usual story God will help them will God jump down from heaven no he will do for us what is impossible not what we can donate to help them

Let's start some where no matter how little
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by B11la2b: 5:40pm On Nov 03, 2021
Anaerobi:
Y burning d ict?

Y d destruction?

Y wanting to kill?

Boko in disguise.

What if the deceased was ur sister or even family member.. would u have spit this sh!t out of ur mouth.?
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by ANON333: 5:49pm On Nov 03, 2021
Community people burnt down a public school - tomorrow they'd say the govt or whoever erected that school has done nothing for them. No brain.
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by CUMIN: 5:54pm On Nov 03, 2021
Buddha3:

So whoever doesn't end up like Zuckerberg automatically becomes a gala hawker in Lagos abi?

With this kind of reasoning, it's obvious you had no ICT facility or training or even common sense while in school.

The world is fast changing if you don't Have ICT skill. It would be hard to fit in.
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by 3ple9ine(m): 5:59pm On Nov 03, 2021
why did they born the ICT room na
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:34pm On Nov 03, 2021
Dicksonpal:
you are a wise man.... � are u sure, your not a yllap

What is yllap?

1 Like

Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by Anaerobi(m): 7:42pm On Nov 03, 2021
B11la2b:

What if the deceased was ur sister or even family member.. would u have spit this sh!t out of ur mouth.?

U can read, but your understanding is completely different.

1 Like

Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by sodique20(m): 8:12pm On Nov 03, 2021
What a sad experience..
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by peter0071(m): 10:33pm On Nov 03, 2021
what made you think the corpers are lying? so they burnt the hostel themselves and are pushing the blames on the kids?
COdeGenesis:
Corper make una talk the true story

1 Like

Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by Debrah223: 10:40pm On Nov 03, 2021
Hopeba:
iam trying all I can to believ his story but my mind is telling me all his stories are fallacy

Funniest part is that you all love to hear lies
Someone just shared a story of his experience where he’s serving and some people think he’s lying. Someone victimized by an angry mob in the community he’s serving and you said you can’t believe it?
Why would he want to lie? What’s his gain if he lies? That’s why Nigeria isn’t a safe place because you all refuse to lend your voice and you feel everyone is lying. If you were at the scene you wouldn’t have uttered what you said. You see this thing is turn by turn. Someone was victimized by ogume people, you don’t know what might happen to you and people won’t believe you. Funniest part is that they’re rebuilding the school and forgetting about the victimized people. They’re thinking of reopening the school soon and you’re here saying nonsense
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by Debrah223: 10:55pm On Nov 03, 2021
I really want to learn how to reply posts but unfortunately, I can’t
Someone said something that he went through, he shared a story of what he passed through, and people were saying he’s lying. It might not be him next time, it could be you or someone close to him. The matter is getting ignored, the community is rebuilding the school and thinking of reopening soon. The principal of the school being an elderly woman was seriously beaten and was transferred from Kwale general hospital to Asaba hospital. In the course of running and trying to escape, a lady stepped on snake’s tail but the snake didn’t bite her miraculously. If one of the corpers had died, is this the comment we would be seeing? That it’s all a lie? It could happen to anyone o. Funniest part, nysc reposted all the corpers without doing anything about the case yet. Though we heard they are in it but they got reposted soon.
People from the other community had guts to threaten the corpers there that they would do same thing to them if they aren’t cooperating. And yet some people said it’s a lie
What if one of the victims died, is this what you’ll say? They corpers became homeless with no properties. They turned the corper’s lodge to shopping home for themselves

They said it was cultist that attacked, hell no
The community are trying their best to cover up the crime and save their village name and also save their sons that were involved in the crime. People in the community did the work and the people there knows them but are scare to point at them cos they’re threatened not to do so

So please for those doubting, I wouldn’t pray for you to witness such

2 Likes

Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by Nobody: 4:43am On Nov 04, 2021
[size=8pt][/size]
Debrah223:

Funniest part is that you all love to hear lies
Someone just shared a story of his experience where he’s serving and some people think he’s lying. Someone victimized by an angry mob in the community he’s serving and you said you can’t believe it?
Why would he want to lie? What’s his gain if he lies? That’s why Nigeria isn’t a safe place because you all refuse to lend your voice and you feel everyone is lying. If you were at the scene you wouldn’t have uttered what you said. You see this thing is turn by turn. Someone was victimized by ogume people, you don’t know what might happen to you and people won’t believe you. Funniest part is that they’re rebuilding the school and forgetting about the victimized people. They’re thinking of reopening the school soon and you’re here saying nonsense
people like you are easily deceived.. Can't you think deep? How do you expect a girl to be knocked down by a car because she's running. Is the school located close to an highway? See I can't argue with you. Like I said earlier. The op is not sayin the truth
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by Debrah223: 8:50am On Nov 04, 2021
Hopeba:
[size=8pt][/size]people like you are easily deceived.. Can't you think deep? How do you expect a girl to be knocked down by a car because she's running. Is the school located close to an highway? See I can't argue with you. Like I said earlier. The op is not sayin the truth

Did you read the story at all? I doubt if you did
She wasn’t knocked down by vehicle, she ran from vigilante and got drown.
You don’t know how the scene of the incident looks like, so don’t say what you don’t know.
And mind you, reason she ran away from the vigilnte is because in that village, they aren’t disciplined and aren’t afraid of both teachers and police especially students in that school so both the teachers and parents agreed that vigilantes would handle over stubborn students. As the students sighted the vigilante, they got really afraid and were running to hide. In the process of running to hide, the lady ran into the river cos the river looks like bus. The river sef is covered by plants so you can’t know easily that it’s a river.
I even learnt from the school pta chairman that the girl wasn’t in school before a student started fighting with the teacher, she heard about the fight and ran down to school.

So uncle, I’m not telling you to believe but don’t confuse other people. It’s not making sense. We’re talking about life and death experience and you’re saying something else
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by Debrah223: 9:01am On Nov 04, 2021
B11la2b:

What if deceased was what? Did you read the story at all or you were jumping? If you were at the scene you wouldn’t utter what you just said.
I’ll take this your comment as maybe you don’t have something to say and you decided to write anything
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by Debrah223: 9:02am On Nov 04, 2021
Traplord09:
What is de name of de school..

Ogume grammar school, ogbe-ogume, ndokwa west, delta state
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by Debrah223: 9:07am On Nov 04, 2021
Benrosaria:

The corpers story is still a lie,

Next,

Anyone with the truth

What truth do you wanna hear?
The story is a lie? So he lied for what?
What do you think is his reason for lying?
The villagers covered up the truth and lied that it was cultist and you’re saying the corper lied
So you prefer the villagers story

Many parents that their children was involved went to meet the cdc chairman. The cdc chairman said he lied so he wouldn’t be attacked cos they burnt down the vigilante head house
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 04, 2021
Debrah223:

Did you read the story at all? I doubt if you did
She wasn’t knocked down by vehicle, she ran from vigilante and got drown.
You don’t know how the scene of the incident looks like, so don’t say what you don’t know.
And mind you, reason she ran away from the vigilnte is because in that village, they aren’t disciplined and aren’t afraid of both teachers and police especially students in that school so both the teachers and parents agreed that vigilantes would handle over stubborn students. As the students sighted the vigilante, they got really afraid and were running to hide. In the process of running to hide, the lady ran into the river cos the river looks like bus. The river sef is covered by plants so you can’t know easily that it’s a river.
I even learnt from the school pta chairman that the girl wasn’t in school before a student started fighting with the teacher, she heard about the fight and ran down to school.

So uncle, I’m not telling you to believe but don’t confuse other people. It’s not making sense. We’re talking about life and death experience and you’re saying something else
so judging by what you just narrated, how would a sane youth try to kill or harm the corps members? Guy there is more to this story. Let me tell you something now,, even cultists don't harm innocent souls
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by Dicksonpal: 10:41am On Nov 04, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

What is yllap?
never mind smiley
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by Debrah223: 11:22am On Nov 04, 2021
Hopeba:
so judging by what you just narrated, how would a sane youth try to kill or harm the corps members? Guy there is more to this story. Let me tell you something now,, even cultists don't harm innocent souls

I’m a lady not a guy that’s number 1, if you actually read my comment or the post well, it’s the community members not cultist. Education isn’t valued in that community.
Assuming they got hold of Corp members that day or the Corp members aren’t rescued, something bad would have happened. Reason I’m so pissed by your comment is that I’m also a victim of the incident. I was the lady that stepped on snake’s tail while running for her life. The corper’s lodge was actually in the school and that added to the reason they came for corpers. I was there when the incident happened so you telling me it’s not real is so annoying. I don’t wanna talk to you with anger.

And did I hear you say sane youth? People wey don smoke igbo already. Indeed any sane youth wouldn’t do that but the way we describe them, do they seem like sane youth to you?
You can hold up to the lies you wanna believe
We’ve stated the fact and it’s up to you to believe or not.
But I don’t pray you find yourself in such situation.
Imagine me going through what I’ve always watched in movie. Despite the fact that I’m home back, I’m still sick and you’re saying what I don’t know.
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 04, 2021
Debrah223:

I’m a lady not a guy that’s number 1, if you actually read my comment or the post well, it’s the community members not cultist. Education isn’t valued in that community.
Assuming they got hold of Corp members that day or the Corp members aren’t rescued, something bad would have happened. Reason I’m so pissed by your comment is that I’m also a victim of the incident. I was the lady that stepped on snake’s tail while running for her life. The corper’s lodge was actually in the school and that added to the reason they came for corpers. I was there when the incident happened so you telling me it’s not real is so annoying. I don’t wanna talk to you with anger.

And did I hear you say sane youth? People wey don smoke igbo already. Indeed any sane youth wouldn’t do that but the way we describe them, do they seem like sane youth to you?
You can hold up to the lies you wanna believe
We’ve stated the fact and it’s up to you to believe or not.
But I don’t pray you find yourself in such situation.
Imagine me going through what I’ve always watched in movie. Despite the fact that I’m home back, I’m still sick and you’re saying what I don’t know.
sorry for everything, but don't get me wrong I was just trying to know how authentic the scenero posted was.. Really sorry but it a bad one. Hope u recuperating well
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by Benrosaria(m): 12:21pm On Nov 04, 2021
Debrah223:

What truth do you wanna hear?
The story is a lie? So he lied for what?
What do you think is his reason for lying?
The villagers covered up the truth and lied that it was cultist and you’re saying the corper lied
So you prefer the villagers story

Many parents that their children was involved went to meet the cdc chairman. The cdc chairman said he lied so he wouldn’t be attacked cos they burnt down the vigilante head house

No arguements big man. I was just stating what I observed
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by Debrah223: 12:29pm On Nov 04, 2021
Hopeba:
sorry for everything, but don't get me wrong I was just trying to know how authentic the scenero posted was.. Really sorry but it a bad one. Hope u recuperating well
No problem
At least I’m getting better
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by Debrah223: 12:30pm On Nov 04, 2021
Benrosaria:

No arguements big man. I was just stating what I observed

I’m a lady not a man
What did you observe? That the story isn’t true?.
You’re free to believe the lies you want to believe
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by Benrosaria(m): 2:53pm On Nov 04, 2021
Debrah223:

I’m a lady not a man
What did you observe? That the story isn’t true?.
You’re free to believe the lies you want to believe

I am sorry to have wrongly addressed you. I had to fit me into the story just before “one died”. If really they didn’t know how to swim why hide beside a river close to the school. The school been there for ages same with the river and who the Bleep builds a school by the river bank, if it don’t sugggest that education is evil, reason ignorance is bliss. And why did the students scamper after seeing the vigilantes boys a second time, no gun shots no screams, and they all ran away, where was the security or principal or something. The story from the villagers obviously don’t stand a truth neither is it a lie.

The stories don’t just add up.

Blacks are the killer gods amongst gods
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by Debrah223: 3:40pm On Nov 04, 2021
Benrosaria:

I am sorry to have wrongly addressed you. I had to fit me into the story just before “one died”. If really they didn’t know how to swim why hide beside a river close to the school. The school been there for ages same with the river and who the Bleep builds a school by the river bank, if it don’t sugggest that education is evil, reason ignorance is bliss. And why did the students scamper after seeing the vigilantes boys a second time, no gun shots no screams, and they all ran away, where was the security or principal or something. The story from the villagers obviously don’t stand a truth neither is it a lie.

The stories don’t just add up.

Blacks are the killer gods amongst gods

Okay, let me explain this
Thursday’s are meant for sport wears not school uniforms. So the stubborn ss3 students were sent home for wearing school uniform and not sport wear. The lady that died wasn’t sent home cos she was a jss1 student and she just got school uniform, she hasn’t gotten sport wear. she wasn’t even there during the time they were sending them home. They were sent out of the school predisposes where one of the stubborn ss3 students fought with the teacher that sent them home. And in that school, it was agreed by both parents and teachers that vigilantes would handle any stubborn student cos those children aren’t disciplined right from home. The dead student heard about the teacher’s fight and the student’s fight and she ran to watch. When she and her friends sighted the vigilante, they ran to hide. There wasn’t any gun shot or any scream. She ran cos she knows the vigilante would discipline her for not being in school during class hour.

That day, we were supposed to have cds meeting in my ppa and we didn’t inform the principal and I wanted to inform the principal that was how I witnessed the scene from the beginning. In short, I didn’t understand what was going on cos they were speaking in their dialect and I didn’t understand but I knew and understood the whole situation without being told. I didn’t even know the matter would escalate. Until they brought the girl’s corpse to school. The remaining corpers weren’t aware of the whole situation that led to the issue . I was the one that explained to them when those people came into our lodge.

After this my long explanation bro, if you still don’t understand or maybe believe, you’re on your own o
Cos I’ve tried my best to explain what seems confusing to you and I’m wondering why you’re confused when the post is well explanatory
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by Benrosaria(m): 4:47pm On Nov 04, 2021
Debrah223:

Okay, let me explain this
Thursday’s are meant for sport wears not school uniforms. So the stubborn ss3 students were sent home for wearing school uniform and not sport wear. The lady that died wasn’t sent home cos she was a jss1 student and she just got school uniform, she hasn’t gotten sport wear. she wasn’t even there during the time they were sending them home. They were sent out of the school predisposes where one of the stubborn ss3 students fought with the teacher that sent them home. And in that school, it was agreed by both parents and teachers that vigilantes would handle any stubborn student cos those children aren’t disciplined right from home. The dead student heard about the teacher’s fight and the student’s fight and she ran to watch. When she and her friends sighted the vigilante, they ran to hide. There wasn’t any gun shot or any scream. She ran cos she knows the vigilante would discipline her for not being in school during class hour.

That day, we were supposed to have cds meeting in my ppa and we didn’t inform the principal and I wanted to inform the principal that was how I witnessed the scene from the beginning. In short, I didn’t understand what was going on cos they were speaking in their dialect and I didn’t understand but I knew and understood the whole situation without being told. I didn’t even know the matter would escalate. Until they brought the girl’s corpse to school. The remaining corpers weren’t aware of the whole situation that led to the issue . I was the one that explained to them when those people came into our lodge.

After this my long explanation bro, if you still don’t understand or maybe believe, you’re on your own o
Cos I’ve tried my best to explain what seems confusing to you and I’m wondering why you’re confused when the post is well explanatory

My applauds- taking out time to write this down. Am sorry you had to witness this, I am just an advocate for love and hoping blacks turn off the page of theirs. Glad you pulling through this times, keep breathing.
Re: Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) by sodique20(m): 9:16pm On Nov 04, 2021
We got posted to another PPA after some days. Nigeria government only care about properties and money.
That scenario made me realize that if you die serving Nigeria "Iku e sara"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

56-Year-Old Ghana Woman Celebrates Her Graduation From Junior Secondary School / A Student Shot During Protest In FUNAAB Today (Photos) / The Polytechnic Ibadan Admission List Out 1st Batch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.