Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,081 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. (1248 Views)

Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' / Thank God Say Man No Be God.. Wetin Man Eye For See Hin Mouth For No Fit Talk Am / BOOK Of GENESIS (Listen to learn how our World was created by GOD) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. by Sirsesan: 4:26pm On Nov 03, 2021
God came down to scatter the language of people that are building just 2 story building while we have more than 2000 storey buildings in Dubai now. The question though is, which God are they talking about? He look like a God that is involved in our affairs directly from the sky. We don't have such a God. This was a period when men thought God is behind the sky and the world is the only planet; since that's all they know. What people are willing to accept as God changes as they know more. It was a feeble story.
Re: The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. by illicit(m): 4:36pm On Nov 03, 2021
I taya o
Re: The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. by alphaNomega: 4:44pm On Nov 03, 2021
Help me ask them
Re: The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:56pm On Nov 03, 2021
Changing monikers or creating new ones can't solve your problem! cheesy
Faith in God is not a possession of all kinds of people! 2Thessalonians 3:2
So if you don't believe in that book it's OK but billions around you will continue considering what is written in that book. Of course you're not in any way better than them! wink
Re: The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. by OBALOLA55(m): 5:11pm On Nov 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Changing monikers or creating new ones can't solve your problem! cheesy
Faith in God is not a possession of all kinds of people! 2Thessalonians 3:2
So if you don't believe in that book it's OK but billions around you will continue considering what is written in that book. Of course you're not in any way better than them! wink
HAVE YOU WORSHIPPED YOUR FELLOW HUMAN (CHRIST) TODAY ABI NA ANGEL HIM BE grin
Re: The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:18pm On Nov 03, 2021
OBALOLA55:
HAVE YOU WORSHIPPED YOUR FELLOW HUMAN (CHRIST) TODAY ABI NA ANGEL HIM BE grin

We are to do OBEISANCE to him and that i'm doing that's why i will never pick up weapons against anyone no matter what happens! Matthew 26:52

So do you know any group of humans who can erase racism and politics from the hearts of people making them to embrace peaceful resolution at all times?
If you don't then you and all your people need Jesus' teachings to save you from exterminating one another! Matthew 5:43-48 smiley
Re: The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. by OBALOLA55(m): 5:22pm On Nov 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

We are to do OBEISANCE to him and that i'm doing that's why i will never pick up weapons against anyone no matter what happens! Matthew 26:52

So do you know any group of humans who can erase racism and politics from the hearts of people making them to embrace peaceful resolution at all times?
If you don't then you and all your people need Jesus' teachings to save you from exterminating one another! Matthew 5:43-48 smiley
BUT YOU ARE NOT FOLLOWING THE TEACHINGS OF CHRIST BECAUSE HE DID NOT SAY YOU SHOULD WORSHIP HIM.

WORSHIP GOD ALONE AND OBEY HIS PROPHETS THAT WAS CHRIST MESSAGE WHILE ON EARTH.
Re: The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:30pm On Nov 03, 2021
OBALOLA55:
BUT YOU ARE NOT FOLLOWING THE TEACHINGS OF CHRIST BECAUSE HE DID NOT SAY YOU SHOULD WORSHIP HIM.

When you don't know something please try to ask, i am one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES not Churchgoers, we worship JEHOVAH because that is the God that send Jesus.
We are not worshiping the same God with the churches of Christendom! undecided
Re: The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. by OBALOLA55(m): 6:46pm On Nov 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

When you don't know something please try to ask, i am one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES not Churchgoers, we worship JEHOVAH because that is the God that send Jesus.
We are not worshiping the same God with the churches of Christendom! undecided
IS CHRIST NOLONGER ARC ANGEL MICHAEL
Re: The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:15pm On Nov 03, 2021
OBALOLA55:
IS CHRIST NOLONGER ARC ANGEL MICHAEL

This is what you said earlier:

OBALOLA55:

Please if you don't know what to say just keep quiet, it's not compulsory you interfere in all discussions. Jesus is a person and i've told you "we are not Churchgoers who worships demons in the name of Jesus"
So why not calm down and learn instead of jumping from pillar to post?
You as a person what exactly do you conclude about the person called "Jesus" in the Bible? smiley
Re: The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. by OBALOLA55(m): 10:18pm On Nov 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

This is what you said earlier:

Please if you don't know what to say just keep quiet, it's not compulsory you interfere in all discussions. Jesus is a person and i've told you "we are not Churchgoers who worships demons in the name of Jesus"
So why not calm down and learn instead of jumping from pillar to post?
You as a person what exactly do you conclude about the person called "Jesus" in the Bible? smiley
CHRIST IS NOTHING BUT A PROPHET MESSENGER/RASUL-ALLAH MEANS MESSENGER OF GOD
Re: The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:33pm On Nov 03, 2021
OBALOLA55:

You should have told me that you're a Muslim, that's my former religion before i converted to JW.
Well the word "angel" simply means messenger so if Jesus is a messenger of God then he can also be an angel! smiley
Re: The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. by Adranido(m): 10:36pm On Nov 03, 2021
;DOga abeg mind wat u say atimes oo make u no go enter wahala ooo. enven if na idol or anitin weh u de tink watin consin u na, they say make u worship am ni!! nonsense if u no watin to do abeg com help me fry garri 2moro na market day faaa grin
Re: The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. by OBALOLA55(m): 10:41pm On Nov 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You should have told me that you're a Muslim, that's my former religion before i converted to JW.
Well the word "angel" simply means messenger so if Jesus is a messenger of God then he can also be an angel! smiley
I’M A MUSLIM BECAUSE I MENTIONED ALLAH/GOD AND RASUL-ALLAH WHICH LITERALLY MEANS MESSENGER OF GOD. IS THAT WHAT MADE ME A MUSLIM
Re: The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. by OBALOLA55(m): 10:44pm On Nov 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

SO WHAT DO WE CALL HIS PROPHETS shocked
Re: The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:46pm On Nov 03, 2021
OBALOLA55:

I’M A MUSLIM BECAUSE I MENTIONED ALLAH/GOD AND RASUL-ALLAH WHICH LITERALLY MEANS MESSENGER OF GOD. IS THAT WHAT MADE ME A MUSLIM

Guy, only Muslims use Arabic terms like that so if you're not part of them you should have used your own tongue to describe Jesus not Arabic language after all your moniker is OBALOLA that sounds more like Yorùbá to me not Arabian so how come you didn't use English or Yorùbá but Arabic yet you want to say you're not a Muslim? cheesy
Re: The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:51pm On Nov 03, 2021
OBALOLA55:

SO WHAT DO WE CALL HIS PROPHETS shocked
You need to bite what you can chew, don't run before your shadow.
Moses was a prophet of God yet God said:

"And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet" Exodus 7:1

Tell me now according to that account what is Moses, a prophet or a god? smiley
Re: The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. by OBALOLA55(m): 11:20pm On Nov 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You need to bite what you can chew, don't run before your shadow.
Moses was a prophet of God yet God said:

"And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet" Exodus 7:1

Tell me now according to that account what is Moses, a prophet or a god? smiley
YOU JUST TOLD ME THAT CHRIST WAS A MESSENGER OF GOD AND ANGEL, WHY CAN’T YOUSAY THE SAME ABOUT MOSES, ANOTHER MESSENGER OF GOD
Re: The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. by hupernikao: 11:21pm On Nov 03, 2021
Sirsesan:
God came down to scatter the language of people that are building just 2 story building while we have more than 2000 storey buildings in Dubai now. The question though is, which God are they talking about? He look like a God that is involved in our affairs directly from the sky. We don't have such a God. This was a period when men thought God is behind the sky and the world is the only planet; since that's all they know. What people are willing to accept as God changes as they know more. It was a feeble story.

When all you are exposed is a funny theology like this, how will you not end up becoming a man without conviction. Even if you are taught wrongly, it's proper that as you grow up to rethink on what you are taught and check well to know what was missing or what could be the interpretation.

Sadly for you, the energy you are to use to read properly and search, you have sold it to receive a heart that lack conviction even in what you hold as true now.

My advise for you
Always stay on things you know than exposing your inability to read simple text and understand usage of language in explaining events.
Re: The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:23am On Nov 04, 2021
OBALOLA55:

YOU JUST TOLD ME THAT CHRIST WAS A MESSENGER OF GOD AND ANGEL, WHY CAN’T YOUSAY THE SAME ABOUT MOSES, ANOTHER MESSENGER OF GOD
This has to do with deeper knowledge not just merely reading of the Bible.
All humans originates from these source that means our existence began just like all other creatures we see around us their parents caused their birth on this planet. But as for Jesus it's not his parents that caused his birth rather he was transformed from somewhere else into an embryo in the womb of a virgin Jewish girl named Mary. John 8:23

So it's after thorough meditation on the Bible as a whole that we discovered that Jesus must have been existing somewhere before his birth here on earth, therefore if he is also a messenger of God and his existence doesn't start from this source then he must be one of God's spirit sons in heaven : angels (spirit messengers of God)

Now regarding the case of being angel Michael Jesus himself talked about his position in heaven as the commander in chief of all God's spirit workers: angels {Matthew 25:31} the only person having that same authority in the spirit realms (above) from where Jesus said he came {John 8:23} is the Archangel Michael {Jude 9} the Bible talked about a mighty spirit person who always stand up for the salvation of God's people on this planet {Daniel 12:1-3} did you note what Daniel said about this person? Daniel said a time of tribulations will come on this planet and Michael will swing into action and gather all obedient mankind under one umbrella even resurrecting those who are sleeping in death!
Well Jesus is the one who later came saying he is going to do all these and he did so in many instances to prove that God has granted him the power to act on death! John 11:17-44

So if Jesus was sent by God {John 17:3} and his existence did not start from this source {John 8:23} then he must be one of God's spirit messengers (angels) we have done our own research to figure that he is the same as archangel Michael but you can further with your own research now that you can see that this messenger didn't originate from this source.

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. by Myer(m): 6:15am On Nov 04, 2021
OBALOLA55:

Revelations 22:8-9
Now I, John, 3saw and heard these things. And when I heard and saw, sI fell down to worship before the feet of the angel who showed me these things.

9 Then he said to me, t“See that you do not do that. 4For I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren the prophets, and of those who keep the words of this book. Worship God.”
Re: The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. by Sirsesan: 11:01am On Nov 04, 2021
[quote author=hupernikao post=107312216]

When all you are exposed is a funny theology like this, how will you not end up becoming a man without conviction. Even if you are taught wrongly, it's proper that as you grow up to rethink on what you are taught and check well to know what was missing or what could be the interpretation.

Sadly for you, the energy you are to use to read properly and search, you have sold it to receive a heart that lack conviction even in what you hold as true now.

My advise for you
Always stay on things you know than exposing your inability to read simple text and understand usage of language in explaining events.

[Listen sir, Genesis is acclaimed to have been written by Moses who wasn't even alive when many of those things happened. If i ask you now, you will run to inspired. Inspired doesn't mean dictated. Then what does inspired means precisely. Inspired just means you wrote it by researches, data and eyes witnesses info. or what else. Those accounts in Genesis are feeble stories or legendary stories gathered together for our consumption. the are fairy tales from the period human being knew nothing about nothing.
Re: The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. by hupernikao: 11:31am On Nov 04, 2021
Sirsesan:

[Listen sir, Genesis is acclaimed to have been written by Moses who wasn't even alive when many of those things happened. If i ask you now, you will run to inspired. Inspired doesn't mean dictated. Then what does inspired means precisely. Inspired just means you wrote it by researches, data and eyes witnesses info. or what else. Those accounts in Genesis are feeble stories or legendary stories gathered together for our consumption. the are fairy tales from the period human being knew nothing about nothing.

You are confusing inspiration via writings with eye witness account.

Inspiration of the Bible is first of all in the documentation. The moment you see the word scriptures (grapho), it simply means what is written down, not what is said. Hence
Tim 3:16, all scriptures are inspired by God, means the documentation, the writing.

That means, it's not referring to the actors, the speakers, or the events but the documentation. That first said.

We also have events, words and actions that are inspired in the scriptures. But not all events and actions you read in the Bible are inspired by God, but the documentation of them all is inspired for you and I to be able to read.

For example

Satan spoke in the bible
Haters of God spoke
The disobedient spoke.

These speaking weren't God's inspiration, but the author was inspired to write them. That is what scriptures inspired mean.

So, was Moses inspired to document, to write the books he wrote? Yes. He was inspired to grapho, to put it in writings.

This doesn't mean he was there or he was the actor all through, doesnt even have to be an eye witness. All he needed to do is to document God's plan in writing which you now have.

I hope this is clear.

When this is clear, then we can look at how Moses was able to write it if he wasn't there during the events.
Re: The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. by Sirsesan: 1:20pm On Nov 04, 2021
[quote author=hupernikao post=107322546]

You are confusing inspiration via writings with eye witness account.

Inspiration of the Bible is first of all in the documentation. The moment you see the word scriptures (grapho), it simply means what is written down, not what is said. Hence
Tim 3:16, all scriptures are inspired by God, means the documentation, the writing.

That means, it's not referring to the actors, the speakers, or the events but the documentation. That first said.

We also have events, words and actions that are inspired in the scriptures. But not all events and actions you read in the Bible are inspired by God, but the documentation of them all is inspired for you and I to be able to read.

For example

Satan spoke in the bible
Haters of God spoke
The disobedient spoke.

These speaking weren't God's inspiration, but the author was inspired to write them. That is what scriptures inspired mean.

So, was Moses inspired to document, to write the books he wrote? Yes. He was inspired to grapho, to put it in writings.

This doesn't mean he was there or he was the actor all through, doesnt even have to be an eye witness. All he needed to do is to document God's plan in writing which you now have.

I hope this is clear.

When this is clear, then we can look at how Moses was able to write it if he wasn't there during the events.

{What you've just done is create further confusion as you guys always do. The simple question i asked you is What is inspired. Does it mean God dictated it to the person or he saw a vision of past events that he was not part of or a trance or through what channel does this stories comes to Moese. Because the detail account in Genesis requires an eye witness. Will u accept the stories of Jesus in Matthew if Matthew wrote everything about Jesus out of Inspiration without consulting eye witnesses. Will you accept if Paul had written Jesus account solely from inspiration without consulting eye witness. How did Moses wrote a whole detail account of Isaac, Jacob even Abraham when he wasn't physically there. Define inspiration in details .
Re: The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. by hupernikao: 4:40pm On Nov 04, 2021
Sirsesan:

{What you've just done is create further confusion as you guys always do. The simple question i asked you is What is inspired. Does it mean God dictated it to the person or he saw a vision of past events that he was not part of or a trance or through what channel does this stories comes to Moese. Because the detail account in Genesis requires an eye witness. Will u accept the stories of Jesus in Matthew if Matthew wrote everything about Jesus out of Inspiration without consulting eye witnesses. Will you accept if Paul had written Jesus account solely from inspiration without consulting eye witness. How did Moses wrote a whole detail account of Isaac, Jacob even Abraham when he wasn't physically there. Define inspiration in details .

The major challenge here is that you arent reading my responses, you are holding an assumption in your mind and just scan through what i wrote so as to give another argument. We will only continue in circle if you arent ready to read and read well.

Your issues is in two folds, but you seems not to be patient to handle them

Now pay attention
Moses writings was not premised on visions, if that is what you think. This is the reasons i want you to understand what inspiration is first.

I will try to explain how of Moses writings in its most basic form.

Was Moses Writings through a vision?
Moses wrote stories that span over 2000 years before he was born, hence it is a genuine concern to ask how was he able to write such when he wasnt there. Of course there is a school of taught that assumed Moses was given in a vision or given by God directly. The truth is there is no scriptural backing or explanation for such that all those narratives were through visions or communication with God.

The key thing to know is this: that the reason Moses wrote was to document God's plan within humanity over the years.

Who are Moses Primary Audience?
Dont forget, that Moses never wrote to the whole world, he wrote to his people (Israel) even though God has a bigger plan to reach the world. But in Moses mind at the point of writing, he was solving a problem within the Israel nations. HE WAS TO BRING THEM BACK TO GOD.

This is the essence of writing Genesis.

For example the story of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob wasnt known to Moses alone, these Fathers were known by the Israel nation. They have their stories told from generations to generations even before Moses was born.

- Abraham instructed Isaac in God's way
- Isaac did same for Jacob
- Jacob taught his children about his God, prayed even for his grandchildren using God's name.

It was not hidden.
- Joseph, before his death spoke to the Israel about God's plan and his bones.

This is how they passed God's ordinance via oral tradition.

This is to let you know that their stories were told, in generations. The Israelites know them even before Moses was born. All the stories were told, they were taught from their childhood to know God. That is the culture of the Jews. For example, account of Noah's stories exist before Moses was born.

Observe Moses first encounter with God

Exo 3
4 So when the Lord saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, “Moses, Moses!”
And he said, “Here I am.”
5 Then He said, “Do not draw near this place. Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you stand is holy ground.” 6 Moreover He said, “I am the God of your father—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God.

In that first encounter, God told Moses that He is the God of his fathers (Abraham, Isaac, Jacob. Moses never argued that or say he didnt know what that means. he must have been taught by his mother, also Mariam about Abraham/Isaac/Jacob and their God. He understood clearly what that means. Those stories were preserved by ORAL COMMUNICATION through their fathers.

This is synonymous to how African preserved their culture and stories in folklores, how china preserved their folklores in music etc. There was a way ancient information were preserved even before man starts to write. It should be obvious to you that Moses was likely the very first Jew to know how to write considering his education and exposure.

So What Did God Inspire Moses to Do?

Knowing fully well now that God's word and His plan were communicated over the ages through their fathers and generations, what God did in Moses is to inspire him to document these events. Moses is the first in Israel, first of those God used to document this plan, this is what led to the writing. He wrote the stories they already knew but with a definite revelation of God's plan revealed through his writings.

Why was it necessary?
God's plan are in his words, hence for man to understand God's plan, he must first understand his words. Moses documentation provided a medium for the beginning of this documentation and the availability of God's plan to man.

Hence, Moses writings (Genesis), even through were the documentation of past events which were well known among his people. His writings did not only just document the stories they already knew but explained to them (us) in greater insight and revelation, God's plan for humanity.

Therefore:

1. The inspiration to write them down was God
2. What he wrote were already in the traditions of the Jews taught and preserved through oral tradition
3. The documents also fully explained and revealed God's plan in a better way and communicable way to the audience

I hope this is clear to you now?
You may need to read it again before commenting.
Re: The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. by Sirsesan: 8:52am On Nov 12, 2021
[quote author=hupernikao post=107330612]

The major challenge here is that you arent reading my responses, you are holding an assumption in your mind and just scan through what i wrote so as to give another argument. We will only continue in circle if you arent ready to read and read well.

Your issues is in two folds, but you seems not to be patient to handle them

Now pay attention
Moses writings was not premised on visions, if that is what you think. This is the reasons i want you to understand what inspiration is first.

I will try to explain how of Moses writings in its most basic form.

Was Moses Writings through a vision?
Moses wrote stories that span over 2000 years before he was born, hence it is a genuine concern to ask how was he able to write such when he wasnt there. Of course there is a school of taught that assumed Moses was given in a vision or given by God directly. The truth is there is no scriptural backing or explanation for such that all those narratives were through visions or communication with God.

The key thing to know is this: that the reason Moses wrote was to document God's plan within humanity over the years.

Who are Moses Primary Audience?
Dont forget, that Moses never wrote to the whole world, he wrote to his people (Israel) even though God has a bigger plan to reach the world. But in Moses mind at the point of writing, he was solving a problem within the Israel nations. HE WAS TO BRING THEM BACK TO GOD.

This is the essence of writing Genesis.

For example the story of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob wasnt known to Moses alone, these Fathers were known by the Israel nation. They have their stories told from generations to generations even before Moses was born.

- Abraham instructed Isaac in God's way
- Isaac did same for Jacob
- Jacob taught his children about his God, prayed even for his grandchildren using God's name.

It was not hidden.
- Joseph, before his death spoke to the Israel about God's plan and his bones.

This is how they passed God's ordinance via oral tradition.

This is to let you know that their stories were told, in generations. The Israelites know them even before Moses was born. All the stories were told, they were taught from their childhood to know God. That is the culture of the Jews. For example, account of Noah's stories exist before Moses was born.

Observe Moses first encounter with God

Exo 3
4 So when the Lord saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, “Moses, Moses!”
And he said, “Here I am.”
5 Then He said, “Do not draw near this place. Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you stand is holy ground.” 6 Moreover He said, “I am the God of your father—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God.

In that first encounter, God told Moses that He is the God of his fathers (Abraham, Isaac, Jacob. Moses never argued that or say he didnt know what that means. he must have been taught by his mother, also Mariam about Abraham/Isaac/Jacob and their God. He understood clearly what that means. Those stories were preserved by ORAL COMMUNICATION through their fathers.

This is synonymous to how African preserved their culture and stories in folklores, how china preserved their folklores in music etc. There was a way ancient information were preserved even before man starts to write. It should be obvious to you that Moses was likely the very first Jew to know how to write considering his education and exposure.

So What Did God Inspire Moses to Do?

Knowing fully well now that God's word and His plan were communicated over the ages through their fathers and generations, what God did in Moses is to inspire him to document these events. Moses is the first in Israel, first of those God used to document this plan, this is what led to the writing. He wrote the stories they already knew but with a definite revelation of God's plan revealed through his writings.

Why was it necessary?
God's plan are in his words, hence for man to understand God's plan, he must first understand his words. Moses documentation provided a medium for the beginning of this documentation and the availability of God's plan to man.

Hence, Moses writings (Genesis), even through were the documentation of past events which were well known among his people. His writings did not only just document the stories they already knew but explained to them (us) in greater insight and revelation, God's plan for humanity.

Therefore:

1. The inspiration to write them down was God
2. What he wrote were already in the traditions of the Jews taught and preserved through oral tradition
3. The documents also fully explained and revealed God's plan in a better way and communicable way to the audience

I hope this is clear to you now?
You may need to read it again before commenting.

["Those stories were preserved by [b]ORAL COMMUNICATION through their fathers" [/b]This is exactly my point. Error and lies do crept in regarding any history through ORAL COMMUNICATION. There is no exception, it's always the case. Always. I have had more than 20 conflicting story about same event in the Nigeria civil war. An event that just happened less than 60 years ago. The Chinese and all the others you mentioned never refers to those scripts as infallible by any stretch. Why will u think all the events documented in Genesis happened precisely as been told; which we all knows it wasn't the case. Even if u think they are fallible, that's not the stands of the Church. Yours is just like shifting the goal post when a goal is about to be scored. Adam and Eve is one example, it was just a creation myth copied and pasted. The stories in Genesis are told like a video documentary or as though an eye witness told them. I can guarantee you, a whole lot of them are legends. [b]"That is the culture of the Jews. For example, account of Noah's stories exist before Moses was born." [/b]It was more than 1000 years before Moses. This is like Oduduwa and Oranmiyan stories in Yoruba land. These stories are 70% lies, exaggerations and fictions. Yorubas have creation myth and if they have been fortunate enough to receive the religious mandate, that creation myth would have been the one we would be reading today. It would have been certified Gold and unfalsifiable once it finds it ways inside the scriptures. Ridiculous stories becomes legitimate once they appear in religious books. Noah and the others are just like Oduduwa Oranmiyan and the rest.
]
Re: The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. by hupernikao: 10:21am On Nov 12, 2021
Sirsesan:

["Those stories were preserved by [b]ORAL COMMUNICATION through their fathers" [/b]This is exactly my point. Error and lies do crept in regarding any history through ORAL COMMUNICATION. There is no exception, it's always the case. Always. I have had more than 20 conflicting story about same event in the Nigeria civil war. An event that just happened less than 60 years ago. The Chinese and all the others you mentioned never refers to those scripts as infallible by any stretch. Why will u think all the events documented in Genesis happened precisely as been told; which we all knows it wasn't the case. Even if u think they are fallible, that's not the stands of the Church. Yours is just like shifting the goal post when a goal is about to be scored. Adam and Eve is one example, it was just a creation myth copied and pasted. The stories in Genesis are told like a video documentary or as though an eye witness told them. I can guarantee you, a whole lot of them are legends. [b]"That is the culture of the Jews. For example, account of Noah's stories exist before Moses was born." [/b]It was more than 1000 years before Moses. This is like Oduduwa and Oranmiyan stories in Yoruba land. These stories are 70% lies, exaggerations and fictions. Yorubas have creation myth and if they have been fortunate enough to receive the religious mandate, that creation myth would have been the one we would be reading today. It would have been certified Gold and unfalsifiable once it finds it ways inside the scriptures. Ridiculous stories becomes legitimate once they appear in religious books. Noah and the others are just like Oduduwa Oranmiyan and the rest.
]

Your response only picked part of what i wrote and didnt consider the whole view of the writing. This is also what happens to many bible reader who doesnt consider the whole view of the bible but interpret them in partial knowledge.

You have left out the key aspect of my statement and also the bible stand point, that the writers were inspired (guided) by God. The writings were said to be divine.
That will answer the two points you put up there. So, take all i wrote to consideration not just part.
Re: The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. by Sirsesan: 8:34am On Nov 13, 2021
[quote author=hupernikao post=107546530]

Your response only picked part of what i wrote and didnt consider the whole view of the writing. This is also what happens to many bible reader who doesnt consider the whole view of the bible but interpret them in partial knowledge.

You have left out the key aspect of my statement and also the bible stand point, that the writers were inspired (guided) by God. The writings were said to be divine.
That will answer the two points you put up there. So, take all i wrote to consideration not just part.

[This inspired you're always smuggling in, you've not been able to define inspired. If it is not a vision and not dictated, then it just like you writing it and sprinkling the name of god on it. Past events can only comes to you in a Vision or Someone dictated them to you. Inspiration can only help you bring out an idea not a true life story. Maybe you need to define your own inspiration. If Paul had written about the life of Jesus from inspiration, would you have found it acceptable? If you are not there, youre not there. My submission is this: Moses didnt write Genesis. Genesis is just a compilations of legendary and fictitious stories of Oduduwa and Oranmiya and the likes.
what God did in Moses is to inspire him to document these events If you say, he showed him a vision, i can understand, if you say he dictated those past events to him, i can understand but how can u inspired past events. Ideas can be inspired but not live events. And mind u, the bible never claimed they were dictated or revealed through visions. Or by inspiration, you mean celestial church kind of thing. You cannot see past events if it is not a vision or someone dictating it. NO WAY. ]
Re: The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. by hupernikao: 4:27pm On Nov 15, 2021
Sirsesan:

This inspired you're always smuggling in, you've not been able to define inspired. If it is not a vision and not dictated, then it just like you writing it and sprinkling the name of god on it. Past events can only comes to you in a Vision or Someone dictated them to you. Inspiration can only help you bring out an idea not a true life story. Maybe you need to define your own inspiration. If Paul had written about the life of Jesus from inspiration, would you have found it acceptable? If you are not there, youre not there. My submission is this: Moses didnt write Genesis. Genesis is just a compilations of legendary and fictitious stories of Oduduwa and Oranmiya and the likes.
what God did in Moses is to inspire him to document these events If you say, he showed him a vision, i can understand, if you say he dictated those past events to him, i can understand but how can u inspired past events. Ideas can be inspired but not live events. And mind u, the bible never claimed they were dictated or revealed through visions. Or by inspiration, you mean celestial church kind of thing. You cannot see past events if it is not a vision or someone dictating it. NO WAY. ]

You seems not to know what inspired mean as related to writings. You are used to see inspired as vision and things like that. This is why you are any separate inspiration in an events from in writing.

If I inspire you to write a story about Nigeria past, what it means is that I provided a template for your writings. You draw from my words and actions to documents that events.

This is different from if I inspire you to write my won story using events of the past as precursor for your explanation. This is what God did in Moses. (read this again)

Bible is God's story not Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses etc. It's God's story about man. Know this first.

Now, for Bible, that inspiration must be seen in God's plan. God's inspiration of the Bible is not to document history even though history will be written in it. God's inspiration is to document God's plan both in the past and future. That's what the Bible writer did.

They were inspired (this is related to their mind) to write God's plan using events in the past to explain God's plan for humanity.

Such events historically may have deviations, other sources etc, but the the focus of those events are not to document history but use those history to explain God's plan.

Example
A key example is Noah's story, historically, Moses wasn't the first person to document this. At least 4 different versions existed in the ancient world before Moses was born.

But the inspiration on Moses was to use that story in history to explain God's plan. Moses writing is not to ascertain, accept or refute how Noah story was but to use the story to explain God's plan for humanity.

The moment you start seeing inspiration as I have to see through the past then you will fall into big error in Bible reading.

Moses documented most things already in existence, already practiced but used them to speak about God's plan from the beginning till the last days.

- Sabbath was practiced in Egypt before Moses
- temple were before Moses
- Sin and death were before Moses.
- Righteousness was before Moses.
- Passover was practice in ancient world before Moses.
- Ark of covenant too were used by the heathen

Moses didn't start any of this.
All these and more were things Moses adopted to explain God's plan.

Hence the inspiration of God in Moses writing is to use those things already in existence, those events already happened in the past to be able to use them and tell God's story. How he was able to put all those events, actions, symbols together to explain God's plan is the inspiration.

I HOPE YOU NOTICED HOW MANY TIMES I MENTIONED GOD'S PLAN in this write up. That should tell you the focus.

You will need to reread what I wrote 3 times to ensure you get this. You are mixing it up.

Thank you.
Re: The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. by ABIODUN105(m): 7:33pm On Nov 15, 2021
OBALOLA55:
Apart from Allah that took a clay from the ground to mood and breathe into it to form the first man which other person in the koran performed such miracle in the koran? Please am curious I need an answer to this question.
Re: The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. by Sirsesan: 11:12am On Nov 16, 2021
[quote author=hupernikao post=107646314]

You seems not to know what inspired mean as related to writings. You are used to see inspired as vision and things like that. This is why you are any separate inspiration in an events from in writing.

If I inspire you to write a story about Nigeria past, what it means is that I provided a template for your writings. You draw from my words and actions to documents that events.

This is different from if I inspire you to write my won story using events of the past as precursor for your explanation. This is what God did in Moses. (read this again)

Bible is God's story not Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses etc. It's God's story about man. Know this first.

Now, for Bible, that inspiration must be seen in God's plan. God's inspiration of the Bible is not to document history even though history will be written in it. God's inspiration is to document God's plan both in the past and future. That's what the Bible writer did.

They were inspired (this is related to their mind) to write God's plan using events in the past to explain God's plan for humanity.

Such events historically may have deviations, other sources etc, but the the focus of those events are not to document history but use those history to explain God's plan.

Example
A key example is Noah's story, historically, Moses wasn't the first person to document this. At least 4 different versions existed in the ancient world before Moses was born.

But the inspiration on Moses was to use that story in history to explain God's plan. Moses writing is not to ascertain, accept or refute how Noah story was but to use the story to explain God's plan for humanity.

The moment you start seeing inspiration as I have to see through the past then you will fall into big error in Bible reading.

Moses documented most things already in existence, already practiced but used them to speak about God's plan from the beginning till the last days.

Hence the inspiration of God in Moses writing is to use those things already in existence, those events already happened in the past to be able to use them and tell God's story. How he was able to put all those events, actions, symbols together to explain God's plan is the inspiration.

I HOPE YOU NOTICED HOW MANY TIMES I MENTIONED GOD'S PLAN in this write up. That should tell you the focus.

You will need to reread what I wrote 3 times to ensure you get this. You are mixing it up.

Thank you.

[I try to grab how this your definition of inspired can play out practically and i just cant genuinely figure it out believe you me. You sound as if God is a human being. How does God provide the template of past events to Moses without showing him visions and without meeting him or sending those documents to him. How is that possible when God cannot be seen. Where did they meet. Or u mean God enter inside Moses like Celestial Church thing. I just cant figure you out. What are u saying really. You make a whole lot of sensible explanation but didn't do well on the main subject of discussion which is how does God practically inspired people. Demonstrate it pls. At least, if you say Vision, dictation, i can connect quickly but i cannot connect with your own definition of inspired.]
Re: The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. by Sirsesan: 3:06pm On Nov 16, 2021
[quote author=hupernikao post=107646314]

Example

Thank you.

[OK. Maybe i should ask this question for clarity. Vision is through the eye, Audible voice (dictation) is through voice; that's hearing. What channel does inspiration follows since you said is not the celestial church kind of thing. Where u feel the spirit and start scattering chairs.]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mega Church (Crystal Cathedra) Files For Bankruptcy / Attending Church Isn't For Hearing The Word Of God - Creflo Dollar. / What If God Is Sleeping And Life As We Know It Is Just His Dream?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.