Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,023 members, 7,828,597 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. (1263 Views)

Thank God Say Man No Be God.. Wetin Man Eye For See Hin Mouth For No Fit Talk Am / Muslims Are The Ones Who Say That Allah Is An Idol / BOOK Of GENESIS (Listen to learn how our World was created by GOD) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. by Sirsesan: 5:38pm On Nov 16, 2021
[quote author=hupernikao post=107312216]

When all you are exposed is a funny theology like this, how will you not end up becoming a man without conviction. Even if you are taught wrongly, it's proper that as you grow up to rethink on what you are taught and check well to know what was missing or what could be the interpretation.

Sadly for you, the energy you are to use to read properly and search, you have sold it to receive a heart that lack conviction even in what you hold as true now.

My advise for you
Always stay on things you know than exposing your inability to read simple text and understand usage of language in explaining events.

[You look to be like someone that even if your mother convinced you that your dead father is not your father, you will ignore the real truth in favour of the illusion you've always known. Swallow the pills, the father you've always thought to be your father is a LIE. You can interprete those passages whichever way you want to, those stories were just like the Stories of Oduduwa, Oranmiyan of Yoruba land. Exaggerated Lies.
So sad, i spent 30 years of my life believing them.]
Re: The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. by hupernikao: 9:44pm On Nov 16, 2021
Sirsesan:

[OK. Maybe i should ask this question for clarity. Vision is through the eye, Audible voice (dictation) is through voice; that's hearing. What channel does inspiration follows since you said is not the celestial church kind of thing. Where u feel the spirit and start scattering chairs.]

When you are inspire by someone's lecture to do somethings, what channel does such inspiration takes? A knowing, right? A knowledge through the mind, a comprehension, insight to think, a wisdom drawn from the entity of inspiration. So simply put, an insight (understanding of events or actions, beyond what it will literarily meant), to have a meaning, via understanding of the facts presented through events, actions and history. That is what you have as Bible.

In this case

1. The source of that insight and understanding of the facts in those events was God. That is the inspiration. Hence its God's story written by man through God's inspiration.

2. The story being told is the story of the one who inspired the writing. If I am telling you my story to write for me, I automatically become the inspiration, the owner, the source fo the information. So what you see as Bible is God's story, God's way of telling his own truth through the ages of men.
Re: The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. by hupernikao: 10:43pm On Nov 16, 2021
Sirsesan:

[I try to grab how this your definition of inspired can play out practically and i just cant genuinely figure it out believe you me. You sound as if God is a human being. How does God provide the template of past events to Moses without showing him visions and without meeting him or sending those documents to him. How is that possible when God cannot be seen. Where did they meet. Or u mean God enter inside Moses like Celestial Church thing. I just cant figure you out. What are u saying really. You make a whole lot of sensible explanation but didn't do well on the main subject of discussion which is how does God practically inspired people. Demonstrate it pls. At least, if you say Vision, dictation, i can connect quickly but i cannot connect with your own definition of inspired.]

Let's address it this way. Let's try to answer these.

1. WHO DID HE WRITE TO?
2. ARE THE STORY NEW TO THEM?
3. WHAT WAS MOSES COMMUNICATING?

1. WHO DID MOSES WRITE TO
I am sure you know that Moses wasn't writing to the whole world when he was writing Genesis. He never had the whole world on mind. He was only solving immediate problem of his people, Israel, His purpose is to retell God's story to them. These were the primary audience. We will see later why the writing now has to reach the world. But Moses never wrote with the world in mind. He didn't even write it for Egyptian. He was God's prophet to his people.

2. ARE THEY (ISRAELITE) HEARING THESE STORY FOR THE FIRST TIME THROUGH MOSES?

Was Moses telling a new story they never knew? This is one of the great disservice done to the scriptures to believe those stories never existed before Moses. It is not true.

For example
The knowledge of God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob was already with the Israelite. Moses heard God said this and he never questioned it. It was a story told to all children of Israel from tender age.

All these stories have been preserved as folklores and transmitted orally from generation to generation of the Israelite.

Notice, the book of Hebrew 11 ascertain that Moses mother and the sister had knowledge about God's promise, hence kept Moses. They have these stories, Moses learnt them growing up too as any child in Israel.

Also note, that some of these stories were even prevalent and known among non Israelite, the ancient world has story about Noah ark etc. These stories were told in their schools, Egypt has many of these. Moses was schooled by Pharaoh, so he was well exposed to all these stories.

This lead to the 3rd question

3. WHAT WAS MOSES COMMUNICATING THEN IF THOSE STORIES ALREADY EXISTED.

Now, this is where the inspiration in the writing comes.

Moses, retold the stories the Israelite knew over generation but now put a meaning to it. That meaning is what the Israelite never knew before, the plan of God. He put the stories together and explained the past, present and future plan of God through them.

Simply means, he put insight into the stories. He explained the reason for the events in a way that non have explained before.

Let me give you an explanation you are used to.

It's like taking yoruba folklore about
Oduduwa
Sango
Esu
Osun
Oya

These stories existed before, now what he did was to reveal events past and future from it. Like telling you what Sango story will bring you at the end of age, why did he come, for who, why did he die. What plan did God has for his people through him.
Taking all specific events to explain a plan that span from the first man to the last days.

This is close to what Moses did for the Israelite. He used those stories to tell God's plan, grace, judgment and salvation for man. This was never in their folklore and stories but Moses now take the stories and gave them insight.

NOW, that means we have two stories.

1. The folklores of Israel told before Moses.
2. Moses insightful explanation using this folklores to explain God's plan.

That second one, was what God did in Moses.

So, whose story is the second?

Israel or God's story? Of cause God.

Hence, He is the source of that inspiration, insight and knowledge that Moses used to interpret those events and brought God's mind out from it. He never learnt that from school or from his mother or Israel.

This is the inspiration. That is, God's guidance to Moses was the reason he could write God's story.

So, who inspired Moses? God.
Since he is the one who Moses trusted and obeyed to be able to have such insight and exposition. Then we can convincingly say,

God's inspiration to Moses wasn't about vision but insight and understanding into his plan to see his facts through the story of man, which Moses now documented.

Hence Moses wasn't documenting Israelite folklore but God's story through those events.

@Myer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The God In The Book Of Genesis Is An Idol. Na Me Talk Am. by orisa37: 8:35am On Nov 17, 2021
And you are a LUNA

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prove It At The Altar - The Guys' Bitter Truth / God's Opinion About Women / The Morons Have Started Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.