Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,537 members, 7,955,001 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:06 PM

Web Developers Expert Advices Needed Here - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Web Developers Expert Advices Needed Here (311 Views)

I Want A Review And Advices On My Platform Please / I Need Professional Advices As Regards Programming Skill In Demand I Cud Learn / I Designed A Bitcoin Community,pls I Need Your Advices. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Developers Expert Advices Needed Here by kktbm: 5:40pm On Nov 03, 2021
What’s up guys , I’m new to web development tho. So I have this client, who wants an e-commerce website exactly like www.gallerydept.com .

But my issue is after doing inspect with the browsers, I noticed that they didn’t make use of bootstrap and I’m only familiar with bootstrap. They made use of a Shopify cdn for themes.

Is there a way to convert or recreate with bootstrap? Or even normal html and css?

Remember I’m a amateur
Re: Web Developers Expert Advices Needed Here by stanliwise(m): 5:55pm On Nov 03, 2021
kktbm:
What’s up guys , I’m new to web development tho. So I have this client, who wants an e-commerce website exactly like www.gallerydept.com .

But my issue is after doing inspect with the browsers, I noticed that they didn’t make use of bootstrap and I’m only familiar with bootstrap. They made use of a Shopify cdn for themes.

Is there a way to convert or recreate with bootstrap? Or even normal html and css?

Remember I’m a amateur

From the look of it. It was built with Shopify and I wouldn’t advice you to do otherwise if he/she wants exactly that kinda of website. Perhaps if you build the frontend with bootstrap. Would you also build the backend?

Simply use Shopify, but note that Shopify is per month payment and it is quite expensive.

Only use it if your client can pay such amount monthly.
More so you need the knowledge of Shopify to do what he wants. It is not so difficult but being that it has a benchmark then you must be good at it.
Re: Web Developers Expert Advices Needed Here by kktbm: 6:08pm On Nov 03, 2021
stanliwise:

From the look of it. It was built with Shopify and I wouldn’t advice you to do otherwise if he/she wants exactly that kinda of website. Perhaps if you build the frontend with bootstrap. Would you also build the backend?

Simply use Shopify, but note that Shopify is per month payment and it is quite expensive.

Only use it if your client can pay such amount monthly.
More so you need the knowledge of Shopify to do what he wants. It is not so difficult but being that it has a benchmark then you must be good at it.

Thanks bro….. yes I’m doing the backend with Django.

But can I still build the same front end of that website with bootstrap?

1 Like

Re: Web Developers Expert Advices Needed Here by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:08pm On Nov 03, 2021
kktbm:

I hope they paid enough for this. An e-commerce backend from scratch isn't easy. There's a lot to take into consideration. Product variations, payments, SEO et al
Re: Web Developers Expert Advices Needed Here by stanliwise(m): 7:22pm On Nov 03, 2021
kktbm:

I will advise you no.
The time complexity is not encouraging.

But if you still want to. Then yes it can.
It is just frontend
Re: Web Developers Expert Advices Needed Here by airsaylongcome: 7:23pm On Nov 03, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

I hope they paid enough for this. An e-commerce backend from scratch isn't easy. There's a lot to take into consideration. Product variations, payments, SEO et al

I bet they aren't! These kinds of customers na to use Magento or PrestaShop for them
Re: Web Developers Expert Advices Needed Here by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:27pm On Nov 03, 2021
airsaylongcome:

I bet they aren't! These kinds of customers na to use Magento or PrestaShop for them
Magento is very complex sef to use. Best to use the same shopify or woocommerce
Re: Web Developers Expert Advices Needed Here by airsaylongcome: 7:42pm On Nov 03, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Magento is very complex sef to use. Best to use the same shopify or woocommerce

Many Nigerian businesses would run away if you mention Shopify because of the periodic dollar payments.

I have a local prospect asking for a contact centre solution. They want all the bells and whistle on an Amazon server. But they say dem no wan pay monthly server rental

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Google Doodle Champion Island Games - How To Play / Selling Port 25 Open Or Closed Cloud Accounts / I Have 2 Websites For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.