Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,788 members, 7,820,760 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. (3266 Views)

Tigray: Ethiopian Army Retreats As Rebels Enter The Capital / Syrian Government Chopper Shot Down By Rebels (Video) / Hailemariam Desalegn Resigns As Ethiopia's Prime Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by AchalugoNwa(f): 6:56pm On Nov 03, 2021
helinues:

Read that and Waka pass.

Na epistle inspired by sniffing of mosquitoes poo
Mynd44 lalasticlala Seun
Rule 2
Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by CyberWolf: 6:56pm On Nov 03, 2021
helinues:

Read that and Waka pass.

Na epistle inspired by sniffing of mosquitoes poo
I want to get more details with verifiable source.
Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by helinues: 6:58pm On Nov 03, 2021
CyberWolf:
They’ve overwhelmed Ethiopian Army and the prime minister is calling on the citizen to take up arms against the rebels, diplomats are already feeling the country’s capital.. I’m afraid Afghanistan’s fate might befall Ethiopia.

The Nobel Laureate award is what is probably making Abby not to act with full force cos of the innocent citizens. They can be easily crushed cos none of the East African countries are on Tigray side.

Where were the Tigray people when Ethiopia had their recent inauguration which Buhari attended
Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by ConqueredWest: 6:58pm On Nov 03, 2021
CyberWolf:
Are you sure? That’s interesting..

Yes

I have been following the news since the beginning of this year
Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by CyberWolf: 6:58pm On Nov 03, 2021
I watched a news anchor on this crisis this morning on Aljazera and from the press report on ground, the situation is very serious.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by CyberWolf: 7:00pm On Nov 03, 2021
helinues:

The Nobel Laureate award is what is probably making Abby not to act with full force cos of the innocent citizens. They can be easily crushed cos none of the East African countries are on Tigray side.

Where were the Tigray people when Ethiopia had their recent inauguration which Buhari attended
For them to be closing in on Addis Ababa means he should act quick. I read they teamed up with another rebel forces, maybe that’s what is giving them military strength against Ethiopia’s Army.
Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by ConqueredWest: 7:01pm On Nov 03, 2021
CyberWolf:
I want to get more details with verifiable source.

What I posted is the truth

Google Tigray independence declaration and flag
Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by CyberWolf: 7:02pm On Nov 03, 2021
ConqueredWest:

Yes

I have been following the news since the beginning of this year
That’s interesting but why did they declared independence because I read that they’ve been in power for years but just lost power recently.
Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by godofuck231: 7:03pm On Nov 03, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Here in Nigeria , the Fulani bandits are already in Abuja. It's just a matter of little time .
and onece the fct is taken , the rest is rice and beans
Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by helinues: 7:04pm On Nov 03, 2021
ConqueredWest:

Did Tigray declared independence.?

Why did Ethiopia Abby violated their independence

Same Tigray people that fought Eritrea for demanding for independent are still the same people that is demanding for independent after loosing power.

They had their cake, ate it with cold juice drink but now looking for already ate cake.. Things don't work that way.

Tigray people's case be like SE case. When Ironsi was head of state, Ojukwu as regional leader of old Eastern region, they tamed the likes of Adaka Boro from declaring Ijaw republic, same SE are the one demanding for Biafra that's after sabotaging others effort.

Indeed, karma is a bitch

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by PrinceOfLagos: 7:04pm On Nov 03, 2021
godofuck231:
and onece the fct is taken , the rest is rice and beans
Dem dey tell blind man sey rain dey fall undecided
Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by ConqueredWest: 7:06pm On Nov 03, 2021
CyberWolf:
For them to be closing in on Addis Ababa means he should act quick. I read they teamed up with another rebel forces, maybe that’s what is giving them military strength against Ethiopia’s Army.

The Tigray joined force with the Oromo people who are the second largest ethnic group after Amharic people

Oromos want independence

Some day wise ethnic groups will rally with the Biafrans and violently secede from Nigeria IJN Amen.
Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by CyberWolf: 7:07pm On Nov 03, 2021
helinues:

Same Tigray people that fought Eritrea for demanding for independent are still the same people that is demanding for independent after loosing power.

They had their cake, ate it with cold juice drink but now looking for already ate cake.. Things don't work that way.

Tigray people's case be like SE case. When Ironsi was head of state, Ojukwu as regional leader of old Eastern region, they tamed the likes of Adaka Boro from declaring Ijaw republic, same SE are the one demanding for Biafra that's after sabotaging others effort.

Indeed, karma is a bitch
I think Ojukwu declared Independence because of the pogrom, correct me if I’m wrong. What made Adaka Boro to declare independence? I want to learn…

You first said that Tigray people are like Fulani people and you don’t substantiate that, now you jumped over to SE.. hmmmm

5 Likes

Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by ConqueredWest: 7:11pm On Nov 03, 2021
CyberWolf:
That’s interesting but why did they declared independence because I read that they’ve been in power for years but just lost power recently.

They wanted election conducted during Covid 19 but Abby said No which offended the Tigray whom suspected that Abby wants to extend his time in office

So, Tigray declared independence but Abby got angry and invaded Tigray who retreated into the mountains regrouped and struck back the way Biafrans will do very soon against murderous Nigerian military invading Biafra land

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by CyberWolf: 7:12pm On Nov 03, 2021
ConqueredWest:

The Tigray joined force with the Oromo people who are the second largest ethnic group after Amharic people

Oromos want independence

Some day wise ethnic groups will rally with the Biafrans and violently secede from Nigeria IJN Amen.
Okay that’s interesting.. I never know that Oromo people are also from Ethiopia, that’s me as they’ve really formed a formidable force against the Ethiopian government. Watched the news this morning on Aljazera and came to NL to read more about it but surprised the news isn’t here yet.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by CyberWolf: 7:15pm On Nov 03, 2021
ConqueredWest:

They wanted election conducted during Covid 19 but Abby said No which offended the Tigray whom suspected that Abby wants to extend his time in office

So, Tigray declared independence but Abby got angry and invaded Tigray who retreated into the mountains regrouped and struck back the way Biafrans will do very soon against murderous Nigerian military invading Biafra land
That’s very interesting and it seems their tactic worked because according to the news, thy are closing in on Addis Ababa. I also heard that all goods coming from China by sea to West Africa pass through their territory, is it true?
Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by ConqueredWest: 7:16pm On Nov 03, 2021
CyberWolf:
Okay that’s interesting.. I never know that Oromo people are also from Ethiopia, that’s me as they’ve really formed a formidable force against the Ethiopian government. Watched the news this morning on Aljazera and came to NL to read more about it but surprised the news isn’t here yet.

Oromos occupy 2 regions

Abby parents are Oromo/Amharic but his paternal side seeks independence from Ethiopia

In short, 2 years ago there was a big riot by the Oromo people the way the Biafrans did months ago before UGM erupted
Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by afube: 7:17pm On Nov 03, 2021
Awkabigboy:

Which govt persecution. The Tigray people are like Nigerian fulanis who just lost out of power and decided to take it by force again,research bro

Tigray has always been in the opposition and fought the Mengistu government for decades, yes they lost power in an election but the Ethiopian federal government should have dialogued instead of sending forces to kill the tigrayns ...................... Buhari better learn from Ethiopian debacle......forces can align differently in times of war..........Tigray started the war alone but they have Oromo region forces as allies and I suspect Egypt may be aiding them as well.

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by ivolt: 7:20pm On Nov 03, 2021
CyberWolf:
The end point is that Ethiopia will never remain the same if this escalates to full blown civil war.
It is in their best interest not to win!
There plan is to seize the capital and force the government into negotiation.
What they don't realize is that the current government is not really in charge
of a vast area of the country and whatever agreement they have will not be binding.

Also people are saying that they are like Nigeria’s Fulani’s meaning that what’s going on in Ethiopia today might befall Nigeria in the future if care is not taking.
I don't know why people fear the Fulani who have no real military power.
There is a clear difference between engaging in criminal hide and seek using civilians as a cover and
actually fighting an all-out war where there is nowhere to hide.

The so-called Fulani control over Nigeria's army is exaggerated.
If you don't believe me, google Amnesty international's report on Boko haram war and
the Nigerian army's excesses. The Nigerian army are ruthless regardless of their target.

If in the future, a section of Nigeria decide to behave like the Tigrays, the worst that could happen
is outright disintegration. Any form of military campaign will end in disaster for any would be invader.
What is certain is that the so-called Fulanis will have no army to fight for them.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by ConqueredWest: 7:20pm On Nov 03, 2021
CyberWolf:
That’s very interesting and it seems their tactic worked because according to the news, thy are closing in on Addis Ababa. I also heard that all goods coming from China by sea to West Africa pass through their territory, is it true?

No

Ethiopia is landlocked by Eritrea.

Somalia is the location that Chinese ships have to move to the Mediterranean Sea through the red sea or to Southern Africa enroute to West Africa through the Indian Ocean before getting to the Atlantic ocean

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by CyberWolf: 7:21pm On Nov 03, 2021
ConqueredWest:

Oromos occupy 2 regions

Abby parents are Oromo/Amharic but his paternal side seeks independence from Ethiopia

In short, 2 years ago there was a big riot by the Oromo people the way the Biafrans did months ago before UGM erupted
That must be very difficult for him as the country’s leader. Nawa oo… BTW I’m Igbo and supports right to independence but doesn’t support the violence by ESN/Uknown Gunmen going on in East, violence is always not the answer.
Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by CyberWolf: 7:22pm On Nov 03, 2021
ConqueredWest:

No

Ethiopia is landlocked by Eritrea.

Somalia is the location that Chinese ships have to move to the Mediterranean Sea through the red sea or to Southern Africa enroute to West Africa through the Indian Ocean before getting to the Atlantic ocean
Okay because I got confused. I’m just after the economic impact of this war on Nigeria.
Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by ConqueredWest: 7:23pm On Nov 03, 2021
afube:

Tigray has always been in the opposition and fought the Mengistu government for decades, yes they lost power in an election but the Ethiopian federal government should have dialogued instead of sending forces to kill the tigrayns ...................... Buhari better learn from Ethiopian debacle......forces can align differently in times of war..........Tigray started the war alone but they have Oromo region forces as allies and I suspect Egypt may be aiding them as well.

Egypt supports them because of Egypt's desire to see the ccontruction of the dam over the Nile river in Ethiopia stopped as it threatens Egypt's source of fresh water

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by CyberWolf: 7:27pm On Nov 03, 2021
ivolt:

It is in their best interest not to win!
There plan is to seize the capital and force the government into negotiation.
What they don't realize is that the current government is not really in charge
of a vast area of the country and whatever agreement they have will

I don't know why people fear the Fulani who have no real military power.
There is a clear difference between engaging in criminal hide and seek using civilians as a cover and
actually fighting an all-out war where there is nowhere to hide.

The so-called Fulani control over Nigeria's army is exaggerated.
If you don't believe me, google Amnesty international's report on Boko haram war and
the Nigerian army's excesses. The Nigerian army are ruthless regardless of their target.

If in the future, a section of Nigeria decide to behave like the Tigrays, the worst that could happen
is outright disintegration. Any form of military campaign will end in disaster for any would be invader.
What is certain is that the so-called Fulanis will have no army to fight for them.
Impressive. But then, the Tigray people teamed up with Ororo people which is the second ethnic group in Ethiopia and also the Prime Minister is paternally from Ororo tribe which also are fighting for independence, so it’s really a formidable force against Ethiopia as a country and it seems they are winning.
Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by CyberWolf: 7:29pm On Nov 03, 2021
ConqueredWest:

Egypt supports them because of Egypt's desire to see the ccontruction of the dam over the Nile river in Ethiopia stopped as it threatens Egypt's source of fresh water
Wow, that’s another angle. Egypt must be giving them military support…

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Croatian President: Beyond Her Beauty Let Her CV Inspire You..Pics / South Africa Goes Shopping In Nigeria (watch The Space) / U.S. Elects It's First Transgender State Lawmaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.