Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,104 members, 7,953,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:03 PM

Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. (3536 Views)

Tigray: Ethiopian Army Retreats As Rebels Enter The Capital / What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained / Hailemariam Desalegn Resigns As Ethiopia's Prime Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by helinues: 7:31pm On Nov 03, 2021
CyberWolf:
I think Ojukwu declared Independence because of the pogrom, correct me if I’m wrong. What made Adaka Boro to declare independence? I want to learn…

You first said that Tigray people are like Fulani people and you don’t substantiate that, now you jumped over to SE.. hmmmm

To start with, what excuse is Kanu giving for demanding Biafra from Nigeria?

Who are the acclaimed people holding Biafra of Independent? What's their population % in Nigeria.

Every secessionists have their own excuse of declaring a new nation, whether right or wrong, Boko's excuse was about how his tribe are being mis treated by the majority in old Eastern region not even because of Nigeria in whole.

Who was the majority tribe back then in the old Eastern region?
Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by ivolt: 7:37pm On Nov 03, 2021
CyberWolf:
Impressive. But then, the Tigray people teamed up with Ororo people which is the second ethnic group in Ethiopia and also the Prime Minister is paternally from Ororo tribe which also are fighting for independence, so it’s really a formidable force against Ethiopia as a country and it seems they are winning.
There are a lot of secessionist groups in Ethiopia.
Some even have soldiers guarding their area with no government forces present.
They have been fighting for years and have good military experience.

While these group don't hate the PM, at the same time, they
don't want to commit to a national fight.
All that will change should the Tigray take over.
Those groups will be ruthless in expelling Tigray fighters and they cannot be
threatened by the UN or US because they don't care.
Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by CyberWolf: 7:41pm On Nov 03, 2021
helinues:

To start with, what excuse is Kanu giving for demanding Biafra from Nigeria?

Who are the acclaimed people holding Biafra of Independent? What's their population % in Nigeria.

Every secessionists have their own excuse of declaring a new nation, whether right or wrong, Boko's excuse was about how his tribe are being mis treated by the majority in old Eastern region not even because of Nigeria in whole.

Who was the majority tribe back then in the old Eastern region?
My brother this is not about Kanu, I didn’t relate this thread to that, you are the one bringing that in. You first mentioned Fulanis and then switched to Ojukwu declaring independence and now you brought it down to Kanu. It’s not about the population of people declaring Independence, it’s about the motive. You mentioned about Fulanis but refused to speak on that further. Then you switched on Ojukwu and I told you from the many books written about the civil war, I told you that Biafra independence was declared because of the pogrom which the Nigerian government at the time was not willing to adreess/stop and also even when agreement was reached at Aburi by the two rulers at the time. You didn’t counter that and you jumped over to Kanu… See eeh, I’m not ready to talk about Kanu because his case is in court and I don’t support his violent approach, check my posts, I’ve spoken against that many times.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by funkybroyouknow: 7:42pm On Nov 03, 2021
CyberWolf:
Well you maybe right but I’m really surprised that they are closing in on Addis Ababa and diplomats there already fleeing.. Tigray is supposed to be a small geographical area of the country, I don’t know how they made so much gains inwards and close to the capital.
the tigrayans were the nucleus of the ethiopian army generals, and the tigrayans have combat and guerilla experience as they (TPLF) were the main force that uprooted the derg (communist government) back in the ethiopian civil war in the 80s
Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by helinues: 7:43pm On Nov 03, 2021
CyberWolf:
My brother this is not about Kanu, I didn’t relate this thread to that, you are the one bringing that in. You first mentioned Fulanis and then switched to Ojukwu declaring independence and now you brought it down to Kanu. It’s not about the population of people declaring Independence, it’s about the motive. You mentioned about Fulanis but refused to speak on that further. Then you switched on Ojukwu and I told you from the many books written about the civil war, I told you that Biafra independence was declared because of the pogrom which the Nigerian government at the time was not willing to adreess/stop and also even when agreement was reached at Aburi by the two rulers at the time. You didn’t counter that and you jumped over to Kanu… See eeh, I’m not ready to talk about Kanu because his case is in court and I don’t support his violent approach, check my posts, I’ve spoken against that many times.

It means you are unable to connect the dots.

Read all slowly this time
Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by CyberWolf: 7:46pm On Nov 03, 2021
ivolt:

There are a lot of secessionist groups in Ethiopia.
Some even have soldiers guarding their area with no government forces present.
They have been fighting for years and have good military experience.

While these group don't hate the PM, at the same time, they
don't want to commit to a national fight.
All that will change should the Tigray take over.
Those groups will be ruthless in expelling Tigray fighters and they cannot be
threatened by the UN or US because they don't care.
So in essence, the Ethiopian government didn’t invade those other groups because they didn’t declare independence even though they have armies guarding their area. Well I think with this Tigray/Ororo people seemed victory if it comes, they will only have peace once they focus on their respective regions and don’t try to forcefully invade other tribes.. Well in few days to come, we will know.
Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by CyberWolf: 7:49pm On Nov 03, 2021
helinues:

It means you are unable to connect the dots.

Read all slowly this time
You are simply trying very hard to turn this to IPOB issue which you are known for but I know you very well. Others are are making their points with facts on ground but only you started from Fulani (refused to speak further on that for reasons known to you) , to Ojukwu and then ended up with Kanu which I already suspected. Well to whatever makes you sleep well. The fact is that Ethiopia is in trouble currently and only good leadership can help.

4 Likes

Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by Bizibi(m): 7:49pm On Nov 03, 2021
ivolt:

More lies.
Tigray are election losers claiming persecution.
mtcheeeeew
Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by Brimstone77: 7:50pm On Nov 03, 2021
helinues:

The Nobel Laureate award is what is probably making Abby not to act with full force cos of the innocent citizens. They can be easily crushed cos none of the East African countries are on Tigray side.

Where were the Tigray people when Ethiopia had their recent inauguration which Buhari attended
I don't really no where you are getting your own news from...

The Ethiopian president already accused Sudan and Egypt of fighting along side tigrays,the world powers including un are solidly behind the tigray,just recently Joe Biden was threatening to sanction Ethiopia for war crime,last week Ethiopian war jet targeted civilian area in tigray capital which many world power condemned...

Get your fact right...

Just like Nigeria Ethiopia is going down..

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by CyberWolf: 7:51pm On Nov 03, 2021
funkybroyouknow:

the tigrayans were the nucleus of the ethiopian army generals, and the tigrayans have combat and guerilla experience as they (TPLF) were the main force that uprooted the derg (communist government) back in the ethiopian civil war in the 80s
This communist government then, are they Ethiopians or foreigners?
Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by Awkabigboy: 7:51pm On Nov 03, 2021
CyberWolf:
Me Fulani boy grin
Yes you're a full blooded terrorist fulani boy like Tigray people like fulanis
Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by helinues: 7:53pm On Nov 03, 2021
CyberWolf:
You are simply trying very hard to turn this to IPOB issue which you are known for but I know you very well. Others are are making their points with facts on ground but only you started from Fulani (refused to speak further on that for reasons known to you) , to Ojukwu and then ended up with Kanu which I already suspectedbto whatever makes you sleep well. The fact is that Ethiopia is in trouble currently and only good leadership can help.

If you can be taking your time to be typing this epistle, you could as well re read all my comments on this thread, then connect the dots about how Fulani, Igbo and Tigray people share some things in common
Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by CyberWolf: 7:53pm On Nov 03, 2021
Brimstone77:
I don't really no where you are getting your own news from...

The Ethiopian president already accused Sudan and Egypt of fighting along side tigrays,the world powers including un are solidly behind the tigray,just recently Joe Biden was threatening to sanction Ethiopia for war crime,last week Ethiopian war jet targeted civilian area in tigray capital which many world power condemned...

Get your fact right...

Just like Nigeria Ethiopia is going down..
Another angle, are you sure? If yes, that’s interesting..

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by Awkabigboy: 7:53pm On Nov 03, 2021
ConqueredWest:

You are wrong

Tigray declared independence like the Biafrans only for Ethiopia to invade the new nation the way Nigeria is invading Biafra with jihadists Nigerian military
You know nothing, the Tigray people have been ruling Ethiopia just like your fulani people and when they lost out they decided to cause war.i know you will support them bc they're like your worthless jihadist fulani people, spits
Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by Awkabigboy: 7:54pm On Nov 03, 2021
afube:

Tigray has always been in the opposition and fought the Mengistu government for decades, yes they lost power in an election but the Ethiopian federal government should have dialogued instead of sending forces to kill the tigrayns ...................... Buhari better learn from Ethiopian debacle......forces can align differently in times of war..........Tigray started the war alone but they have Oromo region forces as allies and I suspect Egypt may be aiding them as well.
Lol,Tigray people started the fight first if you don't know. Even the president is Oromo tribe
Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by CyberWolf: 7:55pm On Nov 03, 2021
helinues:

If you can be taking your time to be typing this epistle, you could as well re read all my comments on this thread, then connect the dots about how Fulani, Igbo and Tigray people share some things in common
I’m focused on what is happening in Ethiopia and it’s economic impact on Nigeria, I’m not after it’s similarities to Independent agitators in Nigeria here, you can create a new trade to debate on that.

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by CyberWolf: 7:57pm On Nov 03, 2021
Awkabigboy:

Yes you're a full blooded terrorist fulani boy like Tigray people like fulanis
Hmmm whatever makes you sleep well at night…
Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by funkybroyouknow: 7:58pm On Nov 03, 2021
CyberWolf:
I watched a news anchor on this crisis this morning on Aljazera and from the press report on ground, the situation is very serious.
yes the situation is very dire for the ethiopians, america and russia have already issued statements for their citizens to leave the country. Tigrayans and their oromo allies are moving onto debre birhan (last major city before addis ababa). One must wonder how bad the pontential civil war and spillover will be if ethiopia does fall apart. theres a good online map that tracks the war in real time,
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1q-M9x3Kshld2Ys36jDU0Y45TmvE7E0km&hl=en&ll=9.550926791728227%2C39.84385457217262&z=9
Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by Awkabigboy: 7:59pm On Nov 03, 2021
CyberWolf:
Hmmm whatever makes you sleep well at night…
The fulani terrorist has been bursted , try harder next time cheesy
Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by funkybroyouknow: 8:04pm On Nov 03, 2021
CyberWolf:
This communist government then, are they Ethiopians or foreigners?
they were ethiopians, but with a slight favoritism towards amharas
Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by CyberWolf: 8:06pm On Nov 03, 2021
funkybroyouknow:

they were ethiopians, but with a slight favoritism towards amharas
Okay I understand that now. It’s really a trying time for Ethiopians.
Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by dettolgel: 8:07pm On Nov 03, 2021
CyberWolf:
Omo I don’t know ooo, maybe full blown civil war which is not good for the country. Ethiopia is one the lights of Africa and they don’t deserve that. Also I think many goods coming from China via sea passes somewhere around Ethiopia, I may be wrong…

Ethiopia has no access to the sea they pay Eritrea to use her seaport.
Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by CyberWolf: 8:09pm On Nov 03, 2021
Awkabigboy:

The fulani terrorist has been bursted , try harder next time cheesy
You are new on NL if not, you will know of our Numerous fights fights here during the build out to 2015 election. I was very active here defending GEJ against these supporters of APC idiots.. Many people I fought against that time has since disabled their account or are no longer active. So run along..

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by CyberWolf: 8:10pm On Nov 03, 2021
dettolgel:

Ethiopia has no access to the sea they pay Eritrea to use her seaport.
okay but I’m more interested about goods coming to West Africa so they won’t be affected if Ethiopia falls or not?
Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by Quiny32323: 8:15pm On Nov 03, 2021
helinues:

Perhaps you have not been following the events in Ethiopia.

For Abby to win Peace Nobel Laureate award, he was willing to dialogue with Tigray people but those people think too much of themselves. Probably relying on the obsolete weapons the had when they were in power.

The world leaders are behind Abby cos they have seen his sincerity on this issue

The same baby us is warning seriously, he under rated those warlords and was thinking the blockade and communication breakdown will help but those guys are born fighters.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by thatigboman1: 8:19pm On Nov 03, 2021
CyberWolf:
Omo I don’t know ooo, maybe full blown civil war which is not good for the country. Ethiopia is one the lights of Africa and they don’t deserve that. Also I think many goods coming from China via sea passes somewhere around Ethiopia, I may be wrong…
Ethiopia has no sea. After Eritrea, the coastal area, broke away and gained independence, Ethiopia became landlocked and disbanded their navy.

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopia's Prime Minister Calls On Citizens As Tigray Rebels Makes Gains.. by helinues: 8:20pm On Nov 03, 2021
Quiny32323:

The same baby us is warning seriously, he under rated those warlords and was thinking the blockade and communication breakdown will help but those guys are born fighters.

Born fighters to die for nothing. Tigray people can't defeat the world cos Abby has the world behind his back

Know that and have peace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Shocking Map Shows How Israel Took Over Palestine Since 1947 / . / US Navy: Sitting Ducks In Future Cyberwars?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.