Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,683 members, 7,813,270 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding (54835 Views)

Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me / Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) / Prowess Engineering On Ikoyi Building Collapse: Why We Withdrew Further Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by doggedfighter(f): 8:00am On Nov 04, 2021
poiZon:

I don't even understand the english mr pascal wrote here.

He said in a brand new tragic improvement grin

I have been laughing since.

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by Awkabigboy: 8:00am On Nov 04, 2021
Scottz:
I don’t get all these kind of news
A lot of people died so please as you channel your energy to find out about a particular individual that died, kindly do the same to other victims like the laborers.

Why would dozens of people die and then because one of them is probably in the spotlight, you make it look like the person is any better than the other victims. So it’s like saying oh she shouldn’t have died because she was to wed she was the PA to the owner of the building hence, her death is not supposed to happen. What about the other victims the poor ones the laborers looking for what to eat why can’t you find out how many children they’ve left behind, how poor they are, etc

Rip to the dead it’s such a sad one but when things like this occur stop singling out certain individuals and telling us their status before they died. It makes no sense.
God go protect us Amen
These things aren't hard,people mourn their people differently. Bring your candidate who died to Nairaland and MODs will put it at FP, is it a competition to now Die?

3 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by Zainabthegirl1(f): 8:01am On Nov 04, 2021
May her soul rest in perfect peace �
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by doggedfighter(f): 8:01am On Nov 04, 2021
Tokskob2008:

As in seriously.... "She was among those who misplaced there lives"

He started with in a brand new tragic improvement grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by oglalasioux(m): 8:01am On Nov 04, 2021
OP's English has made the mourning worse. RIP to the departed.

7 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by Lovenorth: 8:01am On Nov 04, 2021
It is always better to write in simple but grammatically correct English than to fake being a professional writer and end up writing rubbish

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by Ishilove: 8:02am On Nov 04, 2021
lexy2014:

No be small thingses
I'm suspecting the guy doesn't speak English. He most likely used Google translate, which is why 'rest in peace' was transliterated to 'relaxation in peace'.

5 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by adedayourt(m): 8:02am On Nov 04, 2021
When you say someone "misplaced" her life.

That's gross and very insensitive thing to say.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by arewaseye: 8:03am On Nov 04, 2021
This is very unfortunate. Oluwa nkan ta ma je la n wa lo, ma je ka pade oun to ma je wa. Amin. (God as we go out to hustle for what we will eat, do not let us encounter what will devour us. Amen).

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by delightglobal(m): 8:04am On Nov 04, 2021
what a tragedy
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by Scottz: 8:05am On Nov 04, 2021
Awkabigboy:

These things aren't hard,people mourn their people differently. Bring your candidate who died to Nairaland and MODs will put it at FP, is it a competition to now Die?
when you read to understand come I’ll give you proper response cos I have no clue of the filths written here undecided

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by ufotty2001: 8:06am On Nov 04, 2021
That is why u need to thank God when u are still unemployed.. u don't know what God is keeping for u

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by CasNova: 8:06am On Nov 04, 2021
REST IN PEACE. WHAT A LIFE.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by gonkin(m): 8:06am On Nov 04, 2021
Fine working class girl just die like that. This one pain me.

3 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by Acidosis(m): 8:06am On Nov 04, 2021
Paschal232:
In a brand new tragic improvement, a 26-year-old woman recognized as Onyinye Enekwe, is reported to be among the many individuals who misplaced their lives, within the 21-storey constructing that collapsed on Monday, November 1, in Ikoyi space of Lagos State.

If you must use online paraphrasing tools, summarizers, article rewriters, and other related bots, at least learn to double check your results.

5 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by bong4(m): 8:09am On Nov 04, 2021
Paschal232:
In a brand new tragic improvement, a 26-year-old woman recognized as Onyinye Enekwe, is reported to be among the many individuals who misplaced their lives, within the 21-storey constructing that collapsed on Monday, November 1, in Ikoyi space of Lagos State.
Onyinye, whose wedding ceremony was slated for subsequent month, solely simply received employed to work as a private assistant, few days earlier than the unlucky incident occurred.
A supply mentioned,

“Oyin is without doubt one of the those that was trapped within the collapsed constructing. Her corpse was discovered this morning, November 3.

She was employed to work as a private assistant for the developer, Femi Osibona, and she or he resumed work on Friday, November 29, 2021, she has not collected any wage from this employment. She lived at In the past palace means, Okoya, they provided her lodging in Ikoyi due to the space and in addition, a month-to-month wage of N150ok.

Her wedding ceremony is approaching this December, her household has even given the husband’s household their record. Might her soul Relaxation in Peace.”

Sad loss! May your soul rest in peace. Amazes me how this terrible English was used to narrate this event.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by SenecaTheYonger: 8:09am On Nov 04, 2021
Scottz:
I don’t get all these kind of news
A lot of people died so please as you channel your energy to find out about a particular individual that died, kindly do the same to other victims like the laborers.

Why would dozens of people die and then because one of them is probably in the spotlight, you make it look like the person is any better than the other victims. So it’s like saying oh she shouldn’t have died because she was to wed she was the PA to the owner of the building hence, her death is not supposed to happen. What about the other victims the poor ones the laborers looking for what to eat why can’t you find out how many children they’ve left behind, how poor they are, etc

Rip to the dead it’s such a sad one but when things like this occur stop singling out certain individuals and telling us their status before they died. It makes no sense.
God go protect us Amen

It pays to be beautiful. You always steal the spotlight in life and in death
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by AmazingELixir: 8:11am On Nov 04, 2021
[[s]quote author=Eriokanmi post=107316806]Sad! I suspect sabotage....purely an orchestrated act. Same contractors engaged in the UK and South African edifices which still stand strong were also employed to handle the ikoyi building project so as to maintain same quality standards. Incidentally, the collapse took place while they were all having a crucial meeting in the building. The Italian partner who was there at the time also was vast in building projects in other countries in the west. From the works of Cappa and D'Alberto, an Italian construction giants who had been with us for nearly a century, we could attest to Italian quality standards when it comes to high-rise building construction.

I hope the governor will be able to spread the nets of intelligence around and come out with a veritable report else, in our very eyes in Lagos, more will still happen and we'd blame it on use of substandard materials or compromise. Terrorists are superb in their plans. [/quote][/s]

This is no platform to package and exonerate your benefactors from obvious culpability.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by Sharatan(m): 8:11am On Nov 04, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Sad! I suspect sabotage....purely an orchestrated act. Same contractors engaged in the UK and South African edifices which still stand strong were also employed to handle the ikoyi building project so as to maintain same quality standards. Incidentally, the collapse took place while they were all having a crucial meeting in the building. The Italian partner who was there at the time also was vast in building projects in other countries in the west. From the works of Cappa and D'Alberto, an Italian construction giants who had been with us for nearly a century, we could attest to Italian quality standards when it comes to high-rise building construction.

I hope the governor will be able to spread the nets of intelligence around and come out with a veritable report else, in our very eyes in Lagos, more will still happen and we'd blame it on use of substandard materials or compromise. Terrorists are superb in their plans.

Everything should not be viewed as conspiracy. Shit happens you know
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 04, 2021

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by mediclife1987(m): 8:13am On Nov 04, 2021
house10s:
sorry i really need to know.

I thought it was an uncompleted building, why all the normal people but hardly builders

Are you thinking what I'm thinking �?
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by churro: 8:14am On Nov 04, 2021
Ooye12:
Rip why this tinz no happen for midnight

Cos no movement on an already weakened structure at night
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by Ajibel(m): 8:14am On Nov 04, 2021
I was supposed to mourn for the passing lady, I ended up laughing over the poorly written grammar the blogger used. I feel the blogger used a software for the report, that changed some words with its synonyms.

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by jaxxy(m): 8:15am On Nov 04, 2021
The mod that moved this to front page no try sha undecided

3 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by franugo(m): 8:16am On Nov 04, 2021
Paschal232:
In a brand new tragic improvement, a 26-year-
A supply mentioned,

“hold their record. Might her soul Relaxation in Peace.”

So sad...RIP beautyfull.

@op, kindly proofread before posting. The errors in this piece are destabilizing.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by Ajibel(m): 8:16am On Nov 04, 2021
Acidosis:

If you must use online paraphrasing tools, summarizers, article rewriters, and other related bots, at least learn to double check your results.

Exactly, that's what the blogger used. He must have lifted the post from another blog and so as not to be caught plagiarizing, decided to use an article rewriter software.

4 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by Brimstone77: 8:23am On Nov 04, 2021
Paschal232:
Onyinye, whose wedding ceremony was slated for subsequent month, solely simply received employed to work as a private assistant, few days earlier than the unlucky incident occurred.
A supply mentioned,

“Oyin is without doubt one of the those that was trapped within the collapsed constructing. Her corpse was discovered this morning, November 3.

She was employed to work as a private assistant for the developer, Femi Osibona, and she or he resumed work on Friday, November 29, 2021, she has not collected any wage from this employment. She lived at In the past palace means, Okoya, they provided her lodging in Ikoyi due to the space and in addition, a month-to-month wage of N150ok.

Her wedding ceremony is approaching this December, her household has even given the husband’s household their record. Might her soul Relaxation in Peace.”
I don't understand this paragraph...

Did she resume work in the future??

And why did you use he or she when it's obvious she is a she

Her corps was found on 3-11-2021..
And she resumed work on 29-11-2021..

Rip to her..death is the price ever mortal will pay sooner or later!! cry

3 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by NaijaNaWaa: 8:24am On Nov 04, 2021
Op committed murder with his/her grammar and style. Relaxation in peace?

Anyway… May their souls RIP

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by zikter(m): 8:25am On Nov 04, 2021
What exactly is the work of moderators on this forum? How on earth did this disjointed senseless post made it to the front page? The OP may be useless here, but there are no words to describe the mod that push this to the front page

6 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by Mrbenny001: 8:25am On Nov 04, 2021
I was at the scene yesterday..the sight of it is very terrible...the rescue operation is too slow and frustrating to look at ..4 days now they are still half way

3 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by tonyashburton: 8:26am On Nov 04, 2021
Chai see God's work wasted just like that.Abeg who posted this update?I want to ask him or hwrafew questions.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by Annie001: 8:26am On Nov 04, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Sad! I suspect sabotage....purely an orchestrated act. Same contractors engaged in the UK and South African edifices which still stand strong were also employed to handle the ikoyi building project so as to maintain same quality standards. Incidentally, the collapse took place while they were all having a crucial meeting in the building. The Italian partner who was there at the time also was vast in building projects in other countries in the west. From the works of Cappa and D'Alberto, an Italian construction giants who had been with us for nearly a century, we could attest to Italian quality standards when it comes to high-rise building construction.

I hope the governor will be able to spread the nets of intelligence around and come out with a veritable report else, in our very eyes in Lagos, more will still happen and we'd blame it on use of substandard materials or compromise. Terrorists are superb in their plans.
Conspiracy theorist.
You all will be fine

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Owner Of Collapsed Lagos School Building Rescued / Omemma Ojoto: Meet The Igbo Man Developing The Biggest Estate In VGC Lagos / Professionals In The Building And Construction Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.