Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,496 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding (54839 Views)

Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me / Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) / Prowess Engineering On Ikoyi Building Collapse: Why We Withdrew Further Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by Mayeldah(m): 12:37pm On Nov 04, 2021
Who wrote this news? OP be careful

this your grammar na wa.

anyway, rest well young lady
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by Prophet777: 12:42pm On Nov 04, 2021
RIP dear pretty lady...
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by xjiggy: 12:46pm On Nov 04, 2021
I tried to read the write up and I tell you, I've never seen English so Bastardized in such small content. No be by force to write in English. Sofri sofri use pidgin wey allow for jargon.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by Rahkman: 12:48pm On Nov 04, 2021
I thought they said she ain't dead yet
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by AngelicBeing: 12:53pm On Nov 04, 2021
angry
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 04, 2021
Mavor:

No one asked you. Don't make this thread about you please.
that's my personal opinion, make your own opinion and don't counter mine you (SIMP)
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by Sirmedie(m): 2:07pm On Nov 04, 2021
May her soul RIP
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by Quiny32323: 3:02pm On Nov 04, 2021
Competence5050:
Rip miss onyi, but the private assistant thing is a no no no for me...

I swear!!! I dont get it.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by alexco55(m): 3:43pm On Nov 04, 2021
RIP to all those who died in the collapse building
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by kennysalah: 4:07pm On Nov 04, 2021
So painful �, may God forgive all her sins �
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by Pataricatering(f): 6:53pm On Nov 04, 2021
Competence5050:
Rip miss onyi, but the private assistant thing is a no no no for me...
pls shut up .
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by jubilegend(m): 7:38pm On Nov 04, 2021
Ahhhhhh. See beta kpekus wer loss just like dat. Dis life no correspond
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by Doncaniboy: 7:39pm On Nov 04, 2021
I hope they have arrested Femi. That man deserves jail for the rest of his life. People don't know Life is a priceless Commodity and Here in Nigeria, it is worthless.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by Awkabigboy: 11:09pm On Nov 04, 2021
petitejolie:
I tire for some people. Dey must surely complain. He or she should go there and bring names of labourers so we can talk about their deaths too . Very myopic reasoning
Honestly very myopic and backward thinking , smh
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by Konquest: 10:54pm On Nov 05, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Sad! I suspect sabotage....purely an orchestrated act. Same contractors engaged in the UK and South African edifices which still stand strong were also employed to handle the ikoyi building project so as to maintain same quality standards. Incidentally, the collapse took place while they were all having a crucial meeting in the building. The Italian partner who was there at the time also was vast in building projects in other countries in the west. From the works of Cappa and D'Alberto, an Italian construction giants who had been with us for nearly a century, we could attest to Italian quality standards when it comes to high-rise building construction.

I hope the governor will be able to spread the nets of intelligence around and come out with a veritable report else, in our very eyes in Lagos, more will still happen and we'd blame it on use of substandard materials or compromise. Terrorists are superb in their plans.
Just like you @Eriokanmi, I'm still stunned because since 1997, the Mayflower School, Ikenne and British-educated 55-year-old 'Femi Osibona has a pedigree of buying up lands and erecting solid multi-storey buildings in the UK, U.S.A, South Africa, Nigeria. I mean this gentleman was a dogged and savvy
NGN billionare businessman.

The U.S. and China have incidentally had skyscraper collapses in 2021. Miami had a partial collapse of a 12-storey building on June 24 with 98 people losing their lives!

Just a little error in construction
or sabotage can bring down a
high-rise. I still remember how in
the early 1990s, the U.S. Army first Gulf War veteran, Timothy McVeigh used fertiliser explosives packed
in a rented vehicle to destroy the
Alfred Murray Centre building. While watching the breaking news and live updates on CNN, we all though it was an Islamist terror attack on American soil!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by aswani(m): 9:07am On Nov 06, 2021
house10s:
sorry i really need to know.

I thought it was an uncompleted building, why all the normal people but hardly builders

I suspect some of the building was used as an Admin block of sorts.

Maybe parts of the Ground floor had been temporary converted and used for that purpose.

It's normal with some building sites that they quickly build the first house or flat as a "show home" with a temporary structure or even parts of it as Reception.

Once the site is done with, the builders sell it and move on to the next site.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding by Paschal232(m): 11:15pm On Nov 13, 2021
Join us on Facebook to get latest post and, we are doing airtime giveaway tomorrow..
Join now and be part of the giveaway.
https://www./1173862329452137/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Owner Of Collapsed Lagos School Building Rescued / Omemma Ojoto: Meet The Igbo Man Developing The Biggest Estate In VGC Lagos / Professionals In The Building And Construction Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.