Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,428 members, 7,836,722 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Stop Lending Money To People In Naira - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Stop Lending Money To People In Naira (34784 Views)

How Can I Stop Lending Money To Friends And Family? / Ugandan Bank Accused Of Lending Money To Dead Man / Should I Stop Lending People Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by nairabacks(f): 8:50am On Nov 05, 2021
The OP is simply overstating the obvious
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by donhils: 8:50am On Nov 05, 2021
kinglee007:
And after we have signed the agreement, what are the odds that the dollar might not fall as a result of change in World Economic Policy that might arise due to severe climate change, draught, unpredicted war, or financial stability in Nigeria leading to a rise in the Naira?

Who e go favour?
But we haven't witnessed such in a long time
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 05, 2021
kinglee007:
And after we have signed the agreement, what are the odds that the dollar might not fall as a result of change in World Economic Policy that might arise due to severe climate change, draught, unpredicted war, or financial stability in Nigeria leading to a rise in the Naira?

Who e go favour?
cheesy
You must be kidding right?
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by golor(m): 8:54am On Nov 05, 2021
princepee:
3.5m car in 2018 will loose it's value in 2021.
A car is not an asset.

Shut up ,I bought a Nigeria used Camry 2.4 .. 650k do some body work let say everything cost me 1m. Now people de beg me for 1.5 m I de make yanga cause I never get money to add buy the one I want...then it was 1.9m foreign used now it's 2.5-2.6 ....the op is correct..I personally don't know how sound piggyvest is..I intend to safe der with dollar.
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by motymop: 9:00am On Nov 05, 2021
golor:

Shut up ,I bought a Nigeria used Camry 2.4 .. 650k do some body work let say everything cost me 1m. Now people de beg me for 1.5 m I de make yanga cause I never get money to add buy the one I want...then it was 1.9m foreign used now it's 2.5-2.6 ....the op is correct..I personally don't know how sound piggyvest is..I intend to safe der with dollar.

You are a cheat and a greedy fellow.

So you want to sell your Nigerian used car for almost the same price as foreign used.

So you also want to charge in dollars, i wish you good luck.

I wonder Why do you greedy people do not calculate for naira inflation rate to collect your debt back but rather use exchange rate?
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by golor(m): 9:09am On Nov 05, 2021
motymop:

You are a cheat and a greedy fellow.

So you want to sell your Nigerian used car for almost the same price as foreign used.

So you also want to charge in dollars, i wish you good luck.

I wonder Why do you greedy people do not calculate for naira inflation rate to collect your debt back but rather use exchange rate?

U don't HV to be a cheat or greedy for this country to Bleep u up ...either way if will still Bleep u up.just be smart so u don't get screwed badly .
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by Penboy: 9:09am On Nov 05, 2021
GAZZUZZ:
The title might seem unpatriotic, but not entirely so.

Quick story

In 2018 I sold an SUV to a friend at 3.5m, he paid 2m and said he would balance up in the future.

Fast forward to 2021 October he pays me ₦1m with a pending balance of ₦500,000.

Vehicle sold in 2018 is now ₦5.3m in 2021.

Lesson learnt.

Going forward all transactions that have to do with pending payments will be signed as dollar equivalents .

Meaning if you want to take a loan or owe me large sums of money E.g ₦1m (sept 2021 2,433.5799 US Dollars) all we will do is check current dollar rate and peg repayment on the dollar equivalent in the future (2,433.5799 US Dollars)

The end

Or I will borrow you the money in USDT and you'll pay back in USDT.
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by THURAFTERNOON: 9:11am On Nov 05, 2021
Readability:

Way to go bro. My brother borrowed me 500k in the month of May this year, due to be paid year ending. I know the money would be chicken change by then, because I bought dollar with it at the rate of 487 and traded it for SOL at $15. We all now dollar's 560+ now. grin grin grin grin

Wow congrats and smart of u my bro.If you are still HODLING all SOL u bought at $15 then, you should be up by over $15k now. Big win 4 u congrats again bro

1 Like

Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by Penboy: 9:12am On Nov 05, 2021
princepee:
A car is not an asset.

Go and price Toyota corolla 2005.. From last year and compare with this year.

Nigeria defies economics bro!

1 Like

Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by Valuc: 9:18am On Nov 05, 2021
Maybe he sud have kept his car till today or keep it till dollar reaches 100000000000000000000 to 1 naira ...
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by NamelessOGBENI(m): 9:23am On Nov 05, 2021
BiafranBushBoy:

Most times I lend money, knowing that they won’t pay back… so they won’t have to ask me for money again.

Win Win Situation.
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by Oceanfield: 9:28am On Nov 05, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Quick story

In 2018 I sold an SUV to a friend at 3.5m, he paid 2m and said he would balance up in the future.

Lesson learnt.

Going forward all transactions that have to do with pending payments will be signed as dollar equivalents .

Meaning if you want to take a loan or owe me large sums of money E.g ₦1m (sept 2021 2,433.5799 US Dollars) all we will do is check current dollar rate and peg repayment on the dollar equivalent in the future (2,433.5799 US Dollars)

The end

I concurr.
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by cmecproblem(m): 9:30am On Nov 05, 2021
The guy saying he lends people money so they won't pay back and he'll be free from them never jam some people. They'll come and try to borrow more even with pending debt. No concience.

1 Like

Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by Pataricatering(f): 9:36am On Nov 05, 2021
BiafranBushBoy:

Sorry about your situation.

People are just so unreliable and can’t be trusted.

Good decision going forward.

Most times I lend money, knowing that they won’t pay back… so they won’t have to ask me for money again.

Win Win Situation.
abi o . When the person has spoilt things by not paying back - they can't come back and ask again.
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by IdeasPro(m): 9:56am On Nov 05, 2021
MRDEE01:
Same as saving money.
Save in dollars

Hello nairalanders.
I am an experienced bolt driver based in abuja.

I am looking for a partner who can provide me a car to drive on Bolt platform,either on weekly remittance or hire purchase basis.

Thank you.

Saving money in dollars with majority of Nigerian banks does not yield interest because domiciliary account is operated as a current account, In short, it's tied to your current account.
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by Athemisia: 10:00am On Nov 05, 2021
princepee:
A car is not an asset.
Which part of the world are you? I guess you are not in Nigeria.
The op, just told you that a car sold of 3.5m is now selling for 5.3m and you are saying a car is not an asset in this present Nigeria economy catastrophe I beg to differ.
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by Athemisia: 10:02am On Nov 05, 2021
IdeasPro:

Saving money in dollars with majority of Nigerian banks does not yield interest because domiciliary account is operated as a current account, In short, it's tied to your current account.
It doesn't really need to be in Nigeria Banks. There are reliable apps of which one can save in dollars.
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by AyarmBoye(m): 10:05am On Nov 05, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Quick story

Lesson learnt.

The end

this is what eel call hedging
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 05, 2021
Praktikals:

My dear friend and brother from another mother. Hope you re hale and hearty. Abeg i fit see ₦200k for your hand? I go return am by month end
okey
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 05, 2021
Adadioranma79:
Come and borrow me 200k

we can make arrangement for it e depends on u cool
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by prigoz(m): 10:18am On Nov 05, 2021
OPUSDEI1:
What if finally bubu now makes #1 to $1?
In the dream Land

Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by ugotaya: 10:31am On Nov 05, 2021
HERE WHAT PASTOR SHOLA SAY ABOUT FAKE SAKAMAJE PASTORS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hFLkaYkGSE
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by Coolgent(m): 10:42am On Nov 05, 2021
princepee:
A car is not an asset.
Judging by the current economic situation of 9ja...
A car is an asset
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by dannybrasky(m): 10:47am On Nov 05, 2021
kinglee007:

Who e go favour?
Highly unlikely.
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by PAQ(m): 10:55am On Nov 05, 2021
Bonesbreaker:
things i don't do lend money to my friend i prefer assisting two i don't give without something to back it up incase you choose to die or disappear,as for friends if you ask me of 200k if i have 50k i give you telling you to pay back if you pay back fine if you no payback awesome too

In order to maintain my relationship with friends this is exactly how i roll. It was borne out of experience.
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by complexBoss12: 11:59am On Nov 05, 2021
MRDEE01:
Same as saving money.
Save in dollars

Hello nairalanders.
I am an experienced bolt driver based in abuja.

I am looking for a partner who can provide me a car to drive on Bolt platform,either on weekly remittance or hire purchase basis.

Thank you.

drop ur email
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by Oludara202: 12:01pm On Nov 05, 2021
Gerrard59:

Unless the company is generating revenues in USD, this doesn't make sense.

Not necessarily being paid in USD but the naira equivalent at any point in time.
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by angelfallz(m): 12:17pm On Nov 05, 2021
Guy you wicked grin
He said na choose to die. Who chooses to die mbok! grin grin grin

Bonesbreaker:
things i don't do lend money to my friend i prefer assisting two i don't give without something to back it up incase you choose to die or disappear,as for friends if you ask me of 200k if i have 50k i give you telling you to pay back if you pay back fine if you no payback awesome too
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by pavoda: 12:23pm On Nov 05, 2021
This should be addressed to the government, most people earn a salary that rarely increases, instead its purchasing power decreases. So if I made projections with a monthly salary of 500k in 2018, estimating that in dollars and compare to now 2021, where it’s less than 1000USD. It’s impossible to make any sense with Naira overall. So essentially one will go bankrupt trying to pay you in dollar equivalent. Best is for people to save in dollars a more stable currency so that you can have less of this crazy inflationary instability with Naira.
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by Gerrard59(m): 12:48pm On Nov 05, 2021
kinglee007:

Nobody ever said it will appreciate against the dollar. But "what if" ( and that's a Big WHAT IF) it gets to become it's equivalent or almost it's equivalent?

It can never happen, not in the next one hundred years. The naira is heading towards the way of the Lebanese Pound.
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by Gerrard59(m): 12:52pm On Nov 05, 2021
Oludara202:

Not necessarily being paid in USD but the naira equivalent at any point in time.

Unless the company's market is developed countries, this is not possible. Why peg salaries to the dollar when the market is Nigeria - world's poverty capital? If a company's major market is Switzerland and it's based in Yenogoa, that's possible not based in Yenogoa and major market is Kogi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

One Reason You're Still Broke As Young Person / 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 / Naira Cards Are Back - Wema Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.