Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:56 AM

Taooma, Josh2funny, Woli Agba, Yemi Elesho, Others Visit Osinbajo - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Taooma, Josh2funny, Woli Agba, Yemi Elesho, Others Visit Osinbajo (44085 Views)

Mohbad: Iyabo Ojo, Kiekie, Foluke Daramola, Others Visit Commissioner Of Police / Woli Agba And Wife, Olaife Celebrate 2nd Wedding Anniversary / #10YearsChallenge: Dele Omo Woli Agba Shares Pictures, Ali Baba Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taooma, Josh2funny, Woli Agba, Yemi Elesho, Others Visit Osinbajo by TheRareGem1(f): 11:04am On Nov 04, 2021
Some of Nigeria’s finest skit comedians paid a courtesy visit to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo at the Aso Villa on Wednesday.

The young Nigerian (comedy) Skit Industry practitioners under the auspices of the Nigeria Skits Industry Awards (NSIA), led by its promoter, Hon. Bimbo Daramola described the VP as a man of the youths.

The delegation included Maryam Apaokagi, popularly known as Taooma; Josh Alfred (Josh2funny); Ayo Ajewole (Woli Agba); Adebamiro Adeyanju (Mr. Hyenana), Adeoye Adeyemi Elesho (Yemi Elesho), among others.

Commending the creativity of the Nigerian youths, Osinbajo said, “I strongly believe that what our young people are doing and what they are capable of, is what will lead our country to where we are meant to be. The future is not tomorrow, it is already here and we can see it from just everything you are doing, the global acclaim that you are getting; young people like yourselves, doing something good.”

Noting that he has watched some of their skits, the VP added, “I think that we have incredible talent and we must do something about it …enable these talents, and we must ask ourselves questions on setting realistic goals that can enable these talents flourish. I must say that just based on the sheer creativity around this, I don’t think that anybody anywhere is as funny as Nigerian comedians,” he said.

Prof. Osinbajo urged the young skit comedians to use their huge following on social media and on the Internet to promote issues for social good and impact, stating that, “everyone with a large following also has a responsibility to draw attention to these issues.”

On the support of government for the creative industry, Osinbajo highlighted the work of the Technology and Creative Advisory group in shaping policies to encourage the growth of the sector.

“Why I think this engagement (with skit comedians) is important is because this is the way to go. Let us sit down and look at all the issues and come out with realistic positions that can then become policies, and what sort of support will be required,” he stated.

The Vice President also addressed a couple of issues that was raised by the youths, including the Twitter ban, the harassment of youths by the police and law enforcement officers and the need to improve the country’s public education system.

On the issue of public education, Osinbajo noted how the FG, through the National Economic Council (NEC), is working in collaboration with state governments to improve public education, including primary and secondary schools which fall under the auspices of state governments.

The VP noted that the Federal Government is already making efforts to address these issues, including resolving the Twitter ban, ensuring that young Nigerians and all Nigerians are protected and their rights respected by law enforcement officers.

Among efforts of government to ensure police reforms, through the mandate of the National Economic Council (NEC), which the VP chairs, state judicial panels were established nationwide to address issues of police brutality and extrajudicial killings, while also providing compensation to victims.

In his remarks, Hon. Daramola thanked the Vice President for receiving the delegation, noting that Prof Osinbajo identified with young people. He described the VP as a man of the youths.

“Your Excellency, this visit shows that you have a heart for young people, and you have changed the dynamic to show government listens to the youths,” he said.

One of the skit comedians, Yemi Elesho, told the VP, “You are a man of the youth. I heard your speech on Monday asking the youths to move on, this is our movement,”

Also speaking on behalf of the skit comedians, Taooma, Woli Agba and others commended the VP for his support of the development of young Nigerians, further commending his youth-centric connection.

The Vice President was later presented with the Awards insignia.

https://www.chronicle.ng/2021/11/taooma-josh2funny-woli-agba-yemi-elesho-others-visit-osinbajo/

13 Likes

Re: Taooma, Josh2funny, Woli Agba, Yemi Elesho, Others Visit Osinbajo by okefranci: 11:08am On Nov 04, 2021
Me too will have opportunity to meet Osinbajo one day,Amen ,congratulations to those artiste

93 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Taooma, Josh2funny, Woli Agba, Yemi Elesho, Others Visit Osinbajo by Jollylolly(f): 11:11am On Nov 04, 2021
Na too tap into my inner core bring one crreative thing meet this man remain o. a sure way to seat with him

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taooma, Josh2funny, Woli Agba, Yemi Elesho, Others Visit Osinbajo by Nanaborga(m): 11:11am On Nov 04, 2021
Osibanjo wan start to use these weak comedians for his campaign now , after few years una go come social media begin complain say una regret una actions during the elections . The same osibanjo that drank sachet milo with bubu during 2014 campaign and promised to change 1Naira to 1 dollar has now become the saint for 2023 presidency , we dey watch una

241 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Taooma, Josh2funny, Woli Agba, Yemi Elesho, Others Visit Osinbajo by Depressed101: 11:38am On Nov 04, 2021
Me too will meet president osinbanjo one day

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taooma, Josh2funny, Woli Agba, Yemi Elesho, Others Visit Osinbajo by Shooyie: 11:44am On Nov 04, 2021
There's something special about Prof Osinbajo that still can't be explained. He has that natural leadership skill of carrying everyone along.

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Taooma, Josh2funny, Woli Agba, Yemi Elesho, Others Visit Osinbajo by Kunlelee: 11:58am On Nov 04, 2021
Na why i dey fear some of this influence turn sub-celeb advert involving politics, they'll just mislead you.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taooma, Josh2funny, Woli Agba, Yemi Elesho, Others Visit Osinbajo by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 04, 2021
Osinbajo is the only short man I like

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taooma, Josh2funny, Woli Agba, Yemi Elesho, Others Visit Osinbajo by JackDaAlienz(m): 12:41pm On Nov 04, 2021
We get plenty undiscovered talents in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Taooma, Josh2funny, Woli Agba, Yemi Elesho, Others Visit Osinbajo by tillaman(m): 12:41pm On Nov 04, 2021
sad

1 Like

Re: Taooma, Josh2funny, Woli Agba, Yemi Elesho, Others Visit Osinbajo by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 04, 2021
The report would been better if they had visited in the company of some visionary & 100% trusted (to be reliable) youths who have political careers.

9 Likes

Re: Taooma, Josh2funny, Woli Agba, Yemi Elesho, Others Visit Osinbajo by iamyemiakins(m): 12:41pm On Nov 04, 2021
How will this reduce the price of gas

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taooma, Josh2funny, Woli Agba, Yemi Elesho, Others Visit Osinbajo by Jonathan39: 12:42pm On Nov 04, 2021
Failure looking for soft landing

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taooma, Josh2funny, Woli Agba, Yemi Elesho, Others Visit Osinbajo by ekanx27(m): 12:42pm On Nov 04, 2021
Re: Taooma, Josh2funny, Woli Agba, Yemi Elesho, Others Visit Osinbajo by Authoreety: 12:43pm On Nov 04, 2021
Ok
Re: Taooma, Josh2funny, Woli Agba, Yemi Elesho, Others Visit Osinbajo by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:43pm On Nov 04, 2021
VP like this kind things

1 Like

Re: Taooma, Josh2funny, Woli Agba, Yemi Elesho, Others Visit Osinbajo by Topzee109: 12:44pm On Nov 04, 2021
they will criticise the government online but when given opportunity to visit them, they become humbled

27 Likes

Re: Taooma, Josh2funny, Woli Agba, Yemi Elesho, Others Visit Osinbajo by babyfaceafrica: 12:45pm On Nov 04, 2021
So what should we do? That's their problem
Re: Taooma, Josh2funny, Woli Agba, Yemi Elesho, Others Visit Osinbajo by JavaScript90: 12:45pm On Nov 04, 2021
Osibanjo deceived Nigerians with buhari in 2015 and he can't perform more than what he has already done in the past six years. We should be rooting for men like peter obi who has a record of visible achievements

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taooma, Josh2funny, Woli Agba, Yemi Elesho, Others Visit Osinbajo by constance500: 12:45pm On Nov 04, 2021
Less intrigued
Re: Taooma, Josh2funny, Woli Agba, Yemi Elesho, Others Visit Osinbajo by huntax(m): 12:46pm On Nov 04, 2021
These people will soon do skit and campaign for APC, after wailing #EndSARS, "who ordered the soldiers" and whatsnots all through.

It's easy for them to go online and go against the government, but if given the chance, they would kiss Buhari's ring and swear their loyalty to him just for money.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taooma, Josh2funny, Woli Agba, Yemi Elesho, Others Visit Osinbajo by Kaa4(m): 12:46pm On Nov 04, 2021
Your meeting with him will turn you to a billionaire in dollars
Depressed101:
Me too will meet president Osinbanjo one day

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taooma, Josh2funny, Woli Agba, Yemi Elesho, Others Visit Osinbajo by Lagosianswag: 12:46pm On Nov 04, 2021
There's something about black & white pictures. Simply Cool Imagery. cool

18 Likes

Re: Taooma, Josh2funny, Woli Agba, Yemi Elesho, Others Visit Osinbajo by rattlesnake(m): 12:47pm On Nov 04, 2021
waste
Re: Taooma, Josh2funny, Woli Agba, Yemi Elesho, Others Visit Osinbajo by sonofanarchy(m): 12:47pm On Nov 04, 2021
everything na asociation for nigeria, which one be skit award?
mtchewwwww

4 Likes

Re: Taooma, Josh2funny, Woli Agba, Yemi Elesho, Others Visit Osinbajo by Hemanwel(m): 12:47pm On Nov 04, 2021
Is it just me? I honestly don't know any of these skit comedians.

BTW:

Oga VP, me too I do skit oh! But with words. Make e for nor lost! Like:

"The definitive defining definition of the depth and density of Professor Yemi Osinbajo is his dexterity with diction and vocabulary". Lolss.

How you see am?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taooma, Josh2funny, Woli Agba, Yemi Elesho, Others Visit Osinbajo by HighWITCH: 12:47pm On Nov 04, 2021
The ideal president.
Re: Taooma, Josh2funny, Woli Agba, Yemi Elesho, Others Visit Osinbajo by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 04, 2021
huntax:
These people will soon do skit and campaign for APC, after wailing #EndSARS, "who ordered the soldiers" and whatsnots all through.

It's easy for them to go online and go against the government, but if given the chance, they would kiss Buhari's ring and swear their loyalty to him just for money.
Is #endsars about politics? Is like you want to shoot yourself in the foot. Freedom of association my friend, you don't own them!

Osinbajo understands the youth, they all went to see their father

#Don'tBlackmailYorubaYouth

5 Likes

Re: Taooma, Josh2funny, Woli Agba, Yemi Elesho, Others Visit Osinbajo by Rayjnr: 12:48pm On Nov 04, 2021
buhari be like, " abeg pack your visitors go under step go snap picture abeg I no want noise here abeg"

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Big Brother Is A Fraud" - Daniella Okeke Reacts As Miracle Wins BBNaija / Juliet Ibrahim Rocks Mexican Attire As She Vacations In Mexico / Alexx Ekubo Cries Over Nigerian Situation (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.