Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,624 members, 7,823,747 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Heavily Armed Troops Patrol Anambra Ahead Of Governorship Election - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heavily Armed Troops Patrol Anambra Ahead Of Governorship Election (46032 Views)

BREAKING: APC Releases List Of Governorship Candidates From 24 States / 2019: PDP Resolves To Change Name After String Of Governorship Losses - This Day / Soldiers Patrol Round Ekiti Town Over Outcome Of Governorship Election. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heavily Armed Troops Patrol Anambra Ahead Of Governorship Election by GardenOfGod(m): 12:57pm On Nov 04, 2021
Someone up there understood my concern and he used his IQ to respond friendly and appropriately. Please get off my mention if you have an insulting toxic disposition.
tyup:

Take ur questions to google and let it cure ur ignorance. Hilux and APC are merely a means of mobility for military folks. how you got to develop them into a weapon is how you should explain to us here
Re: Heavily Armed Troops Patrol Anambra Ahead Of Governorship Election by AyelalaOo(m): 12:58pm On Nov 04, 2021
Na one one bullet dem just lack for body.
May God help the slaves
Re: Heavily Armed Troops Patrol Anambra Ahead Of Governorship Election by Torylanez(m): 12:58pm On Nov 04, 2021
JavaScript90:
Militarization of the state will scare people from voting. This is a wrong strategy, unless the government has perfected plans to rig the polls. Dialogue is always the solution not war.
Hello, I am a fullstack web developer. I develop all types of website. I major in developing complex custom website for businesses and startups. If you have an idea and need a competent programmer to translate your idea into codes, I am the right man for the job.
I also have a nice real estate website for sale specially designed for the Nigerian market
Click my username to see my WhatsApp number on my profile

While forceful sit at home , looting of biscuits , destruction of Igbos businesses and individuals, killing of those who aren't doing sit at home , would cause what ?

2 Likes

Re: Heavily Armed Troops Patrol Anambra Ahead Of Governorship Election by Grandmeister(m): 1:16pm On Nov 04, 2021
seunmsg:

All we want is a peaceful election in Anambra state. Anambrarians are our fellow countrymen and we want them to elect their governor in an atmosphere that is peaceful and devoid of intimidation. If INEC get it right in Anambra, it is a good sign that they will get it right in 2023. BTW, Muslims, Christians and traditional worshipers in Yoruba are the same.
I know your antecedents on this forum but I can't help but agree with you on this. The number one tenet of democracy is voting. Yes Nigeria has a long way to go in order to achieve the level of election transparency in the western world but it is what we have. You can't be against election and still claim to be for a free and fair utopian biafra. That's hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: Heavily Armed Troops Patrol Anambra Ahead Of Governorship Election by Olisehinnocent: 1:17pm On Nov 04, 2021
Igbo land belong to the indigenous people. You can't force us to be with you when you are maltreating us. It's eye for eye, blood for blood. We will fight to restore Biafra. We don't mind what it will cause. It's better we die fighting, than to be invaded by fulani herdsmen.
Ushman333:
Nigeria needs more armed forces.

It is within the powers of the president to declare marshall law, if need be. Democracy was birthed by blood, we can't allow a few hoodlums scare us...they will have to shed their blood.

1 Like

Re: Heavily Armed Troops Patrol Anambra Ahead Of Governorship Election by ArewaNorth: 1:23pm On Nov 04, 2021
GardenOfGod:
I doubt they use such because those terrorists should have been exterminated by now

The war is complicated!
Re: Heavily Armed Troops Patrol Anambra Ahead Of Governorship Election by ArewaNorth: 1:24pm On Nov 04, 2021
GardenOfGod:
I doubt they use such because those terrorists should have been exterminated by now

You are underestimating the gravity of the insurgency from far that is why u say so. In reality there are far more dangerous and sophisticated weapons deployed to North-East but they're not meant for fighting insurgency but a big war. It is very difficult to use 40-barrel to fight a group of terrorists, scattered in bush, 40-barrels are meant for eliminating big towns and cities from far but tanks and other amour vehicles are playing great role in the fight.

A soldier doing operation in the south or any other part of Nigeria who has never been to NE has never seen such kind of weapons except in movies or if opportuned to go abroad for a course!
Re: Heavily Armed Troops Patrol Anambra Ahead Of Governorship Election by Kissiemu(m): 1:31pm On Nov 04, 2021
dettolgel:

I think you guys are missing the point. For IPOB it is not about who wins the election it is about showing the world that people have lost faith in the government. Which means they can't trust the government to protect them so they would rather obey IPOB and stay at home.

In the history of Nigeria, Buhari visit to Imo state was the first time any head of state or president had visited a deserted state.

Even during the height of IBB and Abacha terror they still got a sound ovation when visiting any state.

Despite how Jonathan was criticised he never went to any state without crowd at least crowd with mixed feelings.
Una don begin to change mouth
Re: Heavily Armed Troops Patrol Anambra Ahead Of Governorship Election by discusant: 1:33pm On Nov 04, 2021
Shehuyinka:

https://www.icirnigeria.org/residents-on-the-edge-as-heavily-armed-troops-patrol-anambra-ahead-election/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KjBHa3Tmvk

Armed forces on election duties - mark of a failed country.

How many years more shall we go on with this?
Re: Heavily Armed Troops Patrol Anambra Ahead Of Governorship Election by iLoveYouToo(m): 1:37pm On Nov 04, 2021
If not for the military presence, we all know what would’ve been going on on the streets.
Re: Heavily Armed Troops Patrol Anambra Ahead Of Governorship Election by dettolgel: 1:44pm On Nov 04, 2021
Kissiemu:

Una don begin to change mouth

I suggest you stop taking things at face value. Look at the far reaching consequences. No one is changing mouth.

That is the problem we have in Nigeria. Imagine people collecting 400 naira and a can of malt from politicians. At face value na our let's collect it and chop it. But the implications is that you have just sold four years of your productive life for 400 naira. What happens to chasing the politicians away with his or her meagre bribe and on the day of election make sure you vote him out.

This is not just about the voters but also of the security personnel that will collect 10k bribe each and the cultists that will be hired to snatch the ballot boxes
Re: Heavily Armed Troops Patrol Anambra Ahead Of Governorship Election by dettolgel: 1:46pm On Nov 04, 2021
Grandmeister:

I know your antecedents on this forum but I can't help but agree with you on this. The number one tenet of democracy is voting. Yes Nigeria has a long way to go in order to achieve the level of election transparency in the western world but it is what we have. You can't be against election and still claim to be for a free and fair utopian biafra. That's hypocrisy.

For once let us put on our thinking cap.
Are they against election for the sake of being against election or are they using it as leverage?

Workers use strike as means of disobedience that those not mean that do not want to work?
Re: Heavily Armed Troops Patrol Anambra Ahead Of Governorship Election by Ushman333: 1:50pm On Nov 04, 2021
Olisehinnocent:
Igbo land belong to the indigenous people. You can't force us to be with you when you are maltreating us. It's eye for eye, blood for blood. We will fight to restore Biafra. We don't mind what it will cause. It's better we die , than to be invaded by fulani herdsmen.
I hope you are somewhere in biafra with an AK...you are a bastard if you are a coward keypad warrior.
Re: Heavily Armed Troops Patrol Anambra Ahead Of Governorship Election by Ushman333: 1:51pm On Nov 04, 2021
bdon123:

Islamic terrorist sympathizer spotted
I repeat their blood will be spilled.
Re: Heavily Armed Troops Patrol Anambra Ahead Of Governorship Election by Tomek09(m): 1:54pm On Nov 04, 2021
RuggedBiafran:
This obsession is too much. Does it mean that these AFONJANESTERN miscreants and their useless KOGI based miscreants cant channel all their energy towards the impending turmoil in Ondo and Oyo States??

In ONDO the army has left their ROADS.....at the mercy of FULANI BANDITS.....their obsession is IPOB.

IN OYO FULANI HERDSMEN HAVE WRITTEN A LETTER TO THEM ...THEIR OBSESSION IS IPOB.

Sincerely speaking who do this people this thing??...Maybe its from their useless forefather that fell from the sky and smashed its head therefore it has become a generational thing the way these miscreants think...spits!!
grin grin grin
Re: Heavily Armed Troops Patrol Anambra Ahead Of Governorship Election by Grandmeister(m): 1:55pm On Nov 04, 2021
dettolgel:

For once let us put on our thinking cap.
Are they against election for the sake of being against election or are they using it as leverage?

Workers use strike as means of disobedience that those not mean that do not want to work?
My thinking cap is firmly on! It was this same tactic that disenfranchised the igbos from voting in 2015 and 2019. Kanu's no election cries caused many Igbo voters in the east to refrain from voting. At the end of the day Buhari and his allies got their way. What leverage were they fighting for in 2015 and 2019? Apc is already gearing to win the most powerful eastern state this weekend and it's all because of kanu and his organisation. We have been lacking political control since the war, our bargaining chip has been our strength in commerce but ipob is also whittling that down with the sit at home orders. They are weakening the east much better than those who are against the igbos could have contrived. Can't you see that? Telling our kids not to go to school on Monday thereby attacking the education of the future Igbo generation can't you see that?!! Kanu hasn't built one hospital in Igbo land but is quick to give ak47 to the future generation of Igbo land can't you see that??!! Think igbos think!!

2 Likes

Re: Heavily Armed Troops Patrol Anambra Ahead Of Governorship Election by B2Bmen: 1:58pm On Nov 04, 2021
Cyberterror:
If 10 people show up to vote, that has legitimized the process and Ipob lose but KANU will continue eating undone tuwo shinkafi that aboki prepared for him till 2023.
my friend go and study your Constitution very well, stop spewing trash u don't know and understand. Who told u 10 person's or even 100 person at of 5000 or 300 acredited voters can make a govern?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Heavily Armed Troops Patrol Anambra Ahead Of Governorship Election by Tomek09(m): 2:02pm On Nov 04, 2021
[s]
hmohammed:
Where are the BASTARD IPOB SUPPORTERS. Anofias

Buhari will spill their brain content on the floor if they even try to show face.

COWARDS
[/s]
Shut up. U Northerners are just annoying.
Re: Heavily Armed Troops Patrol Anambra Ahead Of Governorship Election by B2Bmen: 2:02pm On Nov 04, 2021
Cyberterror:
If 10 people show up to vote, that has legitimized the process and Ipob lose but KANU will continue eating undone tuwo shinkafi that aboki prepared for him till 2023.
so u think sey only 10 person's or 100 person's can vote in a govern? Don't allow ignorance becloud your sense of reasoning go and study your Constitution very well.
Re: Heavily Armed Troops Patrol Anambra Ahead Of Governorship Election by tyup(m): 2:05pm On Nov 04, 2021
GardenOfGod:
Someone up there understood my concern and he used his IQ to respond friendly and appropriately. Please get off my mention if you have an insulting toxic disposition.

I'm not being toxic here man, you were insulting the mother land that birthed you and I and felt it's just all right. it's just so wrong! do you know what weaponry looks like?? if Army had deployed 10% of what weaponry really is, you would have cried genocidal act formation. you don't know what it means to be a Nigerian soldier to, if you do, you won't join folks on here berating them.

#Stop insulting the mother land
Re: Heavily Armed Troops Patrol Anambra Ahead Of Governorship Election by Bigpapi: 2:11pm On Nov 04, 2021
They will kill us and we'll kill them at the end biafra will come
Re: Heavily Armed Troops Patrol Anambra Ahead Of Governorship Election by peculiar2233: 2:18pm On Nov 04, 2021
IamWonderful:
The military will dealt severally with any miscreant that want to cause any problem
If not for your hypocrisy, your life would have been better than your grammar grin grin
Re: Heavily Armed Troops Patrol Anambra Ahead Of Governorship Election by Wiifesnatcher(m): 2:22pm On Nov 04, 2021
RuggedBiafran:
This obsession is too much. Does it mean that these AFONJANESTERN miscreants and their useless KOGI based miscreants cant channel all their energy towards the impending turmoil in Ondo and Oyo States??

In ONDO the army has left their ROADS.....at the mercy of FULANI BANDITS.....their obsession is IPOB.

IN OYO FULANI HERDSMEN HAVE WRITTEN A LETTER TO THEM ...THEIR OBSESSION IS IPOB.

Sincerely speaking who do this people this thing??...Maybe its from their useless forefather that fell from the sky and smashed its head therefore it has become a generational thing the way these miscreants think...spits!!

you Igbo have no shame, a Fulani man ordered armed men to your region but you don't have the gut to abuse him because you want to vote his kinsman in 2023

you cow are so predictable
Re: Heavily Armed Troops Patrol Anambra Ahead Of Governorship Election by egoldman(m): 2:23pm On Nov 04, 2021
majamajic:
No voting is APC advantage

Imo people voted ooh, yet they imposed ozodimmbga on them.
Re: Heavily Armed Troops Patrol Anambra Ahead Of Governorship Election by IamWonderful: 2:23pm On Nov 04, 2021
peculiar2233:

If not for your hypocrisy, your life would have been better than your grammar grin grin
This isn't good enough for your father.
Re: Heavily Armed Troops Patrol Anambra Ahead Of Governorship Election by majamajic(m): 2:25pm On Nov 04, 2021
egoldman:

Imo people voted ooh, yet they imposed ozodimmbga on them.

No , it's a different case , APC came 4th in imo
In this Anambra election , the way it's going now , APC might win it directly , not from court
Re: Heavily Armed Troops Patrol Anambra Ahead Of Governorship Election by me69: 2:31pm On Nov 04, 2021
JavaScript90:

Hello, I am a fullstack web developer.
you are a fool
Re: Heavily Armed Troops Patrol Anambra Ahead Of Governorship Election by RuggedBiafran: 2:34pm On Nov 04, 2021
SEE why you guyz have no honour??

Buhari was roundly rejected twice in the OLD SE region....we no send am

When palliatives where shared he didnt give the east...we no send am

His Fulani Brothers that move unmolested DARE not go to the SE..because their virgins sure!

You Yaribaa miscreants "shout" the most about others but are the wiping boyz of the Fulani who know you guyz as useful idiats!!....spits!

Wiifesnatcher:

you Igbo have no shame, a Fulani man ordered armed men to your region but you don't have the gut to abuse him because you want to vote his kinsman in 2023

you cow are so predictable
Re: Heavily Armed Troops Patrol Anambra Ahead Of Governorship Election by Edusouls(m): 2:38pm On Nov 04, 2021
Ur analysis is just super, u re a very intelligent person
sammirano2:
Igbos are too chicken-hearted to tackle the Nigerian corporate existence. The only people capable of sending the government packing in Nigeria is the North. Those guys have no value for human life and likewise their life. Igbos are worse, they will think of their mothers, wives (they too like women) all these factors makes them weak.
Re: Heavily Armed Troops Patrol Anambra Ahead Of Governorship Election by Edusouls(m): 2:39pm On Nov 04, 2021
Sit at home if u want to, allow people who want to vote to vote, illiterates everywhere
Toluwanise247:
What do you expect before. We are not surprise. Intimidation loading
Let the wise sit at home if you don't vote you wouldn't die.

Re: Heavily Armed Troops Patrol Anambra Ahead Of Governorship Election by Kissiemu(m): 2:41pm On Nov 04, 2021
dettolgel:

I suggest you stop taking things at face value. Look at the far reaching consequences. No one is changing mouth.

That is the problem we have in Nigeria. Imagine people collecting 400 naira and a can of malt from politicians. At face value na our let's collect it and chop it. But the implications is that you have just sold four years of your productive life for 400 naira. What happens to chasing the politicians away with his or her meagre bribe and on the day of election make sure you vote him out.

This is not just about the voters but also of the security personnel that will collect 10k bribe each and the cultists that will be hired to snatch the ballot boxes
Your former statement didn't say anything about election. You were defending IPOB's violence
Re: Heavily Armed Troops Patrol Anambra Ahead Of Governorship Election by Wiifesnatcher(m): 2:44pm On Nov 04, 2021
RuggedBiafran:
SEE why you guyz have no honour??

Buhari was roundly rejected twice in the OLD SE region....we no send am

When palliatives where shared he didnt give the east...we no send am

His Fulani Brothers that move unmolested DARE not go to the SE..because their virgins sure!

You Yaribaa miscreants "shout" the most about others but are the wiping boyz of the Fulani who know you guyz as useful idiats!!....spits!

Buhari was rejected but Atiku was accepted by you remote zombies

Yoruba vote for the party they have allegiance with and Igbo voted for those they've their allegiance with

so what exactly are you crying for? because the reason for this your stupidity is beyond me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lucky Aiyedatiwa Sworn-In As Governor Of Ondo State / Operation Awatse: Military Bombs Militants In Fatola. Scores Feared Dead / Umahi, Others Queue Behind George Obiozor, The New President Of Ohanaeze Ndigbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.