Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,750 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed (22673 Views)

My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad / Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? / Traveling Abroad With Soon To Be Wedded Fiancee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by ImpactBooks: 1:28pm On Nov 04, 2021
Hello NLds!

I have been a family member of this group to years and what I have found most interesting about this forum is it's educative and/or enlightenment opportunity it offers.

Yesterday, a thread was opened which discussed the way and manner Immigrants are being extorted, most especially, at the Lagos and Abuja International Airports. One cogent thing that I learnt about the thread is that the first-time travellers are more evenurable to the Airport Officials illegal activities even though some argued that giving anything to these officials is by choice ESPECIALLY WHERE IMMIGRANTS TRAVELING DOCUMENTS ARE VALID AND COMPLETE.

This is where I need your guidance.

I will be travelling out of the country for the very first time by next month. Therefore, I need guidance on two things:

1. For someone that is travelling on invitation base on medical ground, what are the valid travelling documents that the person needs to have to make it COMPLETE? This information is needed in ensuring that my travelling agents did a thorough job regarding my travelling papers.

2. I have taken my first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine and my second dose is scheduled for 19th of this month. Once these doses are taken, do I still need to take another vaccine before my departure again or I only need to do another COVID-19 test? If it is the latter, between what Internal/period do I need to do the test, where and at what cost?

Thanks as I await your guidance.

Blessings

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by uthlaw: 2:09pm On Nov 04, 2021
once you japa,no return ooo.... leave immigration na where angel send us go b dat!

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by LaSenior: 4:32pm On Nov 04, 2021
grin

No matter the advice you get here , dem go still chop you since it is your first time traveling abroad ...

16 Likes

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by slawormiir: 4:32pm On Nov 04, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright....

After second dose....then no problem ...you don't need another fuckkking dose

But wait o...you really want japa leave us like this o

And you nor even tell us the country way you dey go o...

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by Megabig: 4:32pm On Nov 04, 2021
I’ll love others to advice you on other things, my only advice is that you shouldn’t allow anything make you miss your flight, arrive at the airport early and do your check-ins because even if everything needed is presented, Nigerian corrupt officials will certainly find something to do annoy you. For a first time traveller, please have some change(cash), don’t argue, just tip them and go your way. Welcome to the new dispensation

44 Likes

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by iamyemiakins(m): 4:32pm On Nov 04, 2021
Where una dey see this travelling abroad opportunity

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by geedot: 4:33pm On Nov 04, 2021
This OP just typed through my fingers. Please we need valid responses, God bless you all.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by Richdad50(m): 4:33pm On Nov 04, 2021
Young Man,

You will need three important things when traveling outside this country;

1. Jesus, carried in your heart
2. The word of God in your luggage and on your lips.
3. Faith like Abraham.

By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to the place which he would receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going.
By faith he dwelt in the land of promise as in a foreign country, dwelling in tents with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise;
for he waited for the city which has foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

Hebrews 11: 8-10

RichDad

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by thatsleepboy1: 4:33pm On Nov 04, 2021
Father Lord, forgive your son and send me a helper biko chi m maka obodo a adịghị zí mfe.

21 Likes

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by Viktoreze(m): 4:33pm On Nov 04, 2021
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by Chatflick(m): 4:33pm On Nov 04, 2021
God when? I've been seriously thinking about going out of Nigeria. Probably an European country or Vietnam. I heard Vietnam isn't bad.

12 Likes

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by baqirshuayb(m): 4:33pm On Nov 04, 2021
grin
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by OnlineArchitect: 4:33pm On Nov 04, 2021
Well first and foremost you must be street wise "as in shine ur eyes" onto say na 9ja u dey so no let anybody obtain you.

Secondly try and ask questions about things not cleared to you from fellow travelers. Dem say who dey ask question no dey miss road grin

Most importantly don't think of coming back after you don jakpa commot here. Although u fit come for visit once once.

Safe trip bro...

BTW
Am readily available to handle your building designs and construction projects.

6 Likes

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by chidonweb(m): 4:33pm On Nov 04, 2021
Every body want to Japa.

Stay and fight for your country.
The country you are running to, people fought for it to be what it is today

9 Likes

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by seunny4lif(m): 4:33pm On Nov 04, 2021
Jakpa now grin
Everybody dey Jakpa grin
God when? God pick my call

Make sure say your visa is valid and original ooh because we dey hear the stories of scammer agents getting their client fake visas.

Hold money ooh incase because those yeye immigration officials and customers officials are useless, they have made many people to missed their flight especially first time travellers.

You can scream and shout on them but those people no dey fear anything because they know that nothing will happen as corruption in Nigeria is too high.

Abeg no return oooh, stay that side

8 Likes

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by Princeadebayo11(m): 4:34pm On Nov 04, 2021
Once you are able to get out of this shithole, please don't plan to return for the next 8 years. Because it will take time for Nigeria to cleanse this horrible things created by Buhari

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by Haryour12(m): 4:34pm On Nov 04, 2021
God when? grin
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by femi4: 4:34pm On Nov 04, 2021
Japa to avoid Sapa and never come back

4 Likes

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by Dialpad: 4:35pm On Nov 04, 2021
You need to state the country you will be visiting, US for example requires all passengers (non citizens) to be fully vaccinated.

The policy will take effect from November 8th

The country you are visiting will determine the advise you receive

13 Likes

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by PoliteActivist: 4:35pm On Nov 04, 2021
ImpactBooks:
Hello NLds!

I have been a family member of this group to years and what I have found most interesting about this forum is it's educative and/or enlightenment opportunity it offers.

Yesterday, a thread was opened which discussed the way and manner Immigrants are being extorted, most especially, at the Lagos and Abuja International Airports. One cogent thing that I learnt about the thread is that the first-time travellers are more evenurable to the Airport Officials illegal activities even though some argued that giving anything to these officials is by choice ESPECIALLY WHERE IMMIGRANTS TRAVELING DOCUMENTS ARE VALID AND COMPLETE.

abobote:
I booked this space to read comments, mais vraiment, I didn't see any reasonable comment above. I'm a traveller, but border to border, I know everything about the ECOWAS route, but trust me I haven't been to airport before

Forget all they've been saying, focus on these:

1) GET TO THE AIRPORT ON TIME!!!
I mean like 4 to 5 hours before flight.
Once you do this you become the boss. They can't use their usual trick of u may miss flight.
Believe it or not, most people do things at last minute.

2) Have some small naira on you or be able to go and withdraw some. If you are at the airport on time there is no problem a little "gift" can't solve. Don't see airport as where you'd solve Nigeria's corruption problem. Those people have to eat too!

3) Once you are at airport on time, don't just sit in one corner. Talk to fellow travelers, they'd tell you how best to navigate, especially veteran travellers.
Even talk to airport workers, but be careful.

4) Try and be among first to weigh your bags and do check-in so if there are problems you'd have ample time to resolve it.

5) Be clear about your departure gate. Once checked in, go and sit there. Other people taking same flight will also be sitting there. In case there are changes you don't know about, their movements will alert you.

6) Know things like what's not allowed on international flights, amount of fluids you can carry, food, etc. No sense bringing something and they throw it out at boarding.

7) If you have a stop-over, make sure you know the requirements of the stop-over country. Also, know if your airline offers stop-over meal vouchers or other accommodations - some airlines won't automatically tell you.

(8. Airlines and airplanes are different types. If you not sure about anything, politely ask. Don't pretend to know it all.

9) BE ON TIME!!! Most people are kept busy by final arrangements at home, or delayed by traffic, and make it to the airport under time pressure - and become food for airport hustlers!

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by Omniman(m): 4:36pm On Nov 04, 2021
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by abobote: 4:37pm On Nov 04, 2021
I booked this space to read comments, mais vraiment, I didn't see any reasonable comment above. I'm a traveller, but border to border, I know everything about the ECOWAS route, but trust me I haven't been to airport before

2 Likes

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by cdm4live: 4:37pm On Nov 04, 2021
Find excuses for you to remain there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by Bustincole(m): 4:39pm On Nov 04, 2021
The country sapa is making sum1 to japa

1 Like

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by Extrajoy01: 4:39pm On Nov 04, 2021
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by AngelicBeing: 4:39pm On Nov 04, 2021
Richdad50:
Young Man,

You only need two very important things when traveling on medical grounds.

1. Jesus, carried in your heart
2. The word of God in your luggage and on your lips.

RichDad
Plus Faith in number 1 and 2 wink

2 Likes

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by IMASTEX: 4:40pm On Nov 04, 2021
Reading
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by TimeTraveller: 4:41pm On Nov 04, 2021
Ok
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by Iliveforever(m): 4:41pm On Nov 04, 2021
As for the papers concerning the invitation, make sure u have a prove of payment for the medical fees and Concerning the dose, you don’t even need to complete it, just make sure u take covid test less than 72 hours to ur travel and also procure ur yellow card and that’s all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

12 Facts About Air Travel You Should Know / Breaking News No More Visa Lottery 4 Nigeria! / The Bad State Of Federal Road In Otukpo, Benue State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.